NotebookTalk

I am looking for bios for P870DM2 with compatibility for rtx3080

Grai

1 hour ago, Developer79 said:

The standard bios works without problems with the RTX30xx series!!! You don't necessarily need a modified bios!It only looks nice in the Bios menu, otherwise not 🙂

Well it doesn't give me an image

On 3/18/2024 at 11:03 AM, Developer79 said:

Ok, the laptop won't turn on at all! Do I understand correctly?:-)

The laptop turns on. 

I have an mxm to pci x1 adapter with which I have been able to run a gtx1070 and a gp106 505 kc a1, I have tested the gtx1080 but it does not detect it, would you be able to tell me if it is because it needs direct power from the 8 pin connector? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 11:03 AM, Developer79 said:

Ok, the laptop won't turn on at all! Do I understand correctly?:-)

Solved.  Checking the tantalum inductors/capacitors it gave a resistance of 0.1 ohms, a short, so as a precaution I returned it.  A few days ago I received a new and cheaper 3080, when testing the resistance of the inductors to negative it is 1.8 ohms, it gave an image without a problem.

Image 1 is a 1070 square format msi in the slave mxm correctly detected alongside the 1080. In image 2 the defective 3080 in the slave mxm next to the 1080 with most of the data duplicated from the 1080 and although with the drivers Correctly installed, the graphics did not work.

Screenshot_20240416_210307.jpg

Screenshot_20240416_205726.jpg