NotebookTalk

Dead Space Remake

Hertzian56

Some more news about the upcoming Dead Space 1 remake, put the article link instead of the yt link because you have to login to see it on yt, age restricted I think. Doesn't look any worse than the original just more detailed. Apart from graphics overhaul they say it will be seamless with no loading screens which imo on average equipment last only seconds on the original anyways so whatever. One thing that they do hopefully is to not force us to push a button to open the various doors, found that annoying. Of course they're probably going to charge 20-30$ for it, not sure it would be worth it unless you're really into graphics. Recently replayed the first two still pretty fun.

Edit: Steam page has a 59.99$ price no thanks

https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/dead-space-remake-gets-an-official-gameplay-trailer/

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Hertzian56 said:

Some more news about the upcoming Dead Space 1 remake, put the article link instead of the yt link because you have to login to see it on yt, age restricted I think. Doesn't look any worse than the original just more detailed. Apart from graphics overhaul they say it will be seamless with no loading screens which imo on average equipment last only seconds on the original anyways so whatever. One thing that they do hopefully is to not force us to push a button to open the various doors, found that annoying. Of course they're probably going to charge 20-30$ for it, not sure it would be worth it unless you're really into graphics. Recently replayed the first two still pretty fun.

Edit: Steam page has a 59.99$ price no thanks

https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/dead-space-remake-gets-an-official-gameplay-trailer/

60 bucks, WTH! is there at least an option for OG owners to get it for free or heavily reduced price? i dont care personally, just interested in game prices and this trend of remakes in general...

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, cucubits said:

I just ran into this... a DS1 remake does sound interesting but absolutely not at AAA pricing. If they're this greedy, they're just asking for ppl to resort to ...the P word...

Fully expect this title to be pirated to a higher degree, or purchased via g2a or other such sites

• Haha 2

Yeah it's just money grab imo, the game is great but it's not terribly long and it's linear how they think that some updating etc is worth the price a full sized new game is crazy. I don't think the original has a speaking protagonist either but I think they're having that in this remake.  Look at Tomb Raider new series we got whole new games there along with modern graphics but nope these guys just do minimal amount of work and expect full pay nah.

2 hours ago, Hertzian56 said:

Yeah it's just money grab imo, the game is great but it's not terribly long and it's linear how they think that some updating etc is worth the price a full sized new game is crazy. I don't think the original has a speaking protagonist either but I think they're having that in this remake.  Look at Tomb Raider new series we got whole new games there along with modern graphics but nope these guys just do minimal amount of work and expect full pay nah.

They will use the price tag and lack of sales as a means to justify re-cancelling the game altogether. 

best scenario is someone(s) can use the assets and port it over to DS2 

• Thumb Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2022 at 8:06 PM, Reciever said:

Fully expect this title to be pirated to a higher degree, or purchased via g2a or other such sites

also a sign it might be popular as a game in general, as well hahaha

On 12/6/2022 at 6:02 PM, Hertzian56 said:

niiiiiice. now i want it! 😛 

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Eh idk it looks good that's the big selling point so it should. But it has the changes in accordance with the social agendas they're pushing in most big games now and they want 60$ for it. I don't see enough there to warrant that price, the original still looks fine and has modern controls etc I have not tried to mod the first one, probably some AI texture upgrade out there by now. I love Alan Wake and passed on the remake as well, just didn't seem worth it. Same for the GTA remakes. Most gamers not too keen on anything EA either including myself don't like supporting them and this is just more cash grab really, bankrupt of original ideas or the profit margins are right for them. Similar to selling the same stuff over and over again just in different formats. With the piracy potential of this they'll probably announce denuvo in the week before release like callisto did. Stuttery mess. Usually modders do all the fixing for them, they still get their full price for a half finished game.

• 1 month later...

Yeah it does look good no doubt and from what I've read at sensible settings it's fine, usually just the ultra everything plus rt etc that has problems, didn't really see anything in the few minutes I watched though. One big complaint is there is no FOV slider and at times it's apparently hard to see where you're going. Wait for a few patches and a sale or price reduction in a few months, no rush to a game we've already played a few times.

• Thumb Up 1

33 minutes ago, Hertzian56 said:

Yeah it does look good no doubt and from what I've read at sensible settings it's fine, usually just the ultra everything plus rt etc that has problems, didn't really see anything in the few minutes I watched though. One big complaint is there is no FOV slider and at times it's apparently hard to see where you're going. Wait for a few patches and a sale or price reduction in a few months, no rush to a game we've already played a few times.

Agreed, I do appreciate the remake, though Im unsure of the terminology anymore. Remake doesnt seem quite right but Im sure they did a lot of work.

• Thumb Up 1