NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

Guys and gals,I gotta say it Starwars Outlaws is one of the best games I have played in a few years now. I don’t know what to say.. Also, 3DMark Speedway, and 3Dmark Steel Nomad are using buildings and objects from this exact game it seems like. There are moments where I feel like I am walking through the steel Nomad Benchmark lol. Or riding on the Speedway motorcycle lol.

Anyways, this game is worth the $70 bucks easily... Just wait until you get to the 1st world, and complete a few missions. I am absolutely blown away by this title. I have been playing it for about 6+ hours straight today, I stayed up until 4am playing it last night too. I haven’t done this in years. It’s better than Starfield, and better than Cyberpunk 2077 too.  You get more and more freedom as you progress further in the game. I was not expecting this at all. And once you hit outer space for the first time after your ship is repaired you really realize how fantastic this title is. 🤯

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

13900KF

On 8/31/2024 at 6:27 AM, ryan said:

interesting stuff. in other news

gods angry papusans not wearing his microcode crocks

Northern lights shine in night sky as lava spews from erupting volcano in Iceland | Watch (msn.com)

That looks like hot as hell😁 Here home... The last summer day today, no sun and warming 13C. Can't beat that summer temp. Maybe I should travel longer North to find the real heat, LOOL

bad.jpg

This summer have been a disaster. I can't remember it has been so bad. And all 3 summer months have been darn awful. Look at the black line graph and you can see max temps for every day in etc July 2024. Only one day above 20C. I take that Volcano heat in Island any day over this😁

bad-1.png

On 8/30/2024 at 4:45 PM, Papusan said:

Tech (performance) enthusiast have no value for todays/tomorrows tech industry. The tech performance enthusiasts being pushed further out into the cold.

More disgusting, but from Intel..... Power efficient Cpu's for Mobile computing and ARC GPU's for AI is the future.

bad-2.jpg

Also AMD don't bother offer maximum peformance. They go for maximum profits instead.

https://hothardware.com/news/amds-upcoming-radeon-rx-8000-rdna-4-gpus-may-not-have-a-geforce-rtx-5090

• Sad 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

I've been testing the preview update for 24H2 and I'm not seeing much of a difference on my AMD platform but I am seeing marginal gains on my Intel platform.

I've also been testing a lot of the Xpac on both setups and swapped GPUs back and forth and I'm finding Intel is really offering a much more seamless and smooth experience in the caverns of The War Within (TWW). I plan on running some other tests soon as I continue to collect more data and try different configs. We have to wait for raids to open up to get some better metrics.

Still looking forward to your results on the 905p @tps3443!

• Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

@Papusan yeah thats pretty hot. its hot here also. I don't know about global warming but its really scary seeing the arctic areas hitting 30c

@tps3443 IM SOLD..

can you get the game on a ea play pass or something just to check it out?

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

4 hours ago, electrosoft said:

I've been testing the preview update for 24H2 and I'm not seeing much of a difference on my AMD platform but I am seeing marginal gains on my Intel platform.

I've also been testing a lot of the Xpac on both setups and swapped GPUs back and forth and I'm finding Intel is really offering a much more seamless and smooth experience in the caverns of The War Within (TWW). I plan on running some other tests soon as I continue to collect more data and try different configs. We have to wait for raids to open up to get some better metrics.

Still looking forward to your results on the 905p @tps3443!

Should have it sometime next week. It’s really needed for the Starwars Outlaws game in some rare instances when outdoors. 

1 hour ago, ryan said:

@Papusan yeah thats pretty hot. its hot here also. I don't know about global warming but its really scary seeing the arctic areas hitting 30c

@tps3443 IM SOLD..

can you get the game on a ea play pass or something just to check it out?

It is the most amazing game! Makes me think Ubisoft is back on top! They use to make the best games years ago. The older Far Cry games, older Assassins Creed games etc. And the. They started pushing out cookie cutter games in all sorts of Genres. These games were only good for one thing, launching the game, maxing it out, looking at the graphics, playing for about an hour, then immediately losing interest. 

Take a look at this video below.

This title is a master piece to me. I can’t put it down. You are free to do whatever you please for the most part. The only thing I wish they would have incorporated was picking up bodies and hiding them lol. But the title is so amazing, I can easily look past that. 

This is only the beginning, Ubisoft can now fine tune this master piece in to whatever. Maybe with further updates, or releasing a 2nd one in the future. But this is the type of game we love. It has very small “rpg” hints to it, where your decision in game will have an outcome. It’s just a great game, all the fancy tech we want and pay for in our hardware is used in this title, and the 4090 runs it well! I was honestly not expecting this. I mean… Am I high right now or something? This is a really sweet game lol.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

13900KF

5 hours ago, tps3443 said:

It is the most amazing game! Makes me think Ubisoft is back on top! This title is a master piece to me. I can’t put it down. 

What temps do you reach on your 4090 in this game? +80C seems damn hot😎 Try same settings and see how it goes. Fan speed is locked at 70% and 4090 Sunprime X.

• Haha 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

1 hour ago, Prema said:

@tps3443

Start the game with -unlockmaxsettings command to unlock the hidden "outlaw" graphics mode. 😉

This will also allow us to set RTX Direct Lighting to MAX.

20240901_004335.thumb.jpg.5af0f47a02f86c05613389799919ed0e.jpg

Trying Outlaw settings now! It’s gorgeous. Love this game. 

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

What temps do you reach on your 4090 in this game? +80C seems damn hot😎 Try same settings and see how it goes. Fan speed is locked at 70%.

It doesn’t get that warm for me. My GPU has no extra fans on it, only its own fans. And I am hitting 67c@575+ watts. Game has been running about 3 hours now. 

IMG-4278.jpg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

13900KF

Yeah watched 10 min of the df video. This seems to be the graphics king crysis s big brother. Uses literally every cutting edge technique available, so yes now I have a reason to upgrade. After watching the video I'm baffled so few are praising the graphics, like what are people comparing it to

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

18 minutes ago, ryan said:

Yeah watched 10 min of the df video. This seems to be the graphics king crysis s big brother. Uses literally every cutting edge technique available, so yes now I have a reason to upgrade. After watching the video I'm baffled so few are praising the graphics, like what are people comparing it to

People are nuts man, this is the best game we’ve gotten in years lol. For 1080P/1440P you don’t need anything too crazy to run this title. And even 4K maxed runs really really well. That is so long as you have DLSS3 with Frame Gen. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

yeah Im just about to get it..might hold off 3 days....but its going to be a buy for me, you have sane tastes typically so im liking what i read. I checked out a few 3060 vids, runs it pretty good on ultra 1080p dlss..roughly 40fps so a nice framerate which will feel twice as smooth as 30fps as the frametimes are double 30fps. I would like to check it out in 4k but im afraid my mistake in not buying a desktop is to blame, dont pay dont play kinda agreement.

completely maxed all setting and features enabled at 4k, what are your framerates? are they above 39fps?

too add...it looks like the difference between medium and maxed is substaintial..ive been waiting years for this to be the case.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

31 minutes ago, ryan said:

yeah Im just about to get it..might hold off 3 days....but its going to be a buy for me, you have sane tastes typically so im liking what i read. I checked out a few 3060 vids, runs it pretty good on ultra 1080p dlss..roughly 40fps so a nice framerate which will feel twice as smooth as 30fps as the frametimes are double 30fps. I would like to check it out in 4k but im afraid my mistake in not buying a desktop is to blame, dont pay dont play kinda agreement.

completely maxed all setting and features enabled at 4k, what are your framerates? are they above 39fps?

too add...it looks like the difference between medium and maxed is substaintial..ive been waiting years for this to be the case.

This game runs fantastic at 4K+DLSS Quality+Frame Gen+ full Ultra Graphics detail, I average about 75fps almost always. At times it is beyond 110+ walking around indoors on a huge Starship or something, while it can drop to 60fps in demanding grassy areas where it’s rendering ray traced shadows on a gazillion glades of grass lol. But usually 70-90fps is where it’s always at. The 4090 gets it done. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

dude, thats wild...actually got me to chuckle its so good..WOW

is that a cgi cutscene, I remember the tomb raider cutscenes when i was a kid, imagine if they looked that good...now its reversed, the game looks better than the old cgi..this game looks like its on avatar level of realism

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 minute ago, ryan said:

dude, thats wild...actually got me to chuckle its so good..WOW

is that a cgi cutscene, I remember the tomb raider cutscenes when i was a kid, imagine if they looked that good...now its reversed, the game looks better than the old cgi..this game looks like its on avatar level of realism

I tried Avatar but the fighting animations and explosions were just so awful. I felt like it looked beautiful when exploring, after that wore off the game its self wasn’t all that great. Maybe I’ll try it again some day. It’s hard to think the same developers as Avatar made this game lol.

I’m going to be curious how this title looks on Console, maybe the new PS5 Pro will benefit from a nice hardware boost. 

These fancy graphics are awesome

though. And yes the in game graphics are actually better than cutscenes. 

@Prema my game closes to desktop randomly when using Outlaw graphics settings. Seeing how I regularly keep this title open for long hours, I removed the command line, and went back to Ultra. I think that’s just for testing purposes anyways. It seemed to run okay performance wise, just the random closing to desktop without an error isn’t cutting it for me. 😎

• Thumb Up 2

13900KF

6 hours ago, tps3443 said:

I tried Avatar but the fighting animations and explosions were just so awful. I felt like it looked beautiful when exploring, after that wore off the game its self wasn’t all that great. Maybe I’ll try it again some day. It’s hard to think the same developers as Avatar made this game lol.

I’m going to be curious how this title looks on Console, maybe the new PS5 Pro will benefit from a nice hardware boost. 

These fancy graphics are awesome

though. And yes the in game graphics are actually better than cutscenes. 

@Prema my game closes to desktop randomly when using Outlaw graphics settings. Seeing how I regularly keep this title open for long hours, I removed the command line, and went back to Ultra. I think that’s just for testing purposes anyways. It seemed to run okay performance wise, just the random closing to desktop without an error isn’t cutting it for me. 😎

Try with the DLSS files manually updated or use DLSS updater.

https://github.com/Recol/DLSS-Updater/releases

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

10 hours ago, tps3443 said:

It doesn’t get that warm for me. My GPU has no extra fans on it, only its own fans. And I am hitting 67c@575+ watts. Game has been running about 3 hours now.

IMG-4278.jpg

Something has to be quite different in the settings. Because the Suprim X run at around 40-45 FPS and the card is cooking at +80C. And that 4090 card haven't bad cooling @electrosoft from what I know.

6 hours ago, Papusan said:

Something has to be quite different in the settings. Because the Suprim X run at around 40-45 FPS and the card is cooking at +80C. And that 4090 card haven't bad cooling @electrosoft from what I know.

I tested my 4090 Gaming OC last night after you posted that at the full 100% fan speed, it was 59-61c.

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

7 hours ago, Papusan said:

Something is seriously wrong if it is running at +80C. Depending on game/benchmark/settings, I usually see anywhere from 53c to 61c on average on my Suprim Liquid X 4090 and it could probably use a repaste as I am still using the stock factory paste.

• Thumb Up 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

41 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I tested my 4090 Gaming OC last night after you posted that at the full 100% fan speed, it was 59-61c.

Sounds about right considering you are on an open bench so that card gets all that fresh air. 🙂

• Thumb Up 1

@Prema I just logged in to share updater and noticed you beat me to it. I havent even finished installing it . I hope it helps in rdr2..

did you see any gains and does this updater allow fg on older titles?

• Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

Something is seriously wrong if it is running at +80C. Depending on game/benchmark/settings, I usually see anywhere from 53c to 61c on average on my Suprim Liquid X 4090 and it could probably use a repaste as I am still using the stock factory paste.

As I said, this card is boiling slowly to death. Wonder why he don't bother do something about it. What I see is around 65-70C for the different 4090's in this game. Probably depending on what fan speed settings they use. And what ambient temp they have in the "kids" room🤐 As well the 4090 is already above 1 year so with what Igorslab said about cheapo thermal paste, then expect higher temps than what the cards had right out from the shop. 

bad.jpg

• Haha 1

lol @Papusan kids room...I wish you would be nicer to the cross dressing gamerbois/lol we are seriously not that bad, its not like the atari days. the old are now gone and the young old..times have changed and most games cater to the  older crowd..heck just loading a game and benching or playing for 10 min can be enjoyable, not like you have to wear a viking costume and dance while playing witcher3 ect...love your comments but honestly its not that bad.

• Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 9/1/2024 at 9:53 PM, ryan said:

lol @Papusan kids room...I wish you would be nicer to the cross dressing gamerbois/lol we are seriously not that bad, its not like the atari days. the old are now gone and the young old..times have changed and most games cater to the  older crowd..heck just loading a game and benching or playing for 10 min can be enjoyable, not like you have to wear a viking costume and dance while playing witcher3 ect...love your comments but honestly its not that bad.

Quite a few gamer boys are the reason we've gotten to where we are today (flooded with trashware and jokeware). But I'm not going to cut everyone across the board. Some is damn awesome. Just look into this forum. But I don't want to change the course because of the damage🙂

Exactly what the modern gamer-boys/girls want... 

AmtQeFMYk5ByQjfRFqL9CP-650-80.jpg.webp

On 8/31/2024 at 1:26 PM, Papusan said:

More disgusting, but from Intel..... Power efficient Cpu's for Mobile computing and ARC GPU's for AI is the future.

bad-2.jpg

Also AMD don't bother offer maximum peformance. They go for m

Aiming for the battery life crown.... And Single threaded performance is more important than ever. 

Intel launches Lunar Lake: claims Arm-beating battery life, world’s fastest mobile CPU cores

Dell Unveils Core Ultra 200V “Lunar Lake” Power XPS 13 Laptop, Up To 26 Hours Battery Time Starting at $1399

Back to more appealing stuff......

Thermal Grizzly Presents RGB-infused Intel Mycro Direct-Die RGB PRO V1 Water block

Press Release by  Yesterday
Thermal Grizzly Holding GmbH presents the Intel Mycro Direct-Die RGB PRO V1, an optimized version of the Intel Mycro Direct-Die water cooler. In addition to a new design, the Pro version offers one thing above all: better cooling performance! Various changes to the microfin structure of the base plate, combined with a revised water flow, enable up to 6 degrees Celsius lower processor temperatures under full load.

Source: Thermal Grizzly - $141.59

Test: Alphacool quick connectors overclocking.com
https://overclocking.com/test-raccords-rapides-de-chez-alphacool/
  • Thumb Up 1