Jump to content
NotebookTalk

Top 20 games of all time, Your pick ! their pick !


ryan
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

 

Interesting opinions on top games of all time....

 

personally I liked half life 2 series and crysis the best out of all games. simply because I could go back to them time and time again and enjoy the replay. other games like witcher 3 rdr2 are also great but I found myself just loading them up after install and seeing no reason to replay.

 

Now your take what are your top 30. 🙂

  • Thumb Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ryan said:

 

 

Interesting opinions on top games of all time....

 

personally I liked half life 2 series and crysis the best out of all games. simply because I could go back to them time and time again and enjoy the replay. other games like witcher 3 rdr2 are also great but I found myself just loading them up after install and seeing no reason to replay.

 

Now your take what are your top 30. 🙂

will have a looksie on this one 🙂

 

Half-Life series / C&C series / Titan Quest / Wolfenstein series / Portal series / Age of Empires (but personally only the first one) / Doom series / Wing Commander & Freespace series / Left 4 Dead series / Serious Sam series

 

this off the top of my head, classic evergreens with tons of replay value 🙂 

  • Like 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just went to the yt and somebody had them all listed. I agreed with about 10 of them,HL2, arkham, hollow knight, R* stuff,TW3,Silent Hill2. I can't see odyssey tbh it's not that big of a difference from the other classic 3d mario games just the hat mechanic and some other clever new stuff but that over 3d world or the galaxy games nah. SMW in 2d like Hollow knight should be on that list even SMB3 but it looks like they had a cutoff for old games, shadow colossus is there, way old. You could just lump elden ring in with the whole dark souls games not much different but one of them definitely should be on the list. Same goes for the whole arkham series really great stuff. With my current COH1 binging I think that should be there but it's not a huge series more niche. I think at least one sim racer with tons of free content should be on there, I stick with rfactor1 for ease but the other similar modern games are also amazing and for casual players can be adjusted. FH is dazzling graphically though, still have not really played FH4 much still installed. IMO the rest are more niche personal choices or are console focused.

  • Thumb Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The list is ok but pretty biased, way too many modern games on the list. There no PS1, N64, Sega Genesis, SNES, and NES games mentioned also no Sonic classic 2D games, nor the Wolfenstein games mentioned either. Also the funniest thing about the list that there no COD games mentioned either lol.

 

Could of add SMB3 and other classic games on the list since those games aged well and still very popular. Also instead of MGS2 it should of either MGS1 or MSG3. 3 was way better than 2.

  • Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, KING19 said:

The list is ok but pretty biased, way too many modern games on the list. There no PS1, N64, Sega Genesis, SNES, and NES games mentioned also no Sonic classic 2D games, nor the Wolfenstein games mentioned either. Also the funniest thing about the list that there no COD games mentioned either lol.

 

Could of add SMB3 and other classic games on the list since those games aged well and still very popular. Also instead of MGS2 it should of either MGS1 or MSG3. 3 was way better than 2.

 

agreed.

 

for a more expansive list, i always like to go to metacritic:

 

top PC games by metascore: https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/pc/metascore

top PC games by user score: https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/pc/userscore

 

can also switch platforms to consoles or streaming platforms.

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

although meta critic is fairly accurate its not perfect it also does not include mario world or sonic...un believeable super mario world is easily the funnest and best game ever made as is alyx...alyx is so good its not even funny and scored like 20th...not accurate at all. vr is great and the game takes vr one step further its literally ground breaking

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ryan said:

although meta critic is fairly accurate its not perfect it also does not include mario world or sonic...un believeable super mario world is easily the funnest and best game ever made as is alyx...alyx is so good its not even funny and scored like 20th...not accurate at all. vr is great and the game takes vr one step further its literally ground breaking

for mario based games ull likely have to switch the selected platform, as mentioned above 🙂 i only provided example links for PC games.

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Lol, every list like this is different for everyone, they are usually just fodder for people complaining in the comments about all the games they passed over.

  • Thumb Up 2

[Draupnir] R5 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 2 x 16GB 3600@CL16 | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 w/ Fan Mods

[Gungnir]  LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD

[Munnin]  MacBook Pro 16 | i9-9980HK | Radeon Pro 5300M | 64GB RAM | 1TB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use