NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

nice freebee @Papusan not bad at all. Im thinking of getting a refurbished desktop on the 27th. I might just bite the bullet and piece it out. buy one or two components each month, gives me time to learn how to piece it all together, probably not very difficult. Best buy has a ton of good deals on refurbished desktops and now its just a matter of finding the best deal.

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

watched the video its not click bait. But I think it doesn't delve in deep enough to explain anything other than he bought 8000mhz ram and is using it. kinda funny

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

watched the video its not click bait. But I think it doesn't delve in deep enough to explain anything other than he bought 8000mhz ram and is using it. kinda funny

Thanks, given your massive experience with DDR5 overclocking, that opinion really means a lot.

On a more basic level, looks like you missed the part where he mentioned all the BIOS tweaks. Relatively little discussion of testing though (just skipped through most of it, so apologies if I missed that). In my experience it's very difficult to get DDR5 OC hacks to work really long term stable, so this stuff is good for some light benching or gaming, and then people end up saying ridiculous things like "great setup, passed all the tests - just crashed in BF or The Last of Us".  Most synthetic memory test tools (including the free, 8-core limited, version of Memtest86) are surprisingly bad at picking up anything other than gross memory faults.

• Haha 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

woah a touch on the mean side.

anyways onto more positive things broke my old score.

Screenshot-17.png

more to life than being M, benchmarking 😛

deleted...waste of breath

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Sometimes Bill's videos can be too painful and boring to watch from end to end. The guy is super smart, but there is often too much rambling about stuff I don't care about. The problem is if you skip through it and don't pay close attention you can miss something really important because he sprinkles valuable little nuggets here and there among the ramblings. So, it is best to endure the rambling if you want to extract useful information. I've gotten a lot of useful information from his videos, but I don't watch them if my time is limited or my attention is divided. I do enjoy his smugness and sarcasm, and I think I would get along with him well at a personal level.

I suspect that he has less experience with AMD memory overclocking. Most of his videos relates to GPUs and Intel-powered systems. The concepts are similar but the difference in working values and settings are often misleading or not understood. Some settings on one platform do not exist on the other, or they are obscured by different terminology and naming conventions. Beyond benchmark scores it can be difficult to compare Intel and AMD overclocking. What works for one often will not work for the other.

At the end of the day, the only things that matters are the experience and the benchmark scores. If you're not happy with both, or frustrated with the experience, then you're on the wrong path and need to do something else.

• Thumb Up 5

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

21 minutes ago, ryan said:

woah a touch on the mean side.

anyways onto more positive things broke my old score.

Screenshot-17.png

more to life than being M, benchmarking 😛

deleted...waste of breath

When you speak in a public domain, you will be subject to criticism, such is life. Hertzian left because he got a slap on the hand for posting swastika's, not due to "negativity", then proceeded to break numerous rules on his way out, and is still welcome to post here but Im sure ego will prevent that from occurring.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

The mirrored video image is a little bit annoying, but otherwise this is pretty crazy stuff. Incredible that it actually worked. Brother @ryanI bet you could get back into desktops without a huge investment doing it this way.

• Thumb Up 4

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

On 8/10/2023 at 3:09 AM, Papusan said:

It worked completely fine so it has to be good... Maybe the blue color was the reason for the slow melt? What color on the adapter will reduce the chance for melt and fire? The red or the blue pill adapter?😀 What color is it on your adapter @electrosoft Maybe take the chance if the adapter is Red?😁 Even the shipping carton CM use is of bad quality.

r/cablemod - Another one

Yep, there are some stupids out there...

On 8/10/2023 at 10:39 PM, Papusan said:

Is there any official Recall statement or something like it from Cablemod about 90-180 deg. adapters?

Maybe every company out there should do the same so they don't destroy own reputation? Aka being slammed by media. Etc Dell sneak in unwanted firmware so their crapware perform worse. What a dishonest business. 

What a Joke....  We are rewarding all early adopters who purchased a V1 Angled Adapter.

Why not offer badges as well ? As etc with the text....I have been screwed by CableMod....

Or "I was the lucky one"... No melting.

Dang. The black colored CM adapters won't help to stop the melting. Yep, not even "all black"😀Hmmm, LOOL

On 8/11/2023 at 4:04 AM, Papusan said:

Here's an new old desktop. This one have almost exactly the same CPU air cooler as Dell use for their new modern high end  gaming flagship jokes, HaHa

OLE-1
large?v=v2&px=999

Even Dell Alienwares brand new 2023 model have same cooler, LOOL

Here’s what the default air cooling will look like.

As you can see, Dell innovate as usual. And the chassis is the same old they have used the last decade. Only changed  some of the plastic details on the outside. I didn't know Dell was so funny. 

Very fun. The same cooler as the modern Alienware gaming flagship desktop is perfectly adequate for 54W CPU's. And Dell's thermal engineer Travis North think this mini air-cooler is good enough for 13th gen 13900K processors in their small pc chassis. No overheating here as the Alienware. Temp max out around 58C. I'm sure former Alienware boss Mr. Asor would be damn proud of the air cooler Lenovo opted for their mini desktops, LOOL

The new desktop have only a single DDR4 stick so will see if I can buy a cheap mem module for dual channel.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5329289_papusan_cinebench___r23_multi_core_with_benchmate_pentium_g4560_2264_cb?recalculate=true

2965320.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/5329556_papusan_cinebench___r20_pentium_g4560_864_cb?recalculate=true

2965547.jpg

Hmm... Is these pcie strimer extension kits with loads of bling bling popular? Or is it for the very few? What I see in these is only disgusting. I wonder how long I need to wait to see when bro @Mr. Fox will make reviews of them😁 Yep, it will be fun to see how his pc's will looks like 🙂

CDN media

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

23 hours ago, Papusan said:

Here's an new desktop. Will be used as backup or and an extra server. Got it for free so it will have a nice life in Papusan's plaza. I expect the cooling is on par with last gen Alienware Aurora desktop. This one have almost exactly the same air cooler as Dell used for their gaming flagship, HaHa

OLE-0

OLE-1

Here's Dell's gaming flagship with it's fantastic aiir cooler... The only difference between the Lenovo is the Cpu fan flip over on the opposite side😁

large?v=v2&px=999

Even Dell Alienwares brand new 2023 model have same cooler, LOOL

Here’s what the default air cooling will look like.

As you can see, Dell innovate as usual. And the chassis is the same old they have used the last decade. Only changed  some of the plastic details on the outside. I didn't know Dell was so funny. 

Dell committed to their green promises and recycling old parts. (but we all know it's e-waste)

13 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Sometimes Bill's videos can be too painful and boring to watch from end to end. The guy is super smart, but there is often too much rambling about stuff I don't care about. The problem is if you skip through it and don't pay close attention you can miss something really important because he sprinkles valuable little nuggets here and there among the ramblings. So, it is best to endure the rambling if you want to extract useful information. I've gotten a lot of useful information from his videos, but I don't watch them if my time is limited or my attention is divided. I do enjoy his smugness and sarcasm, and I think I would get along with him well at a personal level.

I suspect that he has less experience with AMD memory overclocking. Most of his videos relates to GPUs and Intel-powered systems. The concepts are similar but the difference in working values and settings are often misleading or not understood. Some settings on one platform do not exist on the other, or they are obscured by different terminology and naming conventions. Beyond benchmark scores it can be difficult to compare Intel and AMD overclocking. What works for one often will not work for the other.

At the end of the day, the only things that matters are the experience and the benchmark scores. If you're not happy with both, or frustrated with the experience, then you're on the wrong path and need to do something else.

I owe my ram overclocking experience to BZ. Without his long videos (sprinkling greviences, pitfalls and past experiences) I wouldn't have stepped foot into ram overclocking.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1
ASUS Strix Scar 17
Ryzen 9 7945HX
CB R23: 37202
32GB x2 DDR5 6000 CL34 Hynix A-die
RTX 4090 Laptop (Shunt modded)
Firestrike graphics: 58 334 || Timespy graphics: 27049 ||
Port Royal: 17013 || Steel Nomad DX12: 6639

On 7/20/2023 at 1:18 PM, Rage Set said:

I picked up the EK-Nucleus 360 during the Newegg sale to test for myself, as it appears on top of the charts in most AIO reviews. Hopefully EK improved on its fan durability.

I plan on using it during test builds and when they are complete, move to either an air cooler or custom loop. I eagerly await your review. I am going to test it first with AMD. 

On 8/10/2023 at 8:34 PM, Mr. Fox said:

Here it is, bro. 👍

The latest entry in EK's treasure. the EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 DARK. They have introduced a host of enhancements over previous generations of their AIO offerings, including a new design of the CPU block and PWM pump. The new EK-Nucleus is available in both 240mm and 360mm variations, in white and black RGB, and the Dark (non-RGB) version that we are reviewing today. [read more here]

image.png

Great review as always bro Fox. Good job🙂 But look at this one below.... If you say the EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 DARK is close to custom cooling... Then look at this new fancy AIO from Lian li. 5C lower temp vs the EK AIO you reviewed under max load is quite good. I haven't taken account the noise level. Just the pure cooling performance. So this looks quite good. But I expect it will fall back vs an good custom cooling with loads north of 400W.

Conclusion:

I had expected the Galahad II’s performance to be, at best, a 1-2C improvement over it’s competitors. When I first measured these results, I literally couldn’t believe my eyes; a 9% improvement in cooling dissipation is practically unheard of in this market. 

YGpnYTBpdq6moLeJu5a9UR.png

Lian Li Galahad II Performance Review: A New Level of Liquid Cooling Excellence

The strongest AIO we’ve ever tested, at a reasonable price

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

2800mhz mem, 3200mhz core, bench stable with the new water block on the xtx!

TS Top.jpg

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Great review as always bro Fox. Good job🙂 But look at this one below.... If you say the EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 DARK is close to custom cooling... Then look at this new fancy AIO from Lian li. 5C lower temp vs the EK AIO you reviewed under max load is quite good. I haven't taken account the noise level. Just the pure cooling performance. So this looks quite good. But I expect it will fall back vs an good custom cooling with loads north of 400W.

Conclusion:

I had expected the Galahad II’s performance to be, at best, a 1-2C improvement over it’s competitors. When I first measured these results, I literally couldn’t believe my eyes; a 9% improvement in cooling dissipation is practically unheard of in this market. 

Look at the increased size of the block and refined cold plate. That thing looks and performs great noise normalized (lol, no thank you) and full tilt.

5c drop is pretty substantial.

They offer a 240mm version too with the same cooling system. That and the especially compact LxW of the mount makes it a potential ITX slayer too able to mount on just about every ITX board out there.

25 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

2800mhz mem, 3200mhz core, bench stable with the new water block on the xtx!

TS Top.jpg

Yessir! At least one of us picked up the best air cooled 7900xtx out there and super sized it with water . Now you're cooking!

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Conclusion:

Thank you, brother.

The question I would have is were the ambient temperatures at least 5°C lower than mine? I would guess my ambient temperature was at least 5°C higher. If that's true, maybe it's not better. did they disclose the ambient temperatures when testing each AIO and run the comparison with each system in the same operating conditions? If they did not then the results may not be accurate. If they did and did not disclose it, they should so that question does not go unanswered. I haven't read the review(s).

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Thank you, brother.

The question I would have is were the ambient temperatures at least 5°C lower than mine? I would guess my ambient temperature was at least 5°C higher. If that's true, maybe it's not better.

28 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

5c drop is pretty substantial.

This in bolded text above doesn't matter.

I hope they test the diffeent coolers at around same ambient. And the new Lian li cooler crushed the others (included the new EK Nucleus CR360 AIO). See... I don't compare with your review. This is within tests from Tomshardware'. 5C colder is massive gain with an AIO vs others as etc the EK Nucleus.

-------------_________________________________________________________________________________

Look at this.... Intel may going retarded. So they don't want that the Pc enhusiasts can reduce CPU temps anymore? Do they really hate delidding this much? Soon you can't touch the IHS before one of the caps scrap of the PCB. Why use caps all around the whole PCB? Stupid's!!!!!

retard

https://wccftech.com/alleged-intel-meteor-lake-s-lga-1851-desktop-cpu-pictured-in-the-wild/

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 4

Was initially skeptical of that Tom review, but the specs are indeed awesome. The coldplate looks very similar to my DeepCool LT720, but that’s where the contest ends: the LianLi has a whopping 4200 RPM pump and a 32mm radiator (edit:  3000RPM fans are also included...). Game over, totally explains the performance improvement. Looks like the strongest 360 AIO on the market hands down. Shame about the proprietary fan connectors though. The preinstalled fans are not ideal either for people who would rather use third party options, but indeed those fans looks so strong most people would have little reason to upgrade them.

https://lian-li.com/product/galahad-ii-trinity-performance/

• Thumb Up 3

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

50 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I hope they test the diffeent coolers at around same ambient. And the new Lian li cooler crushed the others (included the new EK Nucleus CR360 AIO). See... I don't compare with your review. This is within tests from Tomshardware'. 5C colder is massive gain with an AIO vs others as etc the EK Nucleus.

I was editing my post when my power went out because I tripped the circuit breaker while benching. I was going to change it to ask if they controlled the ambient temperatures in comparing the AIO results. If they did not disclose that and take the steps necessary to do that then the results may not be accurate for the comparison between any of them. Hopefully they did. I have not looked at the review.

Yeah that's extremely retarded about the caps around the perimeter of the IHS. I guess I would have to break out my soldering station to take the caps out of the way to do the delid and then solder them back again. I'm sure that someone like Roman will figure a way to do it because they did the same idiotic moron thing on the latest AMD processors with caps all around the perimeter. Where there's a will there's a way, but it's still idiotic that Intel or AMD would build a processor that way. Totally sucks.

I'm probably not going to upgrade anything for a long time so they'll have time to figure that out before I do, if I ever do. The way things are trending I can see myself losing interest in the hobby, and especially losing interest in wasting so much money on overpriced garbage.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I was editing my post when my power went out because I tripped the circuit breaker while benching.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5329954_ | https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/98374064

Same run above GPU score only: https://hwbot.org/submission/5329955_

https://hwbot.org/submission/5329959_ | https://www.3dmark.com/spy/40812238

https://hwbot.org/submission/5329976_ | https://valid.x86.fr/6fjmjp

CPU-Z bench single: 1025.3 | 18714.8

That's all for today. My ambient temperatures have increased and now the chiller can't get as cold as it was when I started. GPU boost won't go high enough.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yeah that's extremely retarded about the caps around the perimeter of the IHS. I guess I would have to break out my soldering station to take the caps out of the way to do the delid and then solder them back again. I'm sure that someone like Roman will figure a way to do it because they did the same idiotic moron thing on the latest AMD processors with caps all around the perimeter. Where there's a will there's a way, but it's still idiotic that Intel or AMD would build a processor that way. Totally sucks.

As you can see... No caps on top of the PCB for the newer Ryzen chips. Hence why you can delidde this Cpu. Intel should never ever start put caps on both sides on the PCB and with no wiggling room for the IHS to move. Hope they change own stupid ideas. Same also change to less sticky glue. And for the records.... Their helpers, the so called elite oc'ers (nowadays HW influencers) that promote them use LN2 and they don't usually remove the IHS. 

amd

Btw. Gamers Nexus touch into the new Joke from Dell Alienware... Proprietary design to save the earth, LOOL

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

Was initially skeptical of that Tom review, but the specs are indeed awesome. The coldplate looks very similar to my DeepCool LT720, but that’s where the contest ends: the LianLi has a whopping 4200 RPM pump and a 32mm radiator (edit:  3000RPM fans are also included...). Game over, totally explains the performance improvement. Looks like the strongest 360 AIO on the market hands down. Shame about the proprietary fan connectors though. The preinstalled fans are not ideal either for people who would rather use third party options, but indeed those fans looks so strong most people would have little reason to upgrade them.

https://lian-li.com/product/galahad-ii-trinity-performance/

I think I'm going to pick up at least the 240mm version to swap into my ITX build. 13900ks is already running full tilt crazy cool with a low end ID Cooling 280mm. Let's see what this one will bring to the plate.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Did they disclose the ambient temperatures when testing each AIO and run the comparison with each system in the same operating conditions? If they did not then the results may not be accurate. If they did and did not disclose it, they should so that question does not go unanswered. I haven't read the review(s)

From their test procedure....

Testing Methodology
All testing is performed at a 23 degrees Celsius ambient room temperature. Multiple thermal tests are run on each CPU to test the cooler in a variety of conditions, and acoustic measurements are taken with each result. These tests include: 

1. Noise-normalized testing at low noise levels

2. “Out-of-the-box”/default configuration thermal & acoustics testing.

a.)  This means no power limits on Intel’s i7-13700K.

b.) Because CPUs normally hit Tjmax in this scenario, the best way to compare cooling strength is by recording the total CPU package power consumption.

• Thumb Up 1

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

From their test procedure....

Testing Methodology
All testing is performed at a 23 degrees Celsius ambient room temperature. Multiple thermal tests are run on each CPU to test the cooler in a variety of conditions, and acoustic measurements are taken with each result. These tests include: 

1. Noise-normalized testing at low noise levels

2. “Out-of-the-box”/default configuration thermal & acoustics testing.

a.)  This means no power limits on Intel’s i7-13700K.

b.) Because CPUs normally hit Tjmax in this scenario, the best way to compare cooling strength is by recording the total CPU package power consumption.

That's good. Glad they did that. As long as everything remains consistent in the testing, the other conditions are not that important if the intent is to compare them to one another. I took a similar approach to try to replicate the miserable state of tuning that would be likely on the average gamer noob setup. 

My office is seldom that cool. I wish I could keep it at 23°C or lower, but it is nearly impossible to get it that cool in the summer months. Usually 25-26°C (78-80°F) is about is cool as I can get it with the AC set to 69-70°F. I need to do something like add a booster fan in my central AC duct or something because the rest of the house stays nice and cool. Even in the dead of winter it is difficult to get it down to 69-70°F (20-21°C).

I think the main take-away from my cooler testing was confirmation of what all of us already knew. If you're using ambient cooling for air or water, you will never be able to be cooler than the environment, even with a zero degree delta. The fact that the EK AIO and my custom loop had nearly identical temperatures was a direct reflection of that law of physics.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Papusan said:

-------------_________________________________________________________________________________

Look at this.... Intel may going retarded. So they don't want that the Pc enhusiasts can reduce CPU temps anymore? Do they really hate delidding this much? Soon you can't touch the IHS before one of the caps scrap of the PCB. Why use caps all around the whole PCB? Stupid's!!!!!

retard

https://wccftech.com/alleged-intel-meteor-lake-s-lga-1851-desktop-cpu-pictured-in-the-wild/

Incoming new retention frames because this is an even more extreme rectangle.

There will always be ways to delid even if you have to vice grip + heat gun and manually top/side lift the IHS off but it isn't mass market reproduce-able. Intel isn't trying to make it easier to delid their CPUs so cap placement isn't their concern. 😞

• Thumb Up 5
  • Bump 1