NotebookTalk

Warp drive? nah! hmm maybe? yes big news inside

ryan

Very cool. I have a feeling we'd make much quicker actual progress in this area if it was more of a "high profile" interest and more resources supported this. So far humanity seems to be making all the wrong choices on where to put effort in... sadly.

I have no idea why they needed to put musk on the cover of the video. He's most well known for his wild and unrealistic promises. This almost made me not watch and just click away. I say this from experience, a few years ago I actually used to like him, I also had a tesla for about 2 years. One of the more poor purchase decisions of mine...

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

One can only hope, that in our lifetime we might be able to finally witness the breakthrough that will enable the Human Race to become a spacefaring specie. But for now I can only dream of a future with Dr. Liara T'soni.

10 hours ago, cucubits said:

I have no idea why they needed to put musk on the cover of the video. He's most well known for his wild and unrealistic promises. This almost made me not watch and just click away. I say this from experience, a few years ago I actually used to like him, I also had a tesla for about 2 years. One of the more poor purchase decisions of mine...

Well Musk is kind of the poster boy of space travel, it wouldn't be an attention catching video without the thumbnail having Elon behind a podium with no less, the Nasa insignia AND a ship from Star Trek (sorry don't know the ship type or name 😅 don't vaporize me). 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

7 hours ago, duskw4lker said:

One can only hope, that in our lifetime we might be able to finally witness the breakthrough that will enable the Human Race to become a spacefaring specie. But for now I can only dream of a future with Dr. Liara T'soni.

Well Musk is kind of the poster boy of space travel, it wouldn't be an attention catching video without the thumbnail having Elon behind a podium with no less, the Nasa insignia AND a ship from Star Trek (sorry don't know the ship type or name 😅 don't vaporize me). 

That there is the original NCC-1701        USS Enterprise from Startrek :thumbs-up-100:

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

its crazy seeing stuff from star trek becoming reality. even 3d printing is a step in the right direction

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

5 hours ago, ryan said:

its crazy seeing stuff from star trek becoming reality. even 3d printing is a step in the right direction

Even crazier is nano 3D printing according to the video. Nano scale "One nanometre can be expressed in scientific notation as 1×10⁻⁹ m, and as 1/1000000000 metres" that's smaller than cellular level, for reference organelles (mitochondria for example) in a cell are in order of micrometers -  1×10⁻⁶ metre; that is, one millionth of a metre. The next step would be angstrom and that's molecular level 😮 I mean there's actually humans crafting and shaping matter at that really really really small scale.

• Thumb Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

it looks like they will be making a star ship capable of faster than light travel....need to find the video...also i take elon with a grain of salt, he gets ahead of himself kinda like colonizing mars, its possible but not very likely in his lifetime

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 hours ago, ryan said:

it looks like they will be making a star ship capable of faster than light travel....need to find the video...also i take elon with a grain of salt, he gets ahead of himself kinda like colonizing mars, its possible but not very likely in his lifetime

If humanity survives long enough...I would like to see Mars :classic_ohmy:

sorry bro...good news we can save ourselves now....bad news we won't

• Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

16 hours ago, ryan said:

sorry bro...good news we can save ourselves now....bad news we won't

I hope you (we) are wrong...but I think we are right :classic_sad:

its really sad, i can't imagine what my 10 yearold niece will have to go through just to stay alive

by the time shes 40 most of the world will be uninhabitable

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 1 month later...

kinda on topic has anyone heard anything about the white hole discovery? I hear its big news and is starting to get attention

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

55 minutes ago, ryan said:

kinda on topic has anyone heard anything about the white hole discovery? I hear its big news and is starting to get attention

weeeell....its not really a "discovery" per se. this yt vid here only mentions a paper that theorizes a gamma ray burst back in 2006 "might" have been a white hole, but that's about it... aside from that, actually havent found any other reference to this.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

thats it...I was like havent they talked about this for 100 years...but nothing..sometimes it feels like scientists ect are just killing time albiet time is an illusion and there is only now in existance

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I gotta agree with Jaybee on this and say it looks like a whole load of hot air. I mean it's some fun theorising for sure, but the title of the video is flat out a click-bait lie. It does not appear that they have ever created a warp bubble as it claims, nor even have any real plans to do so. The critical quote upon which the entire video seems to rest appears at 6:53 which could be translated into something like "we made a model which led us to believe that it could be possible to manufacture something very tiny that we predict could have some particular characteristics that would lead to a warp bubble".

There are so many red flags of speculative language in that video it really becomes the most entertaining part of it, e.g.:
"..predicted to generate..."
"...this is a potential structure.."
"..is a speculative idea.."
"..have neither built nor tested the proposed design..... there is no plan to do this currently"

And my personal favourite:
"..believes that chip scales experiments might be explored to attempt to measure tiny signatures illustrative of the presence of the conjectured phenomenon"  😄

Sorry to say but nobody is going further than Mars any time in the foreseeable future. So please look after the one and only planet we've got  🍂 ☺️

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

theirs no need for sorrys. It looks like its possible at least in theory and if one can dream it! another can build it. worlds created on imaginative ideas. I prefer to argue nothing as everything well almost is possible. perhaps when we are in a matrix aka computer simulation things will get interesting and nothing will be impossible

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled