*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Arrived a day earlier than expected.

vPOqdBI.jpg

Awesome! Good luck!

Oh, my God! Okay, it's happening! | Reaction Images | Know Your Meme

• Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

unknown.png

My entire goal with the this CPU is to make it as annoying as possible for anyone to beat any of the records its holds. I will keep going until either something breaks, or the laptop cannot run at a higher speed. I have achieved 737, but the system was so unstable that pasting the image into paint was enough to shut down the computer (I don't know how it managed to pass the benchmark if it can't even load an image in paint lol). This is the highest I have gotten besides 737, and it has taken a few days worth of tinkering and luck, and it seems the Ranger managed to survive this one time.

As for the 8700k, I can't find any small tweezers, so I'm just going to take it to my STEM teacher tomorrow as he will have the adequate tools to get the tape on the pads.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo RTX 2070 Super | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

On 4/15/2022 at 2:11 AM, Ashtrix said:

Yeah their biases are too stupid and annoying. Did they mention 5900X is selling at $380 Retail at NewEgg ? which is $60 less cost for more Threads and more in everything. Stupid gaming this that changes what about overall performance with 4C8T extras ? yeah no do not consider that at all buy this junk, well nobody is going to buy this processor. X570 has been in the market since Ryzen 3000 was in the market due to PCIe4.0 which means 2019 that is  3 year old and Ryzen 5000 is 1.5 years old now, how much market saturation AMD got ? PLENTY. Which is why Intel slashed prices heavily on Alder Lake and offered DDR4 to get that marketshare back.  Also I remember how Steve at GN was like yeah buy this 9700K it's best for gaming lol, absolute pile of trash. Look how it struggles due to lack of SMT.

A locked down experimental dog feces processor which is only made to show off their TSMC technology while getting massive profits by EPYC-X Cache stack refresh while Intel is having no XEON competition to that. Plus the worst is, this 3D Cache is not even there on Genoa which is Milan / EPYC successor arriving later this year, and then 2023 Bergamo with cut down no SMT Server CPU. And ofc that means ? Ryzen 7000 won't have X3D presumably. Which is why it's a real experimental SKU.

I want to point one big finger at Intel, they axed their top class L4 Cache series with 577C and Apple's BGA Crystalwell dumpster being last. They could have added it to all of their stack but never did because more cash and more pins Intel didn't want to spend any money on R&D anymore. Well now they are adding that to the CPU Arch itself, Raptor Lake's new Game Cache lol.

This AMD experiment is expensive technology and probably has a lot of limitations as well, which is why they just did this Frankensilicon like Intel 10nm to 14nm++ LGA1200 but heavily castrated it from the factory with no OC at all, plus garbage IF clocks. Well Ryzen would crap out on itself if we push hard.

And games ? Broken garbage since Day 1. Honestly look how awful AAA titles have been on PC and PC crowd is fine with that garbage behavior top rating for broken trash and selling millions and what do they get for such PC hardware costing 3x more than a Conslow box ? 3X FPS ? Nope 3X MSRP of GPUs and nonsensical garbage optimization broken from get go.

Bro papu, this BGA like dumpster 5800X3D trash runs at 1.3v boost clocks, while 5800X runs at 1.4v boost clocks it's not same voltage, that's what I read on Tech Power Up comments as W1zzard mentioned. Yes it's a binned silicon. B2 stepping has been there in the market for a while and it didn't fix any of the issues with AMD, which are those notorious WHEA cancer and USB diseases.

The gamer kids is ready to pull the trigger. Not everyday you see locked down processors selling near $600 USD. The world has gone crazy if this Cpu will sell (out) at this prices 🤮

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers 

And this is bro Fox after seeing this madness..... 🙃

crazy madness GIF

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D Starts Selling at 30% Mark-up

The unexpected parting-shot of Socket AM4 and "Zen 3" at Intel's new "Alder Lake" architecture, the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, started selling. There is, however, a rude catch. On popular US retailer Newegg, the processor is going for as high as USD $589, or $140 higher than the $449 MSRP, a 30 percent mark-up. This would also put its price a vulgar $230 higher (64 percent higher) than the Ryzen 7 5800X, a price difference that can get you a reasonably good motherboard based on the AMD X570 chipset, or perhaps even a combination of a well-priced AMD B550 chipset motherboard and 16 GB of DDR4-3600 memory. It is important to note, however, though, that the Newegg listing is fulfilled by one of its marketplace vendors, and not Newegg directly. The site isn't selling the 5800X3D through its own fulfillment inventory.

The Ryzen 7 5800X3D thoroughly impressed us and several other tech reviewers. AMD stands good on its claim that the 5800X3D is faster than the Core i9-12900K at gaming, and it does end up trading blows with the i9-12900KS (an $800 chip) in several titles. The $589 marked-up price, however, erodes much of that goodwill, and for that kind of money, you're better off just getting a Core i9-12900 (non-K), and unshackling its power limits in the motherboard BIOS. The i9-12900 will trade blows with the 5800X3D at gaming, but will thoroughly outclass it at productivity. Both the i9-12900 and the 5800X3D are "locked."

Also Dell Alienware go all in for their gamer kids.... Dell tells us this is the first OEM desktop to market with AMD's fastest gaming chip.

Historically Dell and AMD haven't always had what one would call a BFF relationship, but they sure are cozy with each other now. Going back to last year, Dell released its first AMD-powered laptops in over a decade. Now a year later, Dell tells us this momentum they've built with each other "shows no signs of slowing"
On 4/15/2022 at 2:49 AM, Papusan said:

People will jump on it as sweet candy. There is for a reason gamingbooks with castrated Max-Q graphics still sell well. People get what they ask for. 

image.png.2f1fec4de9476fdb1e7ed4f342806224.png

https://www.computerbase.de/2022-04/ryzen-7-5800x3d-gaming-benchmark/3/

Yep it runs with less voltage. The locked down 5800X3D gaming flagship from AMD would never ever seen the light if AMD used same silicon bin as for 5800x. If they did we would see even lower boost clocks. But be you sure... People would buy it anyway. AMD missed out on this. They could have increased their profits using lesser quality bin and flooded the market with locked down flagship chips. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Just got the Corsair 7000D and Artic Freezer II 420mm setup and I am.. Less than impressed unfortunately. I really expected such a huge AIO with push/pull fans to perform a bit better than what I am seeing here. It seems to match or barely beat out my Corsair 280mm with push/pull artic fans. And this case is ridiculously huge with very little benefit other than being able to fit a 480mm rad. The cable management system on the back of case is just terrible. They seriously wasted so much space on the front of the case, literally open air, and then force you to somehow manage all of your cables and shut the back with wussy click shuts. It's so terrible. I pulled my hair out trying to get the damn cables to fit and not be bulky enough to open the wimpy door. Lian Li ran circles around this case in that department. They actually thought about cable management and gave adequate space to manage your cables, and then provided a sturdy way to slam those bad boys in there. This is just bad. Why the heck do I need all that space in the front of the rig but seriously bare minimum space to run cables? Ugh, still deciding if I'm going to just break this down and return it. 

If it wasn't my wifes birthday tomorrow I would likely pull and all nighter and do just that, but I want to be useful tomorrow lol. One upshot is that if someone ever decided to break into my home and wanted to steal this thing, they wouldn't be able to. Seriously this thing is huge and heavy AF. I go to the gym 4-5x a week and my god I am dreading trying to carry this thing to my garage down stairs to give it a bi monthly dust blowing. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

Well finally had some time to put the 12900k in the system and it's an SP87 😞

Well hopefully the IMC is much better than my 12700k since it wouldn't run my DDR5 at anything above 6400mhz. 

• Sad 2

Desktop | Intel i9-12900k | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F | 2x16GB Oloy DDR5 @ 6400mhz CL32 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | AW3821DW| 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 | All under water |

Server | SM846 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7F52 | Supermicro H12SSL-I | Tesla P40 24GB | 256GB 3200MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Backup Server | SM826 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7302 | Supermicro H11SSL-I | Tesla P4 8GB | 256GB 2133MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Dell XPS 9510 | Intel  i7-11800H | RTX 3050 Ti | 16GB 3200mhz | 1TB SX8200 | 1080P |

I wanted to mention Anandtech and other coverage to all folks here but I forgot about it...was occupied with my own issues. But I think most of you are aware and use heavy backplates for the AIOs and etc but still I think this consolidated post would have better information.

Enter Intels' 12th gen LGA1700 ILM disaster.

The first reports came from Igor, then we got Luumi, Buildzoid and Anandtech also report. Now Intel apparently deflected this issue. Horrible BULLFECES behavior from this company.

Check out the articles below and modify your Motherboards accordingly.  Oh no reports from Gamers Nexus, he is so busy doing his garbage takes at his horrendous gaming suite benchmarking which has like 5-8 games lol... No report from Hardware Unboxed either. I do not think even that Linus covered it at all. Well that's why I consider them at a lower category than the better ones mentioned above. Also nothing from Optimum Tech either ? Pathetic.

LGA1700: Reports of Bending Sockets

The implications of this are two-fold. Firstly, from a cooling standpoint, it will and can lead to increased thermals due to the gaps this creates between the cold plate of the cooler and the IHS on the CPU. While thermal paste will generally fill some of the gaps, the problem is the nature of the gap and its size that the increased pressure the ILM creates. The second and perhaps the most fundamental part of this, it should NOT be happening.

While PCBs can be flexible, the nature of heat creating further expansion could lead to damaged sockets damaged processors and ultimately leave users with an expensive headache. There's also the potential to create permanent bends in the PCB area around the socket. This is not a good thing. It should be noted that LGA1700 motherboards either use ILM's manufacturers by Lotes or Foxconn, but it's reported that both ILMs are affected by this issue.

3D Printed LGA1700 Bracket Counters Alder Lake CPU Warping Disaster

Intel Comments On Alder Lake's Warping and Bending Issues, Mods Void Warranty

Intel has finally commented on the issues, stating that this condition isn't a problem and that modifying the socket can void the chip's warranty. It told Tom's Hardware:

"We have not received reports of 12th Gen Intel Core processors running outside of specifications due to changes to the integrated heat spreader (IHS). Our internal data show that the IHS on 12th Gen desktop processors may have slight deflection after installation in the socket. Such minor deflection is expected and does not cause the processor to run outside of specifications. We strongly recommend against any modifications to the socket or independent loading mechanism. Such modifications would result in the processor being run outside of specifications and may void any product warranties." —Intel Spokesperson to Tom's Hardware.

Intel's statement does acknowledge that the condition exists but says it doesn't cause performance issues. However, it's important to take these comments in context: First, deflection is an engineering term to describe "the degree to which a part of a structural element is displaced under a load (because it deforms)," so this is the technical term for what the enthusiast community refers to as 'bending,' 'warping,' or 'bowing.'

Second, Intel's statement that it hasn't received reports of the chips running outside of specifications means that the deflection doesn't cause the chip to run higher than the 100C maximum temperature and that any increased thermals don't cause the chip to drop below its base frequency. That doesn't mean there isn't an impact on cooling — it just isn't severe enough to cause the chip to run out of spec.

Thermalright launches Bending Corrector Frame for Alder Lake processors

Despite Intel comments, 3rd party companies are now working a solution that would prevent bending from happening. Thermalright has just released its “Bending Corrector Frame” for Alder Lake processor. It is available in two colors, and it was designed for LGA1700 socket specifically.

ngcb1ngcb1

The frame costs just 39 RMB which is 6 USD, so it is not very expensive. It’s compatibility with specific motherboards and other cooling solutions has not been confirmed, but the seller claims it supports H610, B660 and Z690 motherboards. It is not yet available for sale in other regions.

I think Intel may fix this in LGA1700 Z790, with new engineering changes probably. If I were AMD I would cash in heavily on this...their AM5 ILM is very robust and has all the fault tolerances with double screw down and more built in I think we all know that but here's a refresher.

• Thumb Up 5

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

9 hours ago, Talon said:

Just got the Corsair 7000D and Artic Freezer II 420mm setup and I am.. Less than impressed unfortunately. I really expected such a huge AIO with push/pull fans to perform a bit better than what I am seeing here. It seems to match or barely beat out my Corsair 280mm with push/pull artic fans. And this case is ridiculously huge with very little benefit other than being able to fit a 480mm rad. The cable management system on the back of case is just terrible. They seriously wasted so much space on the front of the case, literally open air, and then force you to somehow manage all of your cables and shut the back with wussy click shuts. It's so terrible. I pulled my hair out trying to get the damn cables to fit and not be bulky enough to open the wimpy door. Lian Li ran circles around this case in that department. They actually thought about cable management and gave adequate space to manage your cables, and then provided a sturdy way to slam those bad boys in there. This is just bad. Why the heck do I need all that space in the front of the rig but seriously bare minimum space to run cables? Ugh, still deciding if I'm going to just break this down and return it. 

If it wasn't my wifes birthday tomorrow I would likely pull and all nighter and do just that, but I want to be useful tomorrow lol. One upshot is that if someone ever decided to break into my home and wanted to steal this thing, they wouldn't be able to. Seriously this thing is huge and heavy AF. I go to the gym 4-5x a week and my god I am dreading trying to carry this thing to my garage down stairs to give it a bi monthly dust blowing. 

The only knock on the AC LF II is the auto pump control that scales automatically depending on load. I wish they had separated the pump for its own header to leave it running at max if so desired. Of course the upside is one header controls everything.

You might be like me and at the point of starting to slowly shift mentally to a custom loop. I don't ever see myself going full Mora, DD, chiller, etc... but a custom loop does provide much higher flow rates and bigger and better blocks for even better cooling.

As for the case, I use a Phanteks Enthroo Pro 2 and the Corsair 7000D has 13lbs extra on it (yikes). Size wise they're about the same. I'm a gym rat too but I can imagine that 7000D loaded up and moving it around won't be fun.

I'm a big proponent of if you're not happy return it. I'm not going to limp along with something that isn't providing the paid value for my uses and send it back from whence it came.

• Thumb Up 4

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

2 hours ago, Custom90gt said:

Well finally had some time to put the 12900k in the system and it's an SP87 😞

Well hopefully the IMC is much better than my 12700k since it wouldn't run my DDR5 at anything above 6400mhz. 

Yikes. Well, let's see how it pans out under real testing both bins and the IMC. I had an SP82 that was performing above an SP89 with a better IMC and clocks.

What are the P and E cores and V/F curve?

• Thumb Up 2

22 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

The only knock on the AC LF II is the auto pump control that scales automatically depending on load. I wish they had separated the pump for its own header to leave it running at max if so desired. Of course the upside is one header controls everything.

You might be like me and at the point of starting to slowly shift mentally to a custom loop. I don't ever see myself going full Mora, DD, chiller, etc... but a custom loop does provide much higher flow rates and bigger and better blocks for even better cooling.

As for the case, I use a Phanteks Enthroo Pro 2 and the Corsair 7000D has 13lbs extra on it (yikes). Size wise they're about the same. I'm a gym rat too but I can imagine that 7000D loaded up and moving it around won't be fun.

I'm a big proponent of if you're not happy return it. I'm not going to limp along with something that isn't providing the paid value for my uses and send it back from whence it came.

It is a rabbit hole. Once you go custom and realize how much you can do with it. While some AIO's have gotten better in terms of longevity, I still have D5 pumps that are 5+ years old and gone through the ringer and they perform beautifully. Same for the radiators. Stay away from DDC pumps. I never had one last more than two years without having to warranty it. 

• Thumb Up 3

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

11 hours ago, Talon said:

Just got the Corsair 7000D and Artic Freezer II 420mm setup and I am.. Less than impressed unfortunately. I really expected such a huge AIO with push/pull fans to perform a bit better than what I am seeing here. It seems to match or barely beat out my Corsair 280mm with push/pull artic fans.

The Arctic 420mm AIO use quiet and slow fans. You should swap out the fans or at least add 3 more fans for push and pull. I have disconnect the fans from the cooling head fan connector. Instead I have connected all the fans directly to the MB. Let the small VRM fan and and pump run wild by themself. A good 280mm AIO performs very well also. Even an small wimpy 240mm AIO as you can see below. I have also the EVGA 280mm AIO for my older build. They easly compete with bigger 360mm if you put up the cooler in push pull. Many of the 280mm comes often with stronger fans so the differences in cooling capacity between an average 360mm and good 280mm is not as huge as people think. Some even beat the bigger AIOs. 

image.png.d7b757edf362ecd2ae680be429f0c518.png

The drawback with stairs. I hate it for my broken lungs. I made a wheel plate for my 1000D, no stairs and thats it. Best of both worlds, LOOL

3 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

I wanted to mention Anandtech and other coverage to all folks here but I forgot about it...was occupied with my own issues. But I think most of you are aware and use heavy backplates for the AIOs and etc but still I think this consolidated post would have better information.

Enter Intels' 12th gen LGA1700 ILM disaster.

The first reports came from Igor, then we got Luumi, Buildzoid and Anandtech also report. Now Intel apparently deflected this issue. Horrible BULLFECES behavior from this company.

Check out the articles below and modify your Motherboards accordingly.  Oh no reports from Gamers Nexus, he is so busy doing his garbage takes at his horrendous gaming suite benchmarking which has like 5-8 games lol... No report from Hardware Unboxed either. I do not think even that Linus covered it at all. Well that's why I consider them at a lower category than the better ones mentioned above. Also nothing from Optimum Tech either ? Pathetic.

LGA1700: Reports of Bending Sockets

3D Printed LGA1700 Bracket Counters Alder Lake CPU Warping Disaster

Intel Comments On Alder Lake's Warping and Bending Issues, Mods Void Warranty

ngcb1ngcb1

I think Intel may fix this in LGA1700 Z790, with new engineering changes probably. If I were AMD I would cash in heavily on this...their AM5 ILM is very robust and has all the fault tolerances with double screw down and more built in I think we all know that but here's a refresher.

This is mainly a problem for those with custom loop and 100% flat cold plate. Still, Intel blundered out with this (bad engineering solution). But nice that major HW manufacturers put point on the problem and show Intel that their new ILM isn't any good.

• Thumb Up 5

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

I hate the messed up Arctic solution. Just split up everything. And add more fans for push and pull. Won't be more noisy with 8 fans if you bother/prefer tune them in for silence.  

• Thumb Up 2

Well, I got the delid done. Definite improvement, although not as amazing as I had hoped. My temps were already better than most I have seen, so that probably has something to do with it because there was less room for improvement.

I have historically had better temps with the stock IHS than I have using a Copper IHS. Unfortunately, the delid tool caused damage to the stock IHS. In order to use it I will need to lap it to fix the damage, which sucks because the main reason to have an aftermarket IHS is to keep the stock one looking new. Lapping it would totally defeat the purpose for buying an aftermarket IHS. 

I am not sure if the IHS deformation is because the 12th Gen IHS is softer metal than prior generations, if it is because it takes more force to break the solder joint, or if the RockitCool delid tool isn't made correctly. Nothing in terms of user error could cause it because all you do it put it in the pocket and tighten the lid down snugly. I also heated the IHS to soften the solder.

YU0VRY5l.jpg7ofs0Zcl.jpg

kh1nQez.jpg

• Thumb Up 6
  • Like 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Well, I got the delid done. Definite improvement, although not as amazing as I had hoped. My temps were already better than most I have seen, so that probably has something to do with it because there was less room for improvement.

I have historically had better temps with the stock IHS than I have using a Copper IHS. Unfortunately, the delid tool caused damage to the stock IHS. In order to use it I will need to lap it to fix the damage, which sucks because the main reason to have an aftermarket IHS is to keep the stock one looking new. Lapping it would totally defeat the purpose for buying an aftermarket IHS. 

I am not sure if the IHS deformation is because the 12th Gen IHS is softer metal than prior generations, if it is because it takes more force to break the solder joint, or if the RockitCool delid tool isn't made correctly. Nothing in terms of user error could cause it because all you do it put it in the pocket and tighten the lid down snugly. I also heated the IHS to soften the solder.

YU0VRY5l.jpg7ofs0Zcl.jpg

kh1nQez.jpg

~10% drop in temps (73->66) = 7c drop. Fans are running slightly less. Maybe that little bit of headroom will let you push a higher OC than before for some benchmarks. See where it separates itself from old numbers >5.2 all core.

• Thumb Up 1

4 hours ago, electrosoft said:

I'll try and give it a fair shake and see if I can manage the cables a tad more, but honestly I am likely to return the case and go with something lighter that has room for the 420mm AIO. 

The AIO, I may have been a bit too harsh on it initially. Seems like the temps are actually pretty decent and what I am seeing is that the 420mm has the ability to sustain the temps over the long haul which is nice. 

Screenshot-122.png

• Like 2
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I am not sure if the IHS deformation is because the 12th Gen IHS is softer metal than prior generations, if it is because it takes more force to break the solder joint, or if the RockitCool delid tool isn't made correctly. Nothing in terms of user error could cause it because all you do it put it in the pocket and tighten the lid down snugly. I also heated the IHS to soften the solder.

This is weird, because Intel use an thicker IHS compared to Rocket Lake and Comet Lake. Could of course be as you say that they used softer metal this time. But why change that? No much benefits doing that. Maybe it is easier to form the IHS (The processing/work becomes cheaper).

• Thumb Up 1

Just running it by you guys before i leave school and don’t have access to tools, is this alright? 

C461C701-00F1-4163-9CBA-FC15EEB78F41.jpeg

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo RTX 2070 Super | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

15 minutes ago, Papusan said:

This is weird, because Intel use an thicker IHS compared to Rocket Lake and Comet Lake. Could of course be as you say that they used softer metal this time. But why change that? No much benefits doing that. Maybe it is easier to form the IHS (The processing/work becomes cheaper).

It might be something with the delid tool not placing pressure in the ideal location. I am just glad it only scarred the top of the IHS and didn't damage the CPU. It is good that I ordered the copper IHS in the kit instead of only the delid tool by itself, otherwise I would have needed to stop and sand down the IHS before I could reassemble it. Since the stock IHS is ruined, I may as well go ahead and lap it and polish it at this point. The ONLY reason I ordered the copper IHS was to keep the stock IHS looking like new, so I'm somewhat perturbed by it for that reason. Otherwise, I would not care. My intent is to go bare die when the parts become available to do that.

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

new internets....yeaaaaaa...its fast what are you guys getting you better not best

image.thumb.png.75f99c5fdb458251bb1d4c62a02da6e1.png

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

12 minutes ago, ryan said:

new internets....yeaaaaaa...its fast what are you guys getting you better not best

image.thumb.png.75f99c5fdb458251bb1d4c62a02da6e1.png

Good, but nowhere near that good. But, it is the best I can get where I live. Everything else is slower.

image.thumb.png.64b3bf9864ff9a646d08c4dbcdd1204e.png

• Like 1

lol 730 bro what is this 1980? joking thats still fast i was getting that but shaw now offers 1.5 gb

• Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

2 hours ago, Talon said:

I'll try and give it a fair shake and see if I can manage the cables a tad more, but honestly I am likely to return the case and go with something lighter that has room for the 420mm AIO. 

The AIO, I may have been a bit too harsh on it initially. Seems like the temps are actually pretty decent and what I am seeing is that the 420mm has the ability to sustain the temps over the long haul which is nice. 

Screenshot-122.png

The 7000D is huge, but seems small and light compared to the Level 20 XT. It is not as tall, but MUCH wider (fits 2 PSU side-by-side) and depth from front to back is 26 inches... enough to set two ATX mobos next to one another... insane. But, no lack of space. I can carry it with no problem, but if I had to go up and down stairs it would be a two-person job to avoid dropping it because there is not much to hold onto.

Interesting that you had difficulty with cable management. The 5000D did not give me any challenges with that. There was enough space for everything to fit with no issues, but a little bit tight on the back side of the mobo tray. Not really any "extra" space though, and certainly not what I would categorize as "roomy"  or excess space. My preference is definitely to have more space (at least 50% more) than what is actually needed. I hate the feeling of being cramped or having to carefully plan in order for everything to fit. (I hate puzzles too, LOL... they suck.)

8 minutes ago, ryan said:

lol 730 bro what is this 1980? joking thats still fast i was getting that but shaw now offers 1.5 gb

It is actually gigabit, but since it is the only option available here that is fast enough for people that care about that the speed ends up less due to network congestion. It is still way better than the chintzy 20Mbps trash internet available from the one and only competitor available to me though.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

Despite Intel comments, 3rd party companies are now working a solution that would prevent bending from happening. Thermalright has just released its “Bending Corrector Frame” for Alder Lake processor. It is available in two colors, and it was designed for LGA1700 socket specifically.

ngcb1

I almost got excited about that for a minute, then I realized it was an aftermarket ILM replacement and not a bare die frame. Bummer.

• Bump 1

7 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Yikes. Well, let's see how it pans out under real testing both bins and the IMC. I had an SP82 that was performing above an SP89 with a better IMC and clocks.

What are the P and E cores and V/F curve?

Here is a quick pic, not sure what good values look like though.

20220421_054923.jpg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Desktop | Intel i9-12900k | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F | 2x16GB Oloy DDR5 @ 6400mhz CL32 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | AW3821DW| 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 | All under water |

Server | SM846 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7F52 | Supermicro H12SSL-I | Tesla P40 24GB | 256GB 3200MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Backup Server | SM826 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7302 | Supermicro H11SSL-I | Tesla P4 8GB | 256GB 2133MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Dell XPS 9510 | Intel  i7-11800H | RTX 3050 Ti | 16GB 3200mhz | 1TB SX8200 | 1080P |

32 minutes ago, Custom90gt said:

Here is a quick pic, not sure what good values look like though.

20220421_054923.jpg

Much better than m SP81 and SP82 I had and the SP82 was actually a decent CPU. Once you get in there and do some auto stock runs at 4.9 -> 5.x (wherever it craps out), it will let you know what you're working with pull and temps wise.

Could be a decent chip with a good IMC.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1