NotebookTalk

All about Windows 11 news and announcements

Papusan

Newer is always better, LOOL

Microsoft know exactly what you want🤮🤢🤮

Windows 11 gets more ads in its latest update

neowin.net · 4 hours ago

Microsoft is rolling out new updates for Windows 11. The good thing is that they fix bugs and improve security. The bad thing is that they introduce more ads, namely in the Start menu.

See also from 8:00. This new OS is meant for Tablets. There is no more desktop OS for power users from Microsoft anymore. 

See the whole video. Very interesting. But we all know everything before. Microsoft have dumbed down their OS so damn much.

I really realy hope that there will be so many users that will lose their data that Microsoft being sued. 

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Microsoft is desperate... No one want their trash. 

Pushy Microsoft app wants you to "repair" your PC by switching to Bing

Another day, another new tactic from Microsoft
  • Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Good luck if you want this installed on your PC. It seems Microsoft need to put up more servers for saving all the info they'll steal from your Pc. Todays word has to be Telemetry. Or disgusting?

• Thumb Up 2

O&O ShutUp10++ 1.9.1437 Released: May 21, 2024

1.9.1437 – released May 21, 2024

• NEW: Disable remote assistance connections to this computer
  • NEW: Disable remote connections to this computer
  • NEW: Saving the configuration file in the start directory
  • NEW: Automatic migration of the previous configuration file
  • NEW: Saving states for multiple computers and users possible
  • NEW: Output of the description of the settings as comments when exporting
  • NEW: Ability to start the control panel if system restore is deactivated
  • NEW: The startup of the application has been accelerated
  • NEW: Output of the number of modified settings when applying menu actions
  • FIX: Various bug fixes
  • Available in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Chinese (simplified)

• Thumb Up 1

On 5/10/2024 at 8:21 PM, Papusan said:

Not sure Windows 10 will work properly with new Ryzen chips. With AMDs software/driver and bios mess don't have big hope for a decent experience.

I'm sure bro @Raiderman looking forwards to next level of greed and stupidity from Microsoft. This is just disgusting. Microsoft will do whatever they can to make Windows as the main ad channel. They have collected so much info about you the last years with their telemetry in later OS that they will now use it for whats worth.

MS did something with ESU updates on Win 7 which is now very buggy even on Skylake and VM.

@Papusan I might switch to dark side with Surface Laptop 7 15" XElite or even AMD Ryzen 8000 U/HS or NUC since my Xbox Accessories requires Windows 11 and is infinitely stuck at loading screen with Windows 10. Thought of building SFF Ryzen but I'm highly concerned with power in Asus B670E boards for 7950x3d w/ 7900 GRE and warranty rip-off in India.

Thinkpads are soldered as well. It sucks that Indian variants are slow to arrive and basically rip-off's with high pricing.

For those that is tired of dealing vith vanilla Home/Pro version. 

Windows 11 LTSC 2024 arrives making TPM and Secure Boot optional — lower storage requirements, too

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

5 hours ago, Papusan said:

For those that is tired of dealing vith vanilla Home/Pro version. 

Windows 11 LTSC 2024 arrives making TPM and Secure Boot optional — lower storage requirements, too

1 minute ago, Mr. Fox said:

In other words, the only way to get an acceptable version of Windows is to find an ISO that consumers are not supposed to have access to and use that instead of the mainstream trash. This shows us how little respect they have for ordinary people. We already knew that, but it shows us again as a reminder.

Newer is seldom better. And, some things never change. Windows 11 LTSC will be a slightly better version of a product that is worse than the one before it.

• Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Newer is seldom better. And, some things never change. Windows 11 LTSC will be a slightly better version of a product that is worse than the one before it.

Same al with Google Chrome. They follow same recipe for disaster as Microsoft for their OS.

Also for Windows 10.

https://schneegans.de/windows/unattend-generator/

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1

The usual from Redmond HQ. Remember they have some of the best software engineers in the wold. And it shows🤢

Is your taskbar suddenly crashing? Blame the latest Windows update

Windows update KB5037853 rolled out helpful new features – and broke the taskbar for some people. A fix will now be sent out to affected users.

Security researchers warn of Microsoft Recall

A month ago, Kevin Beaumont heaped praise on Microsoft's new security thinking, now he calls Recall the biggest security blunder in a decade.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

It turns out that windows 11 still has probably more problems compared to version 10, although a lot of time has passed since the first release. I'm going to stay on the previous version for now to save my nerves.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 4:14 PM, crz said:

It turns out that windows 11 still has probably more problems compared to version 10, although a lot of time has passed since the first release. I'm going to stay on the previous version for now to save my nerves.

Yup, and Microsoft is finally able to see that Windows 11 was a failure. 

Microsoft restarts Windows 10 beta tests

Windows 10 only has a little over a year left in its life, but now Microsoft will start beta testing new features.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

I have both. W11 in an office laptop that i want to get rid of. For privacy W10. W11 have conveniences like Phone Link(not sure if already arrived to W10) to connect to my phone, others suspicious like hiding bluetooth share..

• Thumb Up 1

Microsoft Research scientist gives non-answer when asked about Windows Recall privacy concerns

Not exactly reassuring
A HOT POTATO: Microsoft's Recall feature is being universally slammed for the privacy implications that come from screenshotting everything you do on a computer. However, at least one person seems to think the concerns are overblown. Unsurprisingly, it's Microsoft Research's chief scientist, who didn't really give an answer when asked about Recall's negative points.
  • Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Papusan said:

But why is it so late?) Personally, I couldn't get used to the new design of version 11, I prefer the previous one in Windows 10 from the first releases, not to mention everything else. Assuming that I'm wrong and very old-fashioned.

• Thumb Up 2

8 hours ago, nforce4max said:

With way things are going I'll be sticking with 10 for another couple of years

And there's nothing wrong with that, it's even more of a really wise decision, otherwise I think they'll just start to be much more confident in the grandeur or perfection of Windows 11, that in my opinion is a big exaggeration.

• Thumb Up 1

11 hours ago, nforce4max said:

With way things are going I'll be sticking with 10 for another couple of years until support for online gaming with that OS is dropped.

Same here until i buy a new PC because Windows 11 has zero benefits over Windows 10 for me.

Also

RlOGZQm.png

Probably i used O&O Shutup 10 to shut off a lot of Microsoft's spyware but it still feels good!.

• Like 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

Never too late stop this madness but I think Microsoft still will try another way around to lure stupid people into their disgusting trap. The whole world is filled with stupid people. Hence this won't stop here bro @Mr. Fox 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Never too late stop this madness but I think Microsoft still will try another way around to lure stupid people into their disgusting trap. The whole world is filled with stupid people. Hence this won't stop here bro @Mr. Fox 

They will backtrack on the surface due to public rejection of the idea while quietly redeploying it with the other malware payload already hidden in Winduhz 11. They only care about optics (and then only sometimes) when they derive a benefit such as avoidance of critical scrutiny and legal challenge, but their sleazy sliminess never diminishes. Ugliness is sometimes only on the outside with great beauty on the inside. Sometimes there is beauty only on the outside. With them, ugliness starts on the surface and goes all the way to their core. Find something good about them has never been more difficult. I am not sure there is anything.

The mere fact that they created this should cause everyone--even really stupid people--to question their intelligence and their integrity. But, there will still be idiots that opt-in to this filth. Those that don't opt-in will still have their data collected and stolen in secret. But, they will have the placebo of security because they said no.

On 6/7/2024 at 7:08 AM, Papusan said:

Microsoft Research scientist gives non-answer when asked about Windows Recall privacy concerns

Not exactly reassuring
A HOT POTATO: Microsoft's Recall feature is being universally slammed for the privacy implications that come from screenshotting everything you do on a computer. However, at least one person seems to think the concerns are overblown. Unsurprisingly, it's Microsoft Research's chief scientist, who didn't really give an answer when asked about Recall's negative points.

They refused to give a straight answer before. Skunks do not change their stripes. They'll just do it in secret going forward. Big tech ranks along side big government and big parma when it comes to being unworthy of trust and respect. There is not a shred of decency to be found in their miserable existence, and these clowns are the godfather of big tech slime.

On 6/6/2024 at 5:26 PM, Papusan said:

On 6/7/2024 at 9:31 AM, crz said:

But why is it so late?) Personally, I couldn't get used to the new design of version 11, I prefer the previous one in Windows 10 from the first releases, not to mention everything else. Assuming that I'm wrong and very old-fashioned.

Because they are certifiably idiots with delusions of grandeur. The only way to legitimize the use of Winduhz 11 is to butcher it so that it no longer resembles the excrement they envisioned. The most satisfying element of that is the pleasure that comes from the defiance in violating the EULA and terms of service.

• Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

O&O ShutUp10++ v1.9.1438 released today June 04, 2024

1.9.1438 – released June 04, 2024

• NEW: Disable Windows Copilot+ Recall (from Windows 11)
  • NEW: The start of the application has been accelerated again
  • NEW: Revised main view
  • NEW: Search now reacts directly when entering search queries without having to use input
  • FIX: Various bug fixes
  • Available in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Chinese (simplified)
  • Thumb Up 1

Yep. I didn't expect many consumers wanted pay for this idocy. 

“We are continuing to evaluate our strategy for consumer Copilot extensibility and are prioritizing core product experiences, while remaining committed to developer opportunities,” Microsoft said. “To this end, we are shifting our focus on GPTs to Commercial and Enterprise scenarios and are stopping GPT efforts in consumer Copilot.”

Microsoft’s decision, however, undercuts one of the only reasons to subscribe to Microsoft Copilot Pro, a $20/mo subscription for consumers that Microsoft announced in January. Copilot Pro offered three benefits above the basic Copilot offering: priority access to new LLMs; Copilot in Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote), and the Custom GPT Builder. Now, only the first two remain.

Microsoft is killing a huge AI feature in Copilot Pro You will miss it bro @Mr. Fox?😁

And Microsoft continue swimming in homebrewed bugs.... Good luck to the guinea pigs. 

Microsoft Pulls Windows 11 24H2 from Release Preview Channel, Build Riddled with Bugs

Microsoft has unexpectedly halted the rollout of the upcoming Windows 11 24H2 update to Windows Insiders on the Release Preview Channel. The pause was quietly announced through an update to the original release blog post, which had initially touted the preview's new features like Wi-Fi 7 support, Sudo for Windows, Rust in the Windows kernel, and various UI enhancements. Microsoft has not provided an official reason for hitting the brakes on the 24H2 preview rollout. Brandon LeBlanc, the Windows Insider Senior Program Manager, simply stated, "We are working to get it rolling out again shortly."

However, a glimpse at the Microsoft Feedback Hub reveals a multitude of issues reported by Insiders testing the 24H2 build. Complaints range from application freezes and performance degradation to VPN connectivity problems. Some users have even taken to social media to voice their frustrations, with one describing the Arm version as a "disastrous, worst 'release' preview I can remember." The Release Preview Channel is typically recommended for commercial users and those wanting to test upcoming Windows releases before general availability. Meanwhile, the Dev Channel caters to users who are comfortable with instability and rough edges. As The Register notes, the current situation echoes Microsoft's troubled rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, which contained a data deletion bug.
  • Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Yep. I didn't expect many consumers wanted pay for this idocy. 

“We are continuing to evaluate our strategy for consumer Copilot extensibility and are prioritizing core product experiences, while remaining committed to developer opportunities,” Microsoft said. “To this end, we are shifting our focus on GPTs to Commercial and Enterprise scenarios and are stopping GPT efforts in consumer Copilot.”

Microsoft’s decision, however, undercuts one of the only reasons to subscribe to Microsoft Copilot Pro, a $20/mo subscription for consumers that Microsoft announced in January. Copilot Pro offered three benefits above the basic Copilot offering: priority access to new LLMs; Copilot in Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote), and the Custom GPT Builder. Now, only the first two remain.

Microsoft is killing a huge AI feature in Copilot Pro You will miss it bro @Mr. Fox?😁

And Microsoft continue swimming in homebrewed bugs.... Goog luck to the guinea pigs. 

Microsoft Pulls Windows 11 24H2 from Release Preview Channel, Build Riddled with Bugs

Microsoft has unexpectedly halted the rollout of the upcoming Windows 11 24H2 update to Windows Insiders on the Release Preview Channel. The pause was quietly announced through an update to the original release blog post, which had initially touted the preview's new features like Wi-Fi 7 support, Sudo for Windows, Rust in the Windows kernel, and various UI enhancements. Microsoft has not provided an official reason for hitting the brakes on the 24H2 preview rollout. Brandon LeBlanc, the Windows Insider Senior Program Manager, simply stated, "We are working to get it rolling out again shortly."

However, a glimpse at the Microsoft Feedback Hub reveals a multitude of issues reported by Insiders testing the 24H2 build. Complaints range from application freezes and performance degradation to VPN connectivity problems. Some users have even taken to social media to voice their frustrations, with one describing the Arm version as a "disastrous, worst 'release' preview I can remember." The Release Preview Channel is typically recommended for commercial users and those wanting to test upcoming Windows releases before general availability. Meanwhile, the Dev Channel caters to users who are comfortable with instability and rough edges. As The Register notes, the current situation echoes Microsoft's troubled rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, which contained a data deletion bug.

many including me faced an annoying stutter or flicker or animations that is 712 build . am back to 23H2

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Such nice features in an OS!

Ignorance is bliss.

• Thumb Up 1

On 6/13/2024 at 7:32 AM, Mr. Fox said:

Such nice features in an OS!

Ignorance is bliss.

Talking about new features. Microsoft have backtracked the security problem for now. Would you trust that guinea pigs is good enough to make this feature more secure? Why trust unpaid guinea pig if one of the worlds best engineers have failed doing it right? Would you use an unpaid maid to operate as a heart surgeon on the local hospital? That the way Microsoft do it. 

We are adjusting the release model for Recall to leverage the expertise of the Windows Insider community free paid guinea pig to ensure the experience meets our high standards for quality and security.

Microsoft recalls Recall: Controversial AI feature won't be in Copilot+ Windows build at launch
https://www.tomshardware.com/software/windows/microsoft-recalls-recall-controversial-ai-feature-wont-be-in-copilot-windows-build-at-launch

• Thumb Up 1
  • Confused 1