NotebookTalk

Crysis 4 Offically announced! big news for pc gamers, could be good, bad, or ugly(probably not)

ryan

Pretty big news, if they do what they did with crysis 1 this could big huge for pc gamers and after seeing crysis remastered and it being constantly updated i'm hopefull

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Here,s hoping it is a worthy sequel. I,m pretty skeptical nowadays though with all the pc etc junk they insert, way too much activism inserted nobody asked for and make the games worse. After so long though it,s probably all new staff and even execs, I dont keep up w all the studio buy outs too much but I doubt the crysis 3 people are still involved. Indies are really where it,s at now to me, who knows though.

• Thumb Up 1

Its kinda weird they would make a 4th Crysis game after how the 3rd one ended.

Hopefully they'll go back to Crysis 1 roots this time.

• Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

I still haven't finished Crysis 3. I'd say I'm lukewarm about it, I may grab it on a sale of if it's happens to hit gamepass.

• Thumb Up 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

I beat crysis 3 like 3 times but I don't care for it....hopefully they smarten up

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Crysis series has always been lukewarm for me overall, I did replay 2 a while back and it was just ok it was probably better when it first came out and there wasn't an avalanche of games, 3 I keep installed but haven't been back to it since I replayed 2. Obviously the IP can still sell games even if they are just better graphics but overall a downgrade sad how that works, weekend at bernies syndrome for games lol Still as I said it could work well, I'd mention the tomb raider reboots which were overall good and modernized the series. I still play the old school TR classics here and there though.

• Haha 1

yeah I found the games after 1 and warhead weak...poor story and just not fun....but heres hoping they go back to their roots

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I never actually finished the original... I did play the demo just to see if my 2007 laptop could play Crysis (it could, at 22 FPS with the lowest graphics settings), and eventually bought the original, but for me it never out-competed COD4, the Half-Life series, and Chivalry in terms of what I wanted to play.

Mainly I'll be interested in this one to see whether my PC can run it.  I'll be disappointed if it can.

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)

I don't care if it will run or not, I want cutting edge graphics basically photorealistic this time around if I can run it great if I cant thats cool too always fun tweaking

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 months later...

it looks like crysis 4 is a thing it will in all honesty probably be photorealistic with proper light filters to allow for this....but I wonder if they will make it actually fun to play vs just being a  boring tech demo....if crytek is listening please scrap crysis 2-3 ideas....your dead wrong go back to crysis 1 ideologies

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

5 hours ago, ryan said:

it looks like crysis 4 is a thing it will in all honesty probably be photorealistic with proper light filters to allow for this....but I wonder if they will make it actually fun to play vs just being a  boring tech demo....if crytek is listening please scrap crysis 2-3 ideas....your dead wrong go back to crysis 1 ideologies

couldnt agree more. lets hope they learned from past mistakes and listen to their community this time around 🙂 

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

like as in 1 guy making 300 million usd?? no

break even? yes everyone got paid obscene salaries? yup

By May 2010, the game had sold over 3 million units (and its standalone expansion about 1.5 million units) making it one of the best selling PC games of all time.

CEO and President of game developer Crytek said Crysis cost 15 million Euros (22 million USD) to develop during a panel about the future of gaming graphics at the Games Convention Developers Conference in Leipzig, Germany. Yet despite the cost, Yerli maintained the game was profitable, adding, "if it wasn't profitable I wouldn't be able to stand here."

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

40 minutes ago, ryan said:

like as in 1 guy making 300 million usd?? no

break even? yes everyone got paid obscene salaries? yup

By May 2010, the game had sold over 3 million units (and its standalone expansion about 1.5 million units) making it one of the best selling PC games of all time.

CEO and President of game developer Crytek said Crysis cost 15 million Euros (22 million USD) to develop during a panel about the future of gaming graphics at the Games Convention Developers Conference in Leipzig, Germany. Yet despite the cost, Yerli maintained the game was profitable, adding, "if it wasn't profitable I wouldn't be able to stand here."

No I mean just if it was a profitable venture, plain and simple. 22mil in 07' is 31mil in 22'

Hopefully they can get some momentum going, I'd like to see more from them.

3 hours ago, ryan said:

Yerli maintained the game was profitable

Im pretty sure the answer is yes

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

5 hours ago, ryan said:

Im pretty sure the answer is yes

If someone has to maintain the position that it was profitable, it means that there is doubt that it was so.

Which speaking from a neutral position makes sense logically, open world titles are often difficult to fill with content. They also lost a lot of the PC base when their design philosophy changed from the original to the sequels to chase the console money, then they hit financial woes. Also considering that a number of their resources were in Kyiv (Ukraine) which is currently embroiled in war. They've likely burned bridges with EA and Ubisoft already since they didnt fold under eithers portfolio, but perhaps they would be open to further partnership again.

They've got an uphill battle, but its not like I want them to fail. It would need some serious Project Management and a maniacal focus, but those are things they've pulled off before!

they say it was but no one really knows.....they made crysis 2 and 3 that way to increase profits,,,if 1 was so profitable why change the formula

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

they say it was but no one really knows.....they made crysis 2 and 3 that way to increase profits,,,if 1 was so profitable why change the formula

Like how many great titles it was both a passion project and also an issue of professional pride iirc. 

It's difficult to retain that same focus especially when you start looking at consoles as a serious market. Since at the time you are devving for 3 platforms instead of one. 

Heck maybe they can just do pc again since 2007 pc gaming has become more mainstream, I look forward to their success :) 

• Thumb Up 1

• 3 months later...

Because I am not an avid gamer, I am just now finding out about this. Kudos to Brother @ryanfor starting the thread. I might have known my fellow Crysis fanboy would have done so. I came to start a thread and thought to myself, "Self. Ryan probably already started a thread. Check first." And *BAM* he had! I pay so little attention to games that it took 10 months for me to notice, and the only reason I even know now is because I went to install Crysis 3 and saw it, LOL. Maybe "not an avid gamer unless it is Crysis or Quake" is more precise. I know some didn't like 2 and 3, but I loved them all.

Crysis titles are my all-time favorite franchise. There is NOT ONE I do not love and haven't played through a half-dozen times or more. (I am not counting the online one, which I don't even remember because online multiplayer gameplay sucks to me.) I sure do hope they don't eff this up by making it an online MP like they did with CoD. That sucked because I used to be a CoD fanatic, too.

Anyhoo... I am super excited about this. I haven't been this excited about a game release since Crysis 3. I also haven't purchased a new release at normal retail price since Crysis 3. This might be my next one. I almost wish I hadn't seen this now. It's going to be something I am impatient for and I would have been better off finding out after launch day.

image.png.4cb996bcfeddf59e6f4aa2b929e7945a.png

• Haha 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

8 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Because I am not an avid gamer, I am just now finding out about this. Kudos to Brother @ryanfor starting the thread. I might have known my fellow Crysis fanboy would have done so. I came to start a thread and thought to myself, "Self. Ryan probably already started a thread. Check first." And *BAM* he had! I pay so little attention to games that it took 10 months for me to notice, and the only reason I even know now is because I went to install Crysis 3 and saw it, LOL. Maybe "not an avid gamer unless it is Crysis or Quake" is more precise. I know some didn't like 2 and 3, but I loved them all.

Crysis titles are my all-time favorite franchise. There is NOT ONE I do not love and haven't played through a half-dozen times or more. (I am not counting the online one, which I don't even remember because online multiplayer gameplay sucks to me.) I sure do hope they don't eff this up by making it an online MP like they did with CoD. That sucked because I used to be a CoD fanatic, too.

Anyhoo... I am super excited about this. I haven't been this excited about a game release since Crysis 3. I also haven't purchased a new release at normal retail price since Crysis 3. This might be my next one. I almost wish I hadn't seen this now. It's going to be something I am impatient for and I would have been better off finding out after launch day.

image.png.4cb996bcfeddf59e6f4aa2b929e7945a.png

haha wow, very unusual to see you so excited about a game release! thats awesome 🙂 

• Thumb Up 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Im not keeping my hopes up, think the hype is gone and it will be with consoles in mind made, so no tehnical  wonder this time like 1.

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

On 10/9/2022 at 7:30 AM, jaybee83 said:

haha wow, very unusual to see you so excited about a game release! thats awesome 🙂 

It is rare. Some people might remember my demonstration of childish glee in the Crysis 3 thread at NBR when that was launched. That was the last example I can identify when I was thrilled by a new game release. The thought that I might have one more opportunity to experience that level of gaming satisfaction before I get too old to care gives me something to look forward to. Even so, I know the risk that it will be added to the ever-growing stack of reasons to be disappointed with technology in general, and gaming specifically, has never been greater.

Games usually go the same way for me that movies do. The ones that critics hate the most are the ones I enjoy most. And, the titles they are most obsessed with are generally the ones that I hate before the trailer ends, or I get bored and lose interest in playing after 30 to 60 minutes of me trying to figure out what all the commotion was about.

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.