NotebookTalk

NotebookTalk Show-n-Shine Thread - Show Off Your Rig Here

Mr. Fox

My PC setup is complete and will remain until the laptop gives in, not interested in anything at the moment, 4090 is nice but I dont have an itch to do anything higher than 4k60, or 144/1080p I think im good for a few years, once I get my gt500 cooler i should be able to get 10-20 percent more performance. Also their is one glaring issue with my setup its the 6gb vram, it just isnt enough

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Got two of these up and running this weekend. 

Putting in an earnest effort to setting up a virtual sandbox with hopes of gpu pass through in the future. I didn't like seeing 5x 5700xt's just collecting dust so it's turning into an interesting project. 

Goals are professionally focused for now though. Want to set up an sccm/mdt server to test deployments to various systems. 

I also have 6x hp t630's I may try my hand at HA or clustering but that will be a little further off. 

PXL_20231001_223920183.jpg

PXL_20231001_215549123.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

16 hours ago, Reciever said:

I didn't like seeing 5x 5700xt's just collecting dust

I heard crypto is going up, did you debate getting back into mining?

Nice setup, I wish I had something similar right now im stuck with a 11800h and 8 cores with no chance of owning a server in the short term. what would you recommend cpu wise/gpu wise for starting out?

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, ryan said:

I heard crypto is going up, did you debate getting back into mining?

Nice setup, I wish I had something similar right now im stuck with a 11800h and 8 cores with no chance of owning a server in the short term. what would you recommend cpu wise/gpu wise for starting out?

I could mine right now since my power is free from 8pm - 6am but it's a lot of hassle. Mining already got me some pc stuff and the 3090 the rest is just sitting until it hits the right value to sell. 

These are meant to be VM sandboxes since professional development should yield higher returns than mining would. I still have a couple more precision T7810 towers that I could retrofit for mining but I would have to go through and setup schedules and timers to make sure it mines only at the right times, the right coins. I will still do that when winter is in full swing to warm up the house. 

When it comes to home labs, really anything will do. What I have is overkill at the moment. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah my first post was going to be. That is overkill for me personally.  I really think bit coin is here to stay and there's still a chance it could eventually hit 100k. They have been speculating for years. I don't want to be nosey but do you think it's worth ming on a single 3060 gpu. And how much could one expect with 24/7 ming per month. I really look up to you guys. I find it interesting how eclectic your knowledge in electronics is.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

43 minutes ago, ryan said:

Yeah my first post was going to be. That is overkill for me personally.  I really think bit coin is here to stay and there's still a chance it could eventually hit 100k. They have been speculating for years. I don't want to be nosey but do you think it's worth ming on a single 3060 gpu. And how much could one expect with 24/7 ming per month. I really look up to you guys. I find it interesting how eclectic your knowledge in electronics is.

Not a laptop, not ideal since memory is what gets roasted, not the GPU. 

Better to just put in some cash than to mine. Even with a 4090 you'd be mining at a loss, and its no better than a 3090 in that regard.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Shark00n said:

Here's my rig, no more high performance laptops for me

FiiyLqi.jpg

More photos and details on PC Part Picker - Say hello to my little friend! by Shark00n - AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 - PCPartPicker

Very clean! Nice work building that out 

• Thumb Up 1

7 hours ago, Shark00n said:

FiiyLqi.jpg

More photos and details on PC Part Picker - Say hello to my little friend! by Shark00n - AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 - PCPartPicker

That is beautiful bro, nice!

I'm past the laptop stage now after returning my G18 (twice!). I've been researching and dabbling in ITX land casually the last 4 months or so.

Nice pics on top of it too.

• Thumb Up 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

Thanks!

Yeah ITX is in a great place right now. Huge community of people building tiny PCs, lots of case and motherboard choice, good PSUs, lots of air/watercooling stuff made specially for tiny cases.

Plus the nvidia 40 series and ryzen CPUs offer so much control in terms of performance per watt you don’t have to give up much performance. There’s also a 4060 low profile card available that’s awesome for super tiny media/gaming station kind builds, even the 4090 can be tiny once you slap a waterblock on it 😄

Thanks but I think the photos are terrible! 😅🤣 Don’t have proper lighting in here…

Next step I need to get me a pelican type transport case for it 😁

• Thumb Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 5:42 PM, Shark00n said:

FiiyLqi.jpg

That's clean.  great job. 

• Thumb Up 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

I need to get my office/workspace cleaned up and get some updated pictures of my desktop setup.  I am upgrading my monitors soon to two dell 27 4k ultrasharp monitors soon. I will miss my touch, but I have plans for that as well.  

• Thumb Up 2

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses