NotebookTalk

2700X to 5800X3D upgrade! With a 10850K Cameo!

Reciever

2 hours ago, ryan said:

Yeah I agree, this is why Im a dying breed. I prefer GTA V on PC because of the mods. and as for like 100 AAA games most are modable, and sometimes it can be a literal game changer. Heck I remember realifesis mod for crysis, it made what was at the time a 3 year old game look like it was from 10 years in the future. also I dabble in VR so PC is the only option. but when it comes to just vanilla gaming consoles are hard to beat, for example i'm waiting on forza motorsport and early performance metrics are in and it looks like with my 3060 ill have to game at 4k/60 all low. xbox series x does medium/high and all for 550 bucks vs 2000

I wrote off Rockstar some time ago when they used Games for Windows live, havent touched any of their games since.

• Thumb Up 1

I don't know times have changed, games for windows live I thought was dead, I just boot up the game and rockstars login and im good to go, as for drm pretty much every good game is drm. times like I say have changed, at first it was just a few games but now its basically every game. I don't like it either and find it frustrating but look at what everyones saying about windows 12, @Etern4l called it first, it will be subscription based you will have to pay for OSs per month much like netflix. I don't like it but it's the future

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

I don't know times have changed, games for windows live I thought was dead, I just boot up the game and rockstars login and im good to go, as for drm pretty much every good game is drm. times like I say have changed, at first it was just a few games but now its basically every game. I don't like it either and find it frustrating but look at what everyones saying about windows 12, @Etern4l called it first, it will be subscription based you will have to pay for OSs per month much like netflix. I don't like it but it's the future

You vote with your wallet, I didnt like having to deal with social club + Games for Windows live so I dont have any interest in RockStar titles. Its not like they need my purchase and I dont need their games. Fairly certain that the last title I have from them is Max Payne III. 

There are more Operating Systems than just Windows :)

Yeah I agree, Im a sucker for the latest and greatest.

As for OSs I think if windows 12 is paycloud...I will be going with linux not sure what version but I will have too learn it and hopefully the loss in performance while gaming isn't too big going from windows 10 to linux. Or just give up completely and go the chrome route and forget about PC gaming period

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

55 minutes ago, ryan said:

Yeah I agree, Im a sucker for the latest and greatest.

As for OSs I think if windows 12 is paycloud...I will be going with linux not sure what version but I will have too learn it and hopefully the loss in performance while gaming isn't too big going from windows 10 to linux. Or just give up completely and go the chrome route and forget about PC gaming period

You can easily check and see how a given title runs on linux via https://www.protondb.com/ which is a steam plugin if I understand it correctly.

sorry for the late reply, I'll check that out THANKS 🙂 I'm pretty close to full on switch to linux as im growing tired of all the spycrap on windows, I've managed to rid the virus but a few remnants remain

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled