Jump to content
NotebookTalk

DRIVERS & SUPPORT FOR LAPTOPS & DESKTOPS (Intel, Nvidia and AMD).


Recommended Posts

As the thread title say. The thread is about "DRIVERS & SUPPORT FOR LAPTOPS & DESKTOPS (Intel, Nvidia and AMD). 

  • Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

 

                                               Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

                             

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 512.77 WHQL
https://videocardz.com/driver/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-512-77-whql

 

image.png.27e87a64e2c12f9d4cff859124ab335e.png

 

Driver download links for desktops & laptops in the article.

 

You can find the NVIDIA release notes here.

 

See also here.... NVIDIA GeForce 512.77 WHQL driver download & Discussion at Guru3.com/forum

 

Please post your results. I wonder how much this new Nvidia driver will destroy for the users. 

EqBLFTy.gif

 

Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.5.1 Released
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v18051-released

  • Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

 

                                               Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

                             

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Papusan changed the title to DRIVERS & SUPPORT FOR LAPTOPS & DESKTOPS (Intel, Nvidia and AMD).
22 minutes ago, Papusan said:

NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 512.77 WHQL
https://videocardz.com/driver/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-512-77-whql

 

image.png.27e87a64e2c12f9d4cff859124ab335e.png

 

Driver download links for desktops & laptops in the article.

 

You can find the NVIDIA release notes here.

 

See also here.... NVIDIA GeForce 512.77 WHQL driver download & Discussion at Guru3.com/forum

 

Please post your results. I wonder how much this new Nvidia driver will destroy for the users. 

EqBLFTy.gif

aaaaah, another NBR tradition transferred, i love it. let the driver wars begin 🤪

  • Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

aaaaah, another NBR tradition transferred, i love it. let the driver wars begin 🤪

I appreciate your huge engagement bro jaybee🙂 And yep, I knew you would be sucked freely into new threads like this one🙂 @Mr. Fox have you already test it?

  • Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

 

                                               Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

                             

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Papusan said:

I appreciate your huge engagement bro jaybee🙂 And yep, I knew you would be sucked freely into new threads like this one🙂 @Mr. Fox have you already test it?

haha its indeed good to be back in full force! i just installed the modded 512.54 desktop driver by XtremeG on my lady`s new machine sporting the 3070M Ti, seems to be running smoothly, so for now no need to update. besides, the upcoming Prema magic will do much more than just another broken driver update 😄 

  • Thumb Up 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nvidia releases emergency security driver for Kepler GTX 700 and 600 series GPUs

Sayan Sen · 2 hours ago 

 

And as usual.... nvidia put up the middel finger to those with Kepler based laptop graphics cards. 

 

Nvidia has released a couple of drivers today for Kepler-based GeForce GTX 600 and 700 series cards. However, these drivers are not your usual Game Ready drivers but are important security updates.

 

As such, the driver changelog does not list any fixed bugs or known issues. The release note only says:

NVIDIA has released a software security update display driver for desktop Kepler-series GeForce GPUs which are no longer supported by Game Ready Drivers. This update addresses issues that may lead to multiple security impacts.

The links to download the new security drivers are provided below:

Download: Windows 10: Standard / DCH (473.47)

 

You can find more details on these vulnerabilities on Nvidia's security bulletin page here.

  • Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

 

                                               Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

                             

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

I appreciate your huge engagement bro jaybee🙂 And yep, I knew you would be sucked freely into new threads like this one🙂 @Mr. Fox have you already test it?

No, I have not. Since the Green Goblin moved to DCH drivers and no longer support traditional drivers I am no longer testing new drivers. I hate the DCH feces and will avoid using them for as long as I can. I don't spend a lot of time gaming, so it is rare that I have to care about Nazi game developers buildiing crappy titles that force you to use a newer driver to play the game. I am fine with "suggestions" but using force is just messed up.

  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

 Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 12:02 AM, Mr. Fox said:

No, I have not. Since the Green Goblin moved to DCH drivers and no longer support traditional drivers I am no longer testing new drivers. I hate the DCH feces and will avoid using them for as long as I can. I don't spend a lot of time gaming, so it is rare that I have to care about Nazi game developers buildiing crappy titles that force you to use a newer driver to play the game. I am fine with "suggestions" but using force is just messed up.

Here's an Out of band standalone driver. NO DCH filthy for Windows 7. 

 

NVIDIA release Windows 7 GeForce Security Update Driver 473.62 Release Date. May 17, 2022

 

NVIDIA has released a software security update display driver for GeForce GPUs to be used with Windows 7/8.x which is no longer supported by Game Ready Drivers

 

Supported Products

NVIDIA TITAN Series:

NVIDIA TITAN RTX, NVIDIA TITAN V

GeForce RTX 30 Series:
GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, GeForce RTX 3090, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GeForce RTX 3080, GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, GeForce RTX 3070, GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, GeForce RTX 3060, GeForce RTX 3050

GeForce RTX 20 Series:
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2080, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2070, GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2060

GeForce 16 Series:GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GeForce GTX 1660, GeForce GTX 1650

Release Notes
https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/473.62/473.62-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

Download
https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/driverResults.aspx/189500/en-uk

 

 

  • Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

 

                                               Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

                             

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Here's an Out of band standalone driver. NO DCH filthy for Windows 7. 

 

NVIDIA release Windows 7 GeForce Security Update Driver 473.62 Release Date. May 17, 2022

 

NVIDIA has released a software security update display driver for GeForce GPUs to be used with Windows 7/8.x which is no longer supported by Game Ready Drivers

 

Supported Products

NVIDIA TITAN Series:

NVIDIA TITAN RTX, NVIDIA TITAN V

GeForce RTX 30 Series:
GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, GeForce RTX 3090, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GeForce RTX 3080, GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, GeForce RTX 3070, GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, GeForce RTX 3060, GeForce RTX 3050

GeForce RTX 20 Series:
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2080, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2070, GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2060

GeForce 16 Series:GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GeForce GTX 1660, GeForce GTX 1650

Release Notes
https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/473.62/473.62-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

Download
https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/driverResults.aspx/189500/en-uk

 

 

If it improves benchmark scores I will use it. If it does not I will not. Don't give a hoot about the "security update" nonsense.

  • Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

 Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand, I feel I am missing something. Am I supposed to go through all the drivers to see which gives the best performance on each of my machine's? A daunting task! I read through the different threads, posted here and others but still come out overwhelmed and confused. I never had a computer class, just learned from Google and the likes of NBR and others, getting enough knowledge to make it this far but still feel some underlying misinformation still lacking in some thing that might be common knowledge to everyone on the forums. I know most on here had some kind of computer training of some kind by the knowledge expressed and I am picking up the crumbs, but I do feel amassed with accomplishment along with a lack of what is unknown. sorry for the rant but groping in the dark.

 

    P.S. Took so long to write this Mr.Fox posted a new post that gave me some insight!!!

  • Thumb Up 1

Clevo P870DM3-G i9-9900k-32.0GB 2667mhz-GTX 1080 SLI

Alienware M18x R2 i7-3920xm-32GB DDR3-1600 RTX 3000 

Alienware M17x R4 i7-3940XM 32GB DDR3-1600 P4000

Alienware M17x R4 i7-3940XM 20GB DDR3-1600 GTX 680M 120hz 3D

Precision m6700 i7-3840QM - 16.0GB DDR3 - GTX 970M 
Precision m4700 i7-3610QM-8.00GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz-K2000M

GOBOXX SLM  G2721-i7-10875H RTX 3000-32GB ddr4(Gave to my Wife)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, aldarxt said:

I don't understand, I feel I am missing something. Am I supposed to go through all the drivers to see which gives the best performance on each of my machine's? A daunting task! I read through the different threads, posted here and others but still come out overwhelmed and confused. I never had a computer class, just learned from Google and the likes of NBR and others, getting enough knowledge to make it this far but still feel some underlying misinformation still lacking in some thing that might be common knowledge to everyone on the forums. I know most on here had some kind of computer training of some kind by the knowledge expressed and I am picking up the crumbs, but I do feel amassed with accomplishment along with a lack of what is unknown. sorry for the rant but groping in the dark.

 

    P.S. Took so long to write this Mr.Fox posted a new post that gave me some insight!!!

I am entirely self-taught as well. I have no formal training in technology. I know a lot, perhaps freakishly lots, about the things that interest me and became something I had a passion for, and very little about the things I don't care about. I enjoy the luxury of refusing to learn about the things for which I am biased against because I don't have to care in order to perform the responsibilities of my job. (Obviously, I do not work in IT or I would not be afforded such a luxury.)

 

I generally take the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach to drivers and firmware. Firmware updates have become downright dangerous due to draconian focus on security, and some OEMs are even posting disclaimers or warning against flashing firmware they provide. If the system is performing to my satisfaction, I generally do not update firmware unless there is evidence of a performance or feature enhancement that is important to me. I never update my computer firmware for the purpose of enhancing security or patching a vulnerability.

 

I do drivers basically the same way. If a new driver fixes a problem I need fixed, I will use it. If I see a performance benefit, I will update to the newer driver. Where that usually happens is when I notice that someone with the same hardware I am running gets consistently higher 3DMark scores than I can achieve running the same clock speeds. I will look at the driver they are using and install that driver to see if I obtain similar improvement. That doesn't happen very often. It seems like enthusiasts find a driver that works well for them and they stick with it because it works better. It is not often that a new driver will improve performance. The opposite is more often true. I almost never update drivers because a new one is "more secure" or because it fixes a vulnerability, unless it also improves performance. If it impairs performance at the cost of improving security, then I refuse to use it.

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

 Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I generally take the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach to drivers and firmware.

 

Oh man, I need to learn to be more like that. I tend to install updates almost as fast as they come out provided it's just one command away (`apt`, `flatpak`, etc). Probably partially because I do work in IT, and I know firsthand the pain of doing software updates after skipping a "few" versions. Although this of course does not apply to this particular case - firmware and drivers updates for personal PCs. I guess for me it's just a (bad?) habit + annoying notifications "you've got an update" that I want to get rid of. Although I also must say that on Linux I almost never encountered severe negative effects of updating stuff (provided you don't update from "unstable" channels of course).

  • Thumb Up 2

GitHub

 

Currently and formerly owned laptops (specs below):

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 5560
N-1                             -> Dell Precision 5560 (my lady's)

Razor Crest              -> Lenovo ThinkPad P16 (work)
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530 (work)
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

 

Spoiler

Senenity / N-1: Dell Precision 5560
    i7-11800H CPU
    1x32 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    512 GB SSD
    NVIDIA T1200
    FHD+ 1920x1200
    PopOS 22.04

 

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Ubuntu 22.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I am entirely self-taught as well. I have no formal training in technology. I know a lot, perhaps freakishly lots, about the things that interest me and became something I had a passion for, and very little about the things I don't care about. I enjoy the luxury of refusing to learn about the things for which I am biased against because I don't have to care in order to perform the responsibilities of my job. (Obviously, I do not work in IT or I would not be afforded such a luxury.)

 

I generally take the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach to drivers and firmware. Firmware updates have become downright dangerous due to draconian focus on security, and some OEMs are even posting disclaimers or warning against flashing firmware they provide. If the system is performing to my satisfaction, I generally do not update firmware unless there is evidence of a performance or feature enhancement that is important to me. I never update my computer firmware for the purpose of enhancing security or patching a vulnerability.

 

I do drivers basically the same way. If a new driver fixes a problem I need fixed, I will use it. If I see a performance benefit, I will update to the newer driver. Where that usually happens is when I notice that someone with the same hardware I am running gets consistently higher 3DMark scores than I can achieve running the same clock speeds. I will look at the driver they are using and install that driver to see if I obtain similar improvement. That doesn't happen very often. It seems like enthusiasts find a driver that works well for them and they stick with it because it works better. It is not often that a new driver will improve performance. The opposite is more often true. I almost never update drivers because a new one is "more secure" or because it fixes a vulnerability, unless it also improves performance. If it impairs performance at the cost of improving security, then I refuse to use it.

You Mr.Fox are the last Person I would have thought to have been self taught! Congrats and thanks for the luxury of postings of your hard earned knocks over the years!!!

I must say I have learned alot from these forums and the web but lately the industry is giving much grief and can get discouraged at where it seem to be going. You have made many posts along the way and much I am in agreement with and in hopes this tech takes a more favorable path. A quote I keep in mind is "The more things change, The more they stay the same". Hopefully the Tech giants see the need to fill the niche for PC Enthusiasts who tinker on their machines.

  • Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Clevo P870DM3-G i9-9900k-32.0GB 2667mhz-GTX 1080 SLI

Alienware M18x R2 i7-3920xm-32GB DDR3-1600 RTX 3000 

Alienware M17x R4 i7-3940XM 32GB DDR3-1600 P4000

Alienware M17x R4 i7-3940XM 20GB DDR3-1600 GTX 680M 120hz 3D

Precision m6700 i7-3840QM - 16.0GB DDR3 - GTX 970M 
Precision m4700 i7-3610QM-8.00GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz-K2000M

GOBOXX SLM  G2721-i7-10875H RTX 3000-32GB ddr4(Gave to my Wife)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I think the best drivers, at least for Windows 7/8 are 431.36 or 441.66. Newer drivers are only really useful for DXVK and whatever else.

 

  • Thumb Up 1

Precision M4800 - i7 4810MQ, 32GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M2200

Thinkpad T430 - i7 3630QM, 16GB RAM, Intel HD 4000, 1080p display mod

Main PC - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64GB RAM, RTX 2080 Ti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Thumb Up 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

 

                                               Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

                             

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got my new Lenovo and immediately went scorched earth on the SSD to get rid of the Win. 11 install it came with. So, I'm currently running 1809 LTSC and one thing that has me scratching my head is that no Nvidia drivers will install other than the stock Lenovo ones. I've tried standard, DCH, heck even the ones from MS update catalog. Same thing every time. Even though they are Win.10 x64 drivers I always get an error saying incompatible version of Windows.

Any thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RandomIdiot said:

I just got my new Lenovo and immediately went scorched earth on the SSD to get rid of the Win. 11 install it came with. So, I'm currently running 1809 LTSC and one thing that has me scratching my head is that no Nvidia drivers will install other than the stock Lenovo ones. I've tried standard, DCH, heck even the ones from MS update catalog. Same thing every time. Even though they are Win.10 x64 drivers I always get an error saying incompatible version of Windows.

Any thoughts?

try and disable driver signature enforcement, see if that helps.

another quite silly thing is to make sure u extract / put the driver setup files as close to root on your C drive as possible to avoid dumb error messages during install. so ideally use smth like C:\GPU Driver as your setup folder to start the install from and avoid any kind of deep folder hierarchies.

  • Thumb Up 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

try and disable driver signature enforcement, see if that helps.

another quite silly thing is to make sure u extract / put the driver setup files as close to root on your C drive as possible to avoid dumb error messages during install. so ideally use smth like C:\GPU Driver as your setup folder to start the install from and avoid any kind of deep folder hierarchies.

I think I did try disabling enforcement and no joy.

Typically I just install drivers straight from my desktop.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole swappable gfx thing Lenovo has, so I don't know if that's the issue, but I have seen a fair bit of similar issues during my google-fu session. I thought booting into dedicated gfx mode would be a sure thing, but it still was giving me the error

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RandomIdiot said:

I think I did try disabling enforcement and no joy.

Typically I just install drivers straight from my desktop.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole swappable gfx thing Lenovo has, so I don't know if that's the issue, but I have seen a fair bit of similar issues during my google-fu session. I thought booting into dedicated gfx mode would be a sure thing, but it still was giving me the error

u tried with enforcement disabled or the disabling part didnt work?

desktop is actually quite a bit away from C root, since it has to go through the users and your particular username folder first before u even get to the desktop folder. so thats minimum 3 instances deep, if not four if u pack the setup files into another folder on your desktop 😅

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

 

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

u tried with enforcement disabled or the disabling part didnt work?

desktop is actually quite a bit away from C root, since it has to go through the users and your particular username folder first before u even get to the desktop folder. so thats minimum 3 instances deep, if not four if u pack the setup files into another folder on your desktop 😅

My bad… with enforcement disabled

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2022 at 12:43 AM, RandomIdiot said:

I just got my new Lenovo and immediately went scorched earth on the SSD to get rid of the Win. 11 install it came with. So, I'm currently running 1809 LTSC and one thing that has me scratching my head is that no Nvidia drivers will install other than the stock Lenovo ones. I've tried standard, DCH, heck even the ones from MS update catalog. Same thing every time. Even though they are Win.10 x64 drivers I always get an error saying incompatible version of Windows.

Any thoughts?

Put the blame on Lenovo. They haven't sent the HW id to Nvidia so they can add it into their drivers. Try an INF mod. You find guides how to do in on the internet.

 

Edit. Try with NVCleanstall.

How to mod and sign NVIDIA drivers with TPU NVCleanstall

  • Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

 

                                               Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

                             

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

modding inf… crap that takes me back to the first laptop I ever bought. A Toshiba of some kind, I think it was one of the first laptops to have a Nvidia GPU. Of course Toshiba never bothered to update the driver, so I was on my own - cheers to any of the folks that used to inhabit laptopvideo2go

 

I have, and always use NVCleaninstall. Never looked twice at the add hardware feature tho.

 

<edit> Hey, just noticed the link goes to laptopvideo2go. Haven't been round that way for ages, nice to see they're still fighting the good fight

  • Thumb Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update: Nvcleaninstall did the trick - mostly

 

The install went seemingly perfect using the add hardware . The "issue" I have now is in DM, under software components, I have a Nvidia platform and controllers entry flagged with this warning: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19).

I did run DDU before I installed this, but without the option to remove DCH control panel (see below). I'm not sure what exactly this is about so if anybody can enlighten me

 

Back to DCH control panel. Since I'm using LTSB I don't have the store and I'd like to keep it that way. Earlier when I was trying to brain out the issue with the driver not installing, I found a link to a pre-modded driver that installed the CP itself. Of course that driver install failed as per my earlier post, but I did manage to sideload the CP through powershell. The question now is does anybody know a reliable place to dl the appx again (I honestly thought I backed up that modded driver just in case I needed it later, but damned if I can find it now - this is the reason I didn't remove it in DDU).

The easy answer is just use standard drivers, but it seems like Nvidia has been browbeaten into not releasing new standard drivers anymore - the newest driver is closing in on 1yr old

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, RandomIdiot said:

Update: Nvcleaninstall did the trick - mostly

 

The install went seemingly perfect using the add hardware . The "issue" I have now is in DM, under software components, I have a Nvidia platform and controllers entry flagged with this warning: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19).

I did run DDU before I installed this, but without the option to remove DCH control panel (see below). I'm not sure what exactly this is about so if anybody can enlighten me

 

Back to DCH control panel. Since I'm using LTSB I don't have the store and I'd like to keep it that way. Earlier when I was trying to brain out the issue with the driver not installing, I found a link to a pre-modded driver that installed the CP itself. Of course that driver install failed as per my earlier post, but I did manage to sideload the CP through powershell. The question now is does anybody know a reliable place to dl the appx again (I honestly thought I backed up that modded driver just in case I needed it later, but damned if I can find it now - this is the reason I didn't remove it in DDU).

The easy answer is just use standard drivers, but it seems like Nvidia has been browbeaten into not releasing new standard drivers anymore - the newest driver is closing in on 1yr old

 

Personally its best to stick with the stock NVIDIA Lenovo drivers in your case because you're not missing anything with the newer drivers. Since you're using Win 10 1809 LTSC you're going to have issues with the DCH crap since NVIDIA no longer releases any NON-DCH drivers anymore, Also newer isnt always better as the last past Nvidia drivers caused the MUX on Lenovo Legions to break. Besides you're already using a version of win 10 that is outdated but it doesnt have the crap like telemetry, windows store, useless apps, and other crapware installed so using the outdated stock drivers shouldnt hurt.

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KING19 said:

 

Personally its best to stick with the stock NVIDIA Lenovo drivers in your case because you're not missing anything with the newer drivers. Since you're using Win 10 1809 LTSC you're going to have issues with the DCH crap since NVIDIA no longer releases any NON-DCH drivers anymore, Also newer isnt always better as the last past Nvidia drivers caused the MUX on Lenovo Legions to break. Besides you're already using a version of win 10 that is outdated but it doesnt have the crap like telemetry, windows store, useless apps, and other crapware installed so using the outdated stock drivers shouldnt hurt.

Actually, the stock Lenovo drivers are newer than the ones I installed. On the Lenovo Discord threads the opinion seems to be that 511.79 is the safest choice - which is what I got. Considering the age of Nvidia's last standard driver, I thought it would be more likely to screw things so I took the chance on DCH. From past experience the only time I even used Nvidia control panel is when Optimus isn't smart enough to pick the right GPU so I wanted to keep it in my back pocket just in case - not quiet sure how well AMD's implementation will be.

  • Thumb Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use