NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

36 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Lots of broken trash thanks to the broken idiots "giving it to us". The problem is much bigger than tech hardware turning to feces. That is just a symptom of the deeper problem.

It will like this when idiots accept "buying" all sorts of trash. You have to put a lot of the blame for all this on the "consumers". If you dont need it... Dont buy it. Only buy what you absolutely need. Not what you want.  Awesome is in minority nowadays. Buying less of broken junk will force them to stop make it. If none buy it, they will go bankruptcy. 

@ryan A very good post you had above. Spot on. Thanks

I can't even put the cursor where I want it in the reply or posts with this new Android phone. Random behavior. Neither can I easily mark words. Sad.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

I can't even put the cursor where I want it in the reply or posts with this new Android phone. Random behavior. Neither can I easily mark words. Sad.

Sometimes changing the web browser to "desktop view" can help with that, but everything becomes smaller and harder to see. You can pinch zoom to enlage text so it is readable. If I go to HWBOT Forum I cannot even log in with mobile view. There is no option available for my credentials to be entered and nothing on the menu to select for signin unless I switch to desktop view.

I think a lot of this is more an issue with Chrome being dumbed down for mobile than it is the Android OS. The Alphabet company is run by monkeys and they produce things for zombie monkeys that are even dumber than they are. Everything revolves around their empire of trash.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Sometimes changing the web browser to "desktop view" can help with that, but everything becomes smaller and harder to see. You can pinch zoom to enlage text so it is readable. If I go to HWBOT Forum I cannot even log in with mobile view. There is no option available for my credentials to be entered and nothing on the menu to select for signin unless I switch to desktop view.

I think a lot of this is more an issue with Chrome being dumbed down for mobile than it is the Android OS. The Alphabet company is run by monkeys and they produce things for zombie monkeys that are even dumber than they are. Everything revolves around their empire of trash.

You are correct bro Fox. Everything is dumbed down.

Yup, often need use desktop mode. But this messed up Android aka Google or Chrome OS mess is awful. I miss my 6 years old iPhone. But sadly its too expensive to fix. I can use it home but not here in the brigt and sunny days. The screen on my old phone is nearly destroyed with white line and the battery is almost dead. iPhone os have weird engineering OS design flaws but this new Android trash is worse. I needed a working screen hence I needed a new phone for this summer vacation. 

And as you understand. This one is 6 years newer. Better? No in hell. This new phone and OS follow the trend. Also Chrome as browser being more and more broken for each new update. I wonder where they get all the bad design/UI ideas from. Everything is messed up nowadays. 

• Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

21 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I wonder where they get all the bad design/UI ideas from.

Simple. They're just really extra stupid people. And, we get their poop splattered on us. In some cases they fling it on us.

I don't have too many issue with Android, but it is like Windows and Mac OS. It gets uglier and loses functionality and has more restrictions with each update And, it is because the people designing software are idiots. No other explanation for it. On top of that they have morbidly disgusting taste when it comes to the aesthetic atrocities they implement.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Simple. They're just really extra stupid people. And, we get their poop splattered on us. In some cases they fling it on us.

Ill buy a new iPhone this fall and have it covered with screen warranty. I always have my phones 6 year+. I buy the biggest screen and battery I can. I dont use much of Crapples eco system. But want a functional phone for my needs. This one will go into the used market once the new models is out. I have now tested both worlds. I hate Apple but their phones is working almost the way I want. Of course with idiotic ideas but Alpha-idiots seemd more like monkeys compared. Almost as a choice between plague and cholera.

19 hours ago, Papusan said:

Ill buy a new iPhone this fall and have it covered with screen warranty. I always have my phones 6 year+. I buy the biggest screen and battery I can. I dont use much of Crapples eco system. But want a functional phone for my needs. This one will go into the used market once the new models is out. I have now tested both worlds. I hate Apple but their phones is working almost the way I want. Of course with idiotic ideas but Alpha-idiots seem more like monkey compared.

Hopefully you won't find the newer version of iOS worse than what you were used to, like Winduhz 11 versus Windoze 10.

I was an iPhone user (not by choice, but a decision of my employer) and used it side-by-side with my Android-based personal phones for more than a decade and I could never identify even one thing I liked more about the iPhone more than my Android phone. I despised everything about it. But, it was a valuable experience because it validated all of the contempt I held for it. My hate for iPhone would have been baseless bias had I not been using it as much or more than Android.

To a certain degree this merely comes down to what you are used to and comfortable with due to familiarity. It took me about 6 months of forced use of iOS to become aware of how things worked differently than Android. I never liked it, but it took some time to understand how it differed. The familiarity minimized the frustration even though I never found iOS an endearing product.

Same is true of Linux versus Windows. The more I use Linux, the more comfortable I have become with what is different. The difference is, I like Linux the more I use it. The opposite was true of iOS.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Hopefully you won't find the newer version of iOS worse than what you were used to, like Winduhz 11 versus Windoze 10.

I was an iPhone user (not by choice, but a decision of my employer) and used it side-by-side with my Android-based person phones for more than a decade and I could never identify even one thing I liked more about the iPhone more than my Android phone. I despised everything about it. But, it was a valuable experience because it validated all of the contempt I held for it. My hate for iPhone would have been baseless bias had I not been using it as much or more than Android.

As I said. Have now been in both camps. Can't be any worse than this messed up mess. And I think Android as os will be more broken and messed up over tine. I give it 1/2 point of 10. Or can I give Zero or minus points?

And I was smart.... I didn't buy the most expensive model. Only so I could have a phone this vacation. And I didn't want spend full price on an older iPhone a couple of months before they push out new models. Not happy with the new.... i can more easy sell a new model for what I spend. Worse with an older model once the new is out.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Papusan said:

As I said. Have now been in both camps. Can't be any worse than this messed up mess. And I think Android as os will be more broken and messed up. I give it 1/2 point of 10. Or can I give Zero or minus points?

What kind of Android phone are you using? I ask because some have a different OS than others. My least acceptable Android phones have been Samsung. My best have been OnePlus and Pixel, simply because they are more true Android without screwed up customizations and fewer restrictions and lockdowns. I have always hated Samsung's version of Android. I have owned several Samsung phones and never liked any of them because of their OS modifications.

To be clear though, I hate ALL smartphones and tablets. iOS or Android. Both suck. Most of the time I avoid using a phone for things other than phone calls. I mostly use my phone when sitting on the toilet, LOL. I don't even use if for text if I can avoid it. I use Google Messages on my Windows desktop for texting so I can avoid using the small screen and touch UI.

I think my next one will be a de-Googled Linux phone. It will still be cursed with a disgusting touch interface, which will ultimately make it detestable.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

What kind of Android phone are you using? I ask because some have a different OS than others. My least acceptable Android phones have been Samsung. My best have been OnePlus and Pixel, simply because they are more true Android without screwed up customizations and fewer restrictions and lockdowns. I have always hated Samsung's version of Android. I have owned several Samsung phones and never liked any of them because of their OS modifications.

To be clear though, I hate ALL smartphones and tablets. iOS or Android. Both suck. Most of the time I avoid using a phone for things other than phone calls. I mostly use my phone when sitting on the toilet, LOL. I don't even use if for text if I can avoid it. I use Google Messages on my Windows desktop for texting so I can avoid using the small screen and touch UI.

I think my next one will be a de-Googled Linux phone. It will still be cursed with a disgusting touch interface, which will ultimately make it detestable.

I always try to avoid Samsung. Have tested higher end Samsung phones before and wasnt impressed. Went with an medium priced Motorola. This because I didn't know what to expect with Android. Probably better Android phones out there but I didn't want spend much on tech I dont know will fit me and my needs. And needed something for the summer vacation.

I sit outside here and there under vacation here. And I have a tablet but prefer a phone.  Same also when i m home walking with my dog out in the nature. Easy pick up the phone for videos, forums, email and the web while the dog doing its things. A tablet is more useful inside the bungalow. But I still prefer an good phone in there as well.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I always try to avoid Samsung. Have tested higher end Samsung phones before and wasnt impressed. Went with an medium priced Motorola. This because I didn't know what to expect with Android. Probably better Android phones out there but I didn't want spend much on tech I dont know will fit me and my needs. And needed something for the summer vacation.

I sit outside here and there under vacation here. And I have a tablet but prefer a phone.  Same also when i m home walking with my dog out in the nature. Easy pick up the phone for videos, forums, email and the web while the dog doing its things. A tablet is more useful inside the bungalow. But I still prefer an good phone in there as well.

As usual, your logic is very intelligent. I think it is always good to spend as little as possible on trash like smartphones and tablets. Even if you are pleased with it for the most part, it is a disposable piece of garbage. The expensives ones cost a lot more and do not offer a lot more in return for the higher price tag. To pay extra for a name and a bunch of gimmicks isn't very smart, even though it is called a smartphone. 🤣 My last couple of phones have been purchased as refurbished on Amazon for considerably less, and they looked and functioned the same as new.

I am starting to get excited about the idea of going backwards on PC hardware. I can hardly wait for my X79 parts to arrive. Also, the idea of grabbing $2000+ Titan GPUs for under $200 makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2024 at 12:35 PM, electrosoft said:

I watched this last night and found it really interesting. I do wonder if there is any correlation between the SA Bug and the overall failure rates of CPUs long term considering these data centers are targeting lower power profiles as they don't need screaming edge performance.

In the end, I think we're going to find Intel pushed these chips too hard for their fab and power/heat levels in an attempt to stay with and/or beat AMD. SA Bug is just icing on the cake.

Who cares. put extended warranty on cpu and  lets go.....

IMG_20240713_072321084.jpg?ex=6693b53c&is=669263bc&hm=62efd8ac61cbae7fb5a18a26270c7b3e4b86c89acdac647255ed4781ff782c3e&=

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3
  • Bump 2

9 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Welcome to Team Red! That is a really solid build and the 7900 GRE to me is the ultimate sweet spot for AMD 7000 series cards this series similar to the 4070 Super for price:performance except even better. 7800X3D and tuned up 6000 G2 will have you performing nicely!

7800X3D is definitely faster than the 12900KS and you will need a nicely tuned 13900k/14900k running 8000+ to give a 7800X3D a run for its money.

I love laptops but for my main gaming rig it has to be a desktop. Last time I was laptop only was when I ran a P870DM w/ 980 desktop class GPU. Then the 1080ti dropped and I ended up going back to desktops for my main rig.

Yeah I looked at a few 7900 options and this one stood out as it was essentially the same performance level as the 4090 mobile which I have used but just more consistent. I was also looking at the Asus 4080 Super with Noctua cooling but it seemed more expensive and harder to find.

I was able to get my Cosair kit to work at 6000 30-39-39-79 based on what HWInfo64 says its XMP profile would have supported at 6000 speed. It seems stable as they only issue I had was initially turning on XMP at 6400 which I guess does not work with the AMD chips.

The hard part about this will be detoxing myself from thinking I need a high end laptop for gaming. I will have to be content with mid-grade performance with reduced settings as the high end stuff is just too noisy and hot with they way they are building them these days. Not to mention things just being locked down left and right. I thought I could get around that with an open source bios but there are still things I simply cannot configure because Nvidia or Intel has an NDA on low level specification documents.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 4

Desktop - Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR5-6000 C32, 2TB WD SN850, XFX 7900 GRE, 27 inch QHD, Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Clevo X170SM - 10900K, 32GB DDR4-2933 CL17, 4TB WD SN850X, RTX 3080 mobile, 17.3 inch FHD 144hz, System76 open source firmware, Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Clevo X370SNW - 13900HX, 32GB DDR5-5600 CL40, 4TB Samsung 990 Pro, RTX 4090 mobile, 17.3 inch FHD 144hz, System76 open source firmware, Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Lenovo Thinkpad P16 G2 - 13950HX, 64GB DDR5-4000 CL32, 2TB Kioxia SSD, RTX 4090 mobile 130W, 16 inch FHD+ 60hz, Windows 10 Pro 22H2

MSI Raider 18 A7V - 7945HX3D, 32GB DDR5-5200, 1TB PM9A1, RTX 4090 mobile 175W, 18 inch QHD+ 240hz, Windows 10 Pro 22H2

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

As usual, your logic is very intelligent.

Thanks bro Fox. Its for a reason I also have followed all your posts the last +decade. Some have same minds. And same thinking. Almost as twins. Can't be better than that 🙂

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1

2 hours ago, win32asmguy said:

The hard part about this will be detoxing myself from thinking I need a high end laptop for gaming.

Welcome into the light, brother. It took me less than a week to stop caring about "high performance" laptops once I exorcized that filth from my life. And, things are much filthier now than they were then. I suspect you are going to be much happier now. Life is better without turdbooks. I am healed enough now that I can no longer identify with the concept of "high performance" laptop. There is no such thing. An oxymoron.

• Thumb Up 4

More backlash for Intel. It will be hard try escape from all this. Only a fix or a class suite.

And be you sure.  This will be a huge topic forwards. Much more will pop up the coming weeks. Intel have a limited time line for fixing this now. The longer they wait telling whats going on the worse it will be.  Developers and companies have much more power than the average consumer. Good luck, Intel. No new cpu Sku should be launched before this being fixed!

Intel's 14th Gen & 13th Gen CPUs Start Plaguing The Gaming Industry With Frequent Crashes & Instable Performance, Warframe Creators Share Their Findings

https://wccftech.com/warframe-intel-14th-13th-gen-cpus-responsible-for-instability-issues/

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Papusan said:

More backlash for Intel. It will be hard try escape from this. Only a fix or a class suite.

And be you sure.  This will be a huge topic forwards. Much more will pop up the coming weeks. Intel hav a limited time line fixing this. 

https://wccftech.com/warframe-intel-14th-13th-gen-cpus-responsible-for-instability-issues/

Never send a baby core to do a daddy core job. And, chiplets suck. Monolith is the only "good" and "right way" to make a CPU, with all cores the same.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Never send a baby core to do a daddy core job. And, chiplets suck. Monolith is the only "good" and "right way" to make a CPU, with all cores the same.

As I pointed out in my post. Intel should not release or launch their new cpu SKUs before they have fixed 13/14th gen. If they dont they will lose a lot money/reputation. Not only consumers will remember this... Corporate and development Teams wont forget.

Not only will we get baby cores... No more HT. And glued mess with lots of tiles on the single substrate. Only fantastic performance can save them now. I really hope the elite and choosen ones got the best silicon they can make for their LN2 results.

But what do I know.... Maybe the next big in benches will be single core benchmarks. Ping up the Creator of Geekbench and let me put max focus on single core results. Just feed them with a load of cash.

UI/Futuremark don't bother anymore. They prefer please Microsoft (to hide whats going on with cpu cycles).

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

2 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Not only will we get baby cores... A glued mess with lots of times.

Not for me. I am not upgrading. AMD offers nothing that interests me and now Intel has lost my interest. I'm keeping what I have now and buying cheap old tech.

Maybe AI will inform the leaders of AMD, Intel and NVIDIA what they should do next. No need to be smart, just ask AI.

I could tell them all what they should do, but it wouldn't be a nice suggestion. Nasty words. They would be offended. Plus, I just don't play nice with stupid people. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chew said:

Who cares. put extended warranty on cpu and  lets go.....

IMG_20240713_072321084.jpg?ex=6693b53c&is=669263bc&hm=62efd8ac61cbae7fb5a18a26270c7b3e4b86c89acdac647255ed4781ff782c3e&=

Nice! Bodes well for my incoming Z790I Lightning....thanks for this bro.

Let me know if you found any idiosyncrasies with the Z790I Lightning vs other Z790 boards you tested or was it "business as usual" 🙂

2 hours ago, win32asmguy said:

Yeah I looked at a few 7900 options and this one stood out as it was essentially the same performance level as the 4090 mobile which I have used but just more consistent. I was also looking at the Asus 4080 Super with Noctua cooling but it seemed more expensive and harder to find.

I was able to get my Cosair kit to work at 6000 30-39-39-79 based on what HWInfo64 says its XMP profile would have supported at 6000 speed. It seems stable as they only issue I had was initially turning on XMP at 6400 which I guess does not work with the AMD chips.

The hard part about this will be detoxing myself from thinking I need a high end laptop for gaming. I will have to be content with mid-grade performance with reduced settings as the high end stuff is just too noisy and hot with they way they are building them these days. Not to mention things just being locked down left and right. I thought I could get around that with an open source bios but there are still things I simply cannot configure because Nvidia or Intel has an NDA on low level specification documents.

6400 in sync will require a decent chip with a really good IMC. I just dialed in 6000 (aka the sweet spot) for D2D and I'm good to go. I'm running 28-35-35-48 on 2x32GB A-die so I know you have room most likely to dial them in even more.

Only a few times did I run a laptop as my main. I can't imagine not having a desktop. Once you get used to the flexibility of a desktop and enhanced cooling along with quieter thermals while gaming there's no looking back. Outside of benching/gaming, my desktop is whisper quiet.

But with that being said, when I'm on the go I do like decent power. Not outlandish, but decent. I think that's why I'm taking another crack at an SFF to take with me that is even lighter and more portable with a super lightweight 18-23" display and wireless KB/M. The Cougar and Hyte were just too big and bulky even without anything in them for my ideal goal. This S450 is going to be a fun challange with the 14900K SP109 in it.

14 minutes ago, Papusan said:

More backlash for Intel. It will be hard try escape from all this. Only a fix or a class suite.

And be you sure.  This will be a huge topic forwards. Much more will pop up the coming weeks. Intel have a limited time line for fixing this now. The longer they wait telling whats going on the worse it will be.  Developers and companies have much more power than the average consumer. Good luck, Intel.

Intel's 14th Gen & 13th Gen CPUs Start Plaguing The Gaming Industry With Frequent Crashes & Instable Performance, Warframe Creators Share Their Findings

8 minutes ago, Papusan said:

As I pointed out in my post. Intel should not release or launch their new cpu SKUs before they have fixed 13/14th gen. If they dont they will lose a lot money/reputation. Not only consumers will remember this... Corporate and development Teams wont forget.

Not only will we get baby cores... No more HT. And glued mess with lots of tiles on the single substrate. Only fantastic performance can save them now. I really hope the elite and choose ones got the Best silicon they can make for LN2 results.

The big hit will be those companies that lose faith and jump ship to AMD. It is hard to win back companies once they migrate to a new infrastructure as some have started to do.

Intel had their last hurrah stretching Skylake all the way through 10th gen (which had its own issues) then 11th gen Frankenchip that regressed a bit. 12th gen was a rebirth for Intel as they took the lead across the board and the chips generally worked very well and then they pulled a super 10th gen oooopsie and pushed the architecture to hard and here we are now with 13th and 14th gen having issues.

With that being stated, I ran my 13900ks for several months as my main desktop and had zero problems with it. I even lugged it around a bit in a SFF and it provided nothing but top notch performance so as always YMMV and most of us are more detail oriented than others when it comes to hardware but still it is clearly a problem....

Maybe AL will surprise us all and bring the high heat both ST and MT. I'm still holding out a dash of hope.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

Even my CPU with the "SA bug" works great. It's interesting that the primary people with "broken" Raptor Lake CPUs seem to be gamers. I bet a lot of them attend the Church of Aggressive Undervolting and like to use TVB because tuning computers to work right is just too hard for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Even my CPU with the "SA bug" works great. It's interesting that the primary people with "broken" Raptor Lake CPUs seem to be gamers. I bet a lot of them attend the Church of Aggressive Undervolting and like to use TVB because tuning computers to work right is just too hard for them.

Then you have the development running stock. Something is wrong. Most likely defective chips. And Intels binning.... We have been on this topic before. Pieces coming together.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Papusan said:

Then you have the development running stock. Something is wrong. Most likely defective chips.

I don't doubt that some of them, maybe a lot of them, drew big time losers tickets in the silicon lottery. Many may not even be aware that they did.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Nice! Bodes well for my incoming Z790I Lightning....thanks for this bro.

Let me know if you found any idiosyncrasies with the Z790I Lightning vs other Z790 boards you tested or was it "business as usual" 🙂

6400 in sync will require a decent chip with a really good IMC. I just dialed in 6000 (aka the sweet spot) for D2D and I'm good to go. I'm running 28-35-35-48 on 2x32GB A-die so I know you have room most likely to dial them in even more.

I heard from grapevine it's not fond of sub zero. Also heard not fond of A. I'll pretend like i heard nothing and just do what i do though. Find a way.

Know nothing yet this is vendor memory test 1......load xmp and go. See what happens when we go full manual.

there's 6600 capable and 2233 capable chips out there. I have the cpu's on hand to prove it and they aren't "samples"

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I don't doubt that some of them, maybe a lot of them, drew big time losers tickets in the silicon lottery. Many may not even be aware that they did.

Fuse in correct v/f curve and correct voltage with all the variety of broken silicon in same SKUs series can't be easy. Blame themselves. +50% of silicon should have been downgraded. 50% should have gone from i9 down to i7 chips.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Fuse in correct v/f curve and correct voltage with all the variety of broken silicon can't be easy. 

All they need to do is pray to their AI god for help. That will fix everything for them. Just ask Jensen.

• Sad 1