NotebookTalk

Crysis 4 Offically announced! big news for pc gamers, could be good, bad, or ugly(probably not)

ryan

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

It is rare. Some people might remember my demonstration of childish glee in the Crysis 3 thread at NBR when that was launched. That was the last example I can identify when I was thrilled by a new game release. The thought that I might have one more opportunity to experience that level of gaming satisfaction before I get too old to care gives me something to look forward to. Even so, I know the risk that it will be added to the ever-growing stack of reasons to be disappointed with technology in general, and gaming specifically, has never been greater.

Games usually go the same way for me that movies do. The ones that critics hate the most are the ones I enjoy most. And, the titles they are most obsessed with are generally the ones that I hate before the trailer ends, or I get bored and lose interest in playing after 30 to 60 minutes of me trying to figure out what all the commotion was about.

i guess thats the downside of getting older (among others), at some point were getting a bit "stuck" in out tastes and ways and cannot quite keep up with the ever changing landscape and mainstream tastes / designs, etc. im not quite there yet myself, but i can already feel it creeping up on me. i.e. social media, mobile gaming, subscription services, wearables, IoT / smart home devices, theyre all trends that become more and more popular but i just look at them, shrug and couldnt care less or spend a dime on any of them. which is weird, considering im a total tech nerd and love any new tech that comes out. but lots of time i just scratch my head and ask myself: who tf needs this? u cant just look into your fridge and figure out yourself what kinda groceries u need? or u REALLY need to have your living room lights voice controlled and in RGB? seriously? and yeah, not to mention all the added security risks ure basically adding to your own home and its security....

in any case, sorry for the thread derail folks! ill be curious to see what crysis 4 brings to the table 🙂 im hoping for NO multiplayer-only, NO micro transactions, NO coop-block, NO online online, lets see if thats too much to ask for 😛 

• Like 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

2 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

i guess thats the downside of getting older (among others), at some point were getting a bit "stuck" in out tastes and ways and cannot quite keep up with the ever changing landscape and mainstream tastes / designs, etc. im not quite there yet myself, but i can already feel it creeping up on me. i.e. social media, mobile gaming, subscription services, wearables, IoT / smart home devices, theyre all trends that become more and more popular but i just look at them, shrug and couldnt care less or spend a dime on any of them. which is weird, considering im a total tech nerd and love any new tech that comes out. but lots of time i just scratch my head and ask myself: who tf needs this? u cant just look into your fridge and figure out yourself what kinda groceries u need? or u REALLY need to have your living room lights voice controlled and in RGB? seriously? and yeah, not to mention all the added security risks ure basically adding to your own home and its security....

in any case, sorry for the thread derail folks! ill be curious to see what crysis 4 brings to the table 🙂 im hoping for NO multiplayer-only, NO micro transactions, NO coop-block, NO online online, lets see if thats too much to ask for 😛 

I was this way when I was young and foolish LOL. I'm often criticized because of being a catalyst and an agent of change in business circles. I am only set in my ways when I don't approve of the options or they don't fit my program. If something is a better idea, I will support it. I love better ideas and there are often better ways to do things. Change for the sake of change is dumb. Variety is not a legitimate basis for it. I am biased and hold to a don't fix what isn't broken approach. Being new is not a virtue. Being better is. No compromise, no negotiating, no trophy for participating. Ugly is ugly. If we call it different or pretend it is special, then we are either confused or lying. Being ugly is not OK.

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.