NotebookTalk

Created account to get more info about iunlock (liquidhz)

Hello everyone, I contacted iunlock (a popular poster about alienware products here) about 4 years ago to do a repaste on my 17r4 laptop. During that time he said that we was capable of building a custom water cooled pc. I sent him a list of parts and configurations that I wanted and also sent him a 3970x threadripper cpu and about $6,000 to build this computer. Over the 3.5 years since then, we have been back and forth on emails and discord about how/why everything kept getting delayed and how/why there were problems fitting things etc... Then over the past 4 months he has completely stopped responding to my emails and blocked me on discord. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit on my end but I just want to reach out and let everyone be warned that he is a scammer that is not to be trusted. Please reach out to me if you have had similar experiences with him. 

unlock 1.PNG

iunlock 2.PNG

• Sad 1

He was an affluent laptop bencher on NBR but I don't believe I have seen anyone posting under that handle here. 

Sorry to hear about your troubles though @Rage Set had similar issues but in reversed roles. I believe he is transitioning out of system integration.

I didn't know iunlock did system integration. Did he become a vendor or was this closer to a handshake amongst gentleman? 

• Thumb Up 2

I have spoken to iunlock in the past, on NBR and a few times on Discord. He wanted me to help him secure computer parts, as at the time I was the owner of an SI/MSP for small business. He saw how giving I was on NBR and perhaps hoped I would help him. It never amounted to anything as I was quite busy at the time and I never give out my personal information...to a very select few. I rarely ventured out of the Official Overclocking thread on NBR (and you can say the same about this forum).

I am sorry about how things went. You can't be too careful online (trust me, I know). I hope you find resolution and justice.

EDIT: I want to add and perhaps it was just my company, but for even the highest end of builds...including completely custom hardlined watercooled rigs, it would take a month max if we had all of the parts in stock. If we didn't, we would keep the client updated every week without fail. I also insisted to all of my employees of including build photos in those updates. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

• 4 weeks later...

I had a much smaller experience with the guy as well.  Sent him something, he said he would pay shipping etc and it never happened.  It was a small enough amount I just let it go, but I think it probably speaks towards his character.  I dealt with him a lot over the last few years as part of another group and he was very hard to get along with at times, just a very odd person.  He asked me to send him some other stuff, but something just felt off, so I never even considered it.

Good luck getting your money back @wheres my computer, hope you can track it all down. 

• Thumb Up 3

Alienware M18R2 | i9 14900hx | RTX4090 | 64GB DDR5 

Alienware Area51m | i9 9900k | RTX2080 | 64GB DDR4

Alienware M15R5 | R9 5900hx | RTX3070 | 32GB DDR4

Alienware 17R4 | i7 7820HK | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR3 ( Dead, RIP )

Alienware Aurora R13 | i7 12700k | RTX3070Ti | 32GB DDR4

I don't think that discord channel is in use, it was called LiquidHz server or something. Its been years since I heard any updates from them and once NBR forums was taken down, I stopped using discord/tap-a-talk entirely. I believe iunlock and Deex were present in Steven's OwnOrDisown channel along with alexnvidia.

• Thumb Up 2