Jump to content
NotebookTalk

Not new, but finally registered


tennic
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been following this forum for some time, but I finally decided to register. I am a former member of Notebookreview.

 

I have a Clevo X170KM-G, as a leisure notebook (my second Clevo notebook), and a Tongfan PF4MN2F as a work computer.

(I work as an IT manager in a company, and since I was a child I have had the hobby of information technology)

 

Congratulations for the excellent contents, which have allowed me to solve more than one problem on my Clevo.

 

See you around 😀

  • Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It has been a while since I was last active, but whenever I have a problem, I always check here first. In a perfect world, there would only be one forum to search in, but nothing is perfect...

 

My only wish would be more discussion and support for older computers.

  • Thumb Up 1

Main: Precision 7760 (i9, A4000, 64GB, 2TB, 4K 120Hz)

XPS 15 7590 (i7, 1650, 32GB, 1TB, 4K touch), Inspiron 17 5767 (i7, Radeon R7 M440, 16GB, 1TB), Latitude E6410 (i5 M 560, 8GB, 512GB, 1440x900), Latitude E4300 (P9400, 4GB, 256GB), Inspiron 1525 (T9500, 1680x1050), 2x Latitude D620 (T2400, 2GB, 256GB, 1440x900), Inspiron 6000, Thinkpad T43 (Pentium M 750, 512MB, 60GB), Thinkpad T41

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zhongze12345 said:

It has been a while since I was last active, but whenever I have a problem, I always check here first. In a perfect world, there would only be one forum to search in, but nothing is perfect...

 

My only wish would be more discussion and support for older computers.

If you need to reference older materials we do still have the NBRchive :) 

Telegram / TS3Twitter

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/24/2022 at 11:56 PM, tennic said:

I've been following this forum for some time, but I finally decided to register. I am a former member of Notebookreview.

 

I have a Clevo X170KM-G, as a leisure notebook (my second Clevo notebook), and a Tongfan PF4MN2F as a work computer.

(I work as an IT manager in a company, and since I was a child I have had the hobby of information technology)

 

Congratulations for the excellent contents, which have allowed me to solve more than one problem on my Clevo.

 

See you around 😀

Welcome back.  It's great the forum is gaining traction again. Enjoy your time here!

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2022 at 6:53 PM, Reciever said:

If you need to reference older materials we do still have the NBRchive 🙂

There is a lot of information on the archive, but I do wish that there was more active discussion since I'm in the process of upgrading and restoring many laptops in my collection...

 

I suppose people here are more interested in newer stuff, but I find myself enjoying older laptops more since I can't afford to max out and fully rebuild frames and chassis on new laptops 😂

  • Thumb Up 1

Main: Precision 7760 (i9, A4000, 64GB, 2TB, 4K 120Hz)

XPS 15 7590 (i7, 1650, 32GB, 1TB, 4K touch), Inspiron 17 5767 (i7, Radeon R7 M440, 16GB, 1TB), Latitude E6410 (i5 M 560, 8GB, 512GB, 1440x900), Latitude E4300 (P9400, 4GB, 256GB), Inspiron 1525 (T9500, 1680x1050), 2x Latitude D620 (T2400, 2GB, 256GB, 1440x900), Inspiron 6000, Thinkpad T43 (Pentium M 750, 512MB, 60GB), Thinkpad T41

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, zhongze12345 said:

There is a lot of information on the archive, but I do wish that there was more active discussion since I'm in the process of upgrading and restoring many laptops in my collection...

 

I suppose people here are more interested in newer stuff, but I find myself enjoying older laptops more since I can't afford to max out and fully rebuild frames and chassis on new laptops 😂

Gotta start somewhere! Might as well be you :P 

 

Yeah I cant really justify the  price tags I have been seeing for the new stuff, perhaps one of them might come along with a strong showing, who knows lol

 

Have to keep  in mind were technically quite a fledgling forum, no advertising to speak of, all word of mouth.

  • Thumb Up 2

Telegram / TS3Twitter

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Reciever said:

Gotta start somewhere! Might as well be you 😛

 

🤔🤔

 

14 minutes ago, Reciever said:

Yeah I cant really justify the  price tags I have been seeing for the new stuff, perhaps one of them might come along with a strong showing, who knows lol

 

And especially with the lack of upgradability/serviceability. The removal of the easily replaceable keyboard on the new Precision 7000s is a pretty big deal breaker for me. While I suppose the easily removable keyboard on the previous generations were to accommodate for the SODIMMs under the keyboard, having to do a complete teardown just to replace the keyboard is incredibly frustrating.

 

20 minutes ago, Reciever said:

Have to keep  in mind were technically quite a fledgling forum, no advertising to speak of, all word of mouth.

Yep, and since the old forum was shut down with such little notice, I suspect that many old users still don't know about this forum.

Main: Precision 7760 (i9, A4000, 64GB, 2TB, 4K 120Hz)

XPS 15 7590 (i7, 1650, 32GB, 1TB, 4K touch), Inspiron 17 5767 (i7, Radeon R7 M440, 16GB, 1TB), Latitude E6410 (i5 M 560, 8GB, 512GB, 1440x900), Latitude E4300 (P9400, 4GB, 256GB), Inspiron 1525 (T9500, 1680x1050), 2x Latitude D620 (T2400, 2GB, 256GB, 1440x900), Inspiron 6000, Thinkpad T43 (Pentium M 750, 512MB, 60GB), Thinkpad T41

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zhongze12345 said:

🤔🤔

 

And especially with the lack of upgradability/serviceability. The removal of the easily replaceable keyboard on the new Precision 7000s is a pretty big deal breaker for me. While I suppose the easily removable keyboard on the previous generations were to accommodate for the SODIMMs under the keyboard, having to do a complete teardown just to replace the keyboard is incredibly frustrating.

 

Yep, and since the old forum was shut down with such little notice, I suspect that many old users still don't know about this forum.

I know that pain, I had to replace 400 lids for the 7730 because the local contractors slid the systems on the tables some years ago.

  • Sad 1

Telegram / TS3Twitter

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2022 at 4:26 AM, tennic said:

I've been following this forum for some time, but I finally decided to register. I am a former member of Notebookreview.

 

I have a Clevo X170KM-G, as a leisure notebook (my second Clevo notebook), and a Tongfan PF4MN2F as a work computer.

(I work as an IT manager in a company, and since I was a child I have had the hobby of information technology)

 

Congratulations for the excellent contents, which have allowed me to solve more than one problem on my Clevo.

 

See you around 😀

 

about time, we need every member we can get! 😄 welcome to the fold bud, hope you enjoy! keep posting and sharing knowledge, its fun 😉 

awesome machines btw, i see youre a man of taste going with Clevo and Tongfang 🙂 

 

On 12/25/2022 at 11:04 PM, zhongze12345 said:

It has been a while since I was last active, but whenever I have a problem, I always check here first. In a perfect world, there would only be one forum to search in, but nothing is perfect...

 

My only wish would be more discussion and support for older computers.

 

On 12/28/2022 at 11:19 PM, zhongze12345 said:

There is a lot of information on the archive, but I do wish that there was more active discussion since I'm in the process of upgrading and restoring many laptops in my collection...

 

I suppose people here are more interested in newer stuff, but I find myself enjoying older laptops more since I can't afford to max out and fully rebuild frames and chassis on new laptops 😂

 

haha i think the issue currently is that were still a very small forum, still waiting to breach 1000 members. the most active ones were the hardcore NBR freaks from ye olden days, and naturally they bench, tune and tweak far more than the average user. so theyre also more likely to upgrade more frequently, thus more discussions about newer stuff. but the more we grow, the more we can strenghthen our base! so good to have you guys here to help build NBT 🙂 

  • Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6600 2x16 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 2x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" UHD 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel 12600 @ 4.4 - 4.8 Ghz / Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6 / G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3800 / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Intel AX201 ax+BT / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

 

about time, we need every member we can get! 😄 welcome to the fold bud, hope you enjoy! keep posting and sharing knowledge, its fun 😉 

awesome machines btw, i see youre a man of taste going with Clevo and Tongfang 🙂 

 

 

Here the contents are of the highest level, for those who want to experiment, the material is plentiful and of high quality 😀

  • Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use