NotebookTalk

And NBR is dead!

joluke

9 minutes ago, Reciever said:

I thought that might be the case initially, as he still has his original role to fulfill. Spartan deserves better, if you are in contact with him please let him know that he is always welcome here.

I'll let him know.

• Thumb Up 2

Desktop | Intel i9-12900k | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F | 2x16GB Oloy DDR5 @ 6400mhz CL32 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | AW3821DW| 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 | All under water |

Server | SM846 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7F52 | Supermicro H12SSL-I | Tesla P40 24GB | 256GB 3200MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Backup Server | SM826 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7302 | Supermicro H11SSL-I | Tesla P4 8GB | 256GB 2133MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Dell XPS 9510 | Intel  i7-11800H | RTX 3050 Ti | 16GB 3200mhz | 1TB SX8200 | 1080P |

Even if Spartan owns the domain and he can simply have it automatically redirect here or even set up the dns to redirect to this site.  That way, he can still even feel like he's helped out--must be awfully disheartening to have done all that work and have it all deleted like that. :(

• Thumb Up 5

5 hours ago, joluke said:

imagem.thumb.png.7462538a83f3f38cf07d88d471da207a.png

If you can, make sure the emoji icon is visible... Can't see it in mobile or desktop.
I didn't know the emoji was there is it wasn't for a user tip

Yep! This has been added to the list!

One thing we have had to step away from is making changes on the fly as it tends to not lend itself to documentation that we made the actual change and doubling our work.

I have been creating a list of all the requests that have been made over various threads into one location.

This along with temporarily increasing the limit on emoji (which is basically being substituted for likes from nbr) are the top of the list.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Bump 1

19 hours ago, Custom90gt said:

TT did not issue a take down for Spartans site, simply put he did a ton of work to the site and when trying to resolve the email issue the support staff that was "helping" him deleted all the posts.  Spartan got disheartened after spending all the time and effort and decided to nix the whole thing.  I was thinking about purchasing the domain and offering it for use here (or as a redirect) but sadly it seems to already be purchased.

That's sad to hear.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/31/2022 at 11:05 AM, Prototime said:

I really wish they wouldn't have linked to reddit, the LTT forums, and Tom's Hardware forums to support the idea that "the community will live far beyond the TechnologyGuide sites." There are three successor forums that the community has built for the express purpose of keeping the community together, including efgxt. They should link to those.

that was super lame, they also refused to sell too.

did anyone manage to scrap the forums and DB to rearchive it later?

which newer forum is winning? there are like 3 or 4 right?

how come i can't like posts?

EDIT: wait did someone manage to nab the domain?

53 minutes ago, cdoublejj said:

The like button is hidden on the far right side of the bar that has the quote button. Mouse over it, and the reactions should pop up.

• Thumb Up 1

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 Super | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

MacBook Pro 14: M1 Max 10-core CPU | 64 GB RAM | 32-core GPU | 2 TB SSD | macOS

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

3 hours ago, cdoublejj said:

With Spartan's site down, we have this and laptopforum.net left. I'd say this site has the most traffic. 

• Thumb Up 1

12 hours ago, Vasudev said:

That's sad to hear.

I agree. I cant blame him for scrapping it

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

On 2/8/2022 at 12:50 PM, cdoublejj said:

There are two archives; the Internet Archive made an archive, and a few of us from NBR (myself included) made one as well, which is at https://www.nbrchive.net .  @Aaron44126 is its librarian, and is making improvements to the site and styling based on the data we archived, which includes nearly all the non-off-topic threads (a few were only partially grabbed).  The Internet Archive one appears to be complete/fairly complete, and likely includes a good chunk of what we didn't grab.  But we didn't know if they were succeeding in late January, and didn't have time to wait to find out, so we kept going.

You probably are using the default theme, and can't see the react-to-post icon, which blends in with the default theme.  If you see an post where someone has already reacted, put your mouse over the area to the right of the reaction symbol, and you should be able to do so.

• Thumb Up 1

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 1:09 AM, joluke said:

imagem.thumb.png.7462538a83f3f38cf07d88d471da207a.png

If you can, make sure the emoji icon is visible... Can't see it in mobile or desktop.
I didn't know the emoji was there is it wasn't for a user tip

On 2/8/2022 at 5:50 PM, cdoublejj said:

On 2/8/2022 at 6:44 PM, saturnotaku said:

The like button is hidden on the far right side of the bar that has the quote button. Mouse over it, and the reactions should pop up.

To add to what Sandy Bridge mentions above, you could alternatively try changing the Theme at the very bottom of the page to make the button more apparent :)