NotebookTalk

Which Thermal Paste to buy and apply (Traditional and Liquid Metal)

Vasudev

EK Water Blocks Introduces NGP Thermal Paste

PRESS RELEASE  

Today, 17:55
EK, the leading computer cooling-solutions provider, proudly announces the launch of the EK-Loop Thermal Paste NGP (5 g), a thermal interface material meticulously engineered for enthusiasts seeking efficient thermal transfer between high-end components and their cooler of choice. The EK-Loop Thermal Paste NGP utilizes nano-grade particles, ensuring effective heat transfer between CPUs, GPUs, and other chipsets and their respective cooling mechanisms, such as water blocks and heatsinks.

The cornerstone of the EK-Loop Thermal Paste NGP is its Nano Grade Particles (NGP) technology, which ensures very low thermal impedance and excellent applicability. These nano-grade particles are engineered to form an ultra-thin layer between the heat source and the cooler, promoting effective heat dissipation. The low thermal impedance is important as it allows the paste to effectively transfer heat away from critical components like CPUs and GPUs, minimizing the risk of overheating and supporting overall system performance.

MSRP: €9.90. For more information, visit the product page.
  • Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

PRESS RELEASE  

EK, the leading computer cooling-solutions provider, proudly announces the launch of the EK-Loop Thermal Paste NGP (5 g), a thermal interface material meticulously engineered for enthusiasts seeking efficient thermal transfer between high-end components and their cooler of choice. The EK-Loop Thermal Paste NGP utilizes nano-grade particles, ensuring effective heat transfer between CPUs, GPUs, and other chipsets and their respective cooling mechanisms, such as water blocks and heatsinks.

The cornerstone of the EK-Loop Thermal Paste NGP is its Nano Grade Particles (NGP) technology, which ensures very low thermal impedance and excellent applicability. These nano-grade particles are engineered to form an ultra-thin layer between the heat source and the cooler, promoting effective heat dissipation. The low thermal impedance is important as it allows the paste to effectively transfer heat away from critical components like CPUs and GPUs, minimizing the risk of overheating and supporting overall system performance.

we need some guinea pigs to try this ..

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

• Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

18 hours ago, Papusan said:

but there are small changes improving the pate right.? during all the years.

• Thumb Up 2

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

42 minutes ago, raptorddd said:

but there are small changes improving the pate right.? during all the years.

It may change if he used an more power hungry Cpu as 14900K/KS in the test. 

• Thumb Up 2

22 hours ago, Papusan said:

quite valuable as im still using a big-ass tube of kryonaut that i purchased back in Oct-2017, so 6.5 years and counting 😄

• Thumb Up 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 9:36 PM, Papusan said:

PRESS RELEASE  

Will this be discontinued due to financial troubles at EKWB?

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Vasudev said:

Depends. EK have a massive inventory of parts. They just can't go out of business. Maybe we will se restructuring/new owners. Have to see how it boils down. Bad owners is bad for every company.

• Thumb Up 2

On 4/22/2024 at 5:33 PM, Vasudev said:

EKWB issues public apology regarding delayed payments

On 4/22/2024 at 6:18 PM, Papusan said:

Depends. EK have a massive inventory of parts. They just can't go out of business. Maybe we will se restructuring/new owners. Have to see how it boils down. Bad owners is bad for every company.

• Thumb Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dowsil TC-5550 looks good here: https://youtu.be/htp7e1w_BdY?t=330

They also released a new paste called TC-5960 recently which from the specs is the best paste from Dowsil. They don't mention it is for PCM replacement unlike TC-5550, not sure if it's better than TC-5550 for a laptop CPU though. TC-5888 was great and in fact the best paste I have, if one of them is better this might be the best bare die paste in the market at the moment. TC-5960 maybe also for desktop CPUs because the bondline thickness has been reduced compared to TC-5888 down from 0.02mm to 0.016mm despite the higher viscosity. 

• Thumb Up 2

21 hours ago, Rofa1234 said:

Dowsil TC-5550 looks good here: https://youtu.be/htp7e1w_BdY?t=330

They also released a new paste called TC-5960 recently which from the specs is the best paste from Dowsil. They don't mention it is for PCM replacement unlike TC-5550, not sure if it's better than TC-5550 for a laptop CPU though. TC-5888 was great and in fact the best paste I have, if one of them is better this might be the best bare die paste in the market at the moment. TC-5960 maybe also for desktop CPUs because the bondline thickness has been reduced compared to TC-5888 down from 0.02mm to 0.016mm despite the higher viscosity. 

have you used honeywell pate.? tc 5888 better than oneywell.?

• Thumb Up 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

38 minutes ago, raptorddd said:

have you used honeywell pate.? tc 5888 better than oneywell.?

Yes I have, it was a lot worse than the PTM7950 phase change pad or TC-5888. Note that there are some rebrand of TC-5888 in the market, I believe Kold-01 is a TC-5888 rebrand and possibly Aerocool Fuzion too. I posted some results here I think. My favourite pastes are TC-5888/Kold-01/Fuzion/Shin-Etsu X-23-8117/Thermal Hero Quantum. Haven't tested TC-5550 and TC-5960 yet, they don't sell directly to end consumers, they are hard to buy.

• Thumb Up 2

Its been a while since i login here on NBT, Life has been pretty hectic and still is but it easing up somewhat. Anyways update after almost 9 months of using Honeywell 7950.

GY5KspC.png

I cleaned my fans last week since i noticed my laptop was overheating but after a dust clean up temps are back to normal. Not much changed besides my cinebench score!  

• Thumb Up 3

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

Need to order Honeywell PTM again still the best for me and all the turtbooks and maybe for my 13700KF and i can test it on my 4080 ^^ but no time :D.

• Thumb Up 3

cheerio

jp

1. Desktop Gaming RIG | i7 13700KF | MSI MEGZ690 Unify | F5-6400 CL32 not testet yet  | M.2_1 SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 1TB | MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio white Edition | Lian Li O11D XL with 10 Fan setup | 3 bottom (in-take) | 3 top (in-take) | 3 side (out-take | 1 back (out.take)
2. Mobile Gaming | Raider GE78HX 13VI

3. MSI GS63VR 6RF Stealth
4. MSI GE73VR 7RF Raider with 4K Screen

R.I.P GE76 Raider 11UH-208 UK with BOE CQ NE173QHM-NZ1 WQHD 240Hz

This AI trend start being laughable. One more stupid than the others. You like stupidity @Vasudev?

Do Cooler Master use AI to find up new fancy idiotic product names?🤔🤔

Cooler Master introduces colored ‘AI Thermal Paste’ — CryoFuze 5 comes with nano-diamond technology

Cooler Master uses the AI branding on CryoFuze 5, but there is nothing AI about a thermal paste solution. While perhaps Cooler Master could've designed it for AI processors, especially as next-generation AI chips like Intel’s Falcon Shores and Nvidia’s B100 and B200 GPUs have TDPs higher than 1,000 watts, the CryoFuze 5's thermal performance isn’t that far ahead of its competitors.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

This AI trend start being laughable. One more stupid than the others. You like stupidity @Vasudev?

Cooler Master introduces colored ‘AI Thermal Paste’ — CryoFuze 5 comes with nano-diamond technology

Cooler Master uses the AI branding on CryoFuze 5, but there is nothing AI about a thermal paste solution. While perhaps Cooler Master could've designed it for AI processors, especially as next-generation AI chips like Intel’s Falcon Shores and Nvidia’s B100 and B200 GPUs have TDPs higher than 1,000 watts, the CryoFuze 5's thermal performance isn’t that far ahead of its competitors.

More brands trying to milk the AI trend the best as they can!. I dont think it'll make any different in temps anyways!.

• Thumb Up 2

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

On 5/22/2024 at 1:00 AM, Papusan said:

Who knows if it was suggested by AI chatbot? Would have been better if AI could find better materials. I hope they include an NPU with the box.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1