-
Posts
165 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by K4sum1
-
HP Elitebook 8570W - is it still good ? Hardware modifications
K4sum1 replied to GuitarG's topic in Custom Builds
If I were to try to do this myself, what are the differences between the revisions? Currently the only local one is Rev A for me, and also kinda pricy so I'm wanting to keep a lookout. Maybe only buy after AI bubble pop idk. I'm wanting to do something maybe stupid. I'd like to get the HP ZBook 17 G6 for the 8c16t CPU over the 6c12t 17 G5, but get a P5200 for it because the RTX 5000 is near unobtainium, and the difference in performance is not that great in the types of games I want to play. I've also heard Pascal cards play better with older games than the later gens, and idk if it was because my 2080 Ti was dying, but after it died and I had to put a 1080 in my desktop, it's been a better experience overall aside from worse perf. So I would prefer a Pascal card over the Turing card. (I lean a bit more towards yolo and just getting one because I could just put it in my 8770W worst case, and just use the DP out and whatever as a desktop replacement, but I'd rather have it in the new laptop.) Both are MXM, so how different are they? Could I fit a P5200 in a 17 G6?- 439 replies
-
I almost wanna do something maybe very stupid and put a P5200 in a ZBook 17 G6. I would prefer having a Pascal card than a later Turing card for experiments and I don't need RTX and whatever. Should I just commit and try it or should I have pause? I would prefer G6 over G5 for 8c16t as an upgrade over my M4800.
- 12 replies
-
- hp
- zbook 17 g6
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
selling FS/FT - MSI GS60-2QE Ghost Pro | 4720HQ | 970m | READ
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Notebooks and Desktops
Lowered price to $125, and edited the topic to allow for trades. I've also added a list of items that I am interested in getting in exchange for this laptop. You can still make offers if what you have isn't on the list. -
selling FS/FT - Lenovo Flex 3 1580 | 6500u | 940m | READ
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Notebooks and Desktops
Lowered price to $125, and edited the topic to allow for trades. However I am no longer including the charger since I have other devices that need it. I've also added a list of items that I am interested in getting in exchange for this laptop. You can still make offers if what you have isn't on the list. -
What phone are you daily driving currently?
K4sum1 replied to Katja's topic in Mobile Devices & Gadgets
I've never had screen brightness be an issue for me. I actually don't get how it's an issue for other people. Every phone I've ever owned has been good enough even with a privacy screen protector that darkens it slightly. -
What phone are you daily driving currently?
K4sum1 replied to Katja's topic in Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Again over a year later. The display on my XZ1C broke while I had it apart. I was trying to replace the tape I had previously used to keep it shut. I had to get a new display and earpiece speaker since I broke that too trying to take it off. I reassembled everything and it's still my main even though I have a on paper better phone. I also build my own ROMs now and it's what I use on the phone nowadays. https://github.com/Eclipse-Community/build_lineage/releases I bought a XZ2C for a really good price, the seller priced it in line with the cheaper Japanese models and I snapped it up. I am conflicted on whether it's better than the XZ1C personally. I assume I'll have my mind made up in a year from now if I'm not dead. Still have no S7 (will give virtual succ for Exynos S7 please) I went from iPod 5.5 to XZ1C, I even made this entire post about why classic iPods kinda suck. https://board.eclipse.cx/viewtopic.php?t=595 Except I went back to the iPod 5.5 because of the DAC. It's actually that good. I really need to redo that post. The HTC Rezound is in storage like I thought it would be. I also got a really good and nice condition Note 3 for free. Custom ROM'd to 7.1.2, it's nice. I also believe in 7.1.2 or Nougat supremacy. Oreo is still zased, but I see why Nougat is so good. I also have a few other more phones now, Galaxy S5 and Z3C also on 7.1.2, and an iPhone 5 coolbooted to iOS 6. -
selling FS/FT - MSI GS60-2QE Ghost Pro | 4720HQ | 970m | READ
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Notebooks and Desktops
I don't want to lower the price any more, but I can throw in a second power brick. It's for a Razer Blade of some sort, but fits and works completely fine in this laptop. -
selling FS/FT - Lenovo Flex 3 1580 | 6500u | 940m | READ
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Notebooks and Desktops
Changed price to $150 please I need money -
Can't adjust brightness on M4800
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Pro Max & Precision Mobile Workstation
So if I upgrade or downgrade the driver for the Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3 - 1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 Controller - 0C01, brightness seems to work until next reboot. -
I swapped the panel in my M4800 to a 1080p 120hz one. I used a B156HAN04.5. My laptop is 30 pin, not sure if there's a 40 pin M4800. If the connector has the right pins, is in the right place, and optionally (but preferably) has the mounting brackets in the same place, it should just work.
-
Can't adjust brightness on M4800
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Pro Max & Precision Mobile Workstation
Not sure what happened but I updated some drivers with SDIO and changing display brightness just worked. Then I tried rebooting and it's broken again. -
Huh I loaded it again and now it's back. Odd.
-
They seem to have removed the view product specs link. How do I access this now?
-
Can't adjust brightness on M4800
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Pro Max & Precision Mobile Workstation
Just checked and I still have it, and it's enabled. -
Can't adjust brightness on M4800
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Pro Max & Precision Mobile Workstation
Still does nothing -
Can't adjust brightness on M4800
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Pro Max & Precision Mobile Workstation
Oh this is 8.1, that service doesn't exist. -
Can't adjust brightness on M4800
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Pro Max & Precision Mobile Workstation
Finally got around to trying it on my laptop, and it doesn't appear to do anything for me. -
Can't adjust brightness on M4800
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Pro Max & Precision Mobile Workstation
It was the stock 1080p LVDS panel. Worked without issue for me. -
Seeing how rare and expensive MXM cards are compared to their desktop counterparts, I think it would hold value.
-
Often times when I power my M4800 on, it flashes the backlight once, and I get no display. It seems to boot up as normal if I let it, just without display. If I keep restarting the laptop, eventually the backlight won't flash and the display works like normal. Does anyone know what would cause this?
-
selling FS/FT - Lenovo Flex 3 1580 | 6500u | 940m | READ
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Notebooks and Desktops
Changed price to $175 (~150 for laptop ~25 for shipping). Nothing has changed, but I do want to sell it so that's why the price is lower. -
selling FS/FT - MSI GS60-2QE Ghost Pro | 4720HQ | 970m | READ
K4sum1 replied to K4sum1's topic in Notebooks and Desktops
I've lowered the price to 150 (~125 for laptop, ~25 for shipping). The taped in CMOS battery died, so I edited the post to add that, and I also taped (actually sticky tacked, but whatever) the connector into the blank SATA drive spot because it's probably just going to die again if I taped another battery in. If I can't get rid of this for 150 I might just shelve it to repair it. I'm not going to recycle a relatively powerful laptop, or sell it much below that.