NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

On 3/24/2023 at 10:03 PM, Mr. Fox said:

I really hate to see you gluing down the IHS to test the PTM7950 because even if it works well for a bit, it won't work as well as liquid metal and won't likely be as durable.

Hello, hope everyone is well.

I wish I listened to that advice. While the initial PTM7950 (later changed to the 7958 paste) was durable enough and lasted for several months, I can confirm the temps are nowhere near as good as what's achievable with Conductonaut. 

Temps eventually degraded and the CPU started suffering from instability, so just bit the bullet and replaced with LM on both sides. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure my 13900K actually suffers from the degradation issue as it's not stable at stock speeds (even with temps under 90C), however, good news is that it's stable after downclocking and undervolting which works for me.

I think the mental block problem was caused by my imagining LM as this mercury-like kind of thing that will almost surely ends up running all over the components lol Cool and stable after a couple of weeks so very happy and wanted to thank @Mr. Fox for trying to ease me into this :)

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

I wish I listened to that advice. While the initial PTM7950 (later changed to the 7958 paste) was durable enough and lasted for several months, I can confirm the temps are nowhere near as good as what's achievable with Conductonaut. 

Temps eventually degraded and the CPU started suffering from instability, so just bit the bullet and replaced with LM on both sides. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure my 13900K actually suffers from the degradation issue as it's not stable at stock speeds (even with temps under 90C), however, good news is that it's stable after downclocking and undervolting which works for me.

I think the mental block problem was caused by my imagining LM as this mercury-like kind of thing that will almost surely ends up running all over the components lol Cool and stable after a couple of weeks so very happy and wanted to thank @Mr. Fox for trying to ease me into this 🙂

What about these boutique XOC thermalpaste like KPx or Kryonaut Extreme maybe TFX? How does PTM7958 compare to these? I always notice large changes when swapping to a different paste. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

2 hours ago, Etern4l said:

I think the mental block problem was caused by my imagining LM as this mercury-like kind of thing that will almost surely ends up running all over the components lol Cool and stable after a couple of weeks so very happy and wanted to thank @Mr. Fox for trying to ease me into this 🙂

Hey @Etern4l!

Did your 13900k used to run fine at auto but now won't pass those same tests? Did you change BIOSes? Does it fail on 0x129 using the Intel Enforced Limits? Usually for a degraded CPU downclocking and a positive offset are required. The fact it responds well to an undervolt is encouraging it may be ok or the degradation is minimal.

Delidding a CPU and not using LM really defeats the purpose of replacing the stock sTIM especially with the stock lid as there is usually no absorption/hardening (3rd party copper top can be a different story).

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

7 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Hey @Etern4l!

Did your 13900k used to run fine at auto but now won't pass those same tests? Did you change BIOSes? Does it fail on 0x129 using the Intel Enforced Limits? Usually for a degraded CPU downclocking and a positive offset are required. The fact it responds well to an undervolt is encouraging it may be ok or the degradation is minimal.

Delidding a CPU and not using LM really defeats the purpose of replacing the stock sTIM especially with the stock lid as there is usually no absorption/hardening (3rd party copper top can be a different story).

Spot on. 

If a person is going to use an IHS, the best option is to have one made of pure solid silver, or at least a quality nickel plating.

• Like 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

52 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

What about these boutique XOC thermalpaste like KPx or Kryonaut Extreme maybe TFX? How does PTM7958 compare to these? I always notice large changes when swapping to a different paste. 

OK, so this was not a scientific study, but best effort, so I have tried probably 10 different pastes before TFX, SYY, CryoFuze etc. They all performed quite similarly, the difference is that the performance would degrade fairly quickly vs 7958 held  up for months. Now, as far 

1. Liquid metal on the die

2. Lapped  the bottom of the RockIt IHS to hopefully increase pressure

3. Used a tiny amount of this Weld rubber gasket glue instead of the Super glue - rationale, more compressible

In my initial attempt I did actually try to assess if LM on the IHS is of benefit, and used SYY - this also exhibited great temps. I then applied LM on the IHS and was initially gutted since the temps were pretty bad, but then figured out there wasn't enough LM and there was not enough contact between the surfaces (evidenced by one-sided patch after removing the coldplate). Very carefully applying more LM resolved the problem.

All in all, my best effort before - the machine would run in the 90s undervolted and underclocked. 

Now, it's in the 90s stock and in the 70s undervolted and underclocked. Probably around 15C difference. Also 15C core deltas before vs maybe 5C now. Again, the caveat here is that some of that performance delta could be due to the IHS lapping and different glue.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

14 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Hey @Etern4l!

Hey! :) The CPU actually behaved very well during my relatively short Windows testing, pulled 350W+ on stock BIOS settings, whereas my previous record was around 330W IIRC.

Unfortunately it exhibited some crashes on Linux. It's clear Linux, which basically squeezes out another 5-20% out of the CPU, maybe that's part of it. However, these crashes never occurred during the first month or so of CPU use on stock settings, leading me to believe that there is some sort of HW issue. Another thing which started happening earlier was the system would stop seeing SSD drives - that resolved consistently after the repaste.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

-- Max Tegmark

1 minute ago, Etern4l said:

OK, so this was not a scientific study, but best effort, so I have tried probably 10 different pastes before TFX, SYY, CryoFuze etc. They all performed quite similarly, the difference is that the performance would degrade fairly quickly vs 7958 held  up for months. Now, as far 

1. Liquid metal on the die

2. Lapped  the bottom of the RockIt IHS to hopefully increase pressure

3. Used a tiny amount of this Weld rubber gasket glue instead of the Super glue - rationale, more compressible

In my initial attempt I did actually try to assess if LM on the IHS is of benefit, and used SYY - this also exhibited great temps. I then applied LM on the IHS and was initially gutted since the temps were pretty bad, but then figured out there wasn't enough LM and there was not enough contact between the surfaces (evidenced by one-sided patch after removing the coldplate).

All in all, my best effort before - the machine would run in the 90s undervolted and underclocked. 

Now, it's in the 90s stock and in the 70s undervolted and underclocked. Probably around 15C difference. Again, the caveat here is that some of that performance delta could be due to the IHS lapping and different glue.

I have had mixed results with the Rockit IHS. Sometimes better, but often worse than stock IHS. You really do not need to glue the IHS. It is not necessary whether using the stock ILM or aftermarket frame. Using the stock ILM you just need to press down on it with your thumb to keep it from sliding when latching the ILM. If you want to tack it in place, a tiny dot of T7000 under each "wing" on the IHS will suffice. More than strong enough. It is used to attach things like the back panel on a cell phone not intended for user access. But, it is not permanent.

Always important to sand down the bottom of the IHS so that is moves freely sitting on the die when not glued in place. If the perimeter touches the CPU or remnants of original IHS adhesive the die contact will be impaired.

If you bake the Rockit copper IHS in an oven with liquid metal applied it will accelerate the absorbing process and saturate the copper so it no longer has the ability to absorb it. It takes a couple of baking intervals, cleaning off the slag, applying fresh liquid metal and baking again.

• Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I have had mixed results with the Rockit IHS. Sometimes better, but often worse than stock IHS. You really do not need to glue the IHS. It is not necessary whether using the stock ILM or aftermarket frame. Using the stock ILM you just need to press down on it with your thumb to keep it from sliding when latching the ILM. If you want to tack it in place, a tiny dot of T7000 under each "wing" on the IHS will suffice. More than strong enough. It is used to attach things like the back panel on a cell phone not intended for user access. But, it is not permanent.

Always important to sand down the bottom of the IHS so that is moves freely sitting on the die when not glued in place. If the perimeter touches the CPU or remnants of original IHS adhesive the die contact will be impaired.

If you bake the Rockit copper IHS in an oven with liquid metal applied it will accelerate the absorbing process and saturate the copper so it no longer has the ability to absorb it. It takes a couple of baking intervals, cleaning off the slag, applying fresh liquid metal and baking again.

Yes, that T7000 looks very similar to the silicone glue I used just to hold things together a little.

I did the baking lol - albeit internally only, as I wasn't sure if I want to do LM on the IHS or not. I'm not too worried given how phenomenal the temps are now.

• Like 2

-- Max Tegmark

2 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Yes, that T7000 looks very similar to the silicone glue I used just to hold things together a little.

I did the baking lol - albeit internally only, as I wasn't sure if I want to do LM on the IHS or not. I'm not too worried given how phenomenal the temps are now.

The next time you take it apart go ahead and bake the top. Once the copper is saturated you can polish it to a mirrorlike finish and it will work better even with ordinary thermal paste versus the bare copper. It seems to improve the thermal conductivity with the added density of having the pores saturated with liquid metal.

• Like 1
  • Bump 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I have had mixed results with the Rockit IHS. Sometimes better, but often worse than stock IHS.

The most fun I have seen today. AMD Zen5 chips is now rebranded to BulldoZen5. Yup, that one made my day😁 Have a nice weekend. 

Nice to see you back bro @Etern4l. Hope all is well. If you don't mind loosing warranty then use liquid metal on your stock IHS. Better for longeivity on LM. See also bro Fox post. 

The Rockit IHS (or any good quality custom IHS with slight higher Z-hight) was good for laptops with sloppy heat sink pressure and uneven quality for the ILM in LGA laptops. For desktops... Not so much. 

• Thumb Up 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

@Etern4l hes back? thats awesome.. smart man.

just installed chrome os on my oled vivobook. got my first taste of linux codes. pretty intuitive, im liking this chrome OS 126 its fast and perfect for media like youtube disneyplus(starwars). testing it out now, this is the perfect way to turn something useless like a 5th laptop into something more specific. I wanted a good chrome book and now I have something thats better than 99 percent of all chromebooks on the market. I know you guys hate OSes like chrome and android but for me they have a use, because they are so light on code they operate faster with the same hardware, similar to the arguement of using linux over windows. im going to buy a 4tb SSD and have a quad boot setup, ZORIN/windows 11/chrome OS/Mac OS...why not.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

These 14th gen KS chips have some super ring/caches on them for sure. Look at this 5.3Ghz ring, which doesn't even phase the vmin or power consumption. For a chip that is not delidded. This is absolutely fascinating! 

5.9P/4.5E/4.5R-5.0R “Auto”DDR5 8600@ 308 watts.
5.9P.4.5E/5.3R DDR5 8600 @ 323 watts. 

This CPU amazes me with the IMC and ring capability. You can run 5.4 and 5.5 ring, and only then does it begin to push vmin a little. But, if you want to stabilize 4.9E with auto voltage, just pop your ring to 5.4Ghz 🤣 Then it adds just a wee bit more juice which makes 4.9E a reality, and a stable one. 14900KS is a beast, with lots of OC potential. 
3LWIIjl.png

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

On 8/15/2024 at 12:49 AM, Papusan said:

Huge shortage of GDDR6X vram hence Nvidia will offer slower GDDR6 for their 4070's. Damn nice. Nvidia know how to go around the U.S ban. Just let the gamers pay the price. I wonder how much bigger profits <nvidia can recoup from sell out their GDDR6X inventory at inflated prices? Be you sure... Jensen know how to max out profits even with the U.S ban on his neck.

Chinese AI startups turn to GeForce gaming GPUs because Nvidia sanction-compliant AI GPUs are too expensive

Since November last year, the RTX 4090s have been subject to export restrictions to China. This led to Nvidia creating the China-only RTX 4090D, which has fewer cores and a lower power draw. However, the chips that these startups are acquiring are most likely the full-fat RTX 4090 versions, not the watered-down 4090Ds.

Despite the bans and sanctions against China, corporations and organizations can still acquire these chips en masse. For example, suppose an importing entity gets blocked in the U.S.. In that case, it either changes its name or address and then repurchases AI-capable GPUs before American authorities get wind of its operation and get banned for a second time.

Back to AMD's new Zen5 flagship launch.

Look at these Cinebench numbers. Now I can see why Intel scrapped HT. No need for it when AMD failed so hard... Hmmm. I start to wonder if Intel had someone inside AMD's HQ/test lab and could report back how bad it was. Yup, I'm 100% sure Intel know what to come from AMD long before we saw first numbers popped up as rumors. 

https://wccftech.com/review/amd-ryzen-9-9950x-ryzen-9-9900x-cpus-review/5/

Also Vex see the same as me. Nvidia helping out China with AI servers to avoid the US ban. And they really need all the vram and big boy die's they can get. And Nvidia want all the profit they can get from it. Hence they lock their eyes and let em double up vram for gamer cards as etc 4090(D) and 4080 (Super) - intended with only half ov the vram for GAMERS Screwed. The U:S ban is an Joke and Jensen know it. 

Nvidia doing Nvidia things and put up the middle up finger to the screwed gamers and the idiots in the U:S Governments. Nice. 

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

The U:S ban is an Joke and Jensen know it. 

Our government is a joke, indeed. We will have an opportunity to correct again that later this year and I am hopefully enough people (legal voters) have had a gut full of the woke idiot nonsense, open borders and financial ruin the lefties have set in motion. A ban means nothing if it doesn't have sharp teeth and steep fines associated with non-compliiance and skirting the ban with loopholes. NVIDIA needs to fall in line or have their assets frozen and business license(s) revoked. We should be playing hardball with China and executing clandestine strategies against our enemies with extreme prejudice and an intent to do severe harm to them rather than misusing the FBI and CIA to try to eliminate political opponents at home because the current ruling fascist party can't win an election the right way.

• Like 2

USA government? Don't you mean all developed and undeveloped countries..Sudan vs canada vs Latvia...government corruption spread around the world fast and has its Web spun.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

47 minutes ago, ryan said:

USA government? Don't you mean all developed and undeveloped countries..Sudan vs canada vs Latvia...government corruption spread around the world fast and has its Web spun.

Yup, it applies to most of them. It's only relatively recent that the woke lefty fascist brain cancer has gained traction in the US. It started with B. Hussein Obama and he's still pulling strings in the shadows. It is hard to believe anyone can legitimately be that stupid, yet it is reality. But, NVIDIA needs to be kept on a tight leash and not allowed to play games with the rule. They should come down on them extremely hard, like a sledgehammer, if they're bending the rules to engage with China in any shape, form or fashion. China needs to be totally cut off from everything.

• Like 1

What the heck is going on? Is Jufus full of crap or is literally everyone that says it is crap is a moron that has no clue at all about what they are doing? He was right about Intel when most of them were wrong, so I'm inclined to think he might be right here even though I have no personal information to base it on. After pointing out what the other reviewers got wrong and moves to the cons it gets really interesting and it is like he is reading my mind about what makes it suck and why he is going to RMA it.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

What the heck is going on? Is Jufus full of crap or is literally everyone that says it is crap is a moron that has no clue at all about what they are doing? He was right about Intel when most of them were wrong, so I'm inclined to think he might be right here even though I have no personal information to base it on. After pointing out what the other reviewers got wrong and moves to the cons it gets really interesting and it is like he is reading my mind about what makes it suck and why he is going to RMA it.

People are really dumb @Mr. Fox I remember when the 11900K came out, still the largest IPC increase we ever saw with Intel to this day probably, and everyone trashed on the chip. Even though it delivered like 95% performance of 10/20 cores from the 10900K, while only using 8/16 cores in the 11900K. In games the 11900K was a real performer. These chips were very cool! I understand not everyone needed to upgrade, 10900K was already great. Since when is upgrading actually practical anyways though. If we own current gen, and next gen comes out, none of us “Need” to do it, it’s always a want. But it was just hated on so much. I mean, think about how stupid the 14900K is lol. Or even the 14900KS. The 13900K already does what either can do, and it was released almost 2 years ago. And here we all are just eating them up like sweet cakes. 

The thing is, the 11th Gen Intel was 20% faster IPC over 10th gen. It was almost like, since the 11th gen did not deliver some devastatingly powerful multithreaded blow to the 10900K, and since it had less threads, the chip was immediately no good and was marked DOA, and since everyone in the YouTube channel reviews said it was "NO GOOD" it was for sure "NO GOOD" The only thing good about it were the actual product reviews on Newegg and Amazon. So, this does lead to a "What the hell is actually is good scenario? and who is actually being honest here?" Everyone today only talks about IPC gains, and FPS gains, and gaming performance gains. But the Intel 11th Gen died and went down for being a waste of sand LITERALLY lol. How silly right? Another thing everyone talks about with Gaming rigs is the 7800X3D or Intel 14900KS.  All of the AMD Fans will say the 7800X3D is the superior gaming chip. However, we all know the 14900KS will mop the floor with it in any real workloads lol. But no one seems to mention this.. 7800X3D gets a pass in that area. The 14900KS can more than double the 7800X3D's Cinebench score, but since the 14900KS uses double the power as well, it's just not acceptable whatsoever haha. I realize this makes no sense lol. 

With all of that ^ being said, I have learned that: One weakness is acceptable one minute, and another positive is looked right over the next minute, or vice versa. These reviewers determine if something is worthy regardless of what it may actually be. Whatever one person says, the other probably goes along with.  

I can see Intel 15th gen already. It has faster IPC, less threads than 14th gen, slightly slower or similar multithreaded performance to that of a 14900KS, (WAIT! This sounds familiar), but it will most likely be a "TOTAL WIN" It all depends on what reviewers say. They determine its fate lol. 

The only way to know if something is actually any good is to go and buy it, then we see if it’s good for our self lol. If it’s bad we just return it. We always do what we want anyways. 

• Like 3

13900KF

Hey everyone, I bought Wukong Black-Myth. The game is great so far! 

Running fully maxed out, and it is a very engaging game. The Steam reviews sold me on it. Usually, games aren't reviewed this well at launch, the reviews are as steam says: "Overwhelmingly positive" But it is fun so far. Story seems great! The 4090 strong arms it so I average about 80+ FPS at 4K DLSS Quality+FG with Cinematic graphics. Barely touches the CPU. The game has an issues at times where GPU usage drops for no reason from 99% to 95%. I was walking one time and it hit 89% when it was rendering a boss in the background, makes no sense because I am 100% GPU limited here, and it's using 6-10% of my CPU lol. But most of the time it is 99% GPU usage. But when this happens the 1% lows tank for a moment. They need to fix that. But I am just being picky here. 

• Thumb Up 2

13900KF

3 hours ago, tps3443 said:

The game has an issues at times where GPU usage drops for no reason from 99% to 95%. I was walking one time and it hit 89% when it was rendering a boss in the background, makes no sense because I am 100% GPU limited here, and it's using 6-10% of my CPU lol. But most of the time it is 99% GPU usage. But when this happens the 1% lows tank for a moment. They need to fix that. But I am just being picky here. 

You're running into an Unreal Engine DirectX 12 issue, dubbed Traversal Stutter. As you pass key points in the game you dip in performance briefly as the game essentially loads in more area ahead of you. The points are static, and you can generally pass back and forth over them and trigger the stutter all the time.

The only way the devs could fix this would be to literally re-write the game in another engine.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

I have a desktop now!

i5-13600K @ 5.2GHz || ASUS Strix Z690-F || RTX 3080 FE 10GB (+175MHz/+1100MHz daily driver) || 32GB 6000MHz 38-38-38-77 || AK620 CPU cooler || XV272U V 1440p 170Hz || Fractal Design Pop Air || WD Black SN850X 2TB

On 8/11/2024 at 9:27 PM, Mr. Fox said:

If you want to try something new. maybe test the TF9 paste. I have never tried it before. 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=TF9+thermal+paste&crid=NA6AQT8BS3U9

Roundup: Thermalright TF4, TF7, TF8, TF9 and TFX in the test – thermal paste from flowing screed to bunker concrete

And next gen thin and light jokebooks will need graphics card with lower power consumption. What with a change in branding the new mobile graphics cards as etc RTX 5060 Max-Q Light

NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 5060 Laptop GPU: RTX 4070 performance, consumes LESS power

During that chat, he talked about some details about NVIDIA's next-generation GeForce RTX 50 series "Blackwell" GPUs. The Hasee chairman said that NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 50 series Laptop GPUs will use GDDR7 memory, and power consumption of the 60-level cards will be "greatly reduced" from 140W to 115W.

This means we're going to see a new world of thin-and-light gaming laptops powered by NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX 5060 Laptop GPU

Tempting? 🤢🤮🤢 Oh' Hell no! The taste of disgusting. What we will see in ads and promos.... Thinner than ever.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, tps3443 said:

People are really dumb @Mr. Fox I remember when the 11900K came out, still the largest IPC increase we ever saw with Intel to this day probably, and everyone trashed on the chip. Even though it delivered like 95% performance of 10/20 cores from the 10900K, while only using 8/16 cores in the 11900K. In games the 11900K was a real performer. These chips were very cool! I understand not everyone needed to upgrade, 10900K was already great. Since when is upgrading actually practical anyways though. If we own current gen, and next gen comes out, none of us “Need” to do it, it’s always a want. But it was just hated on so much. I mean, think about how stupid the 14900K is lol. Or even the 14900KS. The 13900K already does what either can do, and it was released almost 2 years ago. And here we all are just eating them up like sweet cakes. 

The thing is, the 11th Gen Intel was 20% faster IPC over 10th gen. It was almost like, since the 11th gen did not deliver some devastatingly powerful multithreaded blow to the 10900K, and since it had less threads, the chip was immediately no good and was marked DOA, and since everyone in the YouTube channel reviews said it was "NO GOOD" it was for sure "NO GOOD" The only thing good about it were the actual product reviews on Newegg and Amazon. So, this does lead to a "What the hell is actually is good scenario? and who is actually being honest here?" Everyone today only talks about IPC gains, and FPS gains, and gaming performance gains. But the Intel 11th Gen died and went down for being a waste of sand LITERALLY lol. How silly right? Another thing everyone talks about with Gaming rigs is the 7800X3D or Intel 14900KS.  All of the AMD Fans will say the 7800X3D is the superior gaming chip. However, we all know the 14900KS will mop the floor with it in any real workloads lol. But no one seems to mention this.. 7800X3D gets a pass in that area. The 14900KS can more than double the 7800X3D's Cinebench score, but since the 14900KS uses double the power as well, it's just not acceptable whatsoever haha. I realize this makes no sense lol. 

With all of that ^ being said, I have learned that: One weakness is acceptable one minute, and another positive is looked right over the next minute, or vice versa. These reviewers determine if something is worthy regardless of what it may actually be. Whatever one person says, the other probably goes along with.  

I can see Intel 15th gen already. It has faster IPC, less threads than 14th gen, slightly slower or similar multithreaded performance to that of a 14900KS, (WAIT! This sounds familiar), but it will most likely be a "TOTAL WIN" It all depends on what reviewers say. They determine its fate lol. 

The only way to know if something is actually any good is to go and buy it, then we see if it’s good for our self lol. If it’s bad we just return it. We always do what we want anyways. 

Good post. I agree with you.  I stopped watching mainstream news about 8 or 10 years ago. ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, (and more recently even Fox News,) etc. is all agenda-driven disinformation for zombie sheeple. The media cabal's mentally deficient brain trust decides on what the message of the day will be for brainwashing the stupid people of the world. They don't even try to conceal it by using different wording and every channel is an echo camber spewing exactly the same lies, often verbatim, from a shared script. And, the idiots of the world accept it all on face value as being factual information based on the unmerited biases the media has created.

It is starting to feel that way to some degree with many of the "reviewers" on YouTube. These "influencers" only influence people that can't or don't think for themselves., but rely on the talking heads to tell them what to think.

• Like 1

FYI. I saw JayzTwoCents talking about these not long ago and when I investigated the published static pressure and CFM, the CFM was the same but the static pressure superior to the Byski fans the person I bought the EK direct die AIO from had used to replace the better EK fans. (Not sure why he did that.)  The Byski fans were actually decent, but have the modern stupid design where the fan chassis is not square. They have the silly tabbed corners providing a space for air to leak out in four places on each fan. That is OK for a case fan, but sucks for use on a radiator. Even if the static pressure was better, the design of the Bykski fan would defeat any high static pressure abilities. (It is a very stupid popular trend in computer fans to be made this way, but newer is always better newer.)

I got them yesterday. They are affordable and I think build quality is good. My normalized coolant temperature is improved because more air is getting pushed through the radiator. I like the uni-fan design with the single power/RGB connection on the end. Probably not as polished as Lian Li, but the 3-fan kit is a WHOLE LOT more affordable than Lian Li and the CFM/static pressure equal or better. Super easy to install and look good. They have the infinity mirror on the two sides and on the fan spindle (which nobody will see with the fans facing down). They snap together securely. I like that they DO NOT use a proprietary controller and bloatware like some of the scummier designs from brand-name products that do.

I moved the Byski fans to the front panel. The Byski fans look better and are more powerful than the Thermalright TL-C12C-S they replaced.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C5PY91W9?th=1

01-Spectre.jpg

02-Spectre.jpg

03-Spectre.jpg 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tps3443 said:

Hey everyone, I bought Wukong Black-Myth. The game is great so far! 

Running fully maxed out, and it is a very engaging game. The Steam reviews sold me on it. Usually, games aren't reviewed this well at launch, the reviews are as steam says: "Overwhelmingly positive" But it is fun so far. Story seems great! The 4090 strong arms it so I average about 80+ FPS at 4K DLSS Quality+FG with Cinematic graphics. Barely touches the CPU. The game has an issues at times where GPU usage drops for no reason from 99% to 95%. I was walking one time and it hit 89% when it was rendering a boss in the background, makes no sense because I am 100% GPU limited here, and it's using 6-10% of my CPU lol. But most of the time it is 99% GPU usage. But when this happens the 1% lows tank for a moment. They need to fix that. But I am just being picky here. 

Very common to newer games with insane asset sizes. Less common to older games on newer hardware but it was always an issue. Best experienced when a game has a speedy travel mechanism that streaming assets can't keep up with and you get a nice "chunk" as they load in unseamlessly.

Not much they can do. Even the world's best SSDs can't help....yet. The dream goal is to seamlessly stream assets from SSD->Vram. We may in the future get to a point where we can sacrifice fidelity for fluidity if at all.

@tps3443 in this scenario, the way games are designed, even 24GB of Vram won't fix the issue as assets are fixed to various sizes and scale down based on Vram available. Usually, if you turn down resolution/detail level, you can avoid it sometimes as the assets can pass off or stream easier.

WoW has long suffered from this with its engine re-design (more of an overhaul) 5-6 years ago. Recently it has really come to light with dragonriding which allows burst travel almost 3x faster than the fastest normal flying. Depending on terrain and position, you can trigger this "chunk" and watch your fps drop in half for a split second at repeatable locations in the game. If you drop your resolution from 4k to 1080 and/or details to med-low, it magically gets better or flat out goes away.

Back in the day, we called this "look ahead streaming" "dynamic draw fill" and other nifty terms to describe the process. It is also why many games offer "view distance" options to not only take a load off your hardware but to minimize asset loading and make it more manageable.

@D2ultima "Traversal Stutter" I like that! 🙂

• Thumb Up 4

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

8 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Very common to newer games with insane asset sizes. Less common to older games on newer hardware but it was always an issue. Best experienced when a game has a speedy travel mechanism that streaming assets can't keep up with and you get a nice "chunk" as they load in unseamlessly.

Not much they can do. Even the world's best SSDs can't help....yet. The dream goal is to seamlessly stream assets from SSD->Vram. We may in the future get to a point where we can sacrifice fidelity for fluidity if at all.

@tps3443 in this scenario, the way games are designed, even 24GB of Vram won't fix the issue as assets are fixed to various sizes and scale down based on Vram available. Usually, if you turn down resolution/detail level, you can avoid it sometimes as the assets can pass off or stream easier.

WoW has long suffered from this with its engine re-design (more of an overhaul) 5-6 years ago. Recently it has really come to light with dragonriding which allows burst travel almost 3x faster than the fastest normal flying. Depending on terrain and position, you can trigger this "chunk" and watch your fps drop in half for a split second at repeatable locations in the game. If you drop your resolution from 4k to 1080 and/or details to med-low, it magically gets better or flat out goes away.

Back in the day, we called this "look ahead streaming" "dynamic draw fill" and other nifty terms to describe the process. It is also why many games offer "view distance" options to not only take a load off your hardware but to minimize asset loading and make it more manageable.

@D2ultima "Traversal Stutter" I like that! 🙂

From the research I did on this, this is happening because of the random latency and access times of our modern Gen3/4/5 M.2 SSD’s. They are just terrible with random latency response times. I have seen that an Intel P5800X can completely alleviate the issue all together, which was why I kinda got all in to wanting to get one. But we’re talking about owning a crazy expensive 400GB/800GB Enterpise drives that would only hold a couple games and cost a lot of money. 

• Thumb Up 3

13900KF