NotebookTalk

LegacyZero

I have a few reservations with this laptop. Screen brightness is one video outputs are another. There was a GT77 on display at a store. The screen brightness was poor. The tech couldnt answer questions on the video out puts. On the other thread this was mentioned on a link posted. There really isn't any information on this laptop except from MSI.  Is it the same chassis as GT77?  Looking forward to what information comes out on this.

1 hour ago, Redrider said:

I have a few reservations with this laptop. Screen brightness is one video outputs are another. There was a GT77 on display at a store. The screen brightness was poor. The tech couldnt answer questions on the video out puts. On the other thread this was mentioned on a link posted. There really isn't any information on this laptop except from MSI.  Is it the same chassis as GT77?  Looking forward to what information comes out on this.

The display brightness is a concern of mine too. I sent some emails to MSI to find out. I'll share if I get a response.

• Thumb Up 1

18 hours ago, LegacyZero said:

The display brightness is a concern of mine too. I sent some emails to MSI to find out. I'll share if I get a response.

Reviewed already courtesy of notebookcheck.com

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-Titan-GT77-12UHS-Laptop-Review-Alder-Lake-HX-poster-child-with-unhindered-desktop-class-performance.640632.0.html

The 4K display of the CreatorPro X17 on the right, looks good to me:

image.png.a3984b105c33242465db7476559ea3c4.png

20 hours ago, LegacyZero said:

The company I was buying from canceled my order. 🙃

If you are in the USA you can try signing up for a stock notification from the MSI Store directly:

https://us-store.msi.com/Laptops/content-creation/creatorpro-series/CreatorPro-X17-A12UMS-057

If you do manage to get one do you mind testing the TB4 video outputs on it and see if they connect to the integrated or dedicated graphics?

I am also curious if the default keyboard backlight scheme is just plain white so it can be used in an office environment without any config override needed.

I am also curious if the memory can operate at 4800MT/s in a one dimm per channel configuration (two sticks total max 64GB). That would set it apart from the Thinkpad P16 which is 4000MT/s regardless of how many modules are installed.

Clevo X170SM - 10900K, 32GB DDR4-2933 CL17, 4TB WD SN850X, RTX 3080 mobile, 17.3 inch FHD 144hz, System76 open source firmware, Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Clevo X370SNW - 13900HX, 64GB DDR5-5600 CL40, 4TB Samsung 990 Pro, RTX 4090 mobile, 17.3 inch UHD 144hz, System76 open source firmware, Windows 10 Pro 22H2

• 1 month later...

A review of the CreatorPro X17:

https://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=241&t=6688604&utm_campaign=idle_article&utm_content=3&utm_medium=idlebox&utm_source=mobile01&utm_term=idle

No expense is spared to have expert reviewers on the job, quality reporting:

mobile01-74df5e28cb62d55a747a52dc507ad6e

Female highlights aside the review translates well to English and that young lady is along for the ride for a few more pics, no complaints from me.

• Haha 1

Another review courtesy of pcmag.com

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/msi-creatorpro-x17

image.png.21035a1853a836c5d9a11f7f44916d4d.png

Overall rather positive but I got to laugh at the supposed lack of portability - if you cannot carry 7 pounds plus a smaller power supply for mobile use then it is probably time to do something about that, we used to carry a lot more and did not have that kind of especially CPU power at our disposal. As usual no mention of the true downside which is the soldered GPU and especially CPU but why mention it when it is mostly a thing of the past...