NotebookTalk

P751TM-G Extreme battery drain!

fricknbot

Hi, 

So I have been trying to play stray on my PC this morning and then suddenly my laptop turns off completely there are no lights whatsoever and my laptop was plugged in, I check  to see if there is anything up with my PC and i turn it around at check the battery and find it is extremely hot, i managed to get it to boot back up after taking the battery out and find that it is completely drained even though it was plugged in the whole time!

I've attached my battery report and im not sure if i need a new battery or a new power brick or both?

If anyone could help me figure it out the issue it would be greatly appreciated 

battery-report.html

Clevo P751TM-G / i7-9700KF OC 4.9GHz Undervolted -95mV / RTX 2070 / 32GB DDR4 @ 3200Mhz

17 hours ago, razor0601 said:

Without Battery and with plugged in A/C Adapter your Clevo works normal?

I have managed to solve the problem for now, it turns out I had a faulty power socket! 😅

• Haha 1

Clevo P751TM-G / i7-9700KF OC 4.9GHz Undervolted -95mV / RTX 2070 / 32GB DDR4 @ 3200Mhz

9 hours ago, fricknbot said:

I have managed to solve the problem for now, it turns out I had a faulty power socket! 😅

well, sometimes the solution is as simple as it is unexpected 😋 glad it was such a straightforward thing!

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

11 hours ago, fricknbot said:

That was easy 😉

Schenker DTR 15(P751TM1) @Dsanke Bios, I7-8700, 32GB 2666MHz RAM, GTX 1060, 15,6“ 4K B156ZAN02.2 Display

• 4 months later...
On 7/26/2022 at 9:37 PM, jaybee83 said:

well, sometimes the solution is as simple as it is unexpected 😋 glad it was such a straightforward thing!

The problem has returned. I have eliminated the chance of a faulty power socket, as i have a new 330w power brick and I'm at my university flat plugged directly into a wall socket not an extender this time. 

I watched my battery drop from 100% to 47%, 26%, 16% then 7% in a matter of about 5 seconds. 

I'm pretty sure i need a new battery anyone got any cheap trusted suppliers in the UK? 

Cheers!

On 12/15/2022 at 5:48 PM, fricknbot said:

The problem has returned. I have eliminated the chance of a faulty power socket, as i have a new 330w power brick and I'm at my university flat plugged directly into a wall socket not an extender this time. 

I watched my battery drop from 100% to 47%, 26%, 16% then 7% in a matter of about 5 seconds. 

I'm pretty sure i need a new battery anyone got any cheap trusted suppliers in the UK? 

Cheers!

I wish somebody had told you it was probably your battery before your power supply.  I'm guessing your 751TM is ~5 years old because my 770zm is fixing to turn 8 years old in 2 months.  My power supply works great and Clevo uses a good supplier for psu.  it's probably your battery.  it's old.  I've been in latin america ~18 months and one of the things I didn't buy but was high on my list was a battery.  At the time when I was still in the US I think XoticPC had a couple left and saw there were some on Amazon US for ~$65 and I was very hesitant because they usually cost at least $100 and I think originally it was $130USD.  seeing your battery is acting up that bad, it kind of is a fire hazard.  because of this, if you can't find a proper battery it may or may not be worth buying because I can't tell you that's a good chinese battery.   at half the price and no reputation it's a gamble.  but you and I both know the batteries for our laptops are more UPS and give us plenty of time to shutdown depending on situation and length of no power. 

The last 3 years my 770 has been off a lot, for extended period of time and I often turned it off after using it.  I let it run down off battery after I got to Mexico and it lasted about 30 minutes doing nothing with about 20% left.  HWinfo was reading about 75% health last I was paying attention and would occasional read over 95%.  If you don't want to buy that battery off amazon, I would try calling Sager and Clevo.  I would guess that battery lived a few models, maybe including yours (I have 4790k) for both the 15" and 17".  It's been so long since I kept up with the laptop scene I don't know what resellers are around.  Check the UK and US and maybe other markets.  There's bound to be one somewhere but how much?