NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

its about money.

when you tweak and overclock, your chances of returning or failure are higher...companies don't like that so they decimate features allowing for it. gamerchics are not the only reason but I don't want to argue this as I mostly agree. all it takes is a quick browse of youtube. and like tps mentioned these kids are out of their minds. a great game from what I hear/read/see comes out and they pick it apart, DF illustrates perfectly how game changing some of the graphical techniques are, im just glad we finally have a real world senerio to use a 4090, im likely going to get a 4080 but its still nice to see things progressing even if its at a snails pace.

also if you just want to check it out, ubisoft connect for 20cad you get access to ultimate version of star wars outlaws

• Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

21 hours ago, ryan said:

its about money.

when you tweak and overclock, your chances of returning or failure are higher...companies don't like that so they decimate features allowing for it. gamerchics are not the only reason but I don't want to argue this as I mostly agree. all it takes is a quick browse of youtube. and like tps mentioned these kids are out of their minds. a great game from what I hear/read/see comes out and they pick it apart, DF illustrates perfectly how game changing some of the graphical techniques are, im just glad we finally have a real world senerio to use a 4090, im likely going to get a 4080 but its still nice to see things progressing even if its at a snails pace.

also if you just want to check it out, ubisoft connect for 20cad you get access to ultimate version of star wars outlaws

Yep, it’s like $17.99 USD. So someone could buy the monthly membership, and then just cancel it, and they’d have the title for a month for $17.99 if they didn’t want to spend the full $75 with tax for the game (Not a terrible 1 month rental fee considering they get a bunch of other titles as well). I’m sure after a month the price may even go down some too, and they could buy it, if after a month of straight playing they had to have it. 

I actually cancelled my Ubisoft membership. I have been going through cancelling many memberships lately. Me and my wife put together a list of all our monthly expenses that weren’t immediately needed, and we discovered that we have been paying out $390 per month in random digital media subscriptions 🙃 since we are about to have a recurring mortgage begin very soon. (All of those had to go lol)

• Like 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

Ok..I'm getting it soon..will just get the subscription..just because my card has 6gb vram and I hear this game rips through vram like the cookie monster rips through cookies..going to have to just run windowed mode 1440p..will be a smaller image but it's on a 55in oled tv so should still look good..

ok

downloading now

Screenshot-60.png

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 9/2/2024 at 2:00 PM, tps3443 said:

I actually cancelled my Ubisoft membership. I have been going through cancelling many memberships lately. Me and my wife put together a list of all our monthly expenses that weren’t immediately needed, and we discovered that we have been paying out $390 per month in random digital media subscriptions 🙃 since we are about to have a recurring mortgage begin very soon. (All of those had to go lol)

I called it the, "great waste purge." I sat down and went through everything and decided to cancel just about everything and then the wife and I would wait to see what we actually missed and add things back in. Streamlining our Internet/streaming saved $200/mo all on its own. The savings were over $500/mo when all was said and done and we don't miss anything.

Very smart to cut costs especially with an incoming mortgage bro. 👊

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

good game so far, kinda not my type of game but the story is why im still playing..big star wars fan, feels like rogue with empire strikes back/impressive.

any news on 5090 or 5x titan?

Not only do we have an apparent name for this card but RedGamingTech even shows a performance chart for the new cards, suggesting RTX 5090 will be 48% faster than the RTX 4090 and the Titan AI will be 63% faster than the RTX 4090. The 48% difference for the RTX 5090 largely tallies with other rumors that have suggested Nvidia’s new flagship will sport roughly 50% more CUDA cores but this is the first time we’ve heard mention of an even faster card.

Nvidia’s new Titan GPU will beat the RTX 5090, according to leak (pcgamesn.com)

never heard of these guys

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

good game so far, kinda not my type of game but the story is why im still playing..big star wars fan, feels like rogue with empire strikes back/impressive.

Not only do we have an apparent name for this card but RedGamingTech even shows a performance chart for the new cards, suggesting RTX 5090 will be 48% faster than the RTX 4090 and the Titan AI will be 63% faster than the RTX 4090. The 48% difference for the RTX 5090 largely tallies with other rumors that have suggested Nvidia’s new flagship will sport roughly 50% more CUDA cores but this is the first time we’ve heard mention of an even faster card.

History with Nvidia repeating itself....

5080 will be on par or marginally faster than the 4090 (reports show ~10% atm)

5090 will be substantially faster than the 4090 and be a halo product (Same as 4090 vs 3090ti, but potentially even larger). Expect $1799 if not more at launch base price

*If* we get a Titan class card, it will be a full fat die 5090 (Has happened before with Nvidia)

Don't be surprised depending on market conditions if 12-18 months later we get a 5090ti which will be the full fat die. I wouldn't bank on it with the AI craze and AMD bringing absolutely nothing to market that can even touch the 5080 let  alone the 5090. Seeing what they are offering, it might not even touch the 5070ti.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

6 hours ago, ryan said:

Hopefully they have enough VRAM for those of us using 4K and DLSS, I’m almost tapped out, once full the 1% lows begin to tank lol. 😆 

Yep, that’s over 24,000MB or 23.51GB of VRAM consumed in Star Wars Outlaws 😱

This title LOVES the GDDR6X overclocks. 

I remember when the Titan RTX first released. It was a pumped up and glorified 2080Ti with 24GB of GDDR6, it was so overwhelmingly impressive back then. I remember thinking no way we will use that much VRAM. And yet, here we are pushing the limits on our 4090’s lol. 

Anyways, that Titan AI sounds and looks SICK! 63% faster? OMG. 😱 

IMG-4293.jpg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Confused 1

13900KF

wait wut?

says your getting 68fps? why is my GFN gpu only getting 20fps? hellva overclock man.

I tried maxing everything and even with dlss set to quality and fg on im not breaking 30. any pointers...also i played this game for an hour or two today, im going back to it as I find the story and missions interesting. now I see why some love it to death and why its not getting a 10/10 its not for everyone its niche but so well done its also for the masses even if you dont care for starwars

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

14 minutes ago, ryan said:

wait wut?

says your getting 68fps? why is my GFN gpu only getting 20fps? hellva overclock man.

I tried maxing everything and even with dlss set to quality and fg on im not breaking 30. any pointers...also i played this game for an hour or two today, im going back to it as I find the story and missions interesting. now I see why some love it to death and why its not getting a 10/10 its not for everyone its niche but so well done its also for the masses even if you dont care for starwars

No sure what GFN is 20fps? lol. No way. This game is very demanding. But even on 4K+DLSS Quality+FG and Outlaw Graphics, I average 60+ fps, my minimums are typically 40-45 fps and not often mostly due to skips. If you set RTX Dynamic lighting to “High/Ultra” thats gonna boost you another +10-15fps on top.

Not much of any overclock, my GPU doesn’t really overclock hardly at all. 

But running just 4K/DLSS Quality/FG and Normal “Ultra” this game is like 84fps average. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

Geforce now(rtx 4080-needs a very good connection) yeah most people are not going to be able to get a very good experience with GFN in canada but luck has it my ping is good today. ran a test, no DLSS FG on Max settings

Screenshot-64.png

im getting 50-60fps with dlss set to quality, and honestly dlss on quality give it a more natural look. also after turning off some visual assists, the game looks incredible maxed out.

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I can't get enough of this launch. This tick all boxes for the modern PC user.... 

Fantastic news for the average computer Joe. This just getting better and better. Intel know exactly where to put most of their resources. iGPU and baby cores. Yup, one of the most important evolutions with Lunar Lake is the series' new processor cores, where the E-cores according to the Skymont architecture are the big star of the show.

Intel launches Core Ultra 200V - "best integrated graphics in the world"
https://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/39552-intel-lanserar-core-ultra-200v-basta-integrerade-grafiken-i-varlden

bad-2.jpg

Because we in "Intel" put the money in what people want nowadays☹️

@Mr. Fox  I hope you all appreciate Intel's new targeted audience. The iGPU jockey's. Remember Nvidia can't please you all.  And here Intel comes to rescue. Great graphics performance to you all. Hence why we need brand new processors. Yup, this is cutting edge tech at it best.

small_gaming-qualcomm.jpg

Hmmm. Intel don't have 13th/14th gen replacement processors. This will be ugly forwards....  

Intel-Customer-Support-Email-For-14th-Ge

Intel 14th & 13th Gen RMA Requests Met With Huge Delays Due To Stock Availability Issues

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

why even offer a igpu and baby cores. like i get your point, they think the masses are dumb and they are but the people buying each gen the enthusiasts? why make sense when no(n)cense is cheaper. this guys is not a potawtoe its a pohtahtoe, much better. face palm

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, ryan said:

why even offer a igpu and baby cores. like i get your point, they think the masses are dumb and they are but the people buying each gen the enthusiasts? why make sense when no(n)cense is cheaper. this guys is not a potawtoe its a pohtahtoe, much better. face palm

Some of them are posers (gamers) that pretend to be enthusiasts but don't have a clue. They think that buying the most expensive option makes them  one. They are only enthusiasts at wasting money on things they don't know how to use. Like a person that buys a handgun for self-defense. He puts it in the nightstand next to his bed, but doesn't know how to load the clip with bullets and does not even realize it did not come with bullets.

• Thumb Up 4

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

8 hours ago, ryan said:

Geforce now(rtx 4080-needs a very good connection) yeah most people are not going to be able to get a very good experience with GFN in canada but luck has it my ping is good today. ran a test, no DLSS FG on Max settings

Screenshot-64.png

im getting 50-60fps with dlss set to quality, and honestly dlss on quality give it a more natural look. also after turning off some visual assists, the game looks incredible maxed out.

Since the latest update, this title runs really well. I leave all of the fancy graphic settings on. Film grain, motion blur, chromatic aberration, all of it looks nice in this title. 

With DLSS Quality+Frame Gen, and Outlaw Graphics settings which are useable. It can run at 60FPS average. And It looks stunning. 

One more thing, now I’m not sure if you can Force Rebar on that GeForce NOW setup, but I saw a MASSIVE fps boost from doing so. Something like +6 or 7fps alone. When you are getting only 54-56fps, this is an absolutely massive performance improvement. 

• Thumb Up 2

13900KF

causal users are abundant also, I used to care not so much anymore so long as everything works and I can squeeze out a little extra performance.

enthusiasts like you guys are likely frustrated as to why things are slowly going downhill and everything leans towards the casual user, its a pity even though I dont tweak ram timings i can still appreciate it. much like watching f1 racing, you don't need to be the driver of a formula racer to enjoy racing.

• Like 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

2 hours ago, ryan said:

causal users are abundant also, I used to care not so much anymore so long as everything works and I can squeeze out a little extra performance.

enthusiasts like you guys are likely frustrated as to why things are slowly going downhill and everything leans towards the casual user, its a pity even though I dont tweak ram timings i can still appreciate it. much like watching f1 racing, you don't need to be the driver of a formula racer to enjoy racing.

There is a wide gamut and the issue is everyone is thrown into the same bucket and labeled "gamers" but "gaming laptops and desktops" do not need to be insanely powerful, expensive or good at overclocking. The popularity of AMD X3D processors among those whose primary objective is gaming is one example of this. So, putting us all into the same niche is totally inaccurate and ignores the reality that gaming does not matter immensely to some of the people they have labeled as such.

I used to consider myself a "gamer" because that is where my interest in computers first blossomed into an aggressive interest in computers. Over time my interests morphed into a passion for the hardware and diminishing interest in software. Software (games, applications and operating systems) applications are important but not stimulating to me. 

Now I consider it an insult to be categorized as a "gamer" and recognize that as being a manifestation of ignorance, apathy or a cocktail of both conditions. The things I am passionate about don't matter to many or most people that refer to themselves as a "gamer" or "gaming enthusiast" and the things they are most passionate about are not particularly interesting or important to me. I am an overclocking enthusiast with a casual interest in a limited genre of PC gaming and zero interest in gaming  when it involves social engagement, online multiplayer, RPG or Strategy gaming genres and contempt for console gaming regardless of genre.

• Like 2
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

Yep, he's really impressed with the 9000 architecture. 9950x is really holding its own against both a 7800X3D and 6ghz all core 14900KS.

Max OC shootout....

Really looking forward to 9950X3D vs 15th gen....

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 4

crysis is how I got into benchmarking, pushing the boundaries ofa system just to get 30fps 1080p on max settings. ironically nothing has come out like it in 17 years nothing seems to have the returns in graphics for the power it uses. correct me if im wrong but crysis was the last true pc game

• Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

26 minutes ago, ryan said:

crysis is how I got into benchmarking, pushing the boundaries ofa system just to get 30fps 1080p on max settings. ironically nothing has come out like it in 17 years nothing seems to have the returns in graphics for the power it uses. correct me if im wrong but crysis was the last true pc game

You're not wrong. My favorite games of all time are Crysis, Crysis 2 and Crysis 3... in that order. I love the remastered versions as well, better than anything else. Ever. Rounding out my top five, add Quake II and Quake II RTX. No wasted time, calories, and brain cells with frequent and disruptive cut scenes, fluffy storylines, hunting for clues, crafting crap, leveling up, side missions, social networking and similar nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

Really looking forward to 9950X3D vs 15th gen....

The beauty is in the details. Intel need help. What a down turn for the blue. 

Now we see where the claimed power efficiency comes from. Yup, hybrid chips get an meaning. A hybrid in all ways. 

The announcement comes as Intel embarks on a vast restructuring in the wake of troubling financial results last quarter.

Out with the Intel node, in with TSMC.

• Bump 1
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Yes sir. Crysis I'm not sure why I loved it so much and why I still dip in once in a while, I just don't know but it's special to me, I'm praying crysis  4 comes out but we will have to wait. I honestly can't think of any other games after crysis, not even one title...just got an idea....bro have you ever tried custom crysis maps??  I'm thinking now of searching for all the custom crysis content, might be a good trip down memory lane...only one I remember is volcano map, it's a sunset by the ocean map that ends up in a compound...ok brb 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

The beauty is in the details. Intel need help. What a down turn for the blue. 

Now we see where the claimed power efficiency comes from. Yup, hybrid chips get an meaning. A hybrid in all ways. 

The announcement comes as Intel embarks on a vast restructuring in the wake of troubling financial results last quarter.

Out with the Intel node, in with TSMC.

Good! TSMC is the market leader in node fabs. Let Intel continue to progress and refine their 18A and use TSMC in the here and now over their own, internal 20A.

---

As for Jufes, his quote, "When the 9800X3D comes out, I'm pretty sure it's going to destroy everything"

Now imagine the 9950X3D with that sweet, sweet binned X3D CCD.....

Yeah.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Good! TSMC is the market leader in node fabs. Let Intel continue to progress and refine their 18A and use TSMC in the here and now over their own, internal 20A.

---

As for Jufes, his quote, "When the 9800X3D comes out, I'm pretty sure it's going to destroy everything"

Now imagine the 9950X3D with that sweet, sweet binned X3D CCD.....

Yeah.....

I been thinking about buying another 4090, and selling my 4090 Gaming OC. I can probably grab one for about the same price. I really want a better overclocker lol. Seems like a silly time though since 5090 is close. Maybe I will go ahead and sell mine soon and get ready for RTX5000 series. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

36 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I been thinking about buying another 4090, and selling my 4090 Gaming OC. I can probably grab one for about the same price. I really want a better overclocker lol. Seems like a silly time though since 5090 is close. Maybe I will go ahead and sell mine soon and get ready for RTX5000 series. 

I don't blame ya, but it looks like the 5090 might not hit till early next year. I know I have two people who saw some of my screen shots gaming on stock vBIOS hitting 3120 on stock cooling reach out and ask to let them know when I sell mine to keep them in mind as they would like to buy it so OC's do count for many.

I did contemplate selling mine for how much I paid for it and riding my 7900xtx to the 5090. I'd have to turn off RT in WoW though. 😞

*Shrug* As long as memory hit +1000 and clocks were 2900, I'd be ok with it but the extra goodness never hurts.

• Thumb Up 2

4 hours ago, electrosoft said:

I don't blame ya, but it looks like the 5090 might not hit till early next year. I know I have two people who saw some of my screen shots gaming on stock vBIOS hitting 3120 on stock cooling reach out and ask to let them know when I sell mine to keep them in mind as they would like to buy it so OC's do count for many.

I did contemplate selling mine for how much I paid for it and riding my 7900xtx to the 5090. I'd have to turn off RT in WoW though. 😞

*Shrug* As long as memory hit +1000 and clocks were 2900, I'd be ok with it but the extra goodness never hurts.

Yeah my 3090 Kingpin Hydro Copper overclocked like a MAD MAN! This 4090 Gaming OC does good on ram OC. I have had it set at +1600 on the GDDR6X and that's a 100% reliable OC for it.  But the core,  lolz even just +135 can crash sometimes with auto fan. I usually run +125 on the core which will give me 2,895-2910. 

I did the math, and I determined with a water block, and with a chiller, my GPU would probably run about 30c-32c like my 3090KP did. But, even with those CRAZY low temps, I would only gain +6.2 steps on the Nvidia boosting algorithm. So with the card at 35c or less, with my current 2910Mhz it would run 3,000Mhz exactly. That's pretty sad! That is a guaranteed locked in 3.0Ghz no more no less. Unless the core had something magical happen with the temps being really low, like if its below 50c or if its below 40c maybe it miraculously changes its behavior and its happy with 3,100Mhz or something like that lol. But, Its not exactly guaranteed. The only thing that is, is the 3,000Mhz at due to the low 35c load temps which is pretty terrible for any 4090 lol. 

Your card at 35c would probably run 3.2Ghz+ 🤣

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF