NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

13 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

No leaks from the 3090 Kingpin Hydro Copper. I cleaned it up really well. It’s a little

tedious reassembling and getting the seal right. And the final test for leaks is essentially firing up your PC. But, I trusted it and it was good.

I used a heat gun to heat up the glue under the EVGA plastic branding so I could get to the hex screws for the terminal. It was pretty straight forward. 

And you had no issue with the 3 O rings?

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

23 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

No leaks from the 3090 Kingpin Hydro Copper. I cleaned it up really well. It’s a little

tedious reassembling and getting the seal right. And the final test for leaks is essentially firing up your PC. But, I trusted it and it was good.

I used a heat gun to heat up the glue under the EVGA plastic branding so I could get to the hex screws for the terminal. It was pretty straight forward. 

You did a really nice job. It looked really good. Did you use some kind of polish on the plexiglass and copper? Mine doesn't have anything left on the colored areas inside of the water chambers. It's basically clear on mine now. It doesn't look bad but I didn't remember it having that frosted look until I saw yours.

9 minutes ago, johnksss said:

I sure did. I'm very fortunate to have gotten it back together with no leaks. At first I thought I was going to be having to go back to the hybrid setup because I couldn't get that stupid big o-ring back in the right place. It would move out of place when I was trying to reassemble it. I actually used water to create a little bit of surface tension to keep it from moving out of place. It's one of the most miserable water blocks I've ever taken apart for cleaning because of how the o-rings are made and how thin and fragile they seem to be.

It's in pretty stark contrast to how easy and fast it is to take apart and reassemble the EKWB block on the 2080 Ti.

• Sad 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

27 minutes ago, johnksss said:

I didn’t have any issues. I was afraid I was going to though, I remember @Mr. Foxmentioned to me the trouble he had. 

I cleaned everything up, and laid the large clear o-ring on the plexiglass, then slowly went around it with a plastic spoon pressing it in to the groove on the plexi, after it was perfect,  I laid the copper block down on the o-ring. You can’t exactly see the o-ring, so you’ve gotta go by the holes to line up the copper to the plexi and slowly lower it down. Then I slowly tightened down all of the hex screws and Philips screws that hold the plexi to the copper block. After that I torqued it all down going from outside in, then to inside out. Then I heated up the block with a heat gun just a little, and checked the torque again only going finger snug on these. But triple checking a few times over again. Then I did the terminal. Two small black oval O-rings. I installed the smaller hexes first, slowly lined up the terminal and then tightened the larger hexes. 

I plugged all of the holes with G1/4 plug fitting putting a finger on one and suction tested the block through another and held it there for about 30 seconds. It was good to go. Filled my loop, and powered it on. Not a single leak. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

13900KF

On 10/12/2022 at 2:33 PM, jaybee83 said:

oookay lots of posts to reply to after watching lord of the rings with my lady 😄 so here we go...

yeah thanks man, i feel vindicated after virtually running around like a madman. also added overnight express shipping, so card will be here tomorrow 🙂 and something was MOSDEF sus today, it seemed like shops were releasing cards in small batches before blocking their sites again. it even took like 30-40 minutes before i saw ANY cards in stock for the first time.

rofl, that card makes your case look "regular sized" even though we all know its HUGE 😄 

it depends on what kinda load ure looking at. have a looksie at the TPU cooler comparison and ull see there are definitely significant differences:

noise-normalized-temperature.png

the strix even comes close to the Suprim Liquid X, with the air cooled Suprim X just a tad behind.

u gotta be kidding me... during my crazy 1.5 hour search today i saw the following:

- FE and good AIB cards either out of stock or offered at insane prices at scalper shops or private sales

- crappy AIB cards in stock at good prices (MSRP or just slightly above)

- "meh" cards like the Gamerock or Gigabyte cards at below scalper but definitely way over their actual MSRP prices

so it was reaaaally tough to make a proper decision. im just glad i kept my cool sufficiently to compute the TPU reviews and make a decision lulz.

only small gripe i have with the Suprim X is its power limit capped at 520W, but no worries there, ill just flash a 600W vbios whenever it becomes available 😛 thats when the 26 phase VRMs will pay out mwahaha.

thats hilarious man, i was initially eyeing that exact card and psu ahaha! in the end decided otherwise, but keep us updated on how they fare (especially when maxxed out).

So far it seems to be faring, with it's lower TDP max, but it will more than likly drop further as more cards hit the ranks.

yep thats exactly what i saw today, only the "trashy" cards in stock... 😅 but at least at or close to the MSRP!

thats what im hoping for@kicking themselves! i also saw a LOT of scalper prices, both from private sellers AND shops! but i told myself id rather go empty handed today than give such pricks my money! NOT WITH ME!

The prices we see at MSRP are really mid to up level MSRP. MSRP is like 5 levels of pricing. That's  why Nvidia was able to drop so low to dump 30 series cards and not lose as much as people would like to believe. I base this on looking at some of my customers accounting databases and what is charged and how it's charged and calculated based off of MSRP pricing.

push that trash to its limits! 🤣

I'm going to sure try!🤣

absolutely agree. encountered that exact scenario today, been planning my build forever and suddenly all changed.

thats what happens when the Nvidiots dont allow any AIB reviews to be published until the card sales launch, ugh... disgusting tactics.

Indeed!

• Bump 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

10 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I didn’t have any issues. I was afraid I was going to though, I remember @Mr. Foxmentioned to me the trouble he had. 

I cleaned everything up, and laid the large clear o-ring on the plexiglass, then slowly went around it with a plastic spoon pressing it in to the groove on the plexi, after it was perfect,  I laid the copper block down on the o-ring. You can’t exactly see the o-ring, so you’ve gotta go by the holes to line up the copper to the plexi and slowly lower it down. Then I slowly tightened down all of the hex screws and Philips screws that hold the plexi to the copper block. After that I torqued it all down going from outside in, then to inside out. Then I heated up the block with a heat gun just a little, and checked the torque again only going finger snug on these. But triple checking a few times over again. Then I did the terminal. Two small black oval O-rings. I installed the smaller hexes first, slowly lined up the terminal and then tightened the larger hexes. 

I plugged all of the holes with G1/4 plug fitting putting a finger on one and suction tested the block through another and held it there for about 30 seconds. It was good to go. Filled my loop, and powered it on. Not a single leak. 

Same, I had no issues, but forgot about the small black o-rings. I had to order more then fit them in place, But then found out you don't even have to take that part apart either. You leave the 2 hex screws in place and it comes apart with the plexiglass.🤦‍♂️😄

• Thumb Up 2

Hwbot Profile

Yeah, I am not sure why my o-ring kept trying to pop out of the groove. I really do not like how thin and fragile it seems, or how shallow the groove for it is. Maybe next time I will use a silicone spray lubricant to help it stay put. Using water worked but it made faint water spots/lines on the dry copper areas around the screws after the water dried up. Using silicone spray would solve that and should not harm the plexiglass or the o-ring.

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

52 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yeah, I am not sure why my o-ring kept trying to pop out of the groove. I really do not like how thin and fragile it seems, or how shallow the groove for it is. Maybe next time I will use a silicone spray lubricant to help it stay put. Using water worked but it made faint water spots/lines on the dry copper areas around the screws after the water dried up. Using silicone spray would solve that and should not harm the plexiglass or the o-ring.

Your o-ring could have twisted up on you. I know when I first laid my O-ring down, it looked it wanted to pop up in areas when I pressed down on one area of it anywhere. So I just slowly and lightly pressed all the way around it, until it looked like it kind of wanted to stay there. 

I know my temps are amazing so far. I’ve got my water temp locked to 60F. GPU is running 29C, and the memory t-junction is only 48C. GPU2 temp is 32C. This is while using the 1KW XOC bios. RDR2 heavy load for about 1 hour now at 500 watts. GPU hot spot says 41C. MEM 1/2/3 are all between 25-30C.

I had new thermal pads for the GPU, except for the rear PCB full cover Fujipoly pad. I re-used that one again I used alcohol and a tooth brush to clean the rear PCB. I was out of thermal paste, and I had to use a tiny amount of KPX, and Kryonaut Extreme. So, I mixed them together and it turned in to some kind of purple thermal paste lol. It works really well on the die too. 

• Thumb Up 2

13900KF

I have the Dark Power Pro 12 PSU. Nice seeing BeQuiet finallly is out with the new 12VHPWR PCI-E ADAPTER CABLE. I have to order it because the cable adapter from Nvidia and the AIB partners is so damn ugly. This will look a lot nicer in the chassis than the big cluster with cable mess🙂 And they offer 3 years manufacturer warranty for this cable. Not 10 years as for the PSU🙃

image.png.e05cc6ed3c73d82e2e99944b60a767a9.png

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

3 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I have the Dark Power Pro 12 PSU. Nice seeing BeQuiet finallly is out with the new 12VHPWR PCI-E ADAPTER CABLE. I have to order it because the cable adapter from Nvidia and the AIB partners is so damn ugly. This will look a lot nicer in the chassis than the big cluster with cable mess🙂

I like having the single cable as well, but man that bend angle is murder though!😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hwbot Profile

21 minutes ago, johnksss said:

I like having the single cable as well, but man that bend angle is murder though!😂

Maybe I should buy two?😁 Swap it out with a new while its time, HaHa

Btw, the Corsair 1000D is a huge chassis so more than enough space for the bend🙂

From my calculation. This new cable costs around 5% vs what the whole PSU costs. Should have been a free upgrade.

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

54 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Maybe I should buy two?😁 Swap it out with a new while its time, HaHa

Btw, the Corsair 1000D is a huge chassis so more than enough space for the bend🙂

From my calculation. This new cable costs around 5% vs what the whole PSU costs. Should have been a free upgrade.

Here is my bend.

FXJdon7.jpg

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

This benchmark is very disappointing in much the same way that Port Royal is. Just another crummy limited measurement  benchmark. Doesn't have any measurement of system performance apart from GPU. You could actually own a pathetic system with a powerful GPU and get a nice score. It's not even very interesting to watch. Since it is primarily focused on what seems to be an effort to be entertaining maybe having audio would have made It a little less pathetic. I guess probably the nicest thing I can say about it is that you don't have to be bored for as long as you do when running Port Royal. It seems like you just barely getting started and it's already over. I can't imagine a video card getting overheated it's so short.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/sw/12118/sw/12132#

That is kind of the purpose though.... It's suppose to be GPU only. Plenty of other benchmarks that use cpu, memory and optimizations to improve ones score. 

And some of these benchmarks one does not want to wait for 5 minutes for it to finish. 🤣

It actually pushed it to the max though....

Although this seems to be an Intel bench though. And Windows 10 seems to be on top. 🙂

pMC0UI8.png

• Thumb Up 2

Hwbot Profile

On 10/12/2022 at 2:00 PM, Etern4l said:

Sorry, I cannot add any more reactions today, but thanks a lot in advance.

nuok3VB.png

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Hwbot Profile

24 minutes ago, johnksss said:

Here is my bend.

FXJdon7.jpg

That is kind of the purpose though.... It's suppose to be GPU only. Plenty of other benchmarks that use cpu, memory and optimizations to improve ones score. 

And some of these benchmarks one does not want to wait for 5 minutes for it to finish. 🤣

It actually pushed it to the max though....

Although this seems to be an Intel bench though. And Windows 10 seems to be on top. 🙂

pMC0UI8.png

Hey I saw some cheap waterblocks for the Zotac RTX4090’s. Are you going to put a waterblock on there? Or are you planning to run another 4090? Is that art eraser around the CPU for the water chiller? 

13900KF

This certainly won't be holding first place for 3090 for long. Not using the chiller, Classified tool or running max OC, so somewhat of a half-hearted effort on my part.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5098117_ | https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/80935901

image_id_2777312.jpeg

• Thumb Up 2

2 hours ago, tps3443 said:

Hey I saw some cheap waterblocks for the Zotac RTX4090’s. Are you going to put a waterblock on there? Or are you planning to run another 4090? Is that art eraser around the CPU for the water chiller? 

No, I'm not keeping this card. No way I'm going to run a 4090 while the 4090 TI is lurking (Although I have my warranty which allows for me to get all my money back later down the line. Minus the warranty part.). And still waiting to see about surpassing the 600W PSU limit. Is that limit written into the 40 series cards? So that if you try to by pass using the 600W cable with just using 4 PCIE cables, will it allow for more watts. Still a few variables floating about before making a judgment purchase. The 3090 runs all my games just fine so no need to jump on the early adoption of a new card.🙂

No, that is not art eraser, but instead it's just insulation tape. It's crazy humid here so the condensation is REAL!

Edit:

Yep, I'm out of watts.....😭

RjGpqCJ.png

• Thumb Up 4
  • Sad 1

Hwbot Profile

4 hours ago, johnksss said:

nuok3VB.png

Thanks a lot bro, very interesting. So looking at the single precision FLOPS, theoretically there should be about 10.5x improvement over a single 2060S, however, it's "only" 7.8x faster. Probably the limitation of the WDDM Windows driver model. Almost certainly the fast TCC mode is still locked on this $2k card ($2k is peanuts in terms of Nvidia pro GPU pricing, which is the point), I won't even bother asking someone to check this. Well, more indirect evidence it's time to move to Linux, as even Ubuntu is now 4% faster than Win11 on ADL, and Clear pulls 8% ahead on average (ex any CUDA performance improvements).

https://www.phoronix.com/review/windows-linux-mid22adl/7

+8% and no more Capability Access Manager Service spinning up randomly taking up 25% CPU? I'll take that, installing this weekend.

BTW SHA-1 Hash is only +3x vs 2060S - so Nvidia are still continuing with the anti-mining throttle in the driver, even though mining is dead and buried and someone might want to use their $2k card to compute hashes for other purposes. Must be mining boom nostalgia 😁 I mean AMD please step up, we need a plan B here and fast.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

There are some rumors that RDNA 3 cannot keep up with 4090, not sure if rasterization or in RT, hope only RT.. And that they will be delayed until December but maybe will support dp2.1 which is great against 4090 1.4😐  I mean ill be happy if the 7900xt will be 80% of 4090 but around 1000 dollar price. Well see, but December launch is rally bad..

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-7000-rdna-3-launch-december-difficult-to-compete-with-nvidia-rtx-40-gpus-rumor/

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

8 hours ago, Papusan said:

I have the Dark Power Pro 12 PSU. Nice seeing BeQuiet finallly is out with the new 12VHPWR PCI-E ADAPTER CABLE. I have to order it because the cable adapter from Nvidia and the AIB partners is so damn ugly. This will look a lot nicer in the chassis than the big cluster with cable mess🙂 And they offer 3 years manufacturer warranty for this cable. Not 10 years as for the PSU🙃

Wonder if EVGA will come up with an equivalent product, although presumably any cable, including the ones from BeQuiet or Corsair would work with EVGA PSUs.

1 hour ago, cylix said:

There are some rumors that RDNA 3 cannot keep up with 4090, not sure if rasterization or in RT, hope only RT.. And that they will be delayed until December. 😐  I mean ill be happy if the 7900xt will be 80% of 4090 but around 1000 dollar price. Well see, but December launch is rally bad..

Well, it's not going to be as easy as vs Intel in the CPU space (and it's not actually even that easy there), since they don't have the process advantage. But of course, Nvidia can take away rational customer choice, but they can't take away our effective free market competition dreams 😉

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

4 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Wonder if EVGA will come up with an equivalent product, although presumably any cable, including the ones from BeQuiet or Corsair would work with EVGA PSUs.

Mixing cables between differnt brands PSU's is a bad idea. As for etc the Bequiet's new 12VHPWR PCI-E ADAPTER CABLE, you can clearly see the difference in the socket design on the PSU side of the cable. People need to do their due dilligence. You can't etc put in an 12 pin socket into an 8 pin🙂 Not all cables is vired exactly the same way into the PSU sockets. Neither do they use same socket design. All quality PSU manufacturers will deliver this cable if the PSU  is strong enough for Nvidia's specs.

image.png.e74946b21dc9c363f2835f8332d0b979.png

You can find a lot more info about this topic if you gooogle....... 

PSA: Mixing Modular PSU Cables Can Kill Components

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Hands 1

18 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Mixing cables between differnt brands PSU's is a bad idea. As for etc the Bequiet's new 12VHPWR PCI-E ADAPTER CABLE, you can clearly see the difference in the socket design on the PSU side of the cable. People need to do their due dilligence. You can't etc put in an 12 pin socket into an 8 pin🙂 Not all cables is vired exactly the same way into the PSU sockets. Neither do they use same socket design. All quality PSU manufacturers will deliver this cable if the PSU  is strong enough for Nvidia's specs.

image.png.e74946b21dc9c363f2835f8332d0b979.png

You can find a lot more info about this topic if you gooogle....... 

PSA: Mixing Modular PSU Cables Can Kill Components

Thank you again bro, very useful. Hopefully EVGA doesn't exit the PSU business before they offer a 12VHPWR cable, since I just ordered a SuperNova 1600 T2...

+ karma and virtual reps 🙂

Edit: I was talking specifically about reusing the 2x8pin PCIe->12VHPWR adapter, but still probably best to contact EVGA support and not assume their 8pin PCIe sockets are industry standard.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

-- Max Tegmark

5 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Thanks a lot bro, very interesting. So looking at the single precision FLOPS, theoretically there should be about 10.5x improvement over a single 2060S, however, it's "only" 7.8x faster. Probably the limitation of the WDDM Windows driver model. Almost certainly the fast TCC mode is still locked on this $2k card ($2k is peanuts in terms of Nvidia pro GPU pricing, which is the point), I won't even bother asking someone to check this. Well, more indirect evidence it's time to move to Linux, as even Ubuntu is now 4% faster than Win11 on ADL, and Clear pulls 8% ahead on average (ex any CUDA performance improvements).

https://www.phoronix.com/review/windows-linux-mid22adl/7

+8% and no more Capability Access Manager Service spinning up randomly taking up 25% CPU? I'll take that, installing this weekend.

BTW SHA-1 Hash is only +3x vs 2060S - so Nvidia are still continuing with the anti-mining throttle in the driver, even though mining is dead and buried and someone might want to use their $2k card to compute hashes for other purposes. Must be mining boom nostalgia 😁 I mean AMD please step up, we need a plan B here and fast.

No problem. Sorry it took so long though.

Also to add I will need to rerun it as I think that is over clocked.

• Thumb Up 1

Hwbot Profile

Just now, johnksss said:

No problem. Sorry it took so long though.

Also to add I will need to rerun it as I think that is over clocked.

No worries about the impact of OC on my account, as I was just looking for ballpark numbers. Many thanks again.

-- Max Tegmark

3 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

No worries about the impact of OC on my account, as I was just looking for ballpark numbers. Many thanks again.

I'm running it again now stock. Lets see how much of a difference there is.🙂

Edit:

Stock

InY5SNb.png

Over clocked to like 3000/1500(12000)

nuok3VB.png

• Thumb Up 3

Hwbot Profile

On 10/14/2022 at 5:01 PM, Etern4l said:

Thank you again bro, very useful. Hopefully EVGA doesn't exit the PSU business before they offer a 12VHPWR cable, since I just ordered a SuperNova 1600 T2...

+ karma and virtual reps 🙂

Edit: I was talking specifically about reusing the 2x8pin PCIe->12VHPWR adapter, but still probably best to contact EVGA support and not assume their 8pin PCIe sockets are industry standard.

Thanks. I send karma and reps back.

I would also be very sceptical to buy many of the fancy cable mod virus out there. They scrimp on the wire gauge (use higher AWG) thickness to make them softer to ease the cable management. Aka fancy and easy over functionality. Going from 16 wire gauge to etc 19 is just dumb only for the design/ease of cable management. But people want it pretty, easy and kute, Huuu? Oh'well 🙂

Edit. Look from 55 sec. Enjoy 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, johnksss said:

I'm running it again now stock. Lets see how much of a difference there is.🙂

Since you are so thorough, I took a look at the free version of Geekbench 5 and in fact it has a CUDA benchmark as well (just need to change OpenCL to CUDA in the dropdown). Would you care to run that as well?

I'm quite sceptical of Geekbench, and indeed the CUDA benchmark is a bit short, but OTOH it should take just a moment of your time. Probably the best thing about it is that that it is cross-platform, so I/we can later boot to Ubuntu or Pop live USB and see if there is any difference.

-- Max Tegmark