NotebookTalk

What web browser are you using, and why?

Mr. Fox

What browser are you using, and why?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 01/01/2027 at 06:59 AM

• 2 weeks later...

Alternative browser Arc is coming to Windows

Arc has become a popular alternative to Chrome and Safari on iOS and Mac in recent years, and now the developers have released a Windows version.

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Chrome wouldn't run on x170 when I first got it, so I switched to Edge. I like it well enough. Firefox always struck me as a little clunky but i routinely have to use all 3 to fix something that works in one but not another.

• 3 weeks later...

Changing to brave and testing it for me if i can survive with this :D

• Like 1

cheerio

jp

1. Desktop Gaming RIG | i7 13700KF | MSI MEGZ690 Unify | F5-6400 CL32 not testet yet  | M.2_1 SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 1TB | MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio white Edition | Lian Li O11D XL with 10 Fan setup | 3 bottom (in-take) | 3 top (in-take) | 3 side (out-take | 1 back (out.take)
2. Mobile Gaming | Raider GE78HX 13VI

3. MSI GS63VR 6RF Stealth
4. MSI GE73VR 7RF Raider with 4K Screen

R.I.P GE76 Raider 11UH-208 UK with BOE CQ NE173QHM-NZ1 WQHD 240Hz

Google's new AI summaries are getting advertising
https://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/38868-googles-nya-ai-sammanfattningar-far-reklam

Anyone who thought that AI overviews could be used to get a quick summary of their questions without simultaneously receiving sponsor messages may be disappointed. No one who has followed developments in recent years should be surprised, however, as Google has been accused of degrading its own search service in order to make more money from users' searches.

• Thumb Up 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

And google looks more and more as a disaster. You can't trust the search results with and from Chrome anymore.

Google’s AI Overview is a “disaster”

Google's new AI search engine AI Overview generates strange errors. The search engine provider is now deleting them manually.

Google set to phase out Manifest V2 in a few days, breaking many ad blockers

THE YEAR OF FIREFOX: Google initially announced the Manifest V3 API in 2018, but the new extension technology was delayed several times because of the intrinsic limitations it imposed on ad blockers and security add-ons. Now that it is ready for release, Mountain View will begin phasing out Manifest V2 extensions in Chrome next month.

I can no longer remember why I initially decided to go this way, but I have never had problems with Opera browser and it remains the main and most convenient for me. Now I want to try to interact more with Chrome and Firefox and I think it might also be a good choice.

• Thumb Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Thumb Up 1