NotebookTalk

Official Clevo X170SM-G Thread

electrosoft

17 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

Anyone here know the wattage of the 2070 Supers that shipped in these laptops? I am using one in my P870TM and can only get it to pull 115 watts... Something in my mind said 150w like the 2080 non-super, but I could be wrong.

If the power limit is really 115, is there a tool to up said power limit?

it seems like the TDP is 115 on the 2070 super according to TPU

you may want to look into omgnvflash and if there is any bios modification possible on turing now 🙂
otherwise there is always modifying the shunts to trick the card into using more power..
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2070-super-mobile.c3514

• Thumb Up 1

My Clevo P775dm3
8700k @4.7
3080mxm (180w)
32gb cl18

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody! Please tell me, I want to install the 3070 in my new x170sm. Does anyone have firmware to support the 30th series of cards? In order for the card to work with boost and it was not necessary to modify the drivers. Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2024 at 7:17 PM, mrZaqzaq said:

Hello everybody! Please tell me, I want to install the 3070 in my new x170sm. Does anyone have firmware to support the 30th series of cards? In order for the card to work with boost and it was not necessary to modify the drivers. Thanks a lot

Hi,

I don't think there is. You have to do that separately and that's how you can solve it. Until then, the software change remains. I will try an MXM to PCIe x16 adapter and I will be able to connect any desktop card. All you need is a full modular power supply and a desktop video card.💪🙏

So if the RTX 3080 (16GB) MXM card is no longer enough, then this version will come. Preparation in progress. I will put it in the closet and it will be good anytime paired with a current VGA card!😉✌️

376600_dooi7rmrkxgyxkwb_img_20240906_112

◄►Clevo® X170SM-G + AIO Water SystemWin10 & 11 x64 Pro "Dual Boot" System◄►+ Pioneer®BDR-209EBK + RaidSonic®ICY BOX IB-550STU3S►LG®OLED55C9PLA "4K" 120Hz G-Sync 1MS►HP®DeskJet GT 5820 (X3B09A)◄►*.*

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

I just bought a new Clevo X170SM-G. 

The first problem I encountered is that BIOS does not see my hard drive. I haven't done any manipulations or anything like that. 

I just wanted to see whether the undervolting features are available or not. Unfortunately, they are not. 

So, question #1: Why my BIOS does not see the hard drive? What might be the reason? 
Question #2: Does the XMG BIOS have everything unlocked? If so, how can I find the right BIOS version for my laptop? 

Specs:
Intel i7-10700K.
GPU: RX2060.
SSD: 1TB.
BIOS version: 1.07.04.
Serial number: NKX170SMG000F00686 
I am just not sure which version of XMG to install.
If you need anything else, I'll post it.

Thanks, everyone. 

13 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Hi everyone, 

I just bought a new Clevo X170SM-G. 

The first problem I encountered is that BIOS does not see my hard drive. I haven't done any manipulations or anything like that. 

I just wanted to see whether the undervolting features are available or not. Unfortunately, they are not. 

So, question #1: Why my BIOS does not see the hard drive? What might be the reason? 
Question #2: Does the XMG BIOS have everything unlocked? If so, how can I find the right BIOS version for my laptop? 

Specs:
Intel i7-10700K.
GPU: RX2060.
SSD: 1TB.
BIOS version: 1.07.04.
Serial number: NKX170SMG000F00686 
I am just not sure which version of XMG to install.
If you need anything else, I'll post it.

Thanks, everyone. 

you should check sata settings and boot drive settings in bios, those are present in all bios versions.

As far as xmg's bios, no, it does not have everything unlocked, I suggest using stock bios from clevo and dsanke's unlocker, which you can find in this thread

8 hours ago, Bidelloman said:

you should check sata settings and boot drive settings in bios, those are present in all bios versions.

Thanks for the advice. 
The problem is the sata is not seen anywhere in bios. 
I tried changing the ACHI to UEFI. This did not help. 

I bought the laptop without Windows pre-installed. 
I believe the problem is not about the sata. But not sure. 
I'd better open the laptop and check it, but it's under warranty. 

I managed to install Windows. It was simple: the system saw the hard drive without any issues. 

But I can't install Dsanke's unlocker. I mean I did it but nothing changed.

The first thing I did after installing Windows was run Dsanke unlocker, which I downloaded here. 
it seemed pretty simple. I chose option 1, which is Unlock. 
Then, I saw two successful operations. Once, it told me to press any key to return to the main menu, so I did. 
I reloaded the laptop, entered Bios, and nothing changed in the Advanced - Overclocking menu. There is only one option as before. 

I tried to put off and put in the battery. Nothing changed. 

Do I do anything wrong? 

Dsanke unlocker seems the simplest solution to unlock the undervolting feature, but it doesn't work.

Can anyone give me some suggestions? 

9 hours ago, Alex_K said:

I managed to install Windows. It was simple: the system saw the hard drive without any issues. 

The first thing I did after installing Windows was run Dsanke unlocker, which I downloaded here. 
Then, I saw two successful operations. Once, it told me to press any key to return to the main menu, so I did. 
I reloaded the laptop, entered Bios, and nothing changed in the Advanced - Overclocking menu. There is only one option as before. 

Do I do anything wrong? 

Dsanke unlocker seems the simplest solution to unlock the undervolting feature, but it doesn't work.

On 10/9/2024 at 11:32 PM, Alex_K said:

Do I do anything wrong? 

Did you restore the default bios settings after the unlock?

XMG Neo 17 (E24)  | 14900HX | 32GB (2X16) Corsair Vengeance DDR5@6600 CL30 | RTX4090 (+285/900) | QHD @240Hz G-Sync | 2x2TB Samsung 990 PRO | Killer WiFi 1675i | Oasis MK2 WC | Win 11 Home

Clevo X170KM-G | 11700KF | 64GB (4x16) Crucial Ballistix DDR4@3066 CL14 | RTX3080 (+220/1650) | QHD @165Hz G-Sync | 1TB WD SN850X | Intel AX200 WiFi | Win 11 Pro

23 hours ago, MiRaGe said:

Did you restore the default bios settings after the unlock?

Yes, this helped instantly. 
Thank you. 
Now, the goal of all this is to undervolt the processor to make the whole system quieter. 
I did it several years ago on my PC. 
As I remember, I changed PLs and core voltages. 
I tried to find the concise instructions for our motherboard, but I failed. 

Please give me a link to our or similar BIOS instructions so that I can make the necessary changes. Or maybe the menu names and numbers to change. 

I'd also like to change the keyboard lighting. Is this possible in the unlocked BIOS? If so, where is the setting? 
I know we have the Control Center, but if it's possible to make all the changes in BIOS (set it and forget it), I'd rather stick to this. 

Thanks a ton, everyone.

Last time I tried to make in-deep changes in bios of settings related to CPU optimization ended with bricked bios and I had to reprogram it with hardware programmer. 
I strongly advise you to stick to CC when it comes to CPU optimization if you don’t want to open your laptop to the last bone to reach the bios chip…

XMG Neo 17 (E24)  | 14900HX | 32GB (2X16) Corsair Vengeance DDR5@6600 CL30 | RTX4090 (+285/900) | QHD @240Hz G-Sync | 2x2TB Samsung 990 PRO | Killer WiFi 1675i | Oasis MK2 WC | Win 11 Home

Clevo X170KM-G | 11700KF | 64GB (4x16) Crucial Ballistix DDR4@3066 CL14 | RTX3080 (+220/1650) | QHD @165Hz G-Sync | 1TB WD SN850X | Intel AX200 WiFi | Win 11 Pro

2 hours ago, Bidelloman said:

Throttlestop exists

This too.

• Thumb Up 1