NotebookTalk

Darts

cucubits

Here's probably the most off-topic thread that I probably should have started a while ago 😆

I've been a long time fan of Darts, playing very casually. Only in the past 5 moths I started taking it more seriously. It helped that there's quite a big community here in Seattle area and I already have a few friends playing. Back in December I had the chance to join a local league and it's a whole lot of fun. I've never played competitively and it's quite an experience.

Also finally got the chance to install a board at home too, but considering it's a rental place, I was only allowed to do this in the garage. Haven't started poking holes in the cars just yet but it's something I worry about 😅

I think this is also the main reason I haven't played any of my usual PC games lately... 1-2 hours of darts practice per day kind of eats up the free time.

What about you guys? Any other darts fans around? Would love to compare stories, stats, etc.

image.thumb.png.b62fd48eea0d9661838be1b32cbb08c7.png

• Thumb Up 1

I find darts challenging, it is so simple in design but challenging to master, I think its alot of fun but I havent had the chance to play in years. have you ever gotten a bulls eye

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

4 hours ago, ryan said:

have you ever gotten a bulls eye

I have. Bulls eyes are overrated 🙂 The real goal is as many T20s as we can and then the last dart to close the round must be in a double.

I've been doing pretty well in this league I've been playing in but it's the lowest tier, entry level so to speak. We play 501 and cricket a lot.

• Thumb Up 1

ONE HUNDRED AND EEEEEEIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTTYYYYY!  Love it.  I am putting up my dart board when we finish our basement repair/reno. We had a sewer back up a few months ago, and are just getting around to fixing it all up.  Going to get our home gym, music room, bar, lounging / home theater area, and kitchen all back soon!

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

18 hours ago, ryan said:

I find darts challenging, it is so simple in design but challenging to master, I think its alot of fun but I havent had the chance to play in years. have you ever gotten a bulls eye

You need to follow the 3 beer rule. Drink 3 beer in a short amount of time, you will be deadly at darts, pool, horseshoes, cornhole etc. It turns off the thinker and you just get up and nail it.  I have yet to play darts pool etc high, so I cannot comment on that yet. ha ha. 

Also, I am going to be building my board cabinet.  Using the Montreal Canadiens logo as the center piece. ..that and my Carey price and Max Patchoretty signed jerseys.  Met them at brossard.  signed our jerseys for us!

• Thumb Up 1

1 hour ago, kojack said:

Using the Montreal Canadiens logo as the center piece. ..that and my Carey price and Max Patchoretty signed jerseys.  Met them at brossard.  signed our jerseys for us!

I don't know much about ice hockey...I went to 1 game in UK. Very fast game.

But I did really like this movie.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

14 hours ago, TreeTopsRanch said:

Too violent!

Maybe your right.

From my point of view life in general is a sometimes violent process.

In my culture we also have violence for fun!

I grew up playing aussie rules football. Basically pretending to chase a ball while smackin some idiot doing the same thing.

Then there is rugby.

At least with ice hockey and American football they have some protection/armour.

• Haha 2

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

15 hours ago, TreeTopsRanch said:

Too violent!

The movie Goon is NOT an accurate representation of Professional Hockey.  It's beer / bush league hockey like that.  Also watch Shorsey for other great beer league entertainment. 

• Thumb Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, darts.  I have no natural talent.  I think the last time I played was in a bar in Philly a few years ago.  I was not an asset to my team.  Yes, I occasionally did score some points for us, but it might as well have been random chance that led to those points.

On the other hand, the most legendary darts player I know is my mother, who once hit a bulls-eye, and then on the very next dart threw it so that the second dart became stuck in the back of the first bulls-eye dart - an exact duplication of the previous bullseye, with enough force to lodge in that dart.  Sadly she did not decide to switch life focuses and become a professional darts player after that point, but my father was so astounded that he called her parents down to see the aftermath of that amazing feat.  And as that was during the time when my parents were dating but not yet married, if we'd like to make legends one could argue that darts game may have been what convinced my father to marry her.  I might not be here today if it were not for darts!

• Like 2

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)