NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

6 hours ago, electrosoft said:

garbage..................

Nice. Almost without a notice.... The buyers had to find it out by themself. CableMod trashed remaining stocks of their angled 90/180 degrees adapters. And those that bought first gen melting adapters will now have the chance to buy gen 2. I will continue avoid any types of adapters. Last time it took 4-5 months before the melt HELL started. How long will it takes this time? Hmmmmm

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e472rbfpab93v9e73tqr3rx78tsx5xxrdezkv53guw7&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.webp&ct=g

12VHPWR Angled Adapters Pulled from CableMod Global & EU Store, Plus Amazon US

• Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

3 hours ago, ryan said:

Thanks bro, im sorry for being so detached lately (just my illness). NO excuses 😛

I was really hoping to get in the top ten with windows 10 but it did very little, mind you I still have to tweak it but so far tweaked windows 11 > windows 10.  But once I even the playing field im sure ill score higher in timespy, but Im crossing my fingers, my score was 9228 and in windows 11 it was around 9550 so its a pretty big drop, but ill try. I honestly don't know how you and @Papusan do it like do you guys come up with your own secret tweaks or do you find them on google? 

3 hours ago, ryan said:

Yeah I buy laptops because a 3060 desktop was 2500 and a laptop was 1800. Now it's clear desktop is the way to go. It will be fun getting or making my first gaming desktop..

somewhat disappointing as cpu and gpu scores are down, but about even g/take 30 points

Screenshot-3.png

gpu is down 200 points cpu is up 200, like bro @Mr. Fox you said it. pick your poison

Screenshot-4.png

I run tweaked windows versions exclusively and recommend revios for windows 10.

I got higher scores with it vs ghost spectre windows 11

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

And it will be worse. The twin with 16GB vram for $100 more will be even a worse purchase. How big chance you think that Nvidia will reduce MSRP at launch for 4060Ti@16GB cards? Or is the $499 MSRP put in stone? 

Why I ask.... "Very Few Are Interested" in RTX 4060 Ti 16GB GPUs, Nvidia AIB Sources Reportedly Say

If nvidia was smart from the beginning... Only released 4060Ti with 16GB vram for $429. Still more expensive than prev gen but they could at least have avoided the massive complaints about 8GB vram. And the price hike would only come from inflation. Not greed.

With the review of the coming 16GB variant... Nvidia will get shitstorm Nr2 for same Sku. Not the best if you want sell loads of these 4060Ti cards.

The 4060ti should be $299 and 16gb at $329.

Drop the garbage 4050 being masqueraded as a 4060 down to $199

• Thumb Up 6
ASUS Strix Scar 17
Ryzen 9 7945HX
CB R23: 37202
32GB x2 DDR5 6000 CL34 Hynix A-die
RTX 4090 Laptop (Shunt modded)
Firestrike graphics: 58 334 || Timespy graphics: 27049 ||
Port Royal: 17013 || Steel Nomad DX12: 6639

21 hours ago, electrosoft said:

What were you running before? I just checked and I'm running 1.74 so I'll check out the changes. I don't recall seeing the memory restore function either. I'll check before I potentially update.

Hopefully one of the subsequent revisions has addressed a boot/hang issue with Samsung modules!

I was running 1.72, but 1.74 was available. Definitely fixed my A6 issue, and now with the memory restore, it should be easier for me to fine tune the memory. It was a pain in the a** when trying to tweak something and it would hang, forcing me to hold the power button down.

• Thumb Up 6

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

12 hours ago, seanwee said:

I run tweaked windows versions exclusively and recommend revios for windows 10.

I got higher scores with it vs ghost spectre windows 11

I am not familiar with Revios. Oprekin is my preferred modded Winduhz option because it does away with everything that is worthless and cuts the waste of system resources and needless overhead by about 60-70%. Ghost Spectre has a very nice feature set and looks good, but poor CPU performance on W11. It is still too bloated, with too many garbage services running that should not even exist. It's barely an improvement over a stock Windows install in terms of wasted system resources.

I am getting less and less tolerant of Windows. The less benching I do, the less reason there is for me to have a platform that runs Windows. As long as I am still working I will need Windows to do my job. I have too many things that I do daily that are reliant on Windows. When I eventually retire, there really won't be anything that I need Windows for any more. Just benching. 

The more I use Linux, the more I like it. In most ways it is more desirable, more satisfying to use and a more elegant solution. The more Winduhz de-evolves, the less likable it becomes. At this point I view Windoze and crApple OSes as being nothing more than dumbed-down data collection kiosk OSes for tech-illiterate zombies.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

17 hours ago, Papusan said:

Nice. Almost without a notice.... The buyers had to find it out by themself. CableMod trashed remaining stocks of their angled 90/180 degrees adapters. I will continue avoid any types of adapters. Last time it took 4-5 months before the melt HELL started. How long will it takes this time? Hmmmmm

12VHPWR Angled Adapters Pulled from CableMod Global & EU Store, Plus Amazon US

Yep. Why change if there is no problems. So in short.... CableMods adapters will be changed with new adapters in rev 2. CableMods custom cables will be in the store/retail shops. Can't be more clear than this. CableMod know very well that there is something wrong with their angled adapters they have sold. But you or me will never ever be told why those angled adapters failed. That would damage their reputation even more.

Just a honest question 🙂 But will I get a honest answer back?🤔

Constructed differently. Yep, that can also be a somewhat answer for failed products. 

Edit.
Yep. Now I have the info and how the patended connector (preview) looks like. But I promised not to share it. 
4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I am not familiar with Revios.

Have tested Revios custom OS before. Wasn't happy with the performance. As with all custom OS. Its a hit or a miss. Mostly a miss. And often with lower performance than your own tweaked OS.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

35 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Have tested Revios custom OS before. Wasn't happy with the performance. As with all custom OS. Its a hit or a miss. Mostly a miss. And often with lower performance than your own tweaked OS.

I was thinking the same thing. I seem to be getting really good performance with just my own tweaks and a stock windows 11, its quite a bit faster than stock 10. I think google can be a life saver if you know what sources to trust...

as for the cable mod debacle, I have never seen such dishonest business practices in my life, hey we are changing our cables for no reason and there is nothing wrong with the old design. lol just lol face palm. nothing wrong with square tires, no ones fallen off there bikes but we have this new design that incorporates a circular tire, no reason/ LMAO

• Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

There is little to be gained in terms of benchmark scores. But, there is a little bit. Winduhz 11 will still suck no matter what you do to it. But, there is some satisfaction to be had is tearing up their crap OS and removing garbage that benefits no end user, even if it doesn't improve performance. As long as it doesn't hurt performance, I am all for destroying the cancer cells in their disgusting abortion OS. Stock, it's a barrel full of feces. I like it when OS modders find ways of surgically removing garbage that benefit only the Redmond Mafia, with the only qualifier being that it is stable and does not hurt performance. I don't care if it is less secure. That has never been important to me. I would still be using Windows 7 as my daily driver OS but for the lack of working drivers for my current hardware.

1 hour ago, ryan said:

I was thinking the same thing. I seem to be getting really good performance with just my own tweaks and a stock windows 11, its quite a bit faster than stock 10. I think google can be a life saver if you know what sources to trust...

as for the cable mod debacle, I have never seen such dishonest business practices in my life, hey we are changing our cables for no reason and there is nothing wrong with the old design. lol just lol face palm. nothing wrong with square tires, no ones fallen off there bikes but we have this new design that incorporates a circular tire, no reason/ LMAO

I think CableMod have been very honorable. Far more honorable than almost any other company that serves gamers and performance PC enthusiasts, probably second only to the soon-to-be extinct EVGA (broken heart). They have repaired and replaced many graphics cards that burned with one of their adapters connected to it. NVIDIA, ASUS, Gigabutt and MSI have basically told customers to pound sand when their products fail due to engineering defects. CableMod could have done the same thing and gotten away with blaming it on the end user. The burden of proving the fault falls on the accuser. And, they are under no obligation to disclose any technical details, and I do not blame them for not doing so. The world we live in is filled with dishonest people looking to make money by abusing the civil court system and the less a business discloses about its products the safer they are. I don't blame them for not divulging information. Very smart on their part.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

Off topic, but I was completely wrong, I was using different drivers apparently and different settings were used, so I matched them with equal settings/drivers/same tweaks here are the definitive results for the omen 3060

windows 10

windows-10.png

windows 11

windows-11.png

ill try with different drivers in a bit but the newest drivers are blocking overclocking with my omen 3060

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

10 minutes ago, ryan said:

Off topic, but I was completely wrong, I was using different drivers apparently and different settings were used, so I matched them with equal settings/drivers/same tweaks here are the definitive results for the omen 3060

windows 10

windows-10.png

windows 11

windows-11.png

That's OK. At least you admitted it. 🧡 Lots of people are wrong about Windows 11 being good/better than a previous OS, just as lots or them were about Windows 10 and Windows 8 being better, yet they refuse to admit it. Maybe because they enjoy the feces-flavored Kool-Aid freebie filth from the App Store.

And, look at the part of the score where Windows 10 rips off Windows 11's head and poops down its neck... CPU. For some idiotic reason, the losers at Micro$lop can't figure out how to not ruin CPU performance. They get worse with time, not better. Maybe it is intentional. It is hard to fathom that it could just be morbid stupidity, but it could be. It doesn't help when their minions like UL/Futuremark don't give equal credit for CPU performance. All part of the smoke screen. Code the outcome to communicate what you want the sheeple to believe. Like Brother @Papusansays... lipstick on a pig.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

That's OK. At least you admitted it. 🧡 Lots of people are wrong about Windows 11 being good/better than a previous OS, just as lots or them were about Windows 10 and Windows 8 being better, yet they refuse to admit it. Maybe because they enjoy the feces-flavored Kool-Aid freebie filth from the App Store.

Not everyone test different OS builds and compare them and test with different tweaks and drivers. They just want the new and shiny. Because new has to be better @Rage Set

Build a gaming box for cheap. Just add in your dear toy-doll and some color lights/led strips😆 Better known as bling bling.

• Haha 3
  • Bump 1

jesus there really is something to this, I tried different drivers same senerio all identical and the difference is huge like im talking  8-13 percent. this is real, I was expecting windows 10 to be faster but not by this margin after I tweaked windows 11. no amount of tweaks will allow windows 11 to be as good as windows 10 I literally have 100s of reg tweaks in effect.

heres another test this time fresh installs

windows 10

winds-10-2.png

windows 11

winds-11-2.png

basically i'd like to add I did not do benchmarking fraud, these are real and unaltered no lie they are stock with identical settings in control panel with no overclcok

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

jesus there really is something to this, I tried different drivers same senerio all identical and the difference is huge like im talking  8-13 percent. this is real, I was expecting windows 10 to be faster but not by this margin after I tweaked windows 11. no amount of tweaks will allow windows 11 to be as good as windows 10 I literally have 100s of reg tweaks in effect.

heres another test this time fresh installs

windows 10

winds-10-2.png

windows 11

winds-11-2.png

basically i'd like to add I did not do benchmarking fraud, these are real and unaltered no lie they are stock with identical settings in control panel with no overclcok

Now you may see why some of us use PC's with different OS depending on what you want to gain. I have sixtuple OS and will with the time add in one or two more for testing/benching. Gone is the days with one OS fits everything. 

Here for some of you that have the chance and want to see the Northern lights. This is not bling bling bro @electrosoft It's real and its pretty. I see it several times a year here in the cold North.

Northern Lights Could Be Visible In A Few US Locations, How To Watch The Aurora

The 17 states where the aurora could be visible include New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Maryland, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Indiana, according to the University of Alaska Fairbanks Geophysical Institute.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

Coming back, Cooler Master claims that the structure of the 90-degree cables is superior to any of its competitors. It features 25% thicker contacts and a 45% lower impedance change rate, resulting in less temperatures. While the numbers provided are encouraging, the product's ultimate success depends on whether it helps with the burning issue.

https://wccftech.com/cooler-master-intros-new-improved-12vhpwr-16-pin-connectors-with-latest-psus/

• Thumb Up 4
  • Hands 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

Now you may see why some of us use PC's with different OS depending on what you want to gain. I have sixtuple OS and will with the time add in one or two more for testing/benching. Gone is the days with one OS fits everything. 

Exactly. I run 6 different versions of Windows, plus Linux. It is like having a different wrench for each size of bolt. Using a pair of pliers or a crescent wrench doesn't work as well, and it messes up the bolts when your tool slips. And, when I say I like one version more than another, there is a reason for it. It's not just me throwing rocks at the newer garbage. It is because newer IS GARBAGE.

My installed operating systems, listed in order of preference from greatest to least preferred:

• KDE Linux with Plasma (1TB NVMe on Sabrent Card)
  • Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (50% of 1TB NVMe on Sabrent Card)
  • Windows 10 LTSC 2021 (50% of 1TB NVMe on Sabrent Card)
  • Windows 11 Pro Lite Plus (1TB NVMe on Sabrent Card)
  • Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre (1TB NVMe on Sabrent Card)
  • Windows 11 Pro - Full Cancer Version (512GB NVMe on DIMM.2_1) < Crash Dummy OS*
  • Windows 11 Pro - Full Cancer for Work (512GB NVMe on DIMM.2_2) < Crash Dummy OS*
    *has ASUS Armory Crate and all the UWP/update filth the Redmond Reprobates vomit onto it

Additional Drives:

• Crucial T700 2TB NVMe - Benchmarks (M.2_1 on mobo by GPU)
  • Crucial T700 2TB NVMe - Game Drive (M.2_2 on mobo by PCIe x16_2)
  • Intel 660P 2TB NVMe - Game Overflow (on PCIe x1 card under GPU)
  • Samsung 840 EV0 1TB SSD - for Macrium Images (SATA)
  • Hitachi 4TB HDD - for Data Files (SATA)
  • ASUS DVD-RW - for Windows 7 install with 6900 XT and whatever uses optical discs (SATA)

All of the OSes, including Linux, are installed on this single-NVMe card first, set aside while the next OS is installed, and then later all are installed in their respective places. This way each OS has its own boot loader and does not rely on a boot loader resident on another volume. Any can be removed at any time without affecting another OS. I then use EasyBCD to the first drive in my BIOS boot priority to "link" all of the other bootable OSes. Linux (GrubEFI) adds all of them automatically, so if I boot the Linux drive I can load any version of Windows or Linux from the Grub Boot menu.

Multi-Boot.jpg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 4

I have 2 laptops and 0 desktops, somethings wrong with this picture. I am wondering if anyone knows when the 5000 series will be out? are we a few years away if so I might jump laptop ship and get a desktop for benchmarking and light gaming was thinking the only card worth buying albeit expensive is the 4090 on nvidias side of things. I would go amd if they had a better version of FSR but hey maybe down the line ill switch to AMD.

and one final question, is windows 7 still active and will I be able to use it for older games, and is it available for free?

And papusan thanks for that northern lights heads up, is that today if so i'll check it out and take pics !!

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 minutes ago, ryan said:

I have 2 laptops and 0 desktops, somethings wrong with this picture. I am wondering if anyone knows when the 5000 series will be out? are we a few years away if so I might jump laptop ship and get a desktop for benchmarking and light gaming was thinking the only card worth buying albeit expensive is the 4090 on nvidias side of things. I would go amd if they had a better version of FSR but hey maybe down the line ill switch to AMD.

and one final question, is windows 7 still active and will I be able to use it for older games, and is it available for free?

And papusan thanks for that northern lights heads up, is that today if so i'll check it out and take pics !!

2025. No cards are really worth it this gen. Snapped up an alienware 3080ti for $500 new which was a sweet deal.

For windows 7 it'll work on anything that doesn't use dx12. Regarding free or not you can just use it with the watermark or an oem activated key.

• Thumb Up 2
ASUS Strix Scar 17
Ryzen 9 7945HX
CB R23: 37202
32GB x2 DDR5 6000 CL34 Hynix A-die
RTX 4090 Laptop (Shunt modded)
Firestrike graphics: 58 334 || Timespy graphics: 27049 ||
Port Royal: 17013 || Steel Nomad DX12: 6639

33 minutes ago, ryan said:

Windows 7 has worked flawlessly for me, in a few cases with modded drivers being required, up to the following points:

• Intel Z690 and AMD X570
  • Intel i225V LAN
  • RTX 3090
  • RX 6900/6950 XT
  • Intel 7265 WiFi

Newer graphics, LAN and WiFi have no working driver support. I don't know what generation Intel HD graphics lost support, but I don't care because I have never used an iGPU for anything.

I am not sure at what point mobile graphics lose support with driver mods.

There is a possibility Z790 might work using the same drivers as Z690. I haven't tested it. There is not only a lack of driver support, but most of the OEMs are moving to the UWP Gonorrhea distribution model, so there are some things that don't work when software is required. (Armory Crate is one example of that. It does not work with older versions of Windows 10 either. Bastards.)

Linux has never been more important than it is now. The mentally handicapped Nazis that have always hated Linux are doing things that will only further its adoption by people who are unwilling to bow down and worship at their altar of filth.

You can use the nowat hack to eliiminate the need for Windows 7 activation. It just removes Windows Activation Technology (thus the name "no wat") from the OS, LOL. Works great.

• Thumb Up 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Windows 7 has worked flawlessly for me, in a few cases with modded drivers being required, up to the following points:

• Intel Z690 and AMD X570
  • Intel i225V LAN
  • RTX 3090
  • RX 6900/6950 XT
  • Intel 7265 WiFi

Newer graphics, LAN and WiFi have no working driver support. I don't know what generation Intel HD graphics lost support, but I don't care because I have never used an iGPU for anything.

I am not sure at what point mobile graphics lose support with driver mods.

There is a possibility Z790 might work using the same drivers as Z690. I haven't tested it. There is not only a lack of driver support, but most of the OEMs are moving to the UWP Gonorrhea distribution model, so there are some things that don't work when software is required. (Armory Crate is one example of that. It does not work with older versions of Windows 10 either. Bastards.)

Linux has never been more important than it is now. The mentally handicapped Nazis that have always hated Linux are doing things that will only further its adoption by people who are unwilling to bow down and worship at their altar of filth.

You can use the nowat hack to eliiminate the need for Windows 7 activation. It just removes Windows Activation Technology (thus the name "no wat") from the OS, LOL. Works great.

AMD X670 also works with windows 7, at least with MSI motherboards 👍

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

ok now im interested in linux, whats it like? is it an actual OS or is it like DOS where you have to put in code that you have to learn through laborious trial and error. ill check out linux once I free up some space, not sure if I can triple boot with just two drives but I heard you can partition a ssd to have two or more OSes on one drive. its not that I don't know its just that I have trust issues.

sorry for all the questions, but is it possible to get chrome os on a modern computer, its mainly for 8 ball pool and for some reason I can't even get bluestacks android 11 to run it

found this

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

14 minutes ago, ryan said:

ok now im interested in linux, whats it like? is it an actual OS or is it like DOS where you have to put in code that you have to learn through laborious trial and error. ill check out linux once I free up some space, not sure if I can triple boot with just two drives but I heard you can partition a ssd to have two or more OSes on one drive. its not that I don't know its just that I have trust issues.

sorry for all the questions, but is it possible to get chrome os on a modern computer, its mainly for 8 ball pool and for some reason I can't even get bluestacks android 11 to run it

found this

Linux can be as easy or as difficult as you want it to be. There are no "right or wrong" distros, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Experiment and have fun. Trying distros is a drug though...you can't stop once you start. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

Downloading Zorin.

Can I install linux to a partition via powerdvd mount? no experience with linux

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, Raiderman said:

AMD X670 also works with windows 7, at least with MSI motherboards 👍

Does your new AMD GPU have Windows 7 functionality? 

55 minutes ago, ryan said:

found this

What is it like?

Show Us Your Linux Desktop  

Linux Gaming Thread

Start with something extra-easy. Zorin OS is probably the best for a Linux newcomer to dip their toe into the water and have an excellent experience. I would start there.

Linux Mint with Cinnamon Desktop also closely resembles Windows appearance and functionality. It is also generally easy to install. Not as easy as Zorin, but also not hard. Many first-time Linux users start here and have a good experience.

If you want something that is easy to use and install that DOES NOT resemble the look and feel of Windows, then the easiest is probably going to be POP!_OS. This OS is developed by System76. The are a Clevo reseller and build custom desktops that ship with their Linux distro. The distro is a rock-solid performer that is stable and reliable. It has to be for them to put their name on it and ship it with their new systems. But, I absolutely hate how the GUI looks. Not only does it look and feel nothing like Windows, the color schemes and wallpaper and what-not are about as ugly as they could get. I know some people like it, but some people liked Windows 8 and some like Windows 11, so I digress.

Edit: 

You post right before I did, @ryan 

7 minutes ago, ryan said:

Downloading Zorin.

Can I install linux to a partition via powerdvd mount? no experience with linux

As you can see, Zorin was my top recommendation. When you run Zorin from USB in try-out mode you will be given the option to install it. When you start the installation it will detect Windows and give you the option to install it along side Windows. It should walk you through how much space you want to give Zorin, etc. It will resize your Windows partition according to the instructions you give it if you choose to install it on the same drive as Windows. It also has built-in NVIDIA and AMD GPU support and hybrid graphics support, so it should work fine for your laptop.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I just downloaded zorin took forever. Now its time to install, although i might do it tomorrow as its a new day im kinda tired and excited to see what its like, nothing like a morning coffee and something new to play with.

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

sup bitches 😁 thought id come up for air a bit from my "daddy leave" haha

i can see our townsquare thread exploded in my absence, good job guys!

enjoying Hyperion whenever i find 5 minutes or so for tinkering / media / gaming. just recently expanded my SSD storage to 24 TB total (for redundancy purposes, thought its finally time to get some backup action going).

also currently parting out and selling off my beloved P751DM Dark Knight on ebay, damn that took me a while to finally get around to it...

next purchase is likely a 2x24GB DDR5-8200 kit, my current 6600 kit has a defective RGB strip on one of the sticks. the new kit would help me avoid any downtime during the warranty process (perfect excuse to upgrade lulz). DDR5 prices have been decreasing incsaaaaanely ever since i got the 6600 kit, crazy stuff!

cheers!

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3
  • Bump 4

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

@jaybee83Oh man back from the dead 🤣. Welcome Back!!

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 2
  • Bump 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)