NotebookTalk

RTX 4000 Clevo Laptop Wishlist

the jg89

56 minutes ago, ymsv said:

Biggest laptop disappointment of CES. It is probably the X370 which I would call an imposter as it is so inferior to the original idea of the X series.

Let's look what features it offers that could be associated with the top of the line status of the X-series or ported over from the X170:

socketed CPU? nope

top of the line BGA CPU? nope

socketed GPU? nope

full fat vapor chamber? nope

4 memory slots? nope

4 storage slots? nope

18" screen? nope

X-name  to impress the gullible? Check!

That water cooled Tongfang / Uniwill actually looks a lot more tempting if I was only looking for 2 + 2 memory + storage and a 17" screen.

• Thumb Up 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 4:02 PM, 1610ftw said:

Biggest laptop disappointment of CES. It is probably the X370 which I would call an imposter as it is so inferior to the original idea of the X series.

Let's look what features it offers that could be associated with the top of the line status of the X-series or ported over from the X170:

socketed CPU? nope

top of the line BGA CPU? nope

socketed GPU? nope

full fat vapor chamber? nope

4 memory slots? nope

4 storage slots? nope

18" screen? nope

X-name  to impress the gullible? Check!

That water cooled Tongfang / Uniwill actually looks a lot more tempting if I was only looking for 2 + 2 memory + storage and a 17" screen.

xmg posted a pic of the x370
X370SNx_LOEM_Sample_5.jpg

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ymsv said:

Obviously the X370 chassis. I think this has already been shown at CES as the upcoming XMG Ultra 17?

At ca. 7.5lbs it seems second in weight only to the Alienware M18 and it will probably have cooling that is about on par with the other BGA books and maybe a little better.