NotebookTalk

AX210 Can't See 6GHz Signal

Nick

I upgraded the AX200 in my HP EliteBook 855 G7 to an AX210. After swapping the chip and trying drivers from both HP and Intel, I'm still unable to connect to the 6GHz signal from my Netgear RAXE500 router. Our phones are able to see and connect to the 6GHz network, but not this HP laptop. My next step is to try a Ubuntu live thumb drive of some kind to see if it can see the 6GHz network. I purchased the AX210 from CDW so I'm confident it's genuine. 

In the RAXE500 settings, my region is set to North America. 

• 3 months later...

HAHA ironic. I was scrolling google trying to solve this and I also have the same problem with my AX210. I heard its auto 6ghz and doesnt show 6ghz bands but Im pretty sure It can. After hours and hours I was told to use an older driver and windows 10. that seems to be the only work around.

My internet is 1500mbps. and im getting 13-1400 with ac so perhaps at this time in history 6ghz is useless unless your internet is like 2gbps and up. I have the 6ghz band on my cell so I know its not the router. But im afraid its software(windows) and drivers(intel) causing the issue.

if your brave revert back to windows 10 and if your already on windows 10 reset or do a clean install and take it from there.

heres proof that im getting 1300-1400mps with a band that has better range. IMHO 6ghz is overrated and pointless if your moving around your apt/house as the signal will be faster with AC

Screenshot-21.png

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 12/3/2022 at 11:05 PM, Nick said:

I upgraded the AX200 in my HP EliteBook 855 G7 to an AX210. After swapping the chip and trying drivers from both HP and Intel, I'm still unable to connect to the 6GHz signal from my Netgear RAXE500 router. Our phones are able to see and connect to the 6GHz network, but not this HP laptop. My next step is to try a Ubuntu live thumb drive of some kind to see if it can see the 6GHz network. I purchased the AX210 from CDW so I'm confident it's genuine. 

In the RAXE500 settings, my region is set to North America. 

found this it didn't work for me but alot of people with the AX210 are reporting good results, also file is safe 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/ax210-window-10-21h2-not-showing-6GHz-networks/m-p/1338022

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Those numbers are on wireless?  I am getting crap numbers on my dell.  I need to get a new wireless card installed in this pronto!  

EDIT: Just looked, I have an ax201.  I am going to replace it with the AX210 and see what happens.  

• Thumb Up 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

avoid the AX210 and research a atheros card that supports 6ghz and thats it. i upgraded from 75mbps to 1.5gbps and the difference in getting games downloaded is shocking. i think i was getting a raw download of 150mbs on steam, took like 8 min to download gta v..

if  you do get a ax210 expect fast speeds and great range but 6ghz band appears to be locked out. doesn't really matter when your getting 1400mbps in 2023

@kojack get this instead its cheap/newer/ and def better

https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/products/sku/211485/intel-killer-wifi-6e-ax1675-xw/specifications.html

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

im getting 1300 with bursts up to 1459mbs

honestly the only setting you need to change with ax210 is in device properties enable thoroughput booster and set preferred band to 6ghz and just use wifi 5 as 6 is broken.

i went from 600mbps to 1450 so its a pretty big deal just setting one setting

heres 170mbs never saw this kinda speed in my life

Screenshot-14.png

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 9 months later...
On 3/13/2023 at 5:23 PM, ryan said:

im getting 1300 with bursts up to 1459mbs

honestly the only setting you need to change with ax210 is in device properties enable thoroughput booster and set preferred band to 6ghz and just use wifi 5 as 6 is broken.

i went from 600mbps to 1450 so its a pretty big deal just setting one setting

heres 170mbs never saw this kinda speed in my life

Screenshot-14.png

Good to hear you got this working - Windows 10 or Windows 11?

I have the same speeds with Windows 11 but no WiFi 6 with Windows 10 and apparently this is a known problem and reading further into it not really worth the hassle to get it going.

I will probably try something different instead, first try will be one of the upcoming WiFi 7 cards.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah in canada the max is 1.5gbs so wifi 6e is pointless for most people. wifi 5 right now im getting 400mbs and its fast enough for my 1gb line. it would be nice to see 1100 but I think its a pipedream with the deco router.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I purchased a Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x dual band (2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz) I set the 5Ghz band to 160MHz and channel 48 I have a 2.5 Gbps FTTH connection. Winddow 11 Pro.
PS: Something doesn't make sense to me, the AX210 card is Triband 2.4/5G/6G, have you tried setting the various bands 160Mhz or more from the router?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gZcbcGZcUi0t4T5Da8naNfwZBhyBJp3r/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YzNo3EZH4SgLi3xjJfeG9txieflUryoI/view?usp=sharing

Even my AX1675X intel says it is triband, even though the router is Wi-Fi 6 there are only two bands as can be seen in the picture:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/211485/intel-killer-wifi-6e-ax1675-xw/specifications.html

How to Enable Wi-Fi 6E/ 6GHz Band Using Intel® Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) products

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059385/wireless/intel-wi-fi-6e-products.html

4 hours ago, ETZ said:

I purchased a Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x dual band (2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz) I set the 5Ghz band to 160MHz and channel 48 I have a 2.5 Gbps FTTH connection. Winddow 11 Pro.

This seems to be an ongoing issue.  There was some chatter over here, with links to some Reddit threads where people are also seeing this; it seems like Intel still has some driver issues going on.

(I have an AX210 card but no 6 GHz capable router to try to use it with ...)

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal) • Dell Precision 7560 (work) • Full specs in spoiler block below
Info posts (Dell) — Dell Precision key postsDell driver RSS feeds • Dell Fan Management — override fan behavior
Info posts (Windows) — Turbo boost toggle • The problem with Windows 11 • About Windows 10 LTSC

Spoiler

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal)

• M2 Max
    • 4 efficiency cores
    • 8 performance cores
    • 38-core Apple GPU
  • 96GB LPDDR5-6400
  • 8TB SSD
  • macOS 14 "Sonoma"
  • 16.2" 3456×2234 120 Hz mini-LED VRR display
  • Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3
  • 99.6Wh battery
  • 1080p webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Also — iPhone 12 Pro 512GB, Apple Watch Series 8

Dell Precision 7560 (work)

• Intel Xeon W-11955M ("Tiger Lake")
    • 8×2.6 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading ("Willow Cove")
  • 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC
  • NVIDIA RTX A2000 4GB
  • Storage:
    • 512GB system drive (Micron 2300)
    • 4TB additional storage (Sabrent Rocket Q4)
  • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
  • 15.6" 3940×2160 IPS display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX210 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3)
  • 95Wh battery
  • 720p IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Previous

• Dell Precision 7770, 7530, 7510, M4800, M6700
  • Dell Latitude E6520
  • Dell Inspiron 1720, 5150
  • Dell Latitude CPi

I replaced my Intel / Killer Wi-Fi 6 nic with a WiFi 6E card and Windows 10 will not display 6ghz wi-fi networks, but you can enable 6Ghz networks in the adapter settings. It just won't let you choose a 6Ghz network in the wi-fi list (Windows 10)

Then I upgraded the NIC to a BE200NGW for 6Ghz (160 and 320 Mhz) and changed to windows 11 and everything shows up and I can connect to 6Ghz networks in Windows 11.

• Bump 1

• 5 weeks later...

windows 10 does NOT support wifi 6e

The Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz supports the new high-speed 6 GHz band as a part of Wi-Fi 6E, but when my school installed new 6 GHz access points, I saw my Framework running Windows 11 was still only connecting to the 5 GHz band. Here's a solution I found in case anyone else encounters this problem. Note this appears to be a problem with Intel drivers exclusive to Windows.

Apparently, the newer driver versions for the AX210 (as of writing this, version 22.110.1 is current. Hopefully a new version will come out to resolve this issue) broke 6 GHz support. Rolling back to version 22.45.1.1 fixes this. To do this, you'll have to roll back the driver to a version older than this before manually installing version 22.45.1.1.

• Open the Device Manager (devmgmt.msc in Win+R) and find Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz under Network Adapters.

• Double-click to open Properties

• Under the Driver tab, note the current driver version

• Click Uninstall Device, and check the box to attempt to remove the driver as well

• Restart

• Go back to the Device Manager, and see if the Wi-FI adapter is still there. If it is, check the driver version. When I did this, each time I uninstalled the driver, it fell back to a previous version. I had to repeat the steps of uninstalling and restarting several times until I got all the way down to 22.0.1.5, at which point continuing to attempt to uninstall didn't change anything. I expect that you only need to go to something earlier than 22.45.1.1.

• It is possible that after uninstalling all of the existing drivers, the Wi-Fi adapter will no longer appear under Network Adapters, but will show up as some kind of generic "Networking Device" under Other Devices.

• Download driver version 22.45.1.1. I wasn't able to find this directly from Intel, but it can be downloaded from the forum post linked below.

• Manually install it by clicking Update Driver, Browse my computer for drivers, and then navigate to whatever folder you extracted version 22.45.1.1 to.

• Restart, and double-check that 22.45.1.1 shows as your current driver version. 6 GHz should now work normally.

Kudos to XenulsWatching on the Intel community support forum for attaching a download for driver 22.45.1.1

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/ax210-window-10-21h2-not-showing-6GHz-networks/m-p/1341116#M39195

I've still had some issues even with 22.45.1.1, but at least it's a start.

EDIT: As of driver version 22.240.0.6, this has still not been fixed - no 6 GHz connectivity on Windows 11.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 1 month later...

broke down and bought a wifi 7 card(BE200) hoping the 6ghz band would just show....and drum roll...yep it just shows. finally able to see and use my 1.5gig internet. AX210 and MT7922 are terrible cards as default they lock out the 6ghz band which is funny because people buy the 6e cards for 6e, facepalm.

@kojack go on amazon and buy the intel be200. this thing screams and its wifi 7. bands all show up

quote:

I replaced my Intel / Killer Wi-Fi 6 nic with a WiFi 6E card and Windows 10 will not display 6ghz wi-fi networks, but you can enable 6Ghz networks in the adapter settings. It just won't let you choose a 6Ghz network in the wi-fi list (Windows 10)

Then I upgraded the NIC to a BE200NGW for 6Ghz (160 and 320 Mhz) and changed to windows 11 and everything shows up and I can connect to 6Ghz networks in Windows 11.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took your advice/experiences and bought a be200 to see if 6ghz bands would show and just like you they did. going to be buying 3 more for my other laptops.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled