NotebookTalk

Ubisoft to Shut Down Multiplayer and Online Services for 15 Games in September 2022

KING19

Im sure most of you heard the news about this but still its worth posting because its a sh*t move by Ubisoft and affect those who still plays Far Cry 3 and the Assassin Creed games.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-to-shut-down-multiplayer-and-online-services-for-15-games-in-september-2022

Btw it includes single player DLCs as well not just Multiplayer DLCs. Basically its taking away DLCs that customers bought and paid for.

• Thumb Up 2

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

Crap move especially with the dlc for offline that were paid for. Only two of that list I have played in the last few years is FC3 and SCBL and always just single player. Says they did the same in 21 for a few other games and I recognized the Rainbow Six Vegas games, man played the he# out of those back in the day lol

Edit: I was reading the comments and it says if you already own the DLC you'll still have it, they're just delisting it for sale so there you go. It also reminded me that Black List had a few places you couldn't access unless you were online MP.

2 hours ago, KING19 said:

Im sure most of you heard the news about this but still its worth posting because its a sh*t move by Ubisoft and affect those who still plays Far Cry 3 and the Assassin Creed games.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-to-shut-down-multiplayer-and-online-services-for-15-games-in-september-2022

Btw it includes single player DLCs as well not just Multiplayer DLCs. Basically its taking away DLCs that customers bought and paid for.

yep, and THATS the reason i despise any kind of "online content", be it movie/tv show streaming, online game shops like Steam or music shops like spotify and the like.

mark my words, guys: YOU DO NOT OWN ANY OF THAT MATERIAL! you are just renting / leasing it and can lose it anytime one of the companies behind those platforms feels like taking it away from you.

thus, i keep absolutely everything, be it games, tv shows, movies, music, etc LOCALLY under my full control. also just using cloud services for quick n dirty transfer of stuff but NOT as archives or backup locations....

/rant 😛 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

• 2 weeks later...

lol, yeah I swore never to buy another Ubisoft game again many years ago after buying a Far Cry 2 4-pack to play multiplayer with friends. Never played it even once since we could not get it to connect to the servers. Their tech support was no use at all.

• 2 months later...

Well, it looks like ubisoft has officially gone insane. I just found out now they're selling Far Cry 6 "GOTY" edition for $120. That's full retail price for all DLCs on a game that's been out for quite a while now and, more importantly, never actually earned the Game Of The Year title. Almost makes me regret for having bought FC6 when it came out...

• Thumb Up 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, cucubits said:

Well, it looks like ubisoft has officially gone insane. I just found out now they're selling Far Cry 6 "GOTY" edition for $120. That's full retail price for all DLCs on a game that's been out for quite a while now and, more importantly, never actually earned the Game Of The Year title. Almost makes me regret for having bought FC6 when it came out...

They're insane for that... Personally i was thinking about trying out FC6 but the series went downhill over the last few years.

I feel like playing FC3 again but its likely i lost my saved game since it was saved on their cloud and the servers shutdown this month.....

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

• 2 weeks later...