NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

Thanks for that. Well I'm off to play witcher 3 and collect elder berries only 2438756 left to pick up before I can craft the kraken sword. Gain 10 hp and 20 xp. Wish me luck

• Haha 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

Thanks for that. Well I'm off to play witcher 3 and collect elder berries only 2438756 left to pick up before I can craft the kraken sword. Gain 10 hp and 20 xp. Wish me luck

I found the TV series equally slow and boring. I forced myself to watch the first 3 or 4 episodes and just couldn't get into it. My wife likes it. I find it difficult to not fall asleep watching them.

One of the things I love about the Doom games is the nonstop action. There is no opportunity to slow down or stop to think about doing anything other than slaughtering demons to avoid being slaughtered. 10/10 for the adrenaline overdose.

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

My gaming interest is concentrated on AAA FPS titles along the lines of the Crysis, CoD, Unreal Tournament, Gears of War, Wolfenstein, Quake and Doom franchises, and anything similar. Oddly enough, I do like Elder Scrolls. Vermintide is acceptable, too. I also like God of War.

I had to edit my previous post as I somehow forgot to mention two extremely important franchises.

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I found the TV series equally slow and boring. I forced myself to watch the first 3 or 4 episodes and just couldn't get into it. My wife likes it. I find it difficult to not fall asleep watching them.

It didnt help that the writers actually hated the IP, fans have rejected the show at this point including Henry Cavill and I believe its canceled. 

Anyways, thread for 2700X / 5800X3D / 10850K has been made

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3

Lol a show about it...haha just great. I'm sure finding the foul smelling yennifer is an interesting quest but I'm leaning towards killing aliens set to destroy the world and killing communists with a highly modified shotgun. In a game 10 years ahead of it's time visually. Now who would pick the later. Weirdos 

• Haha 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Just now, Reciever said:

It didnt help that the writers actually hated the IP, fans have rejected the show at this point including Henry Cavill and I believe its canceled. 

Anyways, thread for 2700X / 5800X3D / 10850K has been made

I’m amazed how fast that 10850K is against the 5800X3D. Just gotta say it! 

• Thumb Up 4

13900KF

24 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I’m amazed how fast that 10850K is against the 5800X3D. Just gotta say it! 

Oh yeah for sure, if anyone from 10th Gen @5ghz and high speed memory was thinking about swapping to the 5800x3d it wouldn't make too much sense from a general standpoint. 

5800x3d will be my daily driver so I can put the 10850k into quad fire / quad sli benching in the winter. 

• Like 1

Surprisingly your giving me a run for my money on clarity and understanding of English. I don't think anyone truly understands English. Many words have the same sound but different meanings kinda like saw.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

@jaybee83Have you had any luck getting 8000 to boot? I haven't had much time to mess with mine, but 8000mhz just hangs. I'm in at 7800mhz just fine, using xmp settings, and just dropping to it. Says on the package it is 1.45v, but bios only goes up to 1.43v?

• Thumb Up 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

On 9/2/2023 at 1:39 AM, electrosoft said:

Well just wait till 2025 and get the 5090 then you will experience an even more pronounced upgrade than going simply to a 4090.

For example, buddy of mine finally upgraded from his KP 2080ti to a 4090 specifically for Starfield, Hogwarts and TLOU 4k and it was a monster uplift but then here he is wanting an upper tier specimen kicking in instead of just enjoying it out of the box:

He picked up an Asus Strix and it topped out at ~3030 and 2770ish +1100 on mem. He returned it and picked up another. ~3015 and 2785ish and +1000 on mem. Returned it, picked up a Suprim X AC...+2985 and 2750 and +900 on mem. All three blew his 2080ti out of the water even blocked and OC'd. On the Suprim he even used the new vBIOS capability and reverted it back to the 1.10 top and it still blew chunks (and made it sing like a canary).

I told him they're all good out of the box (even the worse 4090 is still a beast at stock) and just block it up like he planned to do but he wants mine. I told him, "sure, $2.2k and it's yours" jokingly and he said he'll think it over but leaning towards wanting it. 🙄

What are we seriously talking about? 5fps? Law of diminishing returns are seriously in effect here. Go pick up the cheapest 4090, block it and then sell your KP 3090 to offset the cost and join us with the top dog till 2025

Or pick up a 7900xtx for a change of pace and get 4090 level of performance in Starfield according to Steve

Steve collecting benchmarks and the 7900xtx holding its own (basically tying or close enough) the 4090 across all settings from 1080p to 4k ultra.

2000199931_Screenshot2023-09-01190643.thumb.png.6dc5299b25a64264711db0396561fd1a.png

WAT?! THATS 2.4 FPS LESS THAN THE 4090, HOW DARE YOU WANTING TO SETTLE FOR LESS /s 😛 

1 hour ago, Raiderman said:

@jaybee83Have you had any luck getting 8000 to boot? I haven't had much time to mess with mine, but 8000mhz just hangs. I'm in at 7800mhz just fine, using xmp settings, and just dropping to it. Says on the package it is 1.45v, but bios only goes up to 1.43v?

hey bud, yeah booting with 8000 is not the issue, its getting it stable that is 😄 as for being stuck at 1.43V, look for a bios option that unlocks RAM PMIC high voltage mode, then u can go above 1.43.

On 9/2/2023 at 3:53 AM, chew said:

Board matters....especially in asus department atm.....only ones doing 8000 reliably is Gene aka 1dpc.

Giga's in a fairly decent spot with it's 2 dpc boards however even unobtanium tachyon ( actually have 2 but refraining from using for the testing i'm doing atm ) is beating my extreme.

The asrock taichi lite is also doing very well on 2dpc.

That leaves poor mans 1 dpc boards. Msi has no GDM options. I haven't heard anything about Asrock itx doing 8000 yet.

The giga itx we know can do 8000 and it seems the asus itx can to.

Voltage wise less is more. vddp in the 1.0 area......vsoc 1.20-1.25. My vddio is auto (1.3) 

uclk requirements in 1/2 are less so vsoc requirements are less......

good input there, thx for that. i didnt expect the board to be the bottleneck here, would suck if its not tied to the CPU IMC. lets see what upciming AM5 CPU gens bring to the table, im expecting an improvement with new IMC, even on the same board. heres to hoping!

and in the meantime, ill keep on tweaking and tuning...i want my 8000 stable! 😛 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

1 hour ago, jaybee83 said:

WAT?! THATS 2.4 FPS LESS THAN THE 4090, HOW DARE YOU WANTING TO SETTLE FOR LESS /s 😛 

hey bud, yeah booting with 8000 is not the issue, its getting it stable that is 😄 as for being stuck at 1.43V, look for a bios option that unlocks RAM PMIC high voltage mode, then u can go above 1.43.

good input there, thx for that. i didnt expect the board to be the bottleneck here, would suck if its not tied to the CPU IMC. lets see what upciming AM5 CPU gens bring to the table, im expecting an improvement with new IMC, even on the same board. heres to hoping!

Thanks bud!

8000 Ram.jpg

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

5 hours ago, ryan said:

I guess I'm the same way. Crysis thumbs up witcher thumbs down. And yes it's like watching paint dry. Thrilling. Let's collect a flower called elder berries in a video game world then build a potion. Rinse and repeat 30 000 times. As if doing it once wasn't mindless enough

Yeah, I am not sure why at one point some RPGs started including crafting. Wasn't it Bethesda that started the trend at scale in Oblivion? For some reason CDPR decided to include this in Witcher, which is surprising  (guess they thought they needed a gameplay filler) since it's fairly out of character for the Witcher to do any crafting. Imagine they made him a banker as well or something. He could lend NPCs money, collect percentage, execute the deliquents etc. There, I've said - don't blame me if CDPR and Bethesda implement this in their next games.

There was no crafting in the original Fallout games, just some very minor weapon modding maybe, in the sequel.

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

While my preference is first person shooters, I have enjoyed a few other genres as long as they don't get too bogged down with collecting garbage and crafting trash, or interacting with AI to reveal clues and similar nonsense that bores me to death.

A really good action game will leave me with a bad case of jitters from being amped up on adrenaline for an extended amount of time. I love when that happens.

Totally get it, as an erstwhile Quake and Crisis player, but those are totally different gaming formulas. A brilliant RPG is basically a non-linear adventure/puzzle game with a deep and intriguing plot that you can beat in many different ways, depending on your role-playing preferences. The original fallout went as far as allowing people to play as idiots with INT 2 or something, and the dialogues reflected that. You could be Saint Saviour of the Wastelands, or a practitioner of the oldest profession. It was a rather non-PC title. Combat is more about making it with limited resources, optimal gear etc. Turn based works best.

In contrast, a brilliant single-player FPS (for Bethesda's information: a different genre) is all about, virtual combat, i.e. shooting skills using KMB/contoller. It tests players visual processing, reaction time, triggers the fight or flight response etc. A B-movie plot will do, although it needs to provide the right kind of backround for the action. Actually I thought Crysis had a decent plot. Obviously graphics and visual design are necessary for the immersion, and so are very important, unlike in the case of an RPG which can be played without a computer - again, another difference with the FPS lol 

You make one kind of game or the other. Titles which try to combine both kind of suck IMHO (e.g. Destiny MMORPG-FPS, boring as hell).  

Bethesda tried to combine both and and came up with Fallout 3: a mediocre derivative game that was neither a good FPS or a good RPG which... it wasn't horrible though, and it did quite well financially lol I guess people like walking around in huge virtual worlds without a particularly strong sense of purpose. That's free market for you.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

18 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

I guess people like walking around in huge virtual worlds without a particularly strong sense of purpose.

Unfortunately, I think that represents a sizable portion of the earth's population... gluttonous lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and pride in possessions. Truth is stranger than fiction, but in the end it's all gonna burn.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

4 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Thanks bud!

8000 Ram.jpg

5 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

Low vddp helps the most. 1.0 range.

I'll give you a breakdown.

CPU_VCORE (CPU Core and integrated GPU voltage supply)
CPU_SOC (CPU system uncore voltage, memory controller (UMC), north bridge IO, SMU, FCH, DF...)
CPU_VDDIO_MEM (CPU memory I/O voltage, and the voltage supplier for VDDP)
DDR_VDD (DDR PMIC VDD Voltage)
DDR_VDDQ (DDR PMIC VDDQ Voltage)

CPU VDD_MISC (CPU misc voltage for PCIe, internal clockgen, and most important, VDDG voltage is driven by this voltage)
VDDP (CPU DDR Phy voltage)
VDDG (Global memory interface(GMI) voltage)

for Zen CCD/CCX overclocking, CPU Vcore and CPU Vcore loadline calibration
for Infinity Fabric, CPU_SOC, VDDG and MEMCLK
for memory overclocking, VDDIO_MEM, VDDP and CPU_SOC(UMC)
for VDDIOMEM CLDO, VDDP < VDDIOMEM
for VDDMISC CLDO, VDDG =, <, > VDDMISC
CPU_VCORE's internal regulator for igpu is not exposed

Knowing this and knowing  1/2 uclk is less your SOC requirements will also be less,

Board choice should not really be a big surprise.....lets look at intel for that matter.....at the end of the day it's ddr 5 and signalling that is the enemy. 2dpc intel your lucky to get 7600. 1 dpc imc is limit.

No different with AMD. I manage to get the giga extreme working good but I have been working on board with giga for awhile.....my tachyon b650e (1dpc) can still take the same cpu further.

My voltages are as follows. 1/2 tuning is not the same as 1/1.

Vcore auto

vsoc 1.25

vddio auto ( 1.3 )

vmisc auto ( 1.1 )

vddp 1.025

vddg 850/850

vdd 1.625

vddq 1.525

Start with Hci or karhu (cache enabled ).....or your wasting your time. Tm5 good for catch mem issues not imc. ycruncher fft will also catch imc.

I also have an intel tachyon setup...that said i'm already used to what it requires to get 8000 stable.

image.png

Intel.

May be an image of text

Edited by chew
  • Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 2

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I really do think that part of it is just crappy work on the part of the game developers. Sloppy coding doesn't run smoothly and requires stronger hardware to minimize the impact of the half-assed products.

It just adds on what i've been saying about games released in 2023

The graphics in Starfield are not even next level but runs like crap on modern hardware and requires the use of FSR/DLSS Mod to get playable framerates just to hide the fact the game is badly optimized.

Its struggling on a RTX 3070 on 1080p on high....... I know the game will receive patches to improve performance but this is becoming a bad trend in modern PC gaming, It makes you wanna buy a console to avoid this crap.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 2

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

9 minutes ago, KING19 said:

Its struggling on a RTX 3070 on 1080p on high....... I know the game will receive patches to improve performance but this is becoming a bad trend in modern PC gaming, It makes you wanna buy a console to avoid this crap.

I can't see myself ever gaming on a console. I barely make any time for gaming on a PC and if I had to use a console and controller I would probably never play any games. The thought of it disgusts me. But, your point isn't lost. If you don't count the sloppy crap, the minimum system requirements of most games allow the use of weak and antiquated components.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I can't see myself ever gaming on a console. I barely make any time for gaming on a PC and if I had to use a console and controller I would probably never play any games. The thought of it disgusts me. But, your point isn't lost. If you don't count the sloppy crap, the minimum system requirements of most games allow the use of weak and antiquated components.

Just to play the devil's advocate, there are some pros:

1. Can be connected to the entertainment system if available  - away from the desk

2. Controller gameplay is fine for certain kinds of games

3. Relatively cheap

4. Access to console titles (esp. on the PS side)

5. Fewer issues

Certainly fine for lightweight gaming, which could be just the ticket for many. Shooters are a pain if you are used to kb/m, but servicable after some adjustment time (plus after-market KBM adapters are available). It's a somewhat limited experience, but that could be fine. You are right that console use can be self-limiting, which is a positive in my book.

No piracy / a bit more expensive games though, which again could be viewed as a positive.

It's interesting to note that NVidia first abandoned the console space, got dropped by Apple, and now they are arguably failing to treat the PC market well, taking it for granted sort of, but really just going all-in on AI where the competition is building up. Wonder how the strategy will play out.

• Like 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

Just to play the devil's advocate, there are some pros:

1. Can be connected to the entertainment system if available  - away from the desk

2. Controller gameplay is fine for certain kinds of games

3. Relatively cheap

4. Access to console titles (esp. on the PS side)

5. Fewer issues

Certainly fine for lightweight gaming, which could be just the ticket for many. Shooters are a pain if you are used to kb/m, but servicable after some adjustment time (plus after-market KBM adapters are available). It's a somewhat limited experience, but that could be fine. You are right that console use can be self-limiting, which is a positive in my book.

No piracy / a bit more expensive games though, which again could be viewed as a positive.

It's interesting to note that NVidia first abandoned the console space, got dropped by Apple, and now they are arguably failing to treat the PC market well, taking it for granted sort of, but really just going all-in on AI where the competition is building up. Wonder how the strategy will play out.

Maybe for some folks. Not for me. Not my cup of tea. I think computers would suck less if there were no consoles lowering the bar. But, I don't hate them as much as a handheld POS like the Steam Deck. That is about as low as the bar can go. It's in a hole on the ground, LOL. A joke like that makes a sucky turdbook seem like something special.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

It's still better to game on PC. 4k60 medium settings on console isn't super common. I have a measly 3060 and with script hook and gta v a basically dead game gets brought back to life through mods as well as my laptops ability to play gta v at 4k120 on my 4k120 tv. Superior. As for bugs, it's really only a handful of games, most run well. I'm thinking of buying a Xbox series x but I just can't justify it. Close but not quite there. When you need a 4090 for 4k30 il jump on it and hook up a kb.m

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I think if we began making a list of all the things that suck because of consoles it would be a long one. When you start lowering standards and accepting compromise it has a way of spreading and dumbing down other things. We start allowing caveats and making exceptions. Accepting mediocrity  and tolerating less becomes too easy.  Today's turdbooks are one of the most popular symptoms of the bar being set too low.

• Like 3

I don't hate my laptop over a desktop perse but when it comes to the big picture (desktop/laptop/console) its still vastly superior to consoles. I really enjoy playing a game from time to time, mainly racing and fps(basically just crysis) Im old school I don't care about graphics but when a game just released in late 2023 looks like it was made in 2005 its a real eye opener to the stagnation of septic crud we will being seeing for the foreseeable future, like I mean if after 18 years nothing has changed what will games look like in 2042? 

its honestly just censorship from uncle sam.

they can make a mod in a week that turns gta v into photo realism then why can't rockstar do the same, not like we haven't given them enough time(8years). this is just stupid.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

5 hours ago, KING19 said:

It just adds on what i've been saying about games released in 2023

The graphics in Starfield are not even next level but runs like crap on modern hardware and requires the use of FSR/DLSS Mod to get playable framerates just to hide the fact the game is badly optimized.

I’ve had some time to get adjusted to the game. I have disabled motion blur, everything else is maxed out though. DLSS is on quality, while running 4K resolution. I have enabled rebar through Inspector tool as well. 

I typically get 60-70fps easy out in the more demanding open worlds or cities. Caves are about 85-120fps. This game totally maxed out with quality DLSS is easily 60+ FPS at all times though. With the 3090 being a 4K DLSS GPU, I imagine lower tier GPU’s shouldn’t have any trouble running 1080P/1440P and DLSS on top while still getting 57-67FPS range easily. Aka: 3070/3070Ti/3080 etc.

The DLSS mod isn’t really mandatory. And it doesn’t offer any significant performance gain. Just a better image quality over FSR2 is what I’ve seen. 

Forcing rebar was good for +4FPS

Installing DLSS mod +2 FPS

NVCP picture quality “High Perf” +2 FPS

Disable motion blur +3FPS

Heavy GPU overclock/power limit + 6FPS

^ Real world 17 FPS boost for me. YMMV. No 4090’s here, so I was trying to get every frame and maintain a 60+ 4K gaming experience. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

behold the future is nigh. I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime but without further ado

PACMAN WITH AI RAYTRACING<FOLKS THIS IS REAL.

gaming will forever be changed, and as will our perception of reality

edit. actually a side note after seeing the video above it makes me want to buy the game and mess around 1 and 2 get an oled tv. lol stupid sony triluminos.

• Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

56 minutes ago, ryan said:

behold the future is nigh. I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime but without further ado

PACMAN WITH AI RAYTRACING<FOLKS THIS IS REAL.

gaming will forever be changed, and as will our perception of reality

edit. actually a side note after seeing the video above it makes me want to buy the game and mess around 1 and 2 get an oled tv. lol stupid sony triluminos.

I’ve got right at 150 hours on that OLED monitor I got some months back. No issues whatsoever. It really leaves all visual and fidelity problems that a traditional monitor would have at the door. And yeah they are like kinda dumb little issues that most people would laugh at or not mind with traditional monitors and TV’s. If anyone is curious, those issues are light bleed, light glow, poor viewing angles, and not being able to see the color black but instead dark gray. Oled and mini led over come these and really making gaming a vibrant experience. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

Check out this free GPU benchmark on Steam. It's pretty cool visuals and audio. It pulled up to about 480W from my 4090. There are two different scenes and you can choose no DLSS or the range of DLSS settings.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/770170/EzBench_Benchmark/

https://www.ezbench.gg/

20230904002834-1.jpg
20230904003010-1.jpg

20230904005148-1.jpg

20230904003254-1.jpg

20230904003511-1.jpg

20230904003659-1.jpg

20230904003911-1.jpg

• Thumb Up 3

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Maybe for some folks. Not for me. Not my cup of tea. I think computers would suck less if there were no consoles lowering the bar. But, I don't hate them as much as a handheld POS like the Steam Deck. That is about as low as the bar can go. It's in a hole on the ground, LOL. A joke like that makes a sucky turdbook seem like something special.

Yes, some games arguably suck on PCs in the sense that they provide little extra benefit when run on the latter.

We can also argue that consoles are particularly bad because they detract from PC sales, but that’s water under the bridge.

The reality is that the huge price gap between PCs and consoles means that the latter are ever more viable now, and the ongoing NVidia ripoff is not helping the situation. I guess one could argue that by supporting the Green Goblin, their pricing strategy, as well as anything having to do with AI (the new crypto as regards the demand for GPUs) with our wallets, we are helping them kill PCs, only to later lament collapsing computer sales and further prices hikes as a consequence of falling volumes, a death spiral of sorts. Food for thought.

• Thanks 1

-- Max Tegmark