NotebookTalk

I changed my own engine oil for the first time.

Meaker

11 hours ago, kojack said:

Any car/truck/SUV that I have owned and was driven in the winter here had it's windshield replaced before it gets any swirls.  They use boulders here for ice control, so sure as there is S*@T in a cat, my glass gets cracked, chipped, stoneshot every winter. 

:O) that is what I have been hoping to happen!! for years!,

A big stone (greatetst chances in winter\snow\salt\grit times) and a real crack \ serious dent then I'd only have to pay a few %'s and the insurance would give me a shiny new screen. But nope, passes all tech inspections, never any real damage, just matted\dulled by wiper wear (van is 19 years! but low mileage and well maintained\reliable\practical so I keep it). And as mentinonned could have throwed a stone and called the insurance, but such activity no (longer lol) part of my lifestyle.

• Thumb Up 1

Dell Precision 5540 w10 ltsc 1809 \ O&O shutup, Dell E7440 w8.1, Tosh w8.1, HP i5 desktop w10 ltsc 1809 \ O&O shutup
Stand with ua.jpg

Windscreen report for anyone interested. Have driven today in different low sun front\sides conditions, outstanding improvement.

Sun ahead & could now now see the road ...and  the cyclists + someone walking, instead of blinded by a million sun reflection stripes. Cannot see or find any glass degradation at all after the machining, just everything clearer. & an easy, inexpensive, relaxing job. So far 5 x 20 minutes polishing rounds with a good dose of compound each time.

So this Mirka Polarshine bottle does what it says on the label (at least on my specific screen, my way of working, my time spent etc). Vague estimation of how it works, it (well, the polishing machine) will remove some µ mm's thickness of glass. The harder-than-glass polishing particles in the compound will during that of course make 'new stripes', but with a size of 0,003 mm = invisible for driver (and sun), polishing\grinding off the wiper induced stripes which were maybe something like (guessing) 0,1 or 0,05 mm.

On top of now seeing the road ahead, got the dead airconditioning fixed today (currently in south europe, 35 degrees midday) = a great car day 🤩

• Thumb Up 2

Dell Precision 5540 w10 ltsc 1809 \ O&O shutup, Dell E7440 w8.1, Tosh w8.1, HP i5 desktop w10 ltsc 1809 \ O&O shutup
Stand with ua.jpg