NotebookTalk

Clevo p370sm3 + Zotac 1070 not working

Csupati

hi , ive managed to upgrade my sm3 with first with a 980m 4gb thats worked flawlessly , then i found an eurocom/gecube green 1060 , that worked 2 without any issue, then i found a (i think is a zotac) 1070 black pcb and same layout that the 1060 has. Now if i put the 1070 in the laptop ( both mxm slots tryed) its starts , and gives screen , but after some time its starts beeping and flashing all lock lights the turns off. (We tried different vbios like clevo es , msi different series bios , even alienware vbios 2 , carefully take care of the id-s not to mess up something ). Everythime after we changed the vbios its presented in bios, but still beeps and shut down. Then i put it in a 771zm and same story. For now i dont own any of the laptops and the zotac 1070, im just curios about that is this upgrade is available or its a dead end , and clevo have ec incompatible with zotac cards. The strange thing was that the 1060 was working but the 1070 is not.(litle off : with the 1060 , ive got for a short time an s7100x what ive tried ind the second mxm slot , both drivers was up and running no issues at all.

HP Omen Transcend 16 13700HX/32GB 4800mhz/RTX 4070 105W/QHD 240Hz IPS.

54 minutes ago, Csupati said:

hi , ive managed to upgrade my sm3 with first with a 980m 4gb thats worked flawlessly , then i found an eurocom/gecube green 1060 , that worked 2 without any issue, then i found a (i think is a zotac) 1070 black pcb and same layout that the 1060 has. Now if i put the 1070 in the laptop ( both mxm slots tryed) its starts , and gives screen , but after some time its starts beeping and flashing all lock lights the turns off. (We tried different vbios like clevo es , msi different series bios , even alienware vbios 2 , carefully take care of the id-s not to mess up something ). Everythime after we changed the vbios its presented in bios, but still beeps and shut down. Then i put it in a 771zm and same story. For now i dont own any of the laptops and the zotac 1070, im just curios about that is this upgrade is available or its a dead end , and clevo have ec incompatible with zotac cards. The strange thing was that the 1060 was working but the 1070 is not.(litle off : with the 1060 , ive got for a short time an s7100x what ive tried ind the second mxm slot , both drivers was up and running no issues at all.

Zotac cards do not work in Clevo laptops because they have a different output signal from the gpu chip temperature sensor and therefore the laptop receives incorrect parameters about the temperature of the video card and goes into emergency mode.

• Сlevo p870tm1-g 17.3 Fhd 300Hz i9-10980hk ES rtx3060. / Clevo x170smg 17.3 300Hz i9-10850k rtx2070super 32g ddr4 3200Mhz Gskill. / Clevo x170kmg 17.3 2k 165Hz i5-11600k rtx3080 32g ddr4 3200Mhz Hyper-X.

1 hour ago, ViktorV said:

Zotac cards do not work in Clevo laptops because they have a different output signal from the gpu chip temperature sensor and therefore the laptop receives incorrect parameters about the temperature of the video card and goes into emergency mode.

Thanks, i guess then we cant simply change that sensor( its inside the gpu chip its self?) . Maybe we will have a better luck then with an AW 17 haswell or an m6800 .

HP Omen Transcend 16 13700HX/32GB 4800mhz/RTX 4070 105W/QHD 240Hz IPS.