Jump to content
NotebookTalk

PorcGras

Member
  • Posts

    41
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PorcGras

  1. You're probably not gonna like my answer but ... just buy a Macbook πŸ˜„ Just use google docs/sheets instead of Office πŸ™‚ or get a HP EliteBook/similar work laptop with Linux... tho I personally prefer Mac, once you get used to it it's great.
  2. A bit late to the party but I recommend going on Taobao and talking to the vendors there, some of them are willing to custom build one/already have one that you need. If u need more details on how to do the whole Taobao thingy just dm me, you can't directly order outside of China and need to go through a 3rd party and so on, but once u get the hang of it its really really easy πŸ™‚, and the shipping is quite fast tbh
  3. Most likely liquid cooling πŸ™‚
  4. I got it running, I already had dsanke BIOS and then inf modded the driver for the 3070 πŸ™‚
  5. I found the answer myself: you can just ask the guy to make you a 30 series one, and he will πŸ™‚ Only vendor on TaoBao I could get to do it, somebody else complained about copper prices, others said they don't have heatsinks in stock anymore πŸ™‚
  6. I have no idea about the support on the P750... but I would expect it to work??
  7. The one on aliexpress is almost 300 euros :)) The ones on TaoBao were like 150$
  8. I dont want your message to go unanswered because I was once as excited as you are about this (I no longer am, im in limbo trying to find a GPU heatsink for my P775dm3 that fits an rtx 30 for the past 3 months, but since the world is ending and copper is at an all time high, our chinese friends stopped producing them). I have no idea about P750s, im pretty sure it should be similar to a P775, so you can find/probably already found links to DSANKE BIOS here on the forum if u just look for it a bit more. As for the EDP OTHER thingy, I think most people just ignore it, in the undervolting community more often than not I've seen people complain about it and the conclusion was that it's just bullshit, but I might be wrong. I once managed to find DSANKEs posts on a chinese forum but I've long lost the link to that (you also need a baidu cloud account and some shit for that as well, but as I said, I can't find the link anymore, is somewhere on this forum).
  9. Sooo did anyone ever find out if this would also fit the 30 series cards? :)) Currently trying to buy a P775 30 series heatsink and they somehow all vanished from the internet (except for the 250 euro one from Aliexpress...) :))
  10. I see, but there used to be a ton on taobao, now theres 0 :))
  11. Hey y'all! About a month or so ago when I last checked AliExpress and Taobao for P775 30 series heatsinks there were a ton of listings ... but now it looks like they're all gone except for one thats quite expensive on AliExpress. Any idea why that's the case? Thankuu!
  12. You can just look it up on the forum/there is a github repository with a bunch of them/there is a thread on a chinese forum by dsanke himself where you can find everything you need (flashing tool, bios, readme etc)
  13. I upgraded from a 7700K to a QTJ1 and it was more than worth it... The CPU is almost twice as fast :)) Even tho I had to bump down my RAM from 2400 -> 2133 MHz, it was still worth it. Just a bit of a bummer that I couldn't get faster RAM speed :)))
  14. It depends on how lucky you are :)) Some do get good memory controllers on them and get them up to 2900 or 3200 :))
  15. The memory controller on these CPUs is absolute trash :)) Thats why. Mine boots with 2400MHz, but is stable at 2133MHz.
  16. U sure u got the right bios? You need to flash a bios with Intel ME disabled (I know Runix sent dsanke with ME disabled in some thread, you can easily find it). EDIT: You already flashed it before so you dont need this, but I'll leave it in in case somebody else needs it :))) Im really dumb and lack reading capabilities sorry :))) You can either do this with the previous cpu in and reflash the bios that way (I forget what the program used to do it is called, I think there are several anyway. I found mine in a post from dsanke himself on some chinese forum and downloaded all the stuff i needed from a baidu cloud drive πŸ™‚ was really weird but it worked), or with a SOIC clip. Or there is also a way to do it with a usb drive but I never got that working 😞 Also I have a question myself... where the hell do yall find cheap MXM cards? All I can find is really really expensive :)))
  17. Noticeable improvement to the ram speed achievable? Or just overall cpu performance? Once I get a new working GPU I'll try it :)) If I ever do :)))
  18. What memory clocks is it reaching? Mine is kinda trash, won't do anything past 2133Mhz. The process of finding out was a real pain. Does anyone know the exact process to reset the cmos without removing the battery? It does say Fn+D should do that but it works 1/100 times it seems :))))
  19. I am sure you already know, but I'm saying this for people who might be new: Throttlestop running in the background constantly overwrites the register telling the CPU not to boost while the GPU is under load (I forgot which register it was), so it works with no problem. But yeah, having it directly working in the BIOS would be nicer :))) Most people should have Throttlestop anyway, there is literally no reason not to undervolt the CPU in these laptops πŸ™‚
  20. I have asked a couple people about this. I lean towards the idea that GSync isn't usable with these CPUs but I'm not really sure :)))
  21. Mmyee soo.. quick update: 1. I ran mats/mods and umm I got this: - i had to create a usb stick with mats/mods (lots of tutorials online) - plugged it into the laptop and changed the boot order so it would boot off of the usb stick ... but it didnt work - changed uefi boot to disabled and it did eventually seem to boot off of the stick (I say eventually because I had absolutely no image throughout this entire process... I just waited for the laptop to turn off) - here is the report: report-1080.txt I ran version 400, not sure if its right or not or whatever... no idea... despite the insane number of write errors (not sure if I ran mats/mods wrong or what) ... chip C1 seems weird... idk 2. I tested the gpu with a multimeter and all voltages seem to be fine: - Vcore: 0.7 - Vmem: 1.35 - other stuff: seems to be ok? not sure, i tested all of the inductors, i can add all of them if maybe that sounds like it could be a problem 3. Put everything back together... aaand... there is no fricking image anymore :(((( just the backlight turns on .... and also my laptop now BEEPS... not sure if post is different when you disable uefi or what ... I tried removing the cmos.. waiting... then plugging it back in in hopes that the bios would reset ... but there is no way to know for sure because the monitor is BLANK... (i tried holding down the fn + d keys but that trick never really worked for me... screw you and your weird key combinations Clevo)... The laptop gasps for life when it turns on: - turn on, run for like 5 seconds ... turn off - turn back on, fans whoosh once (not sure if it has anything to do with the modded dsanke bios im using, ive seen this happen before) and then it runs with no problem, screen backlight turns on, no image!!! Holding down keys in this state comes with a faint ... beep? i would call it idk, a muffled sort of beep or tap... not sure why ... not even sure if im booting into windows, not sure whats happening behind the scenes... And also there is sometimes a weird ... gurgle or idk bzzz sound that happens only once (it's probably the gpu screaming for help) Because I am incredibly smart and definetly not a dumbass I tried this trick: press windows key + write down spotify + enter + space key... hoping something would happend (would confirm im inside windows) ... but spotify acts weird sometimes, especially when you come out of a shutdown and not sleep :))) Of course it did not work, my life could not be THAT easy. I have not tested an external monitor ... I will, hopefully tomorrow or at some point, but I am closer to acceptance than ever, maybe I'll throw the entire laptop out the window at this point :)) If yall recognise any of this behavior or have any (and I mean any, I'm desperate) kind of suggestions, please let me know πŸ™‚ Thanks!
  22. I see, thanks! I will look into it! πŸ™‚
  23. Romania, close enough :)))
  24. I used this video specifically to run mods/mats :))) thank you though! Ummm ... I guess I could do that, I'm not that afraid of a multimeter I guess I dont really trust local shops to be honest, but maybe I'll find somebody who knows their stuff Mmyee... :)) I'll think about it a bit more ... I don't mind the price of the gpu as much as i mind the 250$ I have to pay for the heatsink :((
  25. I wonder if reflashing the vbios would help in any way (yes I am in the bargaining stage of grief, acceptance will eventually come but untill then i wanna exhaust all other options). Has anybody dealt with this before or? (also yes i keep bumping the post maybe more people will see it and respond :))) )
Γ—
Γ—
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use