NotebookTalk

NBT turns 1

Custom90gt

Logged in this am to see I have a "One Year In" badge.  Wow I can't believe it's been one year since NBR closed down and thankfully @Recieverand @Hiewstepped up to create what eventually became NBT.  I'm excited to still get to be a part of the experience with laptops/desktops and other hardware even if I don't have near as much time as I used to. 

What has the last year brought you? 

For me it's been a whirlwind.  My daughter is now 2 years old and I have a 4-month-old son.  I'm getting closer to graduating from residency and being done with all of the added stressors that my program likes to add to my life. And for the first time in a long time, I've had the same laptop and desktop since I normally upgrade quite often, lol.  It's been a great albeit fast year to be certain. 

Cheers to you all for making this place fun! 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 3
  • Bump 2

Desktop | Intel i9-12900k | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F | 2x16GB Oloy DDR5 @ 6400mhz CL32 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | AW3821DW| 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 | All under water |

Server | SM846 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7F52 | Supermicro H12SSL-I | Tesla P40 24GB | 256GB 3200MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Backup Server | SM826 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7302 | Supermicro H11SSL-I | Tesla P4 8GB | 256GB 2133MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Dell XPS 9510 | Intel  i7-11800H | RTX 3050 Ti | 16GB 3200mhz | 1TB SX8200 | 1080P |

hard to believe its been that long. time flies is an understatement

I think pressing forward we need to progress as a whole, attract new members, get a logo ect...it needs a brand

• Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I have had many failures last year over varying degrees and didn't meet threshold on pretty much anything. 

Thankfully the inception of this forum is the standout and I am glad it's working as well as it had been. Though to be completely honest I just didn't want to part ways with all the varying personalities I have come to know from our tenure with NBR.

• Thumb Up 2

39 minutes ago, Reciever said:

I have had many failures last year over varying degrees and didn't meet threshold on pretty much anything. 

Thankfully the inception of this forum is the standout and I am glad it's working as well as it had been. Though to be completely honest I just didn't want to part ways with all the varying personalities I have come to know from our tenure with NBR.

I have no choice but to agree, we need this for our forum that we cherish and love. I appologise @Reciever but I dont think warning points were nessassary for defending mr fox or papusan. I hope we flourish

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

12 minutes ago, ryan said:

I have no choice but to agree, we need this for our forum that we cherish and love. I appologise @Reciever but I dont think warning points were nessassary for defending mr fox or papusan. I hope we flourish

You and I both know thats not what the warning points were for, any further discussion on the subject will be taken to PM. 

15 hours ago, Custom90gt said:

For me it's been a whirlwind.  My daughter is now 2 years old and I have a 4-month-old son.  I'm getting closer to graduating from residency and being done with all of the added stressors that my program likes to add to my life. And for the first time in a long time, I've had the same laptop and desktop since I normally upgrade quite often, lol.  It's been a great albeit fast year to be certain. 

Where did you find the time to make 198 posts in the past year while doing a residency and having two young 'uns!?  I know how little free time my friends who have been in residency have had without having children!  Eh, but I suppose they did tend to post on some forums, just typically medical ones rather than tech ones.  So maybe I can see where it makes sense that a forum on something different would be appealing.

Congratulations all, especially Reciever and Hiew!  I created a thread in Site Feedback before seeing this one, so feel free to delete or merge it... but congratulations is deserved.

• Thumb Up 2

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)