NotebookTalk

The site could you better image posting qualities

kojack

I was doing some build write ups and the site only lets me post one photo etc.  I think it needs to allow much more than one photo to be posted per thread. I don't want to have to go find third party hosting services, I would like like to drop a few photos into my threads easy peasy.  Can this be added to the site?

thanks!

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

1 hour ago, kojack said:

I was doing some build write ups and the site only lets me post one photo etc.  I think it needs to allow much more than one photo to be posted per thread. I don't want to have to go find third party hosting services, I would like like to drop a few photos into my threads easy peasy.  Can this be added to the site?

thanks!

For the time being, no. Bear in mind we are not running ads and paying for this completely out of pocket, which means certain things have to be kept lean. 50 MB per member. If you need more space, you will need to delete older pictures that you dont want to retain, or use Image hosting sites. The forums software embeds pictures from outside sources really well.

We are working on changing this in the near future and creating additional ways for Forum members to have additional privileges. As obviously image hosting sites can delete their older content as well.

• Thumb Up 3

^^^ Donations should fix things. Having enough space for files is important.

External picture hosting... long term it's very destructive for any forum > members change their hosting \ delete pictures etc > topics loose important and historic content. Who has not come across forums with interesting topics where a collection of 'x' or something replaces interesting \ valuable images.

• Thumb Up 1

Dell Precision 5540 w10 ltsc 2019 + O&O shutup, Dell E7440 w8.1, Tosh w8.1, HP i5 desktop w10 ltsc + O&O shutup
Stand with ua.jpg

35 minutes ago, 6730b said:

^^^ Donations should fix things. Having enough space for files is important.

External picture hosting... long term it's very destructive for any forum > members change their hosting \ delete pictures etc > topics loose important and historic content. Who has not come across forums with interesting topics where a collection of 'x' or something replaces interesting \ valuable images.

Yep, fully aware. Its something we are working on as there are some backend changes that need to be made as well.

• Thumb Up 1

we have lost a few frequent posters due to this as well as other reasons. but im sure reciever will get something done, but if the excuse is money I dont see why donations would be avoided or declined when numerous members have stated they will pay. I was told back in feburary it was being setup now its almost august and nothing.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 minute ago, ryan said:

we have lost a few frequent posters due to this as well as other reasons. but im sure reciever will get something done, but if the excuse is money I dont see why donations would be avoided or declined when numerous members have stated they will pay. I was told back in feburary it was being setup now its almost august and nothing.

You were told its something I wish to have done, not that its being setup.

This thread has run its course, locked.

• Bump 1