NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

34 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Funny how I went from no OLEDs to my main display being OLED and 3x of my laptops have OLED displays (Acer OLED 16 AMD, Asus Vivobook Ultra 7 155h/3050 OLED, Asus Vivobook Ultra 9 185h/3050 OLED). After using this Alienware 3225QF for several weeks, looking at other displays is downright painful now how washed out they can look nevermind those nice inky blacks (I keep my computer room lights low when in use).

As for the MSI PSU, it is smaller but man it is dense and heavy lol.  They packed a lot of stuff in that little chassis. The P2 1600w in my main rig is quiet but times change so in with the new and out with the old because newer is ALWAYS better....right @Papusan ? 🤣

Adorable little cats but I'm allergic to them unfortunately. 😞

OLED will ruin other panels visual appeal like IPS/TN for sure. I might be down sizing when I move, and it’ll probably be something like a 32” 240hz oled. I have complete faith in the technology though. 

• Thumb Up 2

13900KF

My hands are iching for a 9950x 😄

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2
  • Bump 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

7 hours ago, cylix said:

Hmmm. Intel can't do much wrong with next gen to try compete with this new and shiny tools from AMD. For me this looks very boring😔 Not so sure bro @Mr. Fox see it any differently than me.

tXL4FHPSnVJ0A.webp

giphy.webp

45.jpg

boring.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Bump 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

On 5/30/2024 at 4:29 PM, electrosoft said:

Yeah, no way I'm paying $300+, but sub $200? Sure and yep with AW, if it isn't working back it goes. I'd say I'm ~85% hit with AW. Some misses have been 1x PSU, 2x Motherboards and 1x AIO that I can recall but I've ordered from them for almost 10years now when the situation is right. The savings can be pretty substantial.

PSU arrived this weekend. I just opened it and took a look at it, looks brand new. Unfortunately it is missing a single cable, the mini USB to USB A cable? I have no idea what I would use that for because it has the mini USB to 9pin USB for the data stuff. Either way I reached out to Amazon support and they provided me with a 10% discount on the item. So got out the door with it for $150. And I just registered it to MSI website so I can submit my Amazon review link for the free $20 steam gift card. 

In the end this PSU might end up costing me $130 for something they're charging $325 retail on Amazon right now lol. Sometimes I love Amazon Warehouse deals. 😎

6 hours ago, Papusan said:

Hmmm. Intel can't do much wrong with next gen to try compete with this new and shiny tools from AMD. For me this looks very boring😔 Not so sure bro @Mr. Fox see it any differently than me.

tXL4FHPSnVJ0A.webp

giphy.webp

45.jpg

boring.jpg

I did the same napkin math last night. This is not good for AMD. You could tell by the lack of excitement from Lisa Su during the presentation. It was not like previous launches. I think AMD knows they've F'd up. The overall IPC gain is further lifted by the Blender and Geekbench AES results which heavily rely on AVX-512. Given that most things don't use or rely on AVX-512, the overall IPC uplift is going to be even smaller around 14.7% uplift. This is hugely disappointing given Zen 4 was supposed to be mere a refresh with Zen 5 being this huge new Zen redesign with large performance gains. Now we see the truth and it's again just a refresh with the same core counts we've had for years from AMD. AMD truly is stagnating now, and they pulled this launch up because they know if it's reviewed against Arrow Lake it review well. 

If you look at Intel's latest leaked slides and read the article over at Chipsandcheese, Intel is showing 38 to 68% IPC uplift on their new E cores for Lunar and Arrow Lake. That is a massive jump in IPC which is going to offset the fact that Intel cut HT on Arrow Lake. I think Arrow Lake is going to slap AMD around this gen.

The biggest downfall for AMD going forward is going to be the fact that Intel is now using both internal and external fabs. Intel is using chiplets and they can pick and choose the best tech for the job. Intel will be on the leading node with Arrow Lake on Intel 20A and TSMC 3nm and AMD on 4nm TSMC. This is a huge change and no longer will AMD be able to lean on using a cutting edge node for performance. Now AMD will have to compete on chip design alone. Interesting times ahead for sure. 

• Like 4
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

4 hours ago, Talon said:

The biggest downfall for AMD going forward is going to be the fact that Intel is now using both internal and external fabs. Intel is using chiplets and they can pick and choose the best tech for the job. Intel will be on the leading node with Arrow Lake on Intel 20A and TSMC 3nm and AMD on 4nm TSMC. This is a huge change and no longer will AMD be able to lean on using a cutting edge node for performance. Now AMD will have to compete on chip design alone. Interesting times ahead for sure. 

4 hours ago, Talon said:

I did the same napkin math last night. This is not good for AMD.

4 hours ago, Talon said:

If you look at Intel's latest leaked slides and read the article over at Chipsandcheese, Intel is showing 38 to 68% IPC uplift on their new E cores for Lunar and Arrow Lake. That is a massive jump in IPC which is going to offset the fact that Intel cut HT on Arrow Lake. I think Arrow Lake is going to slap AMD around this gen.

Spot on on most bro @Talon🤠

If what I have seen is correct.... The 4nm node AMD use for Zen 5 is just an refined 5nm from TSMC. Cost cutting from AMD or they (TSMC) can't offer better for high performance right now. 

But will you see Ryzens with more than sixteen cores? It doesn't sound that likely, CEO Lisa Su says.

• Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

For me this looks very boring😔 Not so sure bro @Mr. Fox see it any differently than me.

1 hour ago, Talon said:

I did the same napkin math last night. This is not good for AMD.

Yeah, I do not see it any differently. I did not expect to. But, I do expect the YouTube influencer shills to jump on the hype train. They always do. It doesn't matter whether it is an Intel, AMD or NVIDIA product, they beat their drums and fabricate the hype needed to motivate the sheeple to reach for their keyboards and wallets.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

2 hours ago, Talon said:

PSU arrived this weekend. I just opened it and took a look at it, looks brand new. Unfortunately it is missing a single cable, the mini USB to USB A cable? I have no idea what I would use that for because it has the mini USB to 9pin USB for the data stuff. Either way I reached out to Amazon support and they provided me with a 10% discount on the item. So got out the door with it for $150. And I just registered it to MSI website so I can submit my Amazon review link for the free $20 steam gift card. 

In the end this PSU might end up costing me $130 for something they're charging $325 retail on Amazon right now lol. Sometimes I love Amazon Warehouse deals. 😎

I'll have to spot check my cables. I didn't get a chance to test it last night. I was all wrapped up in testing some Sonos Ace headphones watching the last 3 episodes of AppleTV+'s Foundation season two lol. (TL;DR I've had them for almost a week now and they're pretty awesome).

I need to pull my desktop and give it an overall and some TLC along with the MSI PSU.

2 hours ago, Talon said:

I did the same napkin math last night. This is not good for AMD. You could tell by the lack of excitement from Lisa Su during the presentation. It was not like previous launches. I think AMD knows they've F'd up. The overall IPC gain is further lifted by the Blender and Geekbench AES results which heavily rely on AVX-512. Given that most things don't use or rely on AVX-512, the overall IPC uplift is going to be even smaller around 14.7% uplift. This is hugely disappointing given Zen 4 was supposed to be mere a refresh with Zen 5 being this huge new Zen redesign with large performance gains. Now we see the truth and it's again just a refresh with the same core counts we've had for years from AMD. AMD truly is stagnating now, and they pulled this launch up because they know if it's reviewed against Arrow Lake it review well. 

I was thinking the same thing and like I said before, I knew the 30% uplift rumors were a Cheech and Chong moment for many with AMD. We'll have to see when real testing takes place but in light of Intel's new limits and stock vs stock (OC's don't count. My biggest pet peeve testing OC A vs stock B), I'll be curious to see what it brings to the table overall.

I'm excited for Intel and hope they can bring the thunder and lightening again. 12th->14th++ just felt like Skylake all over again to me with an absolute banger out the door and then AMD slowly eroded their lead especially power consumption and keeping AVX-512 while Intel kept stretching it making it get hotter and heavier cramming more cores in there but unlike Skylake it's those efficiency cores. I just want Intel to get to a point they can offer a full fat 16 core monster someday.

I'll believe 38-68% uplift when I see it. Just like with AMD, launch day always brings us back to earth.

I'm pretty sure still I'm going to hold off till 9950X3D and that gives me time to see what Intel brings to the table.

Running two Asus Vivobook Ultra 7 and Ultra 9 notebooks, the efficiency and better cooling performance per watt overall is definitely there compared to their 13th and 14th mobile parts.

In the end, AMD drives Intel to not harken back to the day of only releasing marginal upgrades and keeping plenty in the tank for fatter margins and longer shelf life. The same holds true for AMD too.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

I like the new updates to the Nvidia App coming.

AV1 fully embraced and auto overclocking.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-app-gets-built-in-automatic-overclocking-for-geforce-gpus-which-will-not-invalidate-warranty

This will take the auto turbo out of box experience which can be conservative and the app will take up to 20 minutes even finding your optimal OC to extract even more performance from your GPU.

Manual OC'ers are running out of even more room......

• Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

AI optimized cold plate. What's next? This is getting ridiculous. Or out of hands. 

Asetek debuts revolutionary AI-optimized ECAM cold plate — constructed using high-resolution 3D metal printing in collaboration with Fabric8Labs

VWjadK5kq5zYmTK6uwy8wR.png

On 5/29/2024 at 11:05 PM, Papusan said:

Nice. Maybe Nvidia may go back to smaller coolers for their next gen graphics cards. The current gen 4090 cooler is designed for above 600W. But as we know... AMD didn'twant to compete for the performance crown. Already now we see Nvidia partners toying with slimmer coolers for4090 (cut costs). I expect we will see a real cut down on  cooling capacity for next gen cards (MSRP cards).

In short... Nvidia could shrink max allowed power for their next gen graphics cards. A smart move... This will reduce the chances for burned up cards as 4090 due the new modern slimy  and thin trash 12+4  power connectors.

Nvidia vs gamers = 3-0

Geforce RTX 5090 may be smaller than RTX 4090

According to new information, Nvidia's Founders Edition variant of the Geforce RTX 5090 will be a notch smaller than its predecessor.

RTX 5090 may be surprisingly svelte — twin-slot, twin-fan model on the way, says leaker

If this new information is true, it makes the RTX 5090 a much slimmer design than the 4090 FE, which was delivered with a triple-slot cooling solution. Other AIB partners offer larger even 4090 designs that could take up almost four slots. A smaller and slimmer flagship GPU would be a welcome change after several generations of larger and larger GPUs.

Yup, some don't understand "why you can slim down" the cooling capacity. With less or lower power consumption (shrinked board power) you don't need huge coolers anymore. 

All this signaling more power efficient GPU's. Or that Nvidia know 100% for sure that AMD don't have something to compete with.

On 5/30/2024 at 7:01 PM, Papusan said:

Just rumors but it fits very well with the rumored info above.... Why max out the performance if the competitors doesn't want to compete? Capped down GPU in all ways doesn't need huge coolers.

This will be more and more ugly. Now it's time start cripple desktops GPU's in same way as Nvidia and OEMs did for Jokebooks. People remember Max-Q ? Wouldn't it be nice wikth similar for desktops? Castrate power and performance to be able to use the graphics card in thin, light and slimy.

Nvidia Launches SFF-Ready Certification for GPUs and Compact Computer Cases

Published Yesterday by Hilbert Hagedoorn  5

teaser

Nvidia has introduced the SFF-Ready certification program, aimed at standardizing the compatibility of graphics processing units (GPUs) with small form factor (SFF) computer cases, particularly mini-ITX housings. The initiative provides clear guidelines for the maximum dimensions of video cards and the minimum internal space requirements for compatible computer cases, facilitating the selection process for users seeking to assemble or upgrade compact PCs. Under this new program, GPUs eligible for the SFF-Ready label must adhere to specific size restrictions. They can be no longer than 304mm, no higher than 151mm, and must not exceed a thickness of 2.5 slots. Correspondingly, SFF housings are required to accommodate at least these dimensions, with a minimum length of 312mm, a height of 154.5mm, and a slot thickness accommodating up to 2.5 slots.

This standardization effort by Nvidia aims to simplify the hardware selection process for enthusiasts and professionals looking to build or upgrade to a compact system without compromising on the performance capabilities often associated with larger, more traditional PC builds. Several leading hardware manufacturers are participating in Nvidia’s SFF-Ready program.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, cylix said:

trigger finger is ready, skipping the upcoming X3D parts for higher productivity perf and more tuning flexibility 🙂 

love the fact that AM5 support is now extended to 2027+ btw!

8 hours ago, Papusan said:

tXL4FHPSnVJ0A.webp

giphy.webp

45.jpg

boring.jpg

sooo...ure comparing stock vs. max OC. right 😄 

4 hours ago, electrosoft said:

I'll have to spot check my cables. I didn't get a chance to test it last night. I was all wrapped up in testing some Sonos Ace headphones watching the last 3 episodes of AppleTV+'s Foundation season two lol. (TL;DR I've had them for almost a week now and they're pretty awesome).

I need to pull my desktop and give it an overall and some TLC along with the MSI PSU.

I was thinking the same thing and like I said before, I knew the 30% uplift rumors were a Cheech and Chong moment for many with AMD. We'll have to see when real testing takes place but in light of Intel's new limits and stock vs stock (OC's don't count. My biggest pet peeve testing OC A vs stock B), I'll be curious to see what it brings to the table overall.

I'm excited for Intel and hope they can bring the thunder and lightening again. 12th->14th++ just felt like Skylake all over again to me with an absolute banger out the door and then AMD slowly eroded their lead especially power consumption and keeping AVX-512 while Intel kept stretching it making it get hotter and heavier cramming more cores in there but unlike Skylake it's those efficiency cores. I just want Intel to get to a point they can offer a full fat 16 core monster someday.

I'll believe 38-68% uplift when I see it. Just like with AMD, launch day always brings us back to earth.

I'm pretty sure still I'm going to hold off till 9950X3D and that gives me time to see what Intel brings to the table.

Running two Asus Vivobook Ultra 7 and Ultra 9 notebooks, the efficiency and better cooling performance per watt overall is definitely there compared to their 13th and 14th mobile parts.

In the end, AMD drives Intel to not harken back to the day of only releasing marginal upgrades and keeping plenty in the tank for fatter margins and longer shelf life. The same holds true for AMD too.

word @launch day facts. u got one side dooming intel for abandoning HT, the other side dooming AMD cuz Intel baby cores have MEGA IPC UPLIFT INCOMING. welp, lets wait and see whats actually up 🙂

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Man, I really want to try new Intel 15th Gen 285K Ultra when that drops. But I highly doubt I will be coming off of my current setup anytime soon. Apex A04/14900KS/DDR5 8600. It’s too dang good right now.

The speed/stability/reliability aspect is pure golden. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

38 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

sooo...ure comparing stock vs. max OC. right 😄 

Nope. Just added the promised IPC increase on top of Zen 4 to find what score you should expect from the new 16 core Ryzen flagship chips. 

44.500 in CBR-23 from the brand new Ryzen flagship is far below what I get with an oc with my "old" intel chips. And that's not much to be excited about. 

Newer gen should mean much better. Regardless if it comes from the Red or the blue camp. Half-baked isn't good enough.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Nope. Just added the promised IPC increase on top of Zen 4 to find what score you should expect from the new 16 core Ryzen flagship chips. 

44.500 in CBR-23 from the brand new Ryzen flagship is far below what I get with an oc with my "old" intel chips. And that's not much to be excited about. 

thats what i was referring to. ure comparing stock zen 5 vs. max OC of your chip 😄 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

12 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

thats what i was referring to. ure comparing stock zen 5 vs. max OC of your chip 😄 

LOOL

NVIDIA RTX 5080 rumor sparks fears that this GPU could be disappointing - but don't panic yet
Darren Allan | Video Cards & GPUs | Jun 3, 2024 2:19 PM CDT
NVIDIA's next-gen Blackwell gaming GPUs are keenly anticipated, of course, and while Computex 2024 didn't give us any of the details on RTX 5000 that we wanted, a leaker has stepped into the breach with some fresh nuggets of rumors.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

And 24 cores vs 16. Disable 8 cores and give me your cb 23 score.

On 6/2/2024 at 8:34 PM, Mr. Fox said:

So it is using your integrated graphics to output through the discrete GPU monitor ports?

No, I think bios 1 is fubar, and gpuz will read the only gpu it finds, which is the igpu.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

14 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

And 24 cores vs 16. Disable 8 cores and give me your cb 23 score.

Both have 32 threads🙃 

Next generation Intel will most likely have fewer threads than AMDs best chips. 24 vs 32 threads. Common math should say less will offer less and not more. If less beats more then it's a failure for the new thread king🙂 Time will tell if less is more bro @ryan

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Both have 32 threads🙃 

As we always said...there is no replacement for displacement for horsepower, same can be said for cores.

• Like 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

Heading down the home stretch with my daughter's Team AMD system with the P2 850w passing everything I could throw at it. Cablemod cables are handling everything so far. Had to chuck an aRGB hub that wasn't working properly. Another on the way back because the pictures said and showed full PWM control but the fan lead only had two wires and zero control.

I'll install and run Steel Nomad later. Rumor has it the last driver update fixed WoW and suddenly DX12 works even though AMD was saying it wasn't on them but Blizzard so we shall see.

Top fans aren't aRGB and won't be even if/when I swap out the 2x Arctic PL12's with white versions. It has enough RGB as is lol.

Case is so white it makes the white edition shroud on the Powercolor 7900xtx look off white.

Hyte Y40

mdie tuned 2x16GB w/ custom heatsink/aRGB covers

Asus Prime B650

AMD 7600x

Asus Ryujin III 240mm AIO

Powercolor 7900xtx Spectral White Edition

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

EVGA P2 850w PSU

Cablemod Custom Red and White Cables

6RqSMxh.jpg

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Heading down the home stretch with my daughter's Team AMD system with the P2 850w passing everything I could throw at it. Cablemod cables are handling everything so far. Had to chuck an aRGB hub that wasn't working properly. Another on the way back because the pictures said and showed full PWM control but the fan lead only had two wires and zero control.

I'll install and run Steel Nomad later. Rumor has it the last driver update fixed WoW and suddenly DX12 works even though AMD was saying it wasn't on them but Blizzard so we shall see.

Top fans aren't aRGB and won't be even if/when I swap out the 2x Arctic PL12's with white versions. It has enough RGB as is lol.

Case is so white it makes the white edition shroud on the Powercolor 7900xtx look off white.

Hyte Y40

mdie tuned 2x16GB w/ custom heatsink/aRGB covers

Asus Prime B650

AMD 7600x

Asus Ryujin III 240mm AIO

Powercolor 7900xtx Spectral White Edition

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

EVGA P2 850w PSU

Cablemod Custom Red and White Cables

6RqSMxh.jpg

Looks like it was a fun build. Of course they're all fun 😁

• Thumb Up 2

LOOL

Now it seems AMD also has accepted the tiny 12+4 trash connector. So they trust it for workstation cards but not for their gamer cards. Hmmm, amusing 😆

in short… Don’t let the gamerkids play with the fire, HaHa

ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX & 7900 XT Workstation GPUs Adopt 12V-2×6 Connector & 2-Slot Design For AI Setups

20 minutes ago, Papusan said:

LOOL

Now it seems AMD also has accepted the tiny 12+4 trash connector. So they trust it for workstation cards but not for their gamer cards. Hmmm, amusing 😆

in short… Don’t let the gamerkids play with the fire, HaHa

ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX & 7900 XT Workstation GPUs Adopt 12V-2×6 Connector & 2-Slot Design For AI Setups

Whuuutttta? You gotta be kidding me. Have they had their heads up their tailpipes?  Why would they do something so stupid, unless they actually are stupid and not paying attention.

• Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

lol gamer kids, truth is most gamers are well into their 30s.

but yes things are getting silly, and benchmarking might be a dead sport in 3 years, with AI doing all the tweaking

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

2 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Looks like it was a fun build. Of course they're all fun 😁

So true. 🙂

One thing I like is the only "new" component in the entire system is the case. Everything else was picked up used and/or open box. I ended up saving over $600 slowly amassing the pieces of choice and finally putting it all together.

• Thumb Up 2

LOL, bye bye gaming gpus 😄

Intel also on the AI Craze

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

2 hours ago, cylix said:

LOL, bye bye gaming gpus 😄

Intel also on the AI Craze

And TSMC want more $$$ from the AI hype. 

- Will show the Nvidia boss what we are worth
TSMC's strongman has complained to Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang, and wants better pay. With a 78 percent gross margin, it should at least be enough to take off.

PS. The forum is now almost useless to use. So slow and laggy that this can't be used. Never seen it this slow @Reciever

A glimpse into next gen Intel....

• Thumb Up 6
  • Bump 1