NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

Fun start after put in the new second PSU. Connected the power and the cable to the wall . Turned on the on start button and nothing. A slight move on the fans and thats it. Disconnected the graphics card and put in a vanilla GTX 750 without power connector. Aka the pc run on the main PSU. Same here as well. The lights on the Asus MB light up (they do that even without the Be Quiet PSU is turned on-the way beQuiet do it) when I connect power and the PSU button. So the power come to the MB and the lights up on the Aqua Computer high flow NEXT screen. 

Once I try start the pc I hear a slight click and the fans move a milli second the nothing. Dead. Any ideas? But I think this is the MB. I even cleared the cmos and tried start up. Nothing. No lights in the debug screen on the motherboard when I turn on the power after clean shutdown (all power off). Only the fans move slightly and stop. 

Same with and without graphics card connected. No error only dead machine. Slight move on the fans then nothing.

Also checked the new SFX PSU. Connected the power on the bottom pump and it start run as it should. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Fun start after put in the new second PSU. Connected the power and the cable to the wall . Turned on the on start button and nothing. A slight move on the fans and thats it. Disconnected the graphics card and put in a vanilla GTX 750 without power connector. Aka the pc run on the main PSU. Same here as well. The lights on the Asus MB light up (they do that even without the Be Quiet PSU is turned on-the way beQuiet do it) when I connect power and the PSU button. So the power come to the MB and the lights up on the Aqua Computer high flow NEXT screen. 

Once I try start the pc I hear a slight click and the fans move a milli second the nothing. Dead. Any ideas? But I think this is the MB. I even cleared the cmos and tried start up. Nothing. No lights in the debug screen on the motherboard when I turn on the power after clean shutdown (all power off). Only the fans move slightly and stop. 

Same with and without graphics card connected. No error only dead machine. Slight move on the fans then nothing.

Also checked the new SFX PSU. Connected the power on the bottom pump and it start run as it should. 

I was having this issue on my Apex the other day and the Strix mobo has also done it a few times in the past. It is always after doing some kind of work on the system. It did it to me the other day after removing and reinstalling RAM modules. Try disconnecting the power coming to the PSU from the wall and the 24-pin motherboard cable and reconnect it (at the motherboard, not the PSU) first, then reconnect the cord from the wall. I don't know why this happens randomly. I have never experienced it with an EVGA or MSI motherboard, only ASUS.

3 hours ago, cylix said:

"Asus is a scumbag company" - Steve 😂😂

Coincidental comment? I think not. Started this video at the key moment for Jay's comment, too. They are part of the trash masters of the universe club. Is it worth it to buy their garbage for an SP rating? How 'bout no.

b77hgPa.gif

And, clipped from a previous recent video...

WTU67pC.gif

Saved the closing comments from Steve for future reference, too. 

mEr3V9m.gif

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Try disconnecting the power coming to the PSU from the wall and the 24-pin motherboard cable and reconnect it (at the motherboard, not the PSU) first, then reconnect the cord from the wall. I don't know why this happens randomly. I have never experienced it with an EVGA or MSI motherboard, only ASUS.

Thanks. You said “then reconnect the cord from the wall. What with the 24 pin mb connection to psu? Connect it to the PSU afterwards when you have disconnected the power to the PSU? Should I turn on the power button on PSU in between?

This doesn’t surprise me with this trash board. Again thanks my friend. 

Edit. It will be hopeless if this starts being the trend when I swap In and out old and new graphics cards. Or do some small changes. 

• Thumb Up 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

14 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Thanks. You said “then reconnect the cord from the wall. What with the 24 pin mb connection to psu? Connect it to the PSU afterwards when you have disconnected the power to the PSU? Should I turn on the power button on PSU in between?

This doesn’t surprise me with this trash board. Again thanks my friend. 

I have only disconnected the 24-pin cable at the motherboard, not where it connects to the PSU. It is like it gets a random bad connection when the motherboard gets disturbed. Whether it is the pins in the cable or the socket on the motherboard is unclear, but it is worth noting that it did it with the EVGA 850W PSU and the Corsair 1200W PSU, so I do not believe it is the cable. Probably something to do with the "cutting edge" robot soldering process ASUS likes to brag about.

I have always unplugged the power from the wall first and reconnected it last.

• Thanks 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I have only disconnected the 24-pin cable at the motherboard, not where it connects to the PSU. It is like it gets a random bad connection when the motherboard gets disturbed. Whether it is the pins in the cable or the socket on the motherboard is unclear, but it is worth noting that it did it with the EVGA 850W PSU and the Corsair 1200W PSU, so I do not believe it is the cable. Probably something to do with the "cutting edge" robot soldering process ASUS likes to brag about.

As I already have wrote about. I only turned off the psu button and disconnected the PSU cable from the wall. Then removed the two PCIe cables on the old graphic card. Thereafter disconnected the 8-pin PCIe connector from the PSU. Put back the 12 pin connector for the 4090 in the PSU (didn’t connect the 12 pin connector in any cards due I didn’t use the HOF). Then mounted the SFX PSU and connected 2x8-pin PCIe to the graphics card. That was everything. Still this messed up no bot/no post. Like a dead mb. Will try your way later today. There is nothing in my work that should triggered this no bot/dead mb behavior. What a freaking joke this Asus board is. 

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Papusan said:

As I already have wrote about. I only turned off the psu button and disconnected the PSU cable from the wall. Then removed the two PCIe cables on the old graphic card. Thereafter disconnected the 8-pin PCIe connector from the PSU. Put back the 12 pin connector for the 4090 in the PSU (didn’t connect the 12 pin connector in any cards due I didn’t use the HOF). Then mounted the SFX PSU and connected 2x8-pin PCIe to the graphics card. That was everything. Still this messed up no bot/no post. Like a dead mb. Will try your way later today. There is nothing in my work that should triggered this no bot/dead mb behavior. What a freaking joke this Asus board is. 

Yeah, their brand is a joke. It's weird that I have had few issues with their cheaper products. Only their most expensive products have been a problem. But, all of their motherboard support software is broken now. Their win32 Aura and TurboV Core software won't work on newer versions of Windows and Armory Crate is UWP trash that is extremely bloated filth that consumes gobs of system resources, adds 1200+ keys worth of trash to the registry, and won't even function more than half the time.

I think it's time for them to die and spend the rest of eternity in hell, where they deserve to be since that's what they put their customers through on earth.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, cylix said:

"Asus is a scumbag company" - Steve 😂😂

I think he is going to be the enemy of all of these companies. Asrock refuses to work with them. Gigabyte is still sore after that butt kicking they've received and MSI continues to get jabs here and there for their past mistakes. Now it is Asus's turn. 

In my opinion, I believe Steve (GN) is the only tech tuber to be for consumers. They call out Intel, AMD and Nvidia. While we may not agree with them on everything, they are fighting for us. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 5

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

On 5/9/2023 at 1:09 PM, Talon said:

Screenshot-38.png

Screenshot-39.png
23-4k-gpu.png

Not my highest TS CPU score, but Windows 11 is terrible for consistency with this laptop. I can get around 20K CPU, but it's almost like it's random. Something is eating up cycles/performance in the background. Might need to swap to Atlas10 for real benching. Either way for a less than 6lb laptop this thing absolutely rips. Fans on auto on a cooling pad, can cool a lot better but I'm testing with auto fans. Ears are sick of max blast fans these days lol. 

Given the size the performance is indeed quite stunning. If only Lenovo were more ambitious with screen size, memory, storage or modularity.

Have you tested how much CPU power it can sustain for a 10 minute CB R23 run?

As for not running the fans at max I would assume that you may still have something like stock performance due to your cooling pad, if not more as those temps are quite low.

On 5/9/2023 at 1:31 PM, electrosoft said:

That thing is beastly and we've reached a point of BGA laptops just burying what's left of old school DTRs CPU and GPU wise 😞

It is quite depressing to see this kind of performance only being available in a BGA book. Just think of the fun we could have had with a full blown socketed  18" DTR.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rage Set said:

I think he is going to be the enemy of all of these companies. Asrock refuses to work with them. Gigabyte is still sore after that butt kicking they've received and MSI continues to get jabs here and there for their past mistakes. Now it is Asus's turn. 

In my opinion, I believe Steve (GN) is the only tech tuber to be for consumers. They call out Intel, AMD and Nvidia. While we may not agree with them on everything, they are fighting for us. 

Don't want to critic him too much but here's my thought.

All the video entire run of it has basically - Acoustic Scans, X Ray imaging, Cross section Microscope and then another deep Electron Microscope.

Ton of Technical terminology thrown at the user, and what we are looking at is a Nanometer scale transistor packaging from world's advanced lithography of TSMC 5N under a Microscope, it will look same for older processors or any node of Semiconductors wafers.

Then proceeds with their FA Lab contact to have even more ton of Technical terminology thrown like 20 items or more list of cause of failure. Ultimately there's no root cause conclusion which was actually the one being hinted at and discussed in their prev piece. This just makes Steve look super smart although his script is basically from the Lab team, credit is its looking interesting under microscope well, that's all. I expected the outcome, but I wanted to wait and see.

It's simple, the problem's nature is pure Electrical Engineering standpoint and we cannot really see anything as 99.99% of the people do not know this high tech stuff. People do not even know how TXAA (Nvidia technology) blurs their game to garbage due to Resolution of Textures being downgraded as a result of AA blending which is the default on all AAA and we cannot disable it then they upscale that using DLSS lower quality image apply sharpening filter instead of using DLAA which is real Super Sampling unlike DLSS !! let alone the VLSI engineering.

Fact is if we see anything under the Electron Microscope be it our skin, any piece of PCB, CPU things always look different and interesting due to simple fact of Naked eye vs Microscopic scale of perception. Just shows how over current, over voltage flow disrupts the electrons thus moving the chemical composition of the PCB and the CPU to changes, entirely expected to see how Copper and others flow inside out other elements...

For Example lets look at these beautiful die shots

NexGen Nx586 440nm RISC processor (Tried to rival Intel x86 Pentium at that time, tried but could not..)

image.png.a931b0c05ee24f11145e9f7616b57dd6.png

image.png.60ea0122b59092e962b0f6dee2de4954.png

Baikal M1000 28nm (Russian ARM designed processor made on TSMC 28nm)

image.png.89bde311402257f05f5cac1b94571886.png

image.thumb.png.cbc4a566b7b7db050cf343335fcb6985.png

However....

ASUS blaming... I won't say no to that. ASUS is a jackass company, look at their forum they just killed the forums, insanely worst QC dept of BIOS literally putting garbage that does not work (to recall beta BIOS fix for RTX 40 PCIe 4.0 fix on Z590 boards works and stable does not, then it has Anti Roll Back for Stable, nasty new practice by ASUS on ARB)  Then the boards that I had to return back.. was a hell. Go to AMD forum entire ASUS forum us run by tons of issues. Same for Intel esp their Z690 series is a massive POS. Shame how their BIOS is top in UI but their BIOS itself is now not good add the other QC problems and their Software.

• Thumb Up 7
  • Like 1

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

9 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I was having this issue on my Apex the other day and the Strix mobo has also done it a few times in the past. It is always after doing some kind of work on the system. It did it to me the other day after removing and reinstalling RAM modules. Try disconnecting the power coming to the PSU from the wall and the 24-pin motherboard cable and reconnect it (at the motherboard, not the PSU) first, then reconnect the cord from the wall. I don't know why this happens randomly. I have never experienced it with an EVGA or MSI motherboard, only ASUS.

Still a no go. Tried two - tree times. If the CMOS battery is dead  and this affect the boot process, shouldn't I have seen any signs of life in the Q-code display or Q-LED indicators when I power on the pc? Nothing show up in there when I try turn on the machine (after disconnecting the power from the wall and PSU button off).

Absolutely no action or lights in the Q-code display or Q-LED indicators. Only the argb bling bling lights on the MB/memory sticks show up, and short brief fan spintup before everyting go back to death. In short... The mb get power to turn on the lights but not enough to turn on the Q-code display or Q-LED indicators start lights up when you click the start button.

8 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Did you even see any signs of life from the  Q-code display or Q-LED indicators?

Everything is damn dead when I try turn on the startup button. Only those disgusting ARGB lights Asus throw all over the place on the MB. 

EhWowu2VoAAOncR?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 1610ftw said:

It is quite depressing to see this kind of performance only being available in a BGA book. Just think of the fun we could have had with a full blown socketed  18" DTR.

I've just started the preliminary work for binning some 12900k processors for this Clevo NH55 and it did dawn on me that unless something radically changes, this will be my last run at this process I've enjoyed immensely since back in the Core 2 days.... 😞

• Thumb Up 3
  • Sad 4

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

Still a no go. Tried two - tree times. If the CMOS battery is dead  and this affect the boot process, shouldn't I have seen any signs of life in the Q-code display or Q-LED indicators when I power on the pc? Nothing show up in there when I try turn on the machine (after disconnecting the power from the wall and PSU button off).

Absolutely no action or lights in the Q-code display or Q-LED indicators. Only the argb bling bling lights on the MB/memory sticks show up, and short brief fan spintup before everyting go back to death. In short... The mb get power to turn on the lights but not enough to turn on the Q-code display or Q-LED indicators start lights up when you click the start button.

Did you even see any signs of life from the  Q-code display or Q-LED indicators?

Everything is damn dead when I try turn on the startup button. Only those disgusting ARGB lights Asus throw all over the place on the MB. 

EhWowu2VoAAOncR?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

For sure way is to remove the cpu and all cards and ram. Reset Cmos and then power on. If you get 00 on the debug screen then it may be your cpu(But put cpu back and see if it will now power on), if nothing shows up then the board has a blown part. 

As for swapping parts after a shut down. Asus is known for locking in all parts to certain memory spaces, but when you change those parts then the board starts acting funny until it can readdress the part swap.

This is all provided that you didn't do anything like a bios up or down grade ec flash or me change.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

23 minutes ago, johnksss said:

For sure way is to remove the cpu and all cards and ram. Reset Cmos and then power on. If you get 00 on the debug screen then it may be your cpu(But put cpu back and see if it will now power on), if nothing shows up then the board has a blown part. 

As for swapping parts after a shut down. Asus is known for locking in all parts to certain memory spaces, but when you change those parts then the board starts acting funny until it can readdress the part swap.

This is all provided that you didn't do anything like a bios up or down grade ec flash or me change.

Thanks, bro John.

I mean have found the problem. Haven't started up the machine yet, but have troubleshooted the power from the PSU cables. With the Corsair iCUE Com PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller connected to the PSU, this will shorts the power. Aka the PSU protection turn of the PSU with Corsair junk connected to the sata connector. I will connect up all the MB connectors and try start it up later this evening. So not the MB or PSU. Just the cheapo plastic box for the bling bling from Corsair. And I don't even use that thingy for fans.  

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Thanks, bro John.

I mean have found the problem. Haven't started up the machine yet, but have troubleshooted the power from the PSU cables. With the Corsair iCUE Com PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller connected to the PSU, this will shorts the power. Aka the PSU protection turn of the PSU with Corsair junk connected to the sata connector. I will connect up all the MB connectors and try start it up later this evening. So not the MB or PSU. Just the cheapo plastic box for bling bling from Corsair. And I don't even use that thingy for fans. 

Actually I was hoping you already tried that, that's why I did not make mention of it. And as mentioned some where in this tread...these controllers some times have to be plugged in or wired certain ways or plugged in certain headers for them to even work correctly.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

No, when I experienced this randomly with both ASUS Z690 mobos there was no signs of life at all. Like the machine was unplugged from the wall. By unplugging it and then disconnecting the 24-pin cable, then connecting the 24-pin cable and reconnecting the power cable it did something to make it "wake up" kind of like that stupid Dell laptop power drain thing we sometimes had to do. What is weird about it is that on the Strix and the Apex it was always after something like RAM, CPU or GPU had been disturbed (unsocketed) that triggered it, even though the switch on the PSU had been turned off.

I mean have found the problem. Haven't started up the machine yet, but have troubleshooted the power from the PSU cables. With the Corsair iCUE Com PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller connected to the PSU, this will shorts the power. Aka the PSU protection turn of the PSU with Corsair junk connected to the sata connector. I will connect up all the MB connectors and try start it up later this evening. So not the MB or PSU. Just the cheapo plastic box for the bling bling from Corsair. And I don't even use that thingy for fans.  

Awesome. I am happy to know you have identified the issue. How odd that it only started misbehaving after you added the second PSU. Just coincidence? You were using it before you added the second PSU, and now it has a new problem with the iCUE Com PRO box? Or, you had not ever tried using it before and did not know the iCUE Com Pro had a problem?

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, johnksss said:

...these controllers some times have to be plugged in or wired certain ways or plugged in certain headers for them to even work correctly.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Awesome. I am happy to know you have identified the issue. How odd that it only started misbehaving after you added the second PSU. Just coincidence? You were using it before you added the second PSU, and now it has a new problem with the iCUE Com PRO box? Or, you had not ever tried using it before and did not know the iCUE Com Pro had a problem?

I will try mount it back and power up a bit later. I only used the iCUE Com PRO box for two slow spinning fans on the back/rear side. As well power the two orginal Corsair Lighning for the front Corsair flag (Maybe total of 8W together). Never touched this after I put together the machine in early spring the previous year. Maybe I touched the cable to make a bit more room for routing the extra 8-pin cables when I mount the second PSU. A load of cables behind the French doors as it is. And of course the weakest point (the bling bling plastic box I never ever touch screw up). And I have never liked the Sata connectors. They are weak and flimsy. Better quality plastic from PSU manufacturers but I think the extra gears from a few HW gear companies use more flimsy and cheaper plastic quality. The DELL way.

• Thumb Up 1

5 hours ago, Papusan said:

Thanks, bro John.

It's alive again. The problem was the power short due trash products from Corsair. Now the question... I mean the  lights for the front panel and Corsair flag on the Corsair chassis is with proprietary connector (3 pin ARGB). Not the usual 5v 3 pin ARGB Gen 2.  What's the options? 

This just show  that Asus isn't the only one making bad products and offer bad QC for their cheapo made overpriced products. Without the unwanted disgusting ARGB shit show products, this no post mess wouldn't happen. More unwanted junk just lead to more failures. More of everyhing doesn't always mean better. Just away to charge more for nothing of value.

image.png.16077585f2c2ba2b4af73c2cfd677667.png

image.png.fce811d5f129e61b6615e301e5861833.png

16 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

5 hours ago, johnksss said:

Actually I was hoping you already tried that, that's why I did not make mention of it. And as mentioned some where in this tread...these controllers some times have to be plugged in or wired certain ways or plugged in certain headers for them to even work correctly.

Btw. Thanks for the help and suggestions 🙂

• Thumb Up 4

Btw. Thanks for the help and suggestions 🙂

I am just happy you dodged a bullet and the parts that matter most are OK.

2 hours ago, Rage Set said:

As brother @Papusan likes to say, "Newer is better". Z690 Dark with a 12900K beating 13900K's and newer mobos. 

There is one thing we can always trust about new tech... it's always newer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Man, life has been a whirlwind the past month and a half. Have not really had a chance to play with the new 7900xtx, but hoping to get a chance as soon as stuff settles down around here. So far in Cinebench 23 I have noticed a 6 degree drop in temps moving from the arctic freezer 2, to the custom Raijintek loop in preliminary tests. Will have to test (push) further.

Still coming in and seeing all the posts, hope everyone is doing well....Cheers Bros!

• Like 6

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

On 5/11/2023 at 3:24 AM, Mr. Fox said:

I am just happy you dodged a bullet and the parts that matter most are OK.

There is one thing we can always trust about new tech... it's always newer.

Yep. And I could see the beQuiet power protection in work in real time (never failed), LOOL

They are out with a new 1600W PSU. I'm very happy with their previous flagship, but with the second PSU I don't see the need now 🙂

be quiet! Announces Dark Power Pro 13 1300W and 1600W ATX 3.0 Power Supplies

By Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 05/09/2023 02:19 PM | 9 comment(s) ]
be quiet! Announces Dark Power Pro 13 1300W and 1600W ATX 3.0 Power Supplies

This successor to the award-winning Dark Power Pro 12 series presents a future-proof way to update your system by offering full ATX 3.0 compatibility for next-generation PCIe 5.0 graphics cards, and comes in two wattage classes: 1300 and 1600 watt. And with dual 12VHPWR connector.

Read more

From the comment section... 

image.thumb.png.d848edeac618d1de7b65fb16b492110c.png

The more and more heavy weigted 1000D box may need a new wheel plate😆  The new 750W PSU on left side. For 2250W total power and loads of power connectors. 

image.thumb.png.6a43800880134921d39ce8775beee436.png

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Man, life has been a whirlwind the past month and a half. Have not really had a chance to play with the new 7900xtx, but hoping to get a chance as soon as stuff settles down around here. So far in Cinebench 23 I have noticed a 6 degree drop in temps moving from the arctic freezer 2, to the custom Raijintek loop in preliminary tests. Will have to test (push) further.

Still coming in and seeing all the posts, hope everyone is doing well....Cheers Bros!

Moving is never fun until all of the work is over and you are able to enjoy the new home. Besides the packing and unpacking, there always seems to be a long list of honey-do items that need to be addressed before you can enjoy living in a new (hopefully better) place.

Sounds like the custom loop was a wise upgrade in terms of thermal benefit, but that should come as no surprise. Did they take care of your RGB controller problem yet?

• Like 1

*grabs popcorn 😁

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

4 hours ago, cylix said:

*grabs popcorn 😁

All I can hope for, is that this is the straw the breaks the camels back. Asus needs to be cut down and lose their ROG brand's premium status in the eyes of the public. Whether that really happens or not, is to be determined. I, personally, don't think this is going to happen but I won't be buying any Asus products for awhile. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

8 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

never bought any Asus products for awhile

This is my take. They have been dishing out scumbaggery for a while, people willing step into the puddle hoping their feet don't get wet

• Thumb Up 5

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled