NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

Gigabyte is known for slapping on some monster size air coolers on some of their cards. I said it before and I'll say it again. While I do not care for their motherboards, their GPUs are solid. Remove the idiot factor of users not using a sag bracket/GPU standoff when your eyes can clearly see monstrous sag with some of these behemoths, and they are very solid.

Agreed. If you have it to spend on LUXURY items (IE, not needed but for personal enjoyment) or can properly budget it without paying any interest, go for it. If you don't, then don't and address your financial priorities/responsibilities.

I refuse to pay interest on anything. If I can't afford it, I don't get it. I even buy my cars outright. A house is a different scenario though but even then....

I thought sticking with the KPE 3090 was the smart move if you're not getting a 4090.

Outside of some scenarios, patience usually provides the optimal rewards. My dad always said, "the more you feel rushed to buy or especially someone rushes you to buy, the more you wait." and I've always used that approach when purchasing anything and it has only failed me a few times in life (IE, something that is clearly an already killer value and I should have just bought it immediately versus waiting).

Funny about the house. We used to own a monster sized two story + basement house w/ a pool and once my daughter grew up and moved, we downsized to a double wide for efficiency and it has provided insane savings across the board versus a house with much less square footage to clean and upkeep and a cozier existence for just the two of us. My wife's parents did the same thing over 20yrs ago. They sold the family home and moved into a very nice double wide.

We have discussed maybe meeting in the middle and getting a small rancher but the ease and convenience can't be beat. Be prepared for much higher costs and upkeep across the board.

Thats really good advice. The double wide we live in now just wasn’t maintained properly is all. It has needed a roof 10+ years ago, so once that goes the rest of the home becomes poorly inefficient and kinda soft and it’s all downhill from there, then you got a wobbly box, and that goes for any home. Maintenance is key. And this place is a bit beyond that. 

But we weighed our options as best as we could from building a house, buying a house already built, or going with a manufactured land/home package. So we went with the 3rd option. We actually just ordered our own custom spec double wide last week 4BR/2BA 1700Sqft. We were set on one main feature and that was having sheet rock interior throughout with real wood trim etc, which really makes it feel like more of a house inside. We purchased 1 acre of land in the middle of no where essentially, which is where our new home will go, it has access to 1Gbit internet which was the main requirement. Complete woods behind me for shooting guns, or even just peeing on a tree, etc 🤣 

I’ll have my own play room like @Mr. Fox does. And maybe down the road I’ll do the two computer thing. 1 for work, 1 for play lol.

• Like 7

13900KF

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I decided to check while I was delidding the SP117 13900KS. Yes, it does have the improved PCB design.

tab.jpg

Nice! Good to know you have a lot less to worry about even if you're using a brace. The reinforced PCB should fix it, and with proper brace use, no worries at all. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

On 2/10/2024 at 12:57 PM, electrosoft said:

Looking forward to your SP117 13900KS results and glad to see you got the new PCB.

I haven't changed any BIOS settings, just delidded and put the IceMan bare die block on. Running Cinebench R23 before with these settings was 102°C. So, now I can apply my profiles from before and tune from there for the better E-Core SP rating. (P-Cores are essentially the same.) Now the temps are...

image.png

On 2/10/2024 at 1:47 PM, Papusan said:

Nice systems bro Fox. But regarding the flow rate.... I expect the chiller run colder.... Aka lower temps will reduce flow rate. Same also if you use different coolant for them. Can you confirm you use exactly same coolant?

Thank you. The system with the chiller runs cooler even without the chiller running because it holds over five gallons and the other system holds less than one gallon. Yes, I use the same automotive antifreeze premix in both systems. I suspect the flow rates are similar in spite of having three more pumps on the chiller setup because it has about four times as much tubing, more fittings, including more than twice as many QDC fittings. All of those things make the pumps work harder and reduce flow rate. But, the flow rate doesn't need to be any higher at around 295-300 L/H. I think the system without the chiller having only two pumps and pushing 280 L/H is really good flow rate for only two pumps.

On 2/10/2024 at 1:47 PM, Papusan said:

Regarding idiot factor. What you in short say.... Idiots buying Gigabyte. Not as easy.... Gigabyte made trash PCB design before this new change. That's the facts. Put up 1000 cards. 50% with Gigabyte and 50% with another brand. The outcome will still show that more Gigabyte cards get cracks due idiot PCB design. Not because only idiots buy Gigabyte😎 Isn't that idiotic?

Same also with FE cards. PCB is designed with same weird shape. Maybe less cards sold (or lower weight in combination with a shorter card) can help Nvidia fix less cracked cards. Or they sell their FE cards to less idiots😆

giphy.gif

Yup, Gigabyte was able to see for themself that their own idiot GPU PCB design pushed away former buyers after they being screwed with cracked cards. Good repair youtube videos floding also helped push Gigabyte in the right direction. A big win win for idiots? Or for Gigabyte? Could be for both 🙂

So, are you saying I am an idiot for buying a Gigabyte GPU, but I just got lucky getting a GPU with the revised PCB? 😉

On 2/10/2024 at 1:48 PM, tps3443 said:

Thats really good advice. The double wide we live in now just wasn’t maintained properly is all. It has needed a roof 10+ years ago, so once that goes the rest of the home becomes poorly inefficient and kinda soft and it’s all downhill from there, then you got a wobbly box, and that goes for any home. Maintenance is key. And this place is a bit beyond that. 

But we weighed our options as best as we could from building a house, buying a house already built, or going with a manufactured land/home package. So we went with the 3rd option. We actually just ordered our own custom spec double wide last week 4BR/2BA 1700Sqft. We were set on one main feature and that was having sheet rock interior throughout with real wood trim etc, which really makes it feel like more of a house inside. We purchased 1 acre of land in the middle of no where essentially, which is where our new home will go, it has access to 1Gbit internet which was the main requirement. Complete woods behind me for shooting guns, or even just peeing on a tree, etc 🤣 

I’ll have my own play room like @Mr. Fox does. And maybe down the road I’ll do the two computer thing. 1 for work, 1 for play lol.

Congratulations. That sounds really nice. I hope your family is blessed with many years of love and happiness in your new home.

I don't know why, but I have three now. I'm using the mean little dwarf for my work PC and have two to play with. Maybe I am just remembering the good old days with a home filled with PCs and sons that loved having frag matches with daddy on the home network. Maybe now that I have three I can convince a couple of them to come over and play sometime.

• Like 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

So, are you saying I am an idiot for buying a Gigabyte GPU, but I just got lucky getting a GPU with the revised PCB? 😉

Then we are two😀 I have had Gigabyte 1070 that went into hardware heaven. But not because of PCB crack. Maybe because it was Gigabyte or my hobby?😆 I even have a Gigabyte board. So this means I has to be an double idiot, LOOL

Regarding flow rate. It will be lower regardless of how cold you run it if you use automotive antifreeze premix. Nothing beat pure water for flow rate. I as well use  antifreeze... But not much in the coolant mix.

• Like 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Thank you for the compliment. No, those are just lines on the bottom of the case that lead to my external cooling system. The pumps, reservoir and 1080 (360x3) radiator are outside of the case. I have passthrough fittings in the empty bottom PCIe slot in the case. Both of my large desktops have the loop designed the same way. The one with the water chiller has a 5 gallon tank reservoir and five D5 pumps. The one in the photo has two D5 pumps. Strangely enough the flow rate is almost the same on both systems.

You can buy it direct from EKWB and usually less than from Titan Rig or Performance-PCS unless you can grab one on sale or a good used one on eBay. https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-pro-manifold-2cpu-4gpu-acet

There is a smaller version with fewer ports, but I prefer the larger one. Even though I do not use all of them, they are available and it allows me to space the fittings further apart (an empty plugged port between each fitting). On the other system I have it mounted to the floor of the case.

1000002840.jpg

I did not know there was an improved version. Thanks for the link. I will check the design when I take it out to install the waterblock. I have no idea which one it has. Either way I am not too worried because I never allow any GPU to hang without support. I'm kind of anal about that because I think it is harmful no matter how the PCB is designed.

I'm either going to get the smaller version, or try hard tubing. I would need the smaller version in order to keep the reservoir/pump in the case. I did some research and they have one that mounts in the place of a 120/140mm fan. I have all the fittings and tubes to switch to hard.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

Cool (pun intended) this arrived early. It wasn't supposed to be here until Monday. So, I guess I know what I am going to be doing either later tonight or tomorrow.

GB4090-Eisblock-GPX.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I haven't changed any BIOS settings, just delidded and put the IceMan bare die block on. Running Cinebench R23 before with these settings was 102°C. So, now I can apply my profiles from before and tune from there for the better E-Core SP rating. (P-Cores are essentially the same.) Now the temps are...

image.png

Thank you. The system with the chiller runs cooler even without the chiller running because it holds over five gallons and the other system holds less than one gallon. Yes, I use the same automotive antifreeze premix in box systems. I suspect the flow rates are similar in spite of having three more pumps on the chiller setup because it has about four times as much tubing, more fittings, including more than twice as many QDC fittings. All of those things make the pumps work harder and reduce flow rate. But, the flow rate doesn't need to be any higher at around 295-300 L/H. I think the system without the chiller having only two pumps and pushing 280 L/H is really good flow rate for only two pumps.

Congratulations. That sounds really nice. I hope your family is blessed with many years of love and happiness in your new home.

I don't know why, but I have three now. I'm using the mean little dwarf for my work PC and have two to play with. Maybe I am just remembering the good old days with a home filled with PCs and sons that loved having frag matches with daddy on the home network. Maybe now that I have three I can convince a couple of them to come over and play sometime.

Thank you! And I hope the same for you and yours, and of course all the kind souls on here too. I’m looking forward to home ownership though. Anyways, I’m a little jealous over that waterblock. I’ll order one next, once I secure a different 4080 Super. 

@Talon I finally subscribed and paid the $5.00 USD to that PureDark modder guy. I’m actually playing the new Pandora game right now completely maxed out with DLSS3 mod and FG enabled. How cool this is to finally be able to use such tech! I went from 4K@57 fps, to 4K@83 fps. 

THIS GAME IS BEAUTIFUL! I was able to play for free with my Ubisoft subscription, they also have Skull N’ Bones beta available to play as well. Maybe worth a look. 

IMG-3446.jpg

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

13900KF

33 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

Thank you! And I hope the same for you and yours, and of course all the kind souls on here too. I’m looking forward to home ownership though. Anyways, I’m a little jealous over that waterblock. I’ll order one next, once I secure a different 4080 Super. 

@Talon I finally subscribed and paid the $5.00 USD to that PureDark modder guy. I’m actually playing the new Pandora game right now completely maxed out with DLSS3 mod and FG enabled. How cool this is to finally be able to use such tech! I went from 4K@57 fps, to 4K@83 fps. 

THIS GAME IS BEAUTIFUL! I was able to play for free with my Ubisoft subscription, they also have Skull N’ Bones beta available to play as well. Maybe worth a look. 

IMG-3446.jpg

Hey I also use the Ubisoft subscription! I like being able to try out new games, and no have to buy an entire game. If I end up loving a game I buy it on Steam. 

That game looks great when you mod in DLSS and use the FSR3 Frame Gen. FSR does look pretty good in that game, but DLSS is still just so much cleaner. 

Have you tried the hidden "Unobtanium" settings? That brings even my 4090 to it's knees. 

https://overclock3d.net/news/software/how-to-enable-avatar-frontiers-of-pandoras-secret-unobtanium-graphics-preset/#:~:text=How to enable “Unobtanium” settings,without quotes) and hit save.

• Thumb Up 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

13 minutes ago, Talon said:

Hey I also use the Ubisoft subscription! I like being able to try out new games, and no have to buy an entire game. If I end up loving a game I buy it on Steam. 

That game looks great when you mod in DLSS and use the FSR3 Frame Gen. FSR does look pretty good in that game, but DLSS is still just so much cleaner. 

Have you tried the hidden "Unobtanium" settings? That brings even my 4090 to it's knees. 

https://overclock3d.net/news/software/how-to-enable-avatar-frontiers-of-pandoras-secret-unobtanium-graphics-preset/#:~:text=How to enable “Unobtanium” settings,without quotes) and hit save.

Game is pure gorgeous! I was not expecting much but I’m giving it a chance. Yeah my 4080S probably can’t handle the Unobtanium setting, but I have not tried it yet either. 

What’s your 4090 frame rate like at 4K Unobtanium and DLSS3+FG?

• Like 1

13900KF

10 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Looking forward to your SP117 13900KS results and glad to see you got the new PCB.

OK, did some more tuning. This is very good for a system with no chiller. With this SP117 I am able to run this with no thermal throttling. Delid and bare die helped tremendously. The SP117 did not behave as well as I had hoped before going bare die. After I get the Gigabyte 4090 blocked I will move the chiller over to this system and see how it does. Maybe can do 6.2GHz P-core and 4.9 or 5.0GHz on E-core with chilled water.

Sov5t4N.jpg

I like the IceMan CPU and direct touch memory block a lot. Very well made products.

Ix0UcUY.jpeg

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

OK, did some more tuning. This is very good for a system with no chiller. With this SP117 I am able to run this with no thermal throttling. Delid and bare die helped tremendously. The SP117 did not behave as well as I had hoped before going bare die. After I get the Gigabyte 4090 blocked I will move the chiller over to this system and see how it does. Maybe can do 6.2GHz P-core and 4.9 or 5.0GHz on E-core with chilled water.

Sov5t4N.jpg

I think delid and direct die offers a larger improvement than a stock soldered chip on a chiller. Having both is definitely ideal though lol. 

Looking good though man! I haven’t delidded mine yet. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

13900KF

5 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I think delid and direct die offers a larger improvement than a stock soldered chip on a chiller. Having both is definitely ideal though lol. 

Looking good though man! I haven’t delidded mine yet. 

Thanks. Yes, 1.390V for 60x all P-core synced and Cinebench R23 stable is very good on ambient water. My ambient temperature is 74°F right now and I have a 1.5°C delta between the ambient temperatuer and the water temperature.

The BIOS is showing I can raise the E-cores to 50x all core synced before the current voltage value is too low. I don't know if they will be stable at 50x synced, but I will try that when I get around to hooking it up to the chiller.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Thanks. Yes, 1.390V for 60x all P-core synced and Cinebench R23 stable is very good on ambient water. My ambient temperature is 74°F right now and I have a 1.5°C delta between the ambient temperatuer and the water temperature.

The BIOS is showing I can raise the E-cores to 50x all core synced before the current voltage value is too low. I don't know if they will be stable at 50x synced, but I will try that when I get around to hooking it up to the chiller.

That 4090 Gaming OC looks amazing. I like how thick the cooler is on that model. I also like how the heat sink looks it is very clean/exposed the whole length of the GPU. It looks awesome. 

How is the IMC? Have you tried tightening the timings some? The 13900KS IMC’s are better on average I think than 14th gen, so I bet you could probably run a really nice 8600c38-50-50-50 no problem. 

Also, are you running different diameter tubes on the ek manifold or am I seeing things?

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

• Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

2 hours ago, tps3443 said:

That 4090 Gaming OC looks amazing. I like how thick the cooler is on that model. I also like how the heat sink looks it is very clean/exposed the whole length of the GPU. It looks awesome. 

How is the IMC? Have you tried tightening the timings some? The 13900KS IMC’s are better on average I think than 14th gen, so I bet you could probably run a really nice 8600c38-50-50-50 no problem. 

Also, are you running different diameter tubes on the ek manifold or am I seeing things?

Thank you. I agree. It does look fantastic, and it runs very cool with that massive heatsink.

IMC is really solid, but I haven't taken time to tune the memory further. My MCSP is higher than the 13900KS in the white Apex, so I suspect I can.

Yes, the GPU and RAM have smaller tubing diameter on this system. The RAM is deliberate and that way on both systems as I want more water flow to other things like CPU and GPU. The GPU is that way only because I ran out of larger tubing and haven't purchased any more.

The Alphacool Eisenblock is super nice. Nicer than the Bykski GPU blocks, and heavier. It was super easy to assemble. Now it is time for bed. It's 2:47 AM, LOL. But, the work is done. CPU delidded and GPU blocked. 

Rj6GXdn.jpg 
VRm7Zs7.jpg
Bi4pjzK.jpg
a0LE5zH.jpg
Cqw1TXi.jpg
8tJ2Nv2.jpg
RabBeRl.jpg
oibvj9C.jpg

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

44 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Thank you. I agree. It does look fantastic, and it runs very cool with that massive heatsink.

IMC is really solid, but I haven't taken time to tune the memory further. My MCSP is higher than the 13900KS in the white Apex, so I suspect I can.

Yes, the GPU and RAM have smaller tubing diameter on this system. The RAM is deliberate and that way on both systems as I want more water flow to other things like CPU and GPU. The GPU is that way only because I ran out of larger tubing and haven't purchased any more.

The Alphacool Eisenblock is super nice. Nicer than the Bykski GPU blocks, and heavier. It was super easy to assemble. Now it is time for bed. It's 2:47 AM, LOL. But, the work is done. CPU delidded and GPU blocked. 

Rj6GXdn.jpg 
VRm7Zs7.jpg
Bi4pjzK.jpg
a0LE5zH.jpg
Cqw1TXi.jpg
8tJ2Nv2.jpg
RabBeRl.jpg
oibvj9C.jpg

Looking very good bro Fox. You have nice systems. You are well covered up with PC's now. If one fail just jump right on the next🙂 No waiting time if something goes wrong.

Just sad we can't run Windows 7 with newest Nvidia graphics cards 😞

https://hwbot.org/submission/5478986_papusan_3dmark___sky_diver_geforce_gtx_970_51917_marks?recalculate=true

3093389.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/5478984_papusan_3dmark___cloud_gate_geforce_gtx_970_69347_marks?recalculate=true

3093388.jpg

Not bad for the day 🙂

not.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

6 hours ago, Papusan said:

Looking very good bro Fox. You have nice systems. You are well covered up with PC's now. If one fail just jump right on the next🙂 No waiting time if something goes wrong.

Just sad we can't run Windows 7 with newest Nvidia graphics cards 😞

Thank you. 

Yeah, that really sucks. We can have or do anything we want as long as it is what our icky dick taters want for us.

• Thumb Up 2

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Thank you. 

Yeah, that really sucks. We can have or do anything we want as long as it is what our icky dick taters want for us.

Microsoft bragging about new features. Of course they don't want to mention their older OS. Can't do that. Because they want you on the new and buggy. 

Microsoft released Sudo for Windows recently to Insiders on the Windows 11 Dev and Canary channels. While the feature is supposed to work on 11, users have figured out it runs on Windows 10 and 7 too.

If I got a used 4090 for $1200 here home I have called it a fraud or scam. 

I wonder how many 4090's Cablemod need to send to repair. Only 2 weeks from now and people won't get money back for their fried 4090's. But one thing will they get.... No more warranty for their graphics cards. It's called payback time. Probably not what they hoped for.

• Thumb Up 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

I wonder how many 4090's Cablemod need to send to repair. Only 2 weeks from now and people won't get money back for their fried 4090's. But one thing will they get.... No more warranty for their graphics cards. It's called payback time. Probably not what they hoped for.

I submitted my refund request for the recall. It felt strange breaking it and taking a photo, but that is easier and better than having to mail it back to them.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 5:21 PM, Mr. Fox said:

I submitted my refund request for the recall. It felt strange breaking it and taking a photo, but that is easier and better than having to mail it back to them.

Yup, the only way but as you can see.... Some doesn't agree. Hmmm 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/11/2024 at 5:55 PM, Papusan said:

Yup, the only way but as you can see.... Some doesn't agree. Hmmm 

Some people will always find a reason to complain. Maybe they would prefer a melted GPU power socket.

bUKWbd0.gif

5CfihzD.jpg

Even if I never had a problem it would suck having to worry about it. Not needing to think about it would be better.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Today's letters has to be S-L-I-M-Y. And slimy is often associated with green... Hmmm. What color have nvidia in their logo? Slimy green? Like hand in glove.

• Thumb Up 2

10 hours ago, Papusan said:

Microsoft bragging about new features. Of course they don't want to mention their older OS. Can't do that. Because they want you on the new and buggy. 

Microsoft released Sudo for Windows recently to Insiders on the Windows 11 Dev and Canary channels. While the feature is supposed to work on 11, users have figured out it runs on Windows 10 and 7 too.

If I got a used 4090 for $1200 here home I have called it a fraud or scam. 

individual cases i wouldnt find suspicious, theres always the odd user who needs cash fast and thus sells off items below value. but if those keep popping up left and right id be cautious!

• Thumb Up 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

If anyone sees any 4080 Supers GPU’s in stock please let me know! I’m ready to grab another, but they are all being scalped and all are out of stock.  It’s really crazy that used 4090 prices are down on eBay, while new 4080 Super prices are driving upwards. 

Anyways, I need to buy a new one before I can send back my old one. If you all see any let me know. 😃

I am looking for:

4080S Aorus Master

4080S Suprim-X

4080S Strix OC

4080S Strix White OC

4080S Aero OC White

4080S ZOTAC Airo OC

I’d take either of these models. 

• Thumb Up 2

13900KF

30 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

If anyone sees any 4080 Supers GPU’s in stock please let me know! I’m ready to grab another, but they are all being scalped and all are out of stock.  It’s really crazy that used 4090 prices are down on eBay, while new 4080 Super prices are driving upwards. 

Anyways, I need to buy a new one before I can send back my old one. If you all see any let me know. 😃

I am looking for:

4080S Aorus Master

4080S Suprim-X

4080S Strix OC

4080S Strix White OC

4080S Aero OC White

4080S ZOTAC Airo OC

I’d take either of these models. 

Maybe after the Chinese New Year has passed and people go back to work over there stock will become available.

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/rtx4080super/

Bear in mind, the Strix GPUs are almost always grossly overpriced and they add insult to injury with the fact that things are hit or miss in terms of core and memory bin quality. Plus, ALL of the ASUS GPUs have an oddball proprietary 12VHPWR cable that is made upside-down compared to all other brands. You'll have to use the ugly 8-pin adapter or have an ATX 3.0 PSU cable that supports the stupid ASUS orientation. A different brand is a better option here for multiple reasons. ASUS is near the bottom of the list for me when it comes to GPUs. If I were going to compromise on the 12VHPWR cable, the TUF is the only one that is not grossly overpriced, and it usually overclocks as well as a Strix.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1