NotebookTalk

M18xR2 - Advice on RAM

GMP

On 10/3/2022 at 11:06 PM, ssj92 said:

All I did was change memory frequnecy to 2133mhz and everything else is default. I've attached my settings, hopefully it helps. I don't know of a single m18x that cannot run 2133mhz ram with an XM CPU. 2400Mhz is a different story. 

I did buy some "1866mhz" ram from eBay for my M18xR1 and cannot get it to run over 1600mhz. I wonder if there are fake modules going around. It's possible your RAM is defective. You could always try contacting Kingston and seeing if they will replace it since they have lifetime warranty (hopefully they don't ask for invoice lol) 

Screenshot (24).png

IMG_7891.jpg

IMG_7892.jpg

Given such uncertainty, I have to pass on the RAM upgrade...

Just to add a nugget here. I upgraded my original 12GB 1600mhz ram that came with my M18X R2 with 4x8GB 32GB of 1866mhz HyperX RAM without any issues. I didnt do any overclocking, i was happy with the 1866mhz that it was recognised at and was primarily interested in the capacity not speed anyway. So i can definately confirm this scenario can be done.