NotebookTalk

[HELP] Laptop not working; no display

vik1ng_w0w

Short video of the problem (Power LED turns on then immediately off and repeats; no display let alone BIOS).

Specs in signature.

I had posted a thread some time earlier about a swollen battery that I assumed was freezing my laptop until I had to reboot. The problem seemingly went away only to come back in the now battery-less laptop (since I can't find a Clevo replacement battery here- out of stock or suspicious unsatisfactory responses).

It started happening again recently when the laptop started freezing and crashing as soon as I picked it up, moved it slightly sometimes or sometimes even while typing in the keyboard, as if putting pressure is causing some electrical error. I opened and examined it and cleaned up just in case including the RAM and SSD. I've been using liquid metal since I bought it and only repasted it twice taking extreme care and am confident I've not spilled it anywhere and also changed to PTM7950 this summer.

Until today I somehow made do by putting some very slight pressure on the chassis at various points which seemed to work, but today morning onwards it's not starting at all- no display and immediately turning off as soon as the LEDs light up.

Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciated. Ideally I'd like to fix the issue if possible instead of buying a new similarly performing laptop (144hz, i7, GTX 1070), especially given current prices.

EVOC PA71ES-G

CPU | Intel Core i7 8750H @ 2.2GHz (Turbo 3.9GHz) -120mV

GPU | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

RAM | 8GBx2 DDR4 @ 2400MHz

Storage | 500GB Samsung 860 EVO M.2, 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD

Display | 17.3" AUO B173HAN03.1 IPS @ 144Hz

OS | Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (Phoenix/Spartan tweaks)