NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

16 hours ago, Raiderman said:

@Mr. FoxIt takes a degree in trigonometry to know if the human eye can distinguish between 1080p, and 4K. Viewing andle, pixel pitch, distance from the screen ....blah, blah.. I myself believe it's marketing BS. I cannot tell the difference between 1080, 1440, 4K. My eyes can however, see the difference in low refresh rate screens. 60hz and lower flickers like a florescent bulb.

https://www.techspot.com/article/1113-4k-monitor-see-difference/

I agree in terms of picture quality, but it is super easy to tell the difference in screen real estate. Going from 1080p to 1440p is a massive leap and 4K even more so. As long as you leave the scaling to 100% (where it belongs) a 4K screen is literally the equivalent of four 1080p monitors.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I agree in terms of picture quality, but is a super easy to tell the difference in screen real estate. Going from 1080p to 1440p is a massive leap and 4K even more so. As long as you leave the scaling to 100% (where it belongs) a 4K screen is literally the equivalent of four 1080p monitors.

Im working on converting all my work displays to 65" 4K HDTV's, its cheaper than replacing/adding monitors for my volume. Plus it also gives some eye candy for when they shop out the room to future clients. I would basically be using 4x 1080p multiviewers (splitting the physical screen to 9 systems) into 1 4K multiviewer (=36 systems). I also have devices that allow me to control all PC's at the same time via 1 keyboard. 

I really need to take a course or something on cable management though. Routing your cables neatly in a single pc is fine of course but when you have 4 cables per pc, thats 144 cables on a single "cart" or wireframe shelf. I even have QMK for semi-automating what I need for each of my projects.

Looking forward to 4K :) 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I have two tvs one 4k one 1080p. on the couch I can't tell the difference in clairity but up close and at 100 percent scaling its pretty enjoyable, sharp and more space to work with. but all of this is obvious. people sometimes argue 4k is clearer even from 10 feet away, shrugs.

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

6 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Welp, today was the final day for my 8000mhz ram to be delivered, and guess what ....ya, you guessed it, a no show. Now I have to file a claim with Newegg for a lost package, that looks to me like it was never shipped. 🤬 Now another 5 to 7 business days for them to resolve my claim....what a joke. I could be losing sleep right now trying to hit 8000 MHz....smdh

@Papusansorry bro about the yuck you are going through. I hate the heat too. 35c here in Idaho today.

@Mr. FoxIt takes a degree in trigonometry to know if the human eye can distinguish between 1080p, and 4K. Viewing angle, pixel pitch, distance from the screen ....blah, blah.. I myself believe it's marketing BS. I cannot tell the difference between 1080, 1440, 4K. My eyes can however, see the difference in low refresh rate screens. 60hz and lower flickers like a florescent bulb.

https://www.techspot.com/article/1113-4k-monitor-see-difference/

I would never order from NewEgg, even back when I was building OC'ing machines, they were the shadiest of shades.  Hundreds of stories just like yours. Pay your money, get a "tracking number" and nothing ever show up....fight for months to get your money back (if you could).  Good luck in getting it all resolved. As for 4k/1080.  It's a "real" thing, but you have to have your nose on the screens to notice it.  Now, color accuracy, gamut etc are all things you can clearly interpret with the naked eye. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

18 hours ago, Papusan said:

Home l can fix temperature with an oven. Here l have nothing. Only a fan. Last year we had access to air cooling. Now only a fan 😞 35C inside is awful. And this isn’t what I’m used to. 20C is the norm home. 

When you can’t control this and temp even go higher im screwed. And only 35-40 % remaining lung capacity doesn’t help with this. I don’t know what to do now. They can’t fix me an portable AC. Life sometimes sucks. Exactly as jokeboks. I hate it!

Can you buy something like this to hold you over?  

LG Electronics 8,000 BTU DOE/SACC (11,000 BTU ASHRAE) Portable Air Conditioner with Remote | The Home Depot Canada

• Thumb Up 4

9 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I already have a 3-monitor desk mount with three  curved AOC 1080p 144Hz IPS 24-inchers, but large enough for three 27's. But that would defeat the purpose of buying it. Which was/is to free up desk space without massively sacrificing screen real estate. Three 24-inch monitors is wider than a normal desk. It looks, feels and is very cramped in my tiny office. Will see how it goes. It shipped already early this morning.

i have a nice comparison between my workspace at the office and at home: 2x27inch 1080p monitors vs. 1x32inch 4K display.

to be totally honest: with regards to available workspace, those two are more or less the same to me (the 4k has higher gamut and brightness so nicer picture 😋 and less head movement back n forth due to just one display to focus on)

8 hours ago, Raiderman said:

I could be losing sleep right now trying to hit 8000 MHz....smdh

@Papusan

haha i loved that comment 😁 sorry to hear about that "lost order" bud...fingers crossed all goes well!

7 hours ago, Reciever said:

Im working on converting all my work displays to 65" 4K HDTV's, its cheaper than replacing/adding monitors for my volume. Plus it also gives some eye candy for when they shop out the room to future clients. I would basically be using 4x 1080p multiviewers (splitting the physical screen to 9 systems) into 1 4K multiviewer (=36 systems). I also have devices that allow me to control all PC's at the same time via 1 keyboard. 

I really need to take a course or something on cable management though. Routing your cables neatly in a single pc is fine of course but when you have 4 cables per pc, thats 144 cables on a single "cart" or wireframe shelf. I even have QMK for semi-automating what I need for each of my projects.

Looking forward to 4K 🙂

lulz here we have a full crapton of enthusiasts basically always going overboard with everything...enter bro @Recievergiving overkill a completely new meaning 😂65 inch 4K displays for work, dayum! hahaha

• Haha 4

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

22 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

i have a nice comparison between my workspace at the office and at home: 2x27inch 1080p monitors vs. 1x32inch 4K display.

to be totally honest: with regards to available workspace, those two are more or less the same to me (the 4k has higher gamut and brightness so nicer picture 😋 and less head movement back n forth due to just one display to focus on)

haha i loved that comment 😁 sorry to hear about that "lost order" bud...fingers crossed all goes well!

lulz here we have a full crapton of enthusiasts basically always going overboard with everything...enter bro @Recievergiving overkill a completely new meaning 😂65 inch 4K displays for work, dayum! hahaha

I'll snap some pictures of my mockups for you guys in a bit lol 

• Thumb Up 4

The thing I don't like about two monitors is the lack of symmetry. I'm a real freak that way. I don't want the seam in the middle because that's annoying and you're always looking left or right to the primary monitor. If you put the primary monitor straight in front of you then your desk configuration is lopsided with more room on one side than the other. Three monitors fixes that problem with the primary in the middle and the left and right peripheral displays available for me to drag my application windows to each side such as Outlook, calendar and instant message windows, while keeping the thing I am actively working on directly in front of me. And then yeah... Good luck having room for anything else on your desk. Because of my goofy OCD it will probably be either one 4K, or 1K+4K+1K, with 4K being the primary display in the middle. The number of hours I spend working in Excel and PowerBI each day, it'll be easy to lose any tolerance I have now for 1080p. The idea of sharing primary screen space with peripheral applications makes me feel grumpy before I have even tried it. I suspect in no small part because of the annoyance and distraction those applications (necessary evils) represent during the course of a normal work day, LoL.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

PXL_20230829_115752796.jpg

This is how it was setup when I started working here, 2x16 KVM's, works fine. Problem is you can only view 2 systems at a time and if you lose signal or never had it when booting you had to cycle the system, reseat cables, try another cable as it doesnt return when re-plugging with the system live. 

PXL_20230829_115804220.jpg

This method allows me to use 9 systems per monitor, totaling 36 on this cart, with the synchronizer and QMK I can run all production at the same time. Instead of producing 2 at a time, I now run 36 in real time. Think CCTV monitors and how they crop a display, but for PC's.

PXL_20230829_115817408.jpg

This mock up is to see if there is enough physical real estate to make sense of the approach. 4K HDTV is cheaper than 4 1080P monitors these days. basically you take the setup prior and add another "multiviewer" in front of it so that everything outputs to 1 single panel.

If everything is wired up appropriately, I could scale up into hundreds of systems from one keyboard with no remote software, no network dependencies and even simplify processes with QMK. 

Im not doing photoshop or sending emails off these things, that would be hell lol, this is just provisioning, Autopilot, SCCM/MDT deployments things of that nature. So I just need to see enough to make sure I am making the right configurations for each client.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1
  • Bump 3

50 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

The thing I don't like about two monitors is the lack of symmetry. I'm a real freak that way. I don't want the seam in the middle because that's annoying and you're always looking left or right to the primary monitor. If you put the primary monitor straight in front of you then your desk configuration is lopsided with more room on one side than the other. Three monitors fixes that problem with the primary in the middle and the left and right peripheral displays available for me to drag my application windows to each side such as Outlook, calendar and instant message windows, while keeping the thing I am actively working on directly in front of me. And then yeah... Good luck having room for anything else on your desk. Because of my goofy OCD it will probably be either one 4K, or 1K+4K+1K, with 4K being the primary display in the middle. The number of hours I spend working in Excel and PowerBI each day, it'll be easy to lose any tolerance I have now for 1080p. The idea of sharing primary screen space with peripheral applications makes me feel grumpy before I have even tried it. I suspect in no small part because of the annoyance and distraction those applications (necessary evils) represent during the course of a normal work day, LoL.

You are like myself. I feel the same way.  I have to have everything symmetrical too.  In my eyes 2 monitors in the setup I have is symmetrical, If, like yourself, if I had one centered and the the other to the side, it would drive me bonkers!  I get it!

All my stereos, tv etc volumes are all on even numbers too.  Same with all my heaters.   

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kojack said:

You are like myself. I feel the same way.  I have to have everything symmetrical too.  In my eyes 2 monitors in the setup I have is symmetrical, If, like yourself, if I had one centered and the the other to the side, it would drive me bonkers!  I get it!

All my stereos, tv etc volumes are all on even numbers too.  Same with all my heaters.   

It's too funny how our brains work. It's a fault that I love and hope never gets fixed, LOL. A picture is worth 1,000 words. As you can see, this monopolizes my desk. If I can not feel like I am going insane using one 4K display (TBD) I might actually be able to put my computer next to the monitor on my desk instead of on a microwave cart next to it.

7bCp2vd.jpg

1 hour ago, Reciever said:

PXL_20230829_115752796.jpg

This is how it was setup when I started working here, 2x16 KVM's, works fine. Problem is you can only view 2 systems at a time and if you lose signal or never had it when booting you had to cycle the system, reseat cables, try another cable as it doesnt return when re-plugging with the system live. 

PXL_20230829_115804220.jpg

This method allows me to use 9 systems per monitor, totaling 36 on this cart, with the synchronizer and QMK I can run all production at the same time. Instead of producing 2 at a time, I now run 36 in real time. Think CCTV monitors and how they crop a display, but for PC's.

PXL_20230829_115817408.jpg

This mock up is to see if there is enough physical real estate to make sense of the approach. 4K HDTV is cheaper than 4 1080P monitors these days. basically you take the setup prior and add another "multiviewer" in front of it so that everything outputs to 1 single panel.

If everything is wired up appropriately, I could scale up into hundreds of systems from one keyboard with no remote software, no network dependencies and even simplify processes with QMK. 

Im not doing photoshop or sending emails off these things, that would be hell lol, this is just provisioning, Autopilot, SCCM/MDT deployments things of that nature. So I just need to see enough to make sure I am making the right configurations for each client.

OK. I feel better now. A cluttered workspace is better than a cluttered mind. 🤣

That's quite the command center... wow, 36 controlled from one station. Crazy. What kind of KVM switch can do that?

On another note, rubbish designed by an idiot (like this) makes it hard to take a brand seriously. This proprietary abortion is about as stupid as an Alienware and equally disgusting to look at.

Recent drama aside... what Linus does best... purpose-driven entertainment. 

• Thumb Up 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

It's too funny how our brains work. It's a fault that I love and hope never gets fixed, LOL. A picture is worth 1,000 words. As you can see, this monopolizes my desk. If I can not feel like I am going insane using one 4K display (TBD) I might actually be able to put my computer next to the monitor on my desk instead of on a microwave cart next to it.

7bCp2vd.jpg

OK. I feel better now. A cluttered workspace is better than a cluttered mind. 🤣

That's quite the command center... wow, 36 controlled from one station. Crazy. What kind of KVM switch can do that?

On another note, rubbish designed by an idiot (like this) makes it hard to take a brand seriously. This proprietary abortion is about as stupid as an Alienware and equally disgusting to look at.

Recent drama aside... what Linus does best... purpose-driven entertainment. 

I dont use KVM's anymore, too limiting. Great for granular stuff if needed though. I use a multiviewer, basically taking multiple inputs and cropping into one display. 

https://www.amazon.com/XOLORspace-Multiviewer-Screen-Seamless-Switching/dp/B0862DS8J4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?crid=23H1YD9EGA0IR&keywords=multiviewer+9+port&qid=1693322779&sprefix=multiviewer+9+port+%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-2-fkmr0&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.c3015c4a-46bb-44b9-81a4-dc28e6d374b3

What I use to control all of them are USB synchronizers, kind of a flimsy product but it gets the job done. 

https://www.amazon.com/GUODDM-Ports-USB-Synchronizer-Synchronization/dp/B0BM7J5P96/ref=sr_1_20?crid=2HPHRQNC25HJF&keywords=usb+synchronizer&qid=1693323003&sprefix=usb+synchronizer%2Caps%2C101&sr=8-20&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

My home station right is a bit of a mess, mostly because I am running 2 desktops now, benchmarking one while I work on some certifications on the other until that is wrapped up. Finally can start doing some SLI/Xfire benchmarks when the winter time hits.

• Thumb Up 6

On 8/28/2023 at 9:38 AM, Papusan said:

Home l can fix temperature with an oven. Here l have nothing. Only a fan. Last year we had access to air cooling. Now only a fan 😞 35C inside is awful. And this isn’t what I’m used to. 20C is the norm home. 

When you can’t control this and temp even go higher im screwed. And only 35-40 % remaining lung capacity doesn’t help with this. I don’t know what to do now. They can’t fix me an portable AC. Life sometimes sucks. Exactly as jokeboks. I hate it!

That really sucks and i hope you'll be aight man.

The most important to do in a heatwave is to stay hydrated as much as possible, Drinking water, sports drinks (Zero Sugar), or Coconut water. Try to avoid sugary drinks and especially alcohol because they'll dehydrate you faster. You can try buy a portable AC unit as a temp solution like @kojack suggested.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Bump 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

Thanks all. Still on a fan. Not happy pay several hundreds for a AC I have to trash before the flight home. 

tomorrow’s new tech will be awful. 

https://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/37089-asus-kabelfria-stromforsorjning-for-grafikkort-blir-ny-standard

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

The guy that unlocked nvflash for 40 series flash, full sent his 4090 with 1.3v (using external elmor labs) LOL. 1175w and it now rests in Valhalla. 

But he took the world record for Solar Bay just previous to this run lol. 

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=sb P&cpuId=&gpuId=1509&gpuCount=0&gpuType=ALL&deviceType=ALL&storageModel=ALL&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Thanks all. Still on a fan. Not happy pay several hundreds for a AC I have to trash before the flight home. 

tomorrow’s new tech will be awful. 

https://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/37089-asus-kabelfria-stromforsorjning-for-grafikkort-blir-ny-standard

Yeah that would be a lot of money to spend on something that you can't take back home on the plane to Norway.

Today's PC tech lacks nothing in terms of crappiness but there's always tomorrow, and it usually gets worse in time rather than better. That's the new way now. Stupid people give birth to  stupid people. Or should I say, stupid people give birth to babies they ruin by training to become stupid people. With the assistance of like-minded sheeple they surround themselves with, they almost always turn out to be more stupid than the generation of idiots that raised them. The GIGO principle applies to people, and they apply that to tech, among other things.

29 minutes ago, Talon said:

The guy that unlocked nvflash for 40 series flash, full sent his 4090 with 1.3v (using external elmor labs) LOL. 1175w and it now rests in Valhalla. 

But he took the world record for Solar Bay just previous to this run lol. 

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=sb P&cpuId=&gpuId=1509&gpuCount=0&gpuType=ALL&deviceType=ALL&storageModel=ALL&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

If the 4090 is so poorly engineered that it can't handle 1.300V with ease that is extremely unfortunate. If it were engineered correctly it would handle 1.500V or more. The 3090 KPE laughed at 1.450V overclocks and begged for more, with artificial low temperature algorithm-castrated thermal throttling being the only limitation. Hopefully it was a defect in his GPU specifically and not a defect that plagues everything in the entire product line. If something as low, boring and unimpressive as 1.300V killed it, then it wasn't engineered correctly. That's baby-girl voltage that should only be scary for sketchy turdbooks with inadequate and half-assed circuitry.

• Thumb Up 3

38 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yeah that would be a lot of money to spend on something that you can't take back home on the plane to Norway.

Today's PC tech lacks nothing in terms of crappiness but there's always tomorrow, and it usually gets worse in time rather than better. That's the new way now. Stupid people give birth to  stupid people. Or should I say, stupid people give birth to babies they ruin by training to become stupid people. With the assistance of like-minded sheeple they surround themselves with, they almost always turn out to be more stupid than the generation of idiots that raised them. The GIGO principle applies to people, and they apply that to tech, among other things.

If the 4090 is so poorly engineered that it can't handle 1.300V with ease that is extremely unfortunate. If it were engineered correctly it would handle 1.500V or more. The 3090 KPE laughed at 1.450V overclocks and begged for more, with artificial low temperature algorithm-castrated thermal throttling being the only limitation. Hopefully it was a defect in his GPU specifically and not a defect that plagues everything in the entire product line. If something as low, boring and unimpressive as 1.300V killed it, then it wasn't engineered correctly. That's baby-girl voltage that should only be scary for sketchy turdbooks with inadequate and half-assed circuitry.

It's possible he blew a fuse on the card? Hopefully he updates us when he pulls the block. 

• Thumb Up 3
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

There is almost no point in sending more than 1.150v through the 4090. Temp and power consumption will explode. Got that info from the oc”er I got the 4090 HOF XOC vBios and tools from. He warned me about use it without care. And he is on very cold water loop. I have air cooling so that makes it even worse. Also the Hof XOC vBios doesn’t have thermal limit. I think Asus one is built as the HOF one. That’s a drawback with cards that pull 666W in stock configuration. Rather slightly diminishing results if temps go wacko due no thermal limits. I will try more with the XOC in the winter but I’m sure aircooling doesn’t help much with 800-900w. Or even +1000w as the fried card.Today’s tech is more fragile when they squeeze out the most of it. You need an chiller and sub 30C minus to make use the increased possibilities with the XOC firmware and tools. 

The modern Ryzen 3D Cashe chip just shows how fragile it has become. Smaller node makes things worse. 

• Thumb Up 4

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

43 minutes ago, Papusan said:

There is almost no point in sending more than 1.150v through the 4090. Temp and power consumption will explode. Got that info from the oc”er I got the 4090 HOF XOC vBios and tools from. He warned me about use it without care. And he is on cold water loop. I have air cooling so that makes it even worse. Also the Hof XOC vBios doesn’t have thermal limit. I think Asus one is built as the HOF one. Rather slightly diminishing results if temps go wacko. I will try more in the winter but I’m sure aircooling doesn’t help with 800-900w. Today’s tech is more fragile when they squeeze out the most of it. You need an chiller and sub 30C to make use the increased possibilities with the XOC firmware and tools. 

The modern Ryzen 3D Cashe chip just shows how fragile it has become. Smaller node makes things worse. 

These are exactly my findings. The 40 series seem to hit a voltage wall around 1.13-1.15v. Even though my XOC 4080 vBIOS can push 1.195v, there is absolutely no use for it unless doing LN2 or similar. You can't cool it and the chip does not seem to scale with it unless using crazy exotic cooling. I've actually just been using the regular Asus 420w vBIOS on this 4080 as 1.11v seems to be plenty until I decide if I really want to tinker with water on an 80 series card. 

RTX-4080-Legendary-Solar-Bay.png

Had to go back and beat my old score and show them it wasn't a once off. #1 and #2 are mine. They can have bronze. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Talon said:

These are exactly my findings. The 40 series seem to hit a voltage wall around 1.13-1.15v. Even though my XOC 4080 vBIOS can push 1.195v, there is absolutely no use for it unless doing LN2 or similar. You can't cool it and the chip does not seem to scale with it unless using crazy exotic cooling. I've actually just been using the regular Asus 420w vBIOS on this 4080 as 1.11v seems to be plenty until I decide if I really want to tinker with water on an 80 series card. 

RTX-4080-Legendary-Solar-Bay.png

Had to go back and beat my old score and show them it wasn't a once off. #1 and #2 are mine. They can have bronze. 

You have to wonder why Nvidia preferred 1.070V for the new revision of 4090 silicon. New slim edition cards is on the horizon. Maybe they can’t handle 1.100v. And burned up AIB cards also didn’t help them to stay with 1.100V

More disgusting are soon here. Slim serie, or slimy editions @Mr. Fox https://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/37084-msi-bantar-geforce-rtx-4000-serien-med-ny-slim-serie

And the new power connector as Asus prefers on the next gen MB and graphics cards don’t sugar it up. Yep on top of 16 power pins it will have 12 signal pins. Be you sure nvidia knows how to use those 12 new pins to control all power to the cards and from the board. Oc’ing graphics cards as we know it today will be worse. And nvidia will thigten all new loopholes with custom flash software. 

Then the 3rd disgusting…. MB that will come with all power connectors on the backside of the board. Aka you need a new chassis. You probably also need a new benchtable as well. What a beauty for the nearest future. 

• Thumb Up 2

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

You have to wonder why Nvidia preferred 1.070V for the new revision of 4090 silicon. New slim edition cards is on the horizon. Maybe they can’t handle 1.100v. And burned up AIB cards also didn’t help them to stay with 1.100V

More disgusting are soon here. Slim serie, or slimy editions @Mr. Fox https://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/37084-msi-bantar-geforce-rtx-4000-serien-med-ny-slim-serie

And the new power connector as Asus prefers on the next gen MB and graphics cards don’t sugar it up. Yep on top of 16 power pins it will have 12 signal pins. Be you sure nvidia knows how to use those 12 new pins to control all power to the cards and from the board. Oc’ing graphics cards as we know it today will be worse. And nvidia will thigten all new loopholes with custom flash software. 

Then the 3rd disgusting…. MB that will come with all power connectors on the backside of the board. Aka you need a new chassis. You probably also need a new benchtable as well. What a beauty for the nearest future. 

Yup, the suckfest is swiftly turning into a suck-o-rama extravaganza. It was bad enough for the thin and light fanboi clown posse to ruin everything by turning all laptops into emasculated BGA turdbooks. Now their brain-dead psychopath stupidity is turning the desktop computing experience into a circle-jerk venture to be valued only by idiots, losers and pansies. They should stop eating junk food and focus on becoming less disgusting human beings by making themselves thinner and lighter instead of ruining desktop computers (and components) by making them thinner and lighter.

A glimpse of the new graphics cards was already presented during Computex and they are aimed specifically at enthusiasts who build in small computer cases, all the way down to compact SFF formats. In total, the new series includes five siblings from the Geforce RTX 4000 series – RTX 4090, RTX 4080, RTX 4070 Ti, RTX 4070 and finally RTX 4060 Ti.

Buckle up and brace yourself. Stupidity is about to get more stupid.

"God made fools in order that life might be more tolerable to people of wit. What distresses me is to see that human genius has limits and human stupidity has none."

- Alexadre Dumas

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

Strange product. The slimmer form factor would work well for multi-GPU builds (not for pure gaming), but in that case the FE is better anyway with the blower design.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Buckle up and brace yourself. Stupidity is about to get more stupid.

Remember you aren’t young and trendy gamer. You are the last breed of performance enthusiasts. We doesn’t fit into this sick madness. And I don’t think @Talon who is younger than us two will accept this either. The modern world is on the way becoming crazy. 

Gaming now involves fusion with other lifestyles that aims to be trendy, unique, and inspiring. COLORFIRE gets its inspiration from trending styles and concepts, popular animation, cute characters, and others.

https://videocardz.com/press-release/colorful-colorfire-introduces-geforce-rtx-4060-gpus-b760m-motherboard-and-custom-chassis-from-meow-series

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2