Jump to content
NotebookTalk

how to manually install and download windows 10 update.?


raptorddd
 Share

Recommended Posts

if i were to clean install windows 10 21H2.

and i did not wanted to update thru windows update but rather update it offline.

i know i can get the update on microsoft update catalog.

but i dont know the needed KB # .???

how do you find out the right KB to download.?

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you trying to find a specific update?  If you just want the latest one, search the catalog for something like "windows 10 cumulative", sort by date, and download the latest one that applies to your system.

  • Thumb Up 1

Dell Precision 7770 (personal) • Dell Precision 7560 (work) • Full specs in spoiler block below
Info posts (Dell) — Dell Precision key postsDell driver RSS feeds • Dell Fan Management — override fan behavior
Info posts (Windows) — Turbo boost toggle • The problem with Windows 11 • About Windows 10 LTSC

Spoiler

Dell Precision 7770 (personal)

  • Intel Core i9-12950HX ("Alder Lake"), 8P+8E
    • 8× P cores ("Golden Cove"): 2.3 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading
    • 8× E cores ("Gracemont"): 1.7 GHz base, 3.6 GHz turbo
  • 128GB DDR5-3600 (CAMM)
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB (DGFF)
  • Storage:
    • 2TB system drive: Samsung 980 Pro, PCIe4
    • 24TB additional storage: 3× Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 8TB, PCIe4 (Storage Spaces)
  • Windows 10 (Enterprise LTSC 2021)
  • 17.3" 3940×2160 display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX211 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth)
  • 93Wh battery
  • IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

 

Dell Precision 7560 (work)

  • Intel Xeon W-11955M ("Tiger Lake")
    • 8×2.6 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading ("Willow Cove")
  • 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC
  • NVIDIA RTX A2000 4GB
  • Storage:
    • 512GB system drive (Micron 2300)
    • 4TB additional storage (Sabrent Rocket Q4)
  • Windows 10 (Enterprise LTSC 2021)
  • 15.6" 3940×2160 display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX210 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth)
  • 95Wh battery
  • IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

 

Previous

  • Dell Precision 7530, 7510, M4800, M6700
  • Dell Latitude E6520
  • Dell Inspiron 1720, 5150
  • Dell Latitude CPi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aaron44126 said:

Are you trying to find a specific update?  If you just want the latest one, search the catalog for something like "windows 10 cumulative", sort by date, and download the latest one that applies to your system.

i have search on how to...but wasnt sure. 

i just want latest stable. ill try that.

 

question PREVIEW means like beta.?  cause recent uploads date has preview on them and from may doesnt include preview word on them.

could this be the one.? for x64

2022-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5015020) Windows 10, version 1903 and later, Windows 10 LTSB Updates 5/19/2022 n/a 665.6 MB

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes.  They release two cumulative updates per month.

 

Towards the end of the month you have the PREVIEW update which has bugfixes and functional changes.  This is an optional update and it is not pushed out to systems unless they manually "seek" for updates.

 

Then, on the second Tuesday of the following month you have the "REQUIRED" update, which includes changes from the previous month's preview update (...with tweaks for stability if needed...) and also a batch of security updates.

 

(I generally avoid the preview updates...)

 

Occasionally there are out of band updates that do not follow this pattern, generally for emergency security issues.

  • Thumb Up 2

Dell Precision 7770 (personal) • Dell Precision 7560 (work) • Full specs in spoiler block below
Info posts (Dell) — Dell Precision key postsDell driver RSS feeds • Dell Fan Management — override fan behavior
Info posts (Windows) — Turbo boost toggle • The problem with Windows 11 • About Windows 10 LTSC

Spoiler

Dell Precision 7770 (personal)

  • Intel Core i9-12950HX ("Alder Lake"), 8P+8E
    • 8× P cores ("Golden Cove"): 2.3 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading
    • 8× E cores ("Gracemont"): 1.7 GHz base, 3.6 GHz turbo
  • 128GB DDR5-3600 (CAMM)
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB (DGFF)
  • Storage:
    • 2TB system drive: Samsung 980 Pro, PCIe4
    • 24TB additional storage: 3× Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 8TB, PCIe4 (Storage Spaces)
  • Windows 10 (Enterprise LTSC 2021)
  • 17.3" 3940×2160 display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX211 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth)
  • 93Wh battery
  • IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

 

Dell Precision 7560 (work)

  • Intel Xeon W-11955M ("Tiger Lake")
    • 8×2.6 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading ("Willow Cove")
  • 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC
  • NVIDIA RTX A2000 4GB
  • Storage:
    • 512GB system drive (Micron 2300)
    • 4TB additional storage (Sabrent Rocket Q4)
  • Windows 10 (Enterprise LTSC 2021)
  • 15.6" 3940×2160 display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX210 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth)
  • 95Wh battery
  • IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

 

Previous

  • Dell Precision 7530, 7510, M4800, M6700
  • Dell Latitude E6520
  • Dell Inspiron 1720, 5150
  • Dell Latitude CPi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aaron44126 said:

Yes.  They release two cumulative updates per month.

 

Towards the end of the month you have the PREVIEW update which has bugfixes and functional changes.  This is an optional update and it is not pushed out to systems unless they manually "seek" for updates.

 

Then, on the second Tuesday of the following month you have the "REQUIRED" update, which includes changes from the previous month's preview update (...with tweaks for stability if needed...) and also a batch of security updates.

 

(I generally avoid the preview updates...)

 

Occasionally there are out of band updates that do not follow this pattern, generally for emergency security issues.

thank you very much for clearing this up.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2022 at 6:16 PM, raptorddd said:

if i were to clean install windows 10 21H2.

and i did not wanted to update thru windows update but rather update it offline.

i know i can get the update on microsoft update catalog.

but i dont know the needed KB # .???

how do you find out the right KB to download.?

i normally post standalone patches for Win 10 in this thread... All about Windows 10 (LTSC included) news and announcements

 

Ghacks.net, Winaero.com and windowslatest.com always post info about latest patches as well. A good advice for you..... Never install patches on release date. Neither from Windows update or as standalone update. 

 

 

  • Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS Maximus Z690 Apex | 13900K | Zotac graphics | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt  |  Custom Loop

 Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use