NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

22 minutes ago, ryan said:

I tried the nexus mod. Works well aka looks good, as for gains it's decent. I can't run black myth at 4k unless I use like 25 percent scaling, I guess it's mainly for the heavy hitters and their 4090s. I can't see a 4070 or 4060 running this game even at 1440p unless everything is turned off.. either way I will say it's a better benchmark than steel nomad

You do not have to have a 4090 to enjoy this game. Honestly, just a 4060 would put you into DLSS3 with real FG, that alone is nice feature. Native 1080P then with DLSS+FG on top, and any modern RTX4000 series can handle that game really well. It was the main reason why I got rid of my 3090 Kingpin. And I have to give it to Nvidia, the new features really are worth it. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

13900KF

27 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

You do not have to have a 4090 to enjoy this game. Honestly, just a 4060 would put you into DLSS3 with real FG, that alone is nice feature. Native 1080P then with DLSS+FG on top, and any modern RTX4000 series can handle that game really well. It was the main reason why I got rid of my 3090 Kingpin. And I have to give it to Nvidia, the new features really are worth it. 

This is why I would love to get a 4000 series card, FG is so helpful even if it means simply swapping my 3080 for a 4070 (though I think a 4080S would be good enough for most things for me).

Well, also for extra vRAM

And for AV1 encoding

And for better x264 encoding

And for *trails on*

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

I have a desktop now!

i5-13600K @ 5.2GHz || ASUS Strix Z690-F || RTX 3080 FE 10GB (+175MHz/+1100MHz daily driver) || 32GB 6000MHz 38-38-38-77 || AK620 CPU cooler || XV272U V 1440p 170Hz || Fractal Design Pop Air || WD Black SN850X 2TB

heres my 3060 with fg on and 4k native resolution all low settings..im going to have to respectfully disagree...37fps isnt exactly playable these days especially with FG on.

Screenshot-50.png

quick Q.

whats the difference between the modded FG and  native? i dont notice it affecting IQ either way just slightly higher fps

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

14 minutes ago, ryan said:

heres my 3060 with fg on and 4k native resolution all low settings..im going to have to respectfully disagree...37fps isnt exactly playable these days especially with FG on.

Screenshot-50.png

quick Q.

whats the difference between the modded FG and  native? i dont notice it affecting IQ either way just slightly higher fps

If you're talking about the mod I mentioned before, the point is to use DLSS as the upscaler while using frame gen on sub-4000 series nvidia cards. Because DLSS visually is a better upscaler.

The difference shouldn't be anything much

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a desktop now!

i5-13600K @ 5.2GHz || ASUS Strix Z690-F || RTX 3080 FE 10GB (+175MHz/+1100MHz daily driver) || 32GB 6000MHz 38-38-38-77 || AK620 CPU cooler || XV272U V 1440p 170Hz || Fractal Design Pop Air || WD Black SN850X 2TB

oh ok thanks for that, I use it for just 1 game ratchet and clank benchmarking, it doubles framerates and I dont notice any visual change. I had a 4080 laptop briefly but returned it due to geforce now being a better solution for me with my internet connection upgrade. looks like wukong is coming to game pass and works with geforce now, curious how a 4080 fairs. 

had to check, yeah I had no idea you could use fg from amd with nvidia cards without the mod, guess you can. been using dlss with it so its still helpful.

screengrab RD

Screenshot-51.png

nice temps paps 😛

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, D2ultima said:

This is why I would love to get a 4000 series card, FG is so helpful even if it means simply swapping my 3080 for a 4070 (though I think a 4080S would be good enough for most things for me).

Well, also for extra vRAM

And for AV1 encoding

And for better x264 encoding

And for *trails on*

It's worth it! I had a 3090 Kingpin Hydro Copper for a long time. It was very fast. One thing about the 3090KP, was right out of the box and completely stock it was already faster than a 3090Ti FE, and once you overclocked it on chilled water, nothing could really keep up with it, not even overclocked 3090Ti's. Then Frame Gen started popping up in practically every game, and these 4070Ti's started pulling well ahead at a fraction of the power. I ended up getting a 4080 Super, and it was only like 15-18% faster than my 3090KP in rasterization it was the Frame Gen where it shined, and at a much lower power consumption. Once you overclocked the 4080 Super it was at least 22-23% faster in rasterization. But, with Ray tracing, DLSS3, and FG that gap grew even further. I have since upgraded to the 4090. While it is nice and all, that level of performance is not needed.. Honestly, I was pretty happy with just the 4080 Super. But that's why I really recommend pretty much any RTX4000 series GPU. It's just the way the future is headed with these games. DLSS, Scaling, and Frame Gen the whole shebang. The 3080's and 3090's have had their fun. They are pushing 4 years old now, and these newer lighter cards can show up them with all this fancy tech. When I had my 3090KP I could not stop wanting this darn frame gen feature for added smoothness. Nothing could be done but the way of upgrade. We see how demanding these games are without frame gen, and without scaling. So, every advantage to make things look and run as good as they can helps. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

13900KF

I have to agree, Frame gen and dlss improvements as well as ray tracing optimization is a big reason many have and should make the switch, when I had my 4080 laptop it was double the framerates as my omen 16 and with the optimizations well over triple the performance, FG made a pretty big difference. Now that its long gone, im wondering if I should have just kept it or put the money towards the 4080 legion desktop. as of this month im saving to get a desktop during boxing day, it will be a very good christmas this year.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

2 hours ago, tps3443 said:

It's worth it! I had a 3090 Kingpin Hydro Copper for a long time. It was very fast. One thing about the 3090KP, was right out of the box and completely stock it was already faster than a 3090Ti FE, and once you overclocked it on chilled water, nothing could really keep up with it, not even overclocked 3090Ti's. Then Frame Gen started popping up in practically every game, and these 4070Ti's started pulling well ahead at a fraction of the power. I ended up getting a 4080 Super, and it was only like 15-18% faster than my 3090KP in rasterization it was the Frame Gen where it shined, and at a much lower power consumption. Once you overclocked the 4080 Super it was at least 22-23% faster in rasterization. But, with Ray tracing, DLSS3, and FG that gap grew even further. I have since upgraded to the 4090. While it is nice and all, that level of performance is not needed.. Honestly, I was pretty happy with just the 4080 Super. But that's why I really recommend pretty much any RTX4000 series GPU. It's just the way the future is headed with these games. DLSS, Scaling, and Frame Gen the whole shebang. The 3080's and 3090's have had their fun. They are pushing 4 years old now, and these newer lighter cards can show up them with all this fancy tech. When I had my 3090KP I could not stop wanting this darn frame gen feature for added smoothness. Nothing could be done but the way of upgrade. We see how demanding these games are without frame gen, and without scaling. So, every advantage to make things look and run as good as they can helps. 

I've always always said it, buy current gen Nvidia and never last gen unless it's on a huge sale. In my case this PC was gifted to me so I didn't have a choice, and I do have a really good 3080, but man I would kill for a 4080S or an upcoming 5000 series. I think if I was to upgrade unless someone drops a 4070S or higher in my lap right now I'd wait until 5000 series and see first. Maybe with luck by then I'll have stable income and can get a 5000 series. Hell knows I could do with more GPU power for turning up graphics more

• Thumb Up 2

I have a desktop now!

7 hours ago, tps3443 said:

This is why I say, for most people the 4070 Super with it's paltry 12gb is more than enough. It drives my 4K 120hz OLED TV in the living room for some couch gaming and it's no slouch. The performance and efficiency of that card is unreal. The 4070 Super at $599 for the FE is the best value card of 40 series. The next closest IMO is the 4080 Super FE at $999. The 4070 vanilla isn't worth it, the 4080 OG was a joke in price, and the 4090, while stupid powerful is out of reach for many people. I say this as a day 1 4090 Strix OC owner lol. And I know I'll likely buy the next Titan or 5090 around launch even though I absolutely do not need it. Ugh the sickness.

My 4070 Super FE also overclocked like crazy. I still hold the #2 spot on Steel Nomad DX12. Got knocked out by 8 points and I can't bring myself to sit down and clock it up again, maybe this winter I'll punch it hard for funzies to take back #1. 

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=sw DX&cpuId=&gpuId=1614&gpuCount=0&gpuType=ALL&deviceType=ALL&storageModel=ALL&showRamDisks=false&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=spy P&cpuId=&gpuId=1614&gpuCount=0&gpuType=ALL&deviceType=ALL&storageModel=ALL&showRamDisks=false&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

#7 in TS only because my CPU is hella underperforming. Otherwise I have the highest GPU score out of 100K+ results which is wild. 

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=pr P&cpuId=&gpuId=1614&gpuCount=0&gpuType=ALL&deviceType=ALL&storageModel=ALL&showRamDisks=false&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

Still hold #1 Port Royal, but that is harder to cheat so less interested in it maybe? 

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=sw P&cpuId=&gpuId=1614&gpuCount=0&gpuType=ALL&deviceType=ALL&storageModel=ALL&showRamDisks=false&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

#1 in Speedway

• Like 2
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

3 hours ago, Talon said:

This is why I say, for most people the 4070 Super with it's paltry 12gb is more than enough. It drives my 4K 120hz OLED TV in the living room for some couch gaming and it's no slouch. The performance and efficiency of that card is unreal. The 4070 Super at $599 for the FE is the best value card of 40 series. The next closest IMO is the 4080 Super FE at $999. The 4070 vanilla isn't worth it, the 4080 OG was a joke in price, and the 4090, while stupid powerful is out of reach for many people. I say this as a day 1 4090 Strix OC owner lol. And I know I'll likely buy the next Titan or 5090 around launch even though I absolutely do not need it. Ugh the sickness.

My 4070 Super FE also overclocked like crazy. I still hold the #2 spot on Steel Nomad DX12. Got knocked out by 8 points and I can't bring myself to sit down and clock it up again, maybe this winter I'll punch it hard for funzies to take back #1. 

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=sw DX&cpuId=&gpuId=1614&gpuCount=0&gpuType=ALL&deviceType=ALL&storageModel=ALL&showRamDisks=false&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=spy P&cpuId=&gpuId=1614&gpuCount=0&gpuType=ALL&deviceType=ALL&storageModel=ALL&showRamDisks=false&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

#7 in TS only because my CPU is hella underperforming. Otherwise I have the highest GPU score out of 100K+ results which is wild. 

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=pr P&cpuId=&gpuId=1614&gpuCount=0&gpuType=ALL&deviceType=ALL&storageModel=ALL&showRamDisks=false&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

Still hold #1 Port Royal, but that is harder to cheat so less interested in it maybe? 

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=sw P&cpuId=&gpuId=1614&gpuCount=0&gpuType=ALL&deviceType=ALL&storageModel=ALL&showRamDisks=false&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

#1 in Speedway

Did you run Wukong bench yet? Also, that game has some abnormally good reviews on Steam. I am tempted to just buy it. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

14 hours ago, tps3443 said:

I’d personally rather run DLSS2 at a lower percentage scale without FG, than FG+FSR at a higher percentage scale. The AMD FSR is not very good in my opinion.  It does that shimmer effect that immediately gives away the fact we are using scaling. 

The 2080Ti is still a great GPU though. I would give Battlefield 2042 a test with that combination on a 128 multiplayer server. That would really interesting to see. Also, Death Stranding is another game that loves CPU cores! (no matter how many you have lol) It was the only title to push a 7980XE to 100% on all 36 threads long before games were all using 8/16 with my 3090 Kingpin and 2560x1440P lol. Those Sony ports are always the best when it comes to using hardware properly and optimization. 

I find it very hard to see any visual difference in the benchmark no matter what settings are used. The issue using DLSS on 2080 Ti and 3090 Ti is there is no frame generation, and the benchmark does not have options for performance vs quality. It was interesting seeing how the different settings affected the different GPUs.

I agree. I don't like FSR and generally don't use it. On a GPU with no DLSS+frame generation, at least in this benchmark, it provides a better framerate with the FSR frame generation. Unless something unusual changes my mind, I have no intention of buying the game though (I seldom ever enjoy playing RPG) so it's all just for benching fun and won't matter in the grand scheme of things.

14 hours ago, D2ultima said:

Hey y'all. If any of you are still into notebooks at all, I made a post in the components section you may be interested in. Just giving a bit of a heads up in here =D

This is probably because this game is always raytraced. When you turn off RT, you're turning off hardware raytracing which is accelerated, and swapping it with an inferior software raytracing called Lumen, which probably explains why the GPU is suddenly working harder.

There is a nexus mods mod which allows you to turn on FSR 3's frame gen while using DLSS, because FSR 3.1 FG is naturally capable of being decoupled from actually using FSR as an upscaler. You could try that. I don't know if it works perfectly or not, though, but I know it exists (and actually the mod exists for a few other games, so you could always look it up for them too)

Howdy stranger. Nice seeing you. Hope you can stay for a spell.

14 hours ago, ryan said:

I tried the nexus mod. Works well aka looks good, as for gains it's decent. I can't run black myth at 4k unless I use like 25 percent scaling, I guess it's mainly for the heavy hitters and their 4090s. I can't see a 4070 or 4060 running this game even at 1440p unless everything is turned off.. either way I will say it's a better benchmark than steel nomad

I think Steel Nomad is a joke. 3DMark Suite in general has become a bloated piece of garbage benchmark. The more they add to it, the trashier it seems to get. Things started circling the drain with Port Royal and have gotten progressively worse. The best benchmarks in the suite are those with CPU and combined scores, and the very best (Sky Diver) is "no longer supported" because UL is run by idiots. Of course, these are my personal biases, so I know not everyone will agree with them.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

New is always better bro @ryan 

• Haha 4
  • Bump 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

3 minutes ago, Papusan said:

It's hilarious to hear people scream about Intel power consumption for their flagship high core count CPU, then you look at the latest Ryzen flagship on a cutting edge 4nm node pulling the more or less the same power and producing less FPS. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

Just tested the new XOC BIOS for the Apex Encore and will apply it to the white Apex as well. It has the new 0x129 MC, but retains the ability to drop back to 11F. I tested it on the Encore first since the CPU with the SA bug that got fixed by 0x129 is installed in the Encore. Later today I am going to change to MC 11F and see if the SA bug rears its head again, or if that did something permanent to solve the bug.

In other news, there is a ROG theme available in the latest HWiNFO64. It in typical ASUS fashion, it is the most tacky-looking theme one could ever imagines. It looks effing AWFUL, especially in dark mode. What is wrong with these nutjobs and their tacky and over-the-top garish aesthetic preferences? I am going to have to PM Martin over at HWiNFO forum and ask if the style of the theme was specified by ASUS or if he created it while taking drugs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Just tested the new XOC BIOS for the Apex Encore and will apply it to the white Apex as well. It has the new 0x129 MC, but retains the ability to drop back to 11F. I tested it on the Encore first since the CPU with the SA bug that got fixed by 0x129 is installed in the Encore. Later today I am going to change to MC 11F and see if the SA bug rears its head again, or if that did something permanent to solve the bug.

Not sure if Sergmann have been damn lucky with all his chips with the Gigabyte board.... Not sure how many processors he have tested. But none with the SA bug https://community.hwbot.org/topic/210084-gigabyte-z690-tachyon/?do=findComment&comment=673591

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

50 minutes ago, Papusan said:

New is always better bro @ryan 

What garbage tuning is this? The AMD chip and 14900K isn’t even pushing the 4090 properly. My system certainly slams my 4090 to the moon at 1080P.

Cyberpunk 2077 does not experience any cpu bottleneck until 400fps+ range, yet they are already hitting low GPU usage at like 136 FPS avg? 🤣

• Like 2

13900KF

1 hour ago, Talon said:

It's hilarious to hear people scream about Intel power consumption for their flagship high core count CPU, then you look at the latest Ryzen flagship on a cutting edge 4nm node pulling the more or less the same power and producing less FPS. 

I was looking at the exact same thing, when @Papusanfirst posted the video. I just about spewed my coffee everywhere seeing they both were using similar power 🙃. If their GPU usage was not so wonky and low, both CPU’s would use equally more power of course. But still makes me really consider things. What is real and what isn’t.

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

Boss..yes newer is alway better..it's evident in the video lol.. waiting to see your 1030 getting 150fps at 4k max settings in black myth.. 

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

In other news, there is a ROG theme available in the latest HWiNFO64. It in typical ASUS fashion, it is the most tacky-looking theme one could ever imagines. It looks effing AWFUL, especially in dark mode. What is wrong with these nutjobs and their tacky and over-the-top garish aesthetic preferences? I am going to have to PM Martin over at HWiNFO forum and ask if the style of the theme was specified by ASUS or if he created it while taking drugs.

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Not sure if Sergmann have been damn lucky with all his chips with the Gigabyte board.... Not sure how many processors he have tested. But none with the SA bug https://community.hwbot.org/topic/210084-gigabyte-z690-tachyon/?do=findComment&comment=673591

I spoke too soon. BIOS 9933 brought back the SA bug. Going back to 1503 and hoping it goes away again.

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I spoke too soon. BIOS 9933 brought back the SA bug. Going back to 1503 and hoping it goes away again.

image.png

So even with the MC 0x129 with the new Asus XOC beta bios you got back the SA bug.... Hmmmm. 

Your reply. I tested the ASUS XOC BIOS that @safedisk posted (v9933) and the SA bug returned to that CPU even with 0x129 MC.

What a disgusting soap opera this has become with the different motherboard manufacturers. 1.6V when loading up the OS with the new so called fixed bios (MC 0x129). Could be a detective board but who knows.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

image.png

There was a new driver released yesterday for this games support, it may help +1 fps, not quite sure yet. This is fully maxed out with 50% DLSS+FG. It is running really good though. 

Also, the latest bios for me are not all that great. I am sticking with 9901. The newer bios work great for power delivery to the CPU, low CPU power, low CPU temps, but they feel totally gutless with extreme ram tuning, and easy ram stability. 

8R1TaxS.png

• Thumb Up 2

13900KF

You all getting so many problems with the new BIOSes I'm just not even wanting to update mine. I don't know what BIOS I'm on but I haven't updated it since I got the system and the CPU does about 1.1 to 1.2v under load and I've never seen it higher than 1.24v at all, so I suppose I'll count my luck.

If I could update the microcode alone without touching anything else I could probably consider it but I doubt that's how this works for a lower end ASUS board

• Thumb Up 2

I have a desktop now!

57 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

You all getting so many problems with the new BIOSes I'm just not even wanting to update mine. I don't know what BIOS I'm on but I haven't updated it since I got the system and the CPU does about 1.1 to 1.2v under load and I've never seen it higher than 1.24v at all, so I suppose I'll count my luck.

If I could update the microcode alone without touching anything else I could probably consider it but I doubt that's how this works for a lower end ASUS board

See below. File contain innstaller and uninstaller from our old good friend @Prema But no need for latest Intel ME Firmware Update v16.1.32.2418. Also latest MEI driver if this is something you want for the ME firmware.

On 8/8/2024 at 11:54 PM, Papusan said:

Want to be the guinea pig. Here's the last MEI driver https://mega.nz/file/ANsFELYA#nqKdMeYcHPInYW2wLGlFd5Ci-Ax2fVUPToSs44Ji5wM

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done.

Me... IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT🙂

That's nice to hear. HeHe, I expected you had the answers on that one🙂 Asus should have followed EVGA. A kill switch for ME in bios. @Mr. Fox love it. 

PS. Why do we need ME for consumers/gamer boy machines? Nothing will be 100% secure anyway. This only open a door for the governments and their partners. As well hackers.

On 8/8/2024 at 11:10 PM, Prema said:

In case anyone needs it, I've created a simple Windows microcode updater for v129. 

Works on all 13th & 14th gen Intel systems (Desktop and Notebook) without having to update your BIOS:

https://www.reddit.com/r/eluktronics/s/wvXIQYgjoS

• Thumb Up 1

8 hours ago, Talon said:

Yep, I called the original 4070 the sweet spot and the 4070 Super is the ultra sweet spot. It is a no brainer for someone with a ~$600 budget for a GPU (or what we previously called the flagship pricing years ago....). I keep coming back to it for my SFF build on my charts with the 14900KS......

4 hours ago, Talon said:

Depends on the title and consumption requirements. Look at Starfield.... you can see as it gets hungrier they start to separate but for mid to lower tier power requirements they all kinda just end up in the same area for the bigger chips. A 7800X3D would wipe the floor with the 14900k for consumption and beat it overall in gaming (it gets trashed everywhere else).

Those results really don't show Intel in the best light even (look at the memory) and it is still winning. I am expecting Ultra 200 series to hopefully bring some heat. The laptop variants are......ok. The top of the line Ultra 9 185 is basically a slightly better 13600k.

The 9800X3D will just step right back in and take the top spot......over the 7800X3D but not as massive as YT keep saying because.....

3 hours ago, tps3443 said:

What garbage tuning is this? The AMD chip and 14900K isn’t even pushing the 4090 properly. My system certainly slams my 4090 to the moon at 1080P.

Cyberpunk 2077 does not experience any cpu bottleneck until 400fps+ range, yet they are already hitting low GPU usage at like 136 FPS avg? 🤣

......of this. A properly tuned 13th/14th gen can hold its own with the X3D chips but it takes a level of refinement that normal users aren't going to do nor should they have to do. Intel is the tinkerer's chip as it yields the most results from getting under the hood. AMD has a lot of "set and forget" properties which has their merits.

Most users are sitting on air coolers or rando AIOs, using factory thermal paste on the AIO and booting up and going from there with factory defaults. I respect YT channels like Testing Games that present a more realistic "end user" experience but also acknowledge we will never run anything even close to that.

When you run an out of the box experience, Intel suffers the worse as it has much more tune-ability. Look at the memory settings. 9950x is running at the 6000 sweet spot while Intel is chugging along at 6000 too.

If you want a more realistic AMD vs Intel vs Nvidia channel, I watch Bang4BuckPC Gamer. He tunes his hardware on a CL, and routinely does comparisons with all his hardware (X3D, 14900k, 7900xtx, 4090, etc...).

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

So even with the MC 0x129 with the new XOC beta bios you got back the SA bug.... Hmmm. 

Your reply. I tested the ASUS XOC BIOS that @safedisk posted (v9933) and the SA bug returned to that CPU even with 0x129 MC.

What a disgusting soap opera this has become with the different motherboard manufacturers. 1.6V when loading up the OS with the new so called fixed bios (MC 0x129). Could be a detective board but who knows.

Intel can push the new MC, but it still comes down to MB makers responsibly enforcing it while also allowing advanced users to disable it if they see fit. I am sure we will see a few more BIOS updates fleshing it out.

As for the SA Bug, when all is said and done, I am still setting my SA back to 1.18 for 8200 because it works and no need to feed more voltage than required. Of course for benching and testing, I let it run free. 🙂

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

this is for our local video gamer boy lover..none other than you know who...

1080p/FG on/Low preset

Screenshot-54.png

so I guess if you dont mind running at 1080p in windowed mode its a nice experience

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled