NotebookTalk

what would be the best year to be born if you had to choose.?

just as the tittle says. if you could choose when would you have like to be born.

i think i am in the right time. because i watched how the world has evolved. 

like video games not sure what a kid that was born 10 years ago feel about games.

that i mean was i watched evolved from the atari 2600 like basketball game the person was just like made out of 3-4 lines. to now be able to acturally see their shoes in great detail. i think you appreaciate more hhow games evolved.

new technology was coming out and that was exciting.

and also i can say i lived when there was no cell phones.. i was out playing with friends. you had to go to their houses if wanted to talk to them.

theres this time where i would of also liked if i had live like in the western era. in the 50's too

i was born in the late 70's and love it.. but i also think about how things would be in the future with technology how far we would get as human species.

whats yours.?

• Thumb Up 2

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Past couple years I sometimes have a feeling that people who are currently in their 60s-70s are quite lucky. The future at present seems very uncertain and the world is heading down a wrong, self-destructing path at an ever-increasing pace. Not sure how much we have left, as civilization...

I've had a pretty fun childhood, less tech, more outdoor time et. al., so in that regard I don't think I'd want to be born later in time, with all the Facepoops/TikToks/Twatters and rest of the bunch, brainwashing everyone around, while I still haven't developed my views on things and learned to avoid social media at large.

I can very much relate to having to go over to a friend's house to get them out, instead of just texting or calling or whatever. Fun times...

I also sometimes pictured living in older times, western, medieval, or even earlier, but I'm not sure the reality would be as fun as TV and games are portraying it :classic_laugh:

"Born too late to explore the Earth, born too early to explore the universe, born just in time to browse dank memes"

• Thumb Up 2

GitHub

Currently and formerly owned laptops (specs below):

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 5560
N-1                             -> Dell Precision 5560 (my lady's)

Razor Crest              -> Lenovo ThinkPad P16 (work)
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530 (work)
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

Spoiler

Senenity / N-1: Dell Precision 5560
    i7-11800H CPU
    1x32 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    512 GB SSD
    NVIDIA T1200
    FHD+ 1920x1200
    PopOS 22.04

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Ubuntu 22.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

4 hours ago, serpro69 said:

Past couple years I sometimes have a feeling that people who are currently in their 60s-70s are quite lucky. The future at present seems very uncertain and the world is heading down a wrong, self-destructing path at an ever-increasing pace. Not sure how much we have left, as civilization...

I've had a pretty fun childhood, less tech, more outdoor time et. al., so in that regard I don't think I'd want to be born later in time, with all the Facepoops/TikToks/Twatters and rest of the bunch, brainwashing everyone around, while I still haven't developed my views on things and learned to avoid social media at large.

I can very much relate to having to go over to a friend's house to get them out, instead of just texting or calling or whatever. Fun times...

I also sometimes pictured living in older times, western, medieval, or even earlier, but I'm not sure the reality would be as fun as TV and games are portraying it :classic_laugh:

yes people like around 70 80. lived different. my mother used to tell me how they would sleep outside without beign bother. how they used to walk miles to go to near town to parties all walking on foot. relationships were different back then.

too many social as you mentioned is not good like you said brainwash ect. but i do acknowledge that technology does help if use in the correct way.

we wouldnt be having this chat if it wasnt for technology

at wonder at times how livingwith no electricity or water services be like.

at wester when i watch movies i always think i wonder how stinky they might be they are  always sweaty.

• Thumb Up 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Born in mid-80s.  I consider it to be a good time to experience technological progression.  I am able to remember what the world was like before the Internet and cell phones, experienced the world of the early Internet and dial-up, and broadband was mainstream by the time that I went to college.  Still a long way to go, too.  Lots of "dangers" but lots of potential for progress as well.

I do miss the days when computer specs were doubling every couple of years.  Things have flattened off a lot.

Funny how I have come to think of myself as an "old school" tech guy.  I prefer spending time on my laptop over spending time on my phone, I prefer forums like this to big conglomerate sites like Reddit, and I don't consume social media and have never spent any time on TikTok.

I also appreciate being able to experience the progression of video games; I missed the Atari, but definitely remember spending a fair amount of time with the NES.  I am a bit wary of the games that kids are into nowadays ("live service" / microtransaction style games seem to be in the mainstream).  Though on the flip side...  I've been playing through some older games with my kids and they have never, ever complained about bad graphics, ha.

• Thumb Up 2

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal) • Dell Precision 7560 (work) • Full specs in spoiler block below
Info posts (Windows) — Turbo boost toggle • The problem with Windows 11 • About Windows 10 LTSC

Spoiler

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal)

• M2 Max
    • 4 efficiency cores
    • 8 performance cores
    • 38-core Apple GPU
  • 96GB LPDDR5-6400
  • 8TB SSD
  • macOS 14 "Sonoma"
  • 16.2" 3456×2234 120 Hz mini-LED ProMotion display
  • Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3
  • 99.6Wh battery
  • 1080p webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Also — iPhone 12 Pro 512GB, Apple Watch Series 8

Dell Precision 7560 (work)

• Intel Xeon W-11955M ("Tiger Lake")
    • 8×2.6 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading ("Willow Cove")
  • 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC
  • NVIDIA RTX A2000 4GB
  • Storage:
    • 512GB system drive (Micron 2300)
    • 4TB additional storage (Sabrent Rocket Q4)
  • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
  • 15.6" 3940×2160 IPS display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX210 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3)
  • 95Wh battery
  • 720p IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Previous

• Dell Precision 7770, 7530, 7510, M4800, M6700
  • Dell Latitude E6520
  • Dell Inspiron 1720, 5150
  • Dell Latitude CPi

7 hours ago, Aaron44126 said:

Born in mid-80s.  I consider it to be a good time to experience technological progression.  I am able to remember what the world was like before the Internet and cell phones, experienced the world of the early Internet and dial-up, and broadband was mainstream by the time that I went to college.  Still a long way to go, too.  Lots of "dangers" but lots of potential for progress as well.

I do miss the days when computer specs were doubling every couple of years.  Things have flattened off a lot.

Funny how I have come to think of myself as an "old school" tech guy.  I prefer spending time on my laptop over spending time on my phone, I prefer forums like this to big conglomerate sites like Reddit, and I don't consume social media and have never spent any time on TikTok.

I also appreciate being able to experience the progression of video games; I missed the Atari, but definitely remember spending a fair amount of time with the NES.  I am a bit wary of the games that kids are into nowadays ("live service" / microtransaction style games seem to be in the mainstream).  Though on the flip side...  I've been playing through some older games with my kids and they have never, ever complained about bad graphics, ha.

i remember my first internet experience it was actually in a sega saturn when i was surfing on dial up think it was 16kb.  then 28kb on the america online.

that is an insteresting topic too about CPU clock speeds not going higher not sure if moores law hit the wall

i do spent time on phone and on PC. i do have facebook but havent open it in months and tik tok i have never used it either nor twitter now X or instagram.

some older games had pretty good graphics and was ahead of time.  evolution of arcades too. now console systems have surpassed them.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

sometime in the 50s or 60s. ud get all the economic boom era, not have to worry about climate change yet, enjoy stable jobs for basically ur whole working career, will be able to afford housing on a single fulltime salary, not have to worry about stuff like fake news or AI deepfakes, etc. 

BUT still get to enjoy lots of the goodies of the modern era in terms of tech, medicine, ease of travels, etc.

only have to be a bit more careful when it comes to lead poisoning and food additives, those still ran rampant lol. but cant have it all i guess hahaha

• Thumb Up 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

1950. you would 17 in 67  prime age for the entire movement.  Damn.  I need a time machine.

• Thumb Up 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

On 6/23/2024 at 2:59 PM, jaybee83 said:

sometime in the 50s or 60s. ud get all the economic boom era, not have to worry about climate change yet, enjoy stable jobs for basically ur whole working career, will be able to afford housing on a single fulltime salary, not have to worry about stuff like fake news or AI deepfakes, etc. 

BUT still get to enjoy lots of the goodies of the modern era in terms of tech, medicine, ease of travels, etc.

only have to be a bit more careful when it comes to lead poisoning and food additives, those still ran rampant lol. but cant have it all i guess hahaha

the food. i also have heard that we are more prone to health issues because additives to food. not so sure if that is the case.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

On 6/23/2024 at 4:38 PM, TreeTopsRanch said:

Born in the 30's. I am very happy. 😃

wow so you are in early 90's my dad is a month in a half to be 90.  congratulations.

so you seen alot more than us.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

On 6/26/2024 at 2:20 PM, kojack said:

1950. you would 17 in 67  prime age for the entire movement.  Damn.  I need a time machine.

the 50's had good music.

i also would like a time machine i had the bests of times when i was in middle school and high school.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

15 hours ago, raptorddd said:

the 50's had good music.

i also would like a time machine i had the bests of times when i was in middle school and high school.

I agree, but the rest of the hippie movement was nowhere to be found then. ha ha!  I am a flower child at heart even though I was born 10 years after the start of it.

• Thumb Up 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

• 1 month later...

Any year but 84

I was born the year of the rat lol..worst year ever

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 8/4/2024 at 1:05 PM, ryan said:

Any year but 84

I was born the year of the rat lol..worst year ever

i wonder how technolog will be in 300 years.

i was born at a world series baseball on 78

• Like 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Lol..haha. yeah man technology will be crazy advanced. Great mode of thinking. With advances in ai things could wind up being near infinite is complexity 

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled