Xbox controller

And a razer balisk ultra mouse Bluetooth and 2.4ghz

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

IMG20230520185354.jpg

• Thumb Up 3

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

On 4/19/2022 at 11:04 AM, Mr. Fox said:

I have 4 Noctua fans in Banshee, as shown in the above photo. I got them on sale for about half normal price quite some time ago. They are also weaker than I expected them to be, which is probably why they were so cheap. Running full blast they are not very loud, and don't seem to push more air at full speed. I do not care for the weirdness of their colors and wish I would have stuck with an ordinary high-powered (noisy) black plastic fan. 

Yours must be faulty. My Noctua's are awesome, silent but move the air that's needed to be moved efficiently.  I will put pictures of my system up when I get my new monitor stand finish later today. 

The build is a Dell XPS 8940 SE, 10700, 2070 super, 128gb ram, 2tb NVME SSD, 1tb ssd, 512gb ssd, 8tb HDD, firewire card, and full Noctua cooling. All business, no flash. 

• Thumb Up 3

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

On 7/5/2023 at 2:58 AM, kojack said:

Yours must be faulty. My Noctua's are awesome, silent but move the air that's needed to be moved efficiently.  I will put pictures of my system up when I get my new monitor stand finish later today. 

The build is a Dell XPS 8940 SE, 10700, 2070 super, 128gb ram, 2tb NVME SSD, 1tb ssd, 512gb ssd, 8tb HDD, firewire card, and full Noctua cooling. All business, no flash. 

Do you have a picture of any of your laptops or desktops>?

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I do. But the site here is very picky about how many you can post. 

18 hours ago, ryan said:

Do you have a picture of any of your laptops or desktops>?

You can see my notebook, and my sons two in this thread. The wife's was absent from that photo as I was replacing the screen in his dell.  Mine is center, his old acer that still chugs along nicely is on the left, and his new to him (my old) dell is on the right with it's new touchscreen, 16gb of ram and a 500gb ssd. 

• Like 1

nice looking laptops, I wondered what they looked like those inspirons are thinner than expected.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

They are really thin and light.  I love them. For the money, I have not seen anything that I like as much. If money were not an issue, I would probably be rocking an Asus ProArt 16 or Razer 16. But, my trusty 14" two in one from dell with a few upgrades works for me now!. As for the old acer, it's a carbon copy of my other sons macbook air.  Just as thin and light, screen resolution is the same, has more upgradability with an extra ram slot and 2.5 inch ssd / hdd bay. I am going to format that and put linux on it. I was going to do a hackintosh, but screw that. 

• Thumb Up 1

I just installed windows 10 on my omen now I have a dual boot 11 and 10 laptop, not bad performance with windows 10 but not alot better after tweaking the crap out of 11. I would like to have chrome os and mac on my laptop also but I have no idea if its possible or how to do it.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I would love to have a quad boot system. 8tb drive sectioned into 2tb for each system. Win 11, Chrome OS, MacOS and linux of some flavor.  Would be a fun system for sure. 

Oprekin is potentially my next os but i kinda dont trust russian hackers as far as spyware goes, im not sure why but i don't.

Im just using two seperate ssds, 2tb for windows 11 and 1tb for windows 10

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

20230710_114613062_iOS.thumb.jpg.36c0ab36658193f59d6bf1c559cdbfed.jpg

Here's a look at the completed new dual monitor stand.  it's dark I know.  I had crappy light, plus my iPhone used the screens to judge the picture.  You can see my wifes dell inspiron 11 3000 doing it's updates too. 

• Thumb Up 3

I never got dual monitor setups. why not just buy a killer tv and do the same thing but with the option to have a full 16/9 when you need(gaming/movies).

one advantage I see is higher pixel density with monitors as well as better response time so long as your not comparing to an oled

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

8 hours ago, ryan said:

I never got dual monitor setups. why not just buy a killer tv and do the same thing but with the option to have a full 16/9 when you need(gaming/movies).

one advantage I see is higher pixel density with monitors as well as better response time so long as your not comparing to an oled

sometimes its less about gaming, but more about productivity. i have a dual monitor setup at work but use my 32 inch display at home for work, as well, dividing it up in two.

can also be a cost factor, using two smaller displays might be cheaper than one huge monitor. as for TVs, the situation has gotten better, but latency might still be an issue here and there. also, its not everyone's thing to have a gigantic TV right in your face and taking up desk space hahaha.

so yeah, might be lots of things 🙂

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

lol yeah. I have this gigantic 55in tv 1 foot from my face, funny having to move head around just to see quadrants. but when Im gaming or multi tasking moving windows around can be quite convine.. gaming sometimes I want to be in the game(vr or full screen) other times i want to see the whole image without moving head so I set it to 1440p windowed, looks sharp and clear and is roughly 37in 1440p image. if i want 1600p i set change resolution in windowed mode.....you see the point right? its pretty convine..with 2 monitors you still have to move your head. and you have less space to work with...50in rectangle  40x20 vs 40x40...i know thats not the ratio just sayin.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 minutes ago, ryan said:

lol yeah. I have this gigantic 55in tv 1 foot from my face, funny having to move head around just to see quadrants. but when Im gaming or multi tasking moving windows around can be quite convine.. gaming sometimes I want to be in the game(vr or full screen) other times i want to see the whole image without moving head so I set it to 1440p windowed, looks sharp and clear and is roughly 37in 1440p image. if i want 1600p i set change resolution in windowed mode.....you see the point right? its pretty convine..with 2 monitors you still have to move your head. and you have less space to work with...50in rectangle  40x20 vs 40x40...i know thats not the ratio just sayin.

in the end, what counts is that we have lots of options to choose from 🙂 whatever u go for, its always nice to have options. bad thing is when manufacturers artificially take that away...

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

On 7/13/2023 at 6:20 PM, ryan said:

I use dual monitors for photo/video/graphics work. Alot of my software takes advantage of dual monitor setups where as "splitting the screen" with a large monitor would not work the same. Now, I am just used to dual.  I have email and phone link open on one, and then either office, browser etc open on the other.  I don't really game.  Maybe play decenders or forza every now and then.  

I went back and forth before ordering the stand with should I get a 43" tv, or a 38" ultra wide, but using my dual 24"s are fine, and I keep my touchscreen for editing which I like alot better than mouse inputs. 

• Thumb Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

?I might buy a monitor for my secondary laptop, something thats between 27in-32in and 1440p or 1600p

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 3 weeks later...

"The Killer". Main machine. Have also at least 6-8 laptops and server for backups.

iTpPgcC.jpg

KILLER-SETUP

The old test bench.....

OLD-TEST-BENCH

Edit. Here's an  new desktop. Will be used as backup or and an extra server. Got it for free so it will have a nice life in Papusan's plaza.

OLE-0 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
  • Bump 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

KILLER!!

All black just the way it should be as per papusans likes. Bro I wish I had a 4090 setup right now, i'd be benching the heck out of it and playing the odd game. I can only watch youtube videos too see how it would perform in my favorite games. right now im having to turn down settings on new games. As for my setup I really like how clean it is, closed laptop with keyboard on top and tv in front, this TV X85J is seriously underrated hence why I bought it. its obscenely bright compared to my older tv and the color coverage is oled esque. blacks(contrast) are I think like 7000 to 1 which isn't like an oled or miniled but it still looks punchy. and as far as the 11th gen and 3060 go its great for most games and since most good games are a few years old its just right. but I can't help but ponder 120fps at 4k on new games

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

"The Killer"

iTpPgcC.jpg

KILLER-SETUP

The old test bench.....

OLD-TEST-BENCH

In the machine with the CX600 PSU, whats the crazy dual fans at 90 deg for?

6 hours ago, Papusan said:
6 hours ago, Papusan said:

"The Killer"

iTpPgcC.jpg

KILLER-SETUP

The old test bench.....

OLD-TEST-BENCH

yeeessssss big black box with tons of space, this is the way 😁

1 hour ago, ryan said:

i think he uses it for cross flow, push and pull setup

could be for mobo VRM cooling.

oh damn, just realized i havent even posted my setup here yet. will do once im back from vacay! be sure to remind me if it hasnt happened by this sunday yet haha

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

oh damn, just realized i havent even posted my setup here yet. will do once im back from vacay! be sure to remind me if it hasnt happened by this sunday yet haha

Never thought of that.  I installed the VRM heatsink on my board that never came with it.  Good call!

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

On 8/9/2023 at 10:36 AM, kojack said:

In the machine with the CX600 PSU, whats the crazy dual fans at 90 deg for?

See Jaybee's reply. He was spot on. This test machine run around +35% overclock and the cooling for the VRM on this board isn't the best. So it run with close to double the power vs with stock clocks. This means you need active cooling for the MB power delivery.

On 8/9/2023 at 12:27 PM, jaybee83 said:

Yep, I will never buy a mini-pc. Bigger the better 🙂 And with this chassis I have dual PSU setup for 2250W power🙂 And loads of power connectors.

Edit. Added in a new desktop setup in my post above.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel