NotebookTalk

Any HDTV's with built in 4-way input cropping?

Reciever

Good morning everyone!

I am looking for an HDTV that has the ability to crop 4 inputs at the same time on screen. I know I can get a hardware based multiplexer but was curious to if I can remove that piece if such functions are built into a television set. 

Thanks in advance! 

• Thumb Up 1

• 3 months later...

I think the best you can do is onboard PIP.  I have never heard of a TV that can output 4 sections at once.  I am moving to a 43" 4k tv next week for my display. I have my 2 24inch monitors and I don't like the offset monitors.  I am going to get one big one and split screen using software for windows etc.  

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

8 minutes ago, kojack said:

I think the best you can do is onboard PIP.  I have never heard of a TV that can output 4 sections at once.  I am moving to a 43" 4k tv next week for my display. I have my 2 24inch monitors and I don't like the offset monitors.  I am going to get one big one and split screen using software for windows etc.  

PIP isnt really a thing anymore and not what I am looking for, that being said I did find what I wanted. 

I dont use this in particular, but I have 9 port versions on my other monitors for production uses. 

https://www.amazon.com/Multiviewer-Seamless-Switcher-Security-Consoles/dp/B0B145ZNT9/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1EOX88KTUJ19K&keywords=hdmi+multiviewer&qid=1679402250&sprefix=hdmi+multiviwer%2Caps%2C115&sr=8-4

• Thumb Up 2

Yeah, I knew what you were wanting to do, but not sure if that could be possible with just TV inputs.  That box will work, make sure you get the 1080p version. 

37 minutes ago, kojack said:

Yeah, I knew what you were wanting to do, but not sure if that could be possible with just TV inputs.  That box will work, make sure you get the 1080p version. 

1080p was too small for us, 4K works out better since were inputting 4 1080p sources each with 9x 1080p sources to a 65" 4K TV 

I didn't see the 4k version.  Cool~!

• 3 weeks later...

? some pretty bizzare requests. like you can multitask 9 different things at once. there is a logic rule 7 plus or minus one. but hey if you super human fly at her

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

51 minutes ago, ryan said:

? some pretty bizzare requests. like you can multitask 9 different things at once. there is a logic rule 7 plus or minus one. but hey if you super human fly at her

Ida not about multitasking, it's about force multiplying a single task up to 48 times per station :) 

• 1 month later...

true, You guys really are elite power users. Stuff I never heard of is common on NBR/NBT. people swapping out mxms/shunt modding ect. really cool let us know how it worked out as I might want to do the same thing but just for work and media consumption.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled