NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

would you guys recommend going for a refurbished intel based desktop with an older cpu and just buying a PSU and Gpu and calling it a day. or is the money invested in a i7 13700k worth it, I just want something reliable and upgradeable. I was thinking either refurbed or brand new in segments. and whats the prediction on 14th gen cpus and 5k gpus

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 5/18/2023 at 7:33 PM, Papusan said:

Here's why nvidia prefered lower TGP for their new gen low-mid end graphics cards. More people can get new and modern graphics in their mini pc's. Those that prefer bigger chassis with better cooling capacity for maximum performance from lower tier cards will lose as always. Nice. 

First Mini-ITX GeForce RTX 40 graphics card announced
https://videocardz.com/newz/first-mini-itx-geforce-rtx-40-graphics-card-announced

INNO3D-GeForce-RTX-4060-Compact-3.jpg

The 12VHPWR connectors is the Gods gifts to the repair shops. The 4090 cards is very powerful and will have a long life in the used market with new owners. This means many cards will be out of warranty and the only fix will be by the repair shops. Yep, the 4090's is a Gold mine for any electronic repair shop.

I'm quite sure the 12VHPWR connectors will come in new revisions for 5000 series cards. For the 4000 series cards its too late... Yep, I think AMD will skip this new connector for current gen Radeon cards (possible 7950XTX). They can't afford bad publicity after their try knocking down nvidia due the smoking 12VHPWR connectors before 7000 series cards release. + the increased costs will make it even harder for AMD to do such expensive changes.

Here is 3 videos in a row from the last 5 days from NorthridgeFix. And I think he will make ready for the 4th or 5th video for this week or next (he got new ones in for repairs). And this delicate 12VHPWR mess won't stop by itself.... 

The last one is for @electrosoft🙂 From today. The weak point was the 90 degree CableMod adapter. Not the 12VHPWR adaper cable. Both fully plugged in. The 90 degree adapter plug was fully molded with the GPU connector. Stroger connection than with any of the best glue you can find on the market, LOOL

1684468447252-png.2615459

4090 FE Connector melted with Cablemod Adapter installed. 40 series cards should be recalled

Thanks for this post bro papu.

I have finally got the Cablemod Kit before last week, I was debating a lot of things regarding NVMe SSD which I will try to mention in a later post. In short Samsung, WD, all NVMe drives are a joke because M.2 standard is not use in Enterprise and they use all drives which are non 2280 M.2 so the quality is garbage (Controllers, Firmware, NAND Flash, BIOS issues, SLC caching)

Anyways so the 90 Degree adapter I got from Cablemod I noticed that the bottom female connector is basically not flush, so I emailed to them and they kindly shipped me an RMA without asking anything. Now that I got another one, and I started inspecting it.

Here are the photos, basically if you see the connectors the female pins on the 90 degree adapter the newer one are not perfectly straight. I also have the Cablemod 12VHPWR direct PSU cable too, it's unopened yet so I took a look and those are nicely straight. I will send another message to Cablemod for this and tell them to improve their manufacturing process. Below right is the new adapter look at the first row...

image.thumb.png.8303001fa3c1890cb90b1477d8f9745c.png

Second thing, is I found this video who mentions the difference with the Nvidia stock adapter. Notice how Nvidia adapter is perfectly straight while BeQuiet is not. Looking at Igor's NTK (Tulip design Intel ATX3.0 revision also puts this in mandatory) vs Astron (Dimple outdated) Also for some reason Cablemod's 12VHPWR cables sense pins run 2 unsheated naked wires. Not sure why it is the case.

image.thumb.png.639cbb99b88a442e709e26c1b5e3eb3e.png

Not sure if it's my OCD or not but it does not look streamlined like Nvidia adapter, I bet all the custom cables are having this flaw. Why is this important ?  because as per the whole zoomed images that Igor's Lab provided the new NTK connector Tulip design latches to the male pins inside the female socket for the GPU connector and imagine if you have such variances and over the time what may happen ? I suppose the Northridge videos show what can happen, since most of those lot are from Cablemod directly. 8 Pin connectors are way thicker and are robust and never had this issue and won't have even if the pins are not perfect due to simple commonsense thinking - the 8 Pins have more metal contact mass vs 16 pins, so they are really feeble and the amount of current flow is also higher on the 16 pin vs a single 8 pin connector. Period.

I already mentioned how AMD's R9 295X2 using dual 8 Pin handle 500W but mentioning it again and we all know Intel SKL-X HEDT i9 10980XE draws over 600W of power from 8 Pin CPU cables without issue when OCed to 5.1GHz all core, why does this BS company Nvidia has to do with this garbage design ??

Respect for that Northridge Fix on telling how this is not some "User Error" as quoted otherwise by GN but rather a serious design failure. GN still does not think this is a flawed product, look at their new fancy site which has some failures mentioned and conveniently says Nvidia's issue is "fixed as per GN Standards" but the expert repair guy is telling NO. His video catalog on Youtube clearly shows the dude knows about his stuff. Buildzoid also mentioned how the design is garbage vs traditional 8Pin.

Really a mess.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

4 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

I already mentioned how AMD's R9 295X2 using dual 8 Pin handle 500W but mentioning it again and we all know Intel SKL-X HEDT i9 10980XE draws over 600W of power from 8 Pin CPU cables without issue when OCed to 5.1GHz all core, why does this BS company Nvidia has to do with this garbage design ??

Respect for that Northridge Fix on telling how this is not some "User Error" as quoted otherwise by GN but rather a serious design failure. GN still does not think this is a flawed product, look at their new fancy site which has some failures mentioned and conveniently says Nvidia's issue is "fixed as per GN Standards" but the expert repair guy is telling NO. His video catalog on Youtube clearly shows the dude knows about his stuff. Buildzoid also mentioned how the design is garbage vs traditional 8Pin.

The 8 pin EPS connector have 4x12v lines. One more 12v power pin than 8-pin pci-e power connectors for graphics cards. With dual 8 pin EPS connector + power from the PCIe slot it should be enough for powering an 4090. But will lack sense pins. This connector couldn't be an option due how it's designed. 

The new 12VHPWR connectors should be made 50% bigger and not so fragile and with a proper hook latch. Or just dual length of 6 pin connector and slightly higher to implement the 4 sense pins with a proper hook. Pretty or cute have to be todays word. There was not a single reason they had to make the 12VHPWR connectors so small and tiny as they are. So in short... A stupid and not user friendly fragile connector design. Made and created for user erors. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Thanks for this post bro papu.

I have finally got the Cablemod Kit before last week, I was debating a lot of things regarding NVMe SSD which I will try to mention in a later post. In short Samsung, WD, all NVMe drives are a joke because M.2 standard is not use in Enterprise and they use all drives which are non 2280 M.2 so the quality is garbage (Controllers, Firmware, NAND Flash, BIOS issues, SLC caching)

Anyways so the 90 Degree adapter I got from Cablemod I noticed that the bottom female connector is basically not flush, so I emailed to them and they kindly shipped me an RMA without asking anything. Now that I got another one, and I started inspecting it.

Here are the photos, basically if you see the connectors the female pins on the 90 degree adapter the newer one are not perfectly straight. I also have the Cablemod 12VHPWR direct PSU cable too, it's unopened yet so I took a look and those are nicely straight. I will send another message to Cablemod for this and tell them to improve their manufacturing process. Below right is the new adapter look at the first row...

image.thumb.png.8303001fa3c1890cb90b1477d8f9745c.png

Second thing, is I found this video who mentions the difference with the Nvidia stock adapter. Notice how Nvidia adapter is perfectly straight while BeQuiet is not. Looking at Igor's NTK (Tulip design Intel ATX3.0 revision also puts this in mandatory) vs Astron (Dimple outdated) Also for some reason Cablemod's 12VHPWR cables sense pins run 2 unsheated naked wires. Not sure why it is the case.

image.thumb.png.639cbb99b88a442e709e26c1b5e3eb3e.png

Not sure if it's my OCD or not but it does not look streamlined like Nvidia adapter, I bet all the custom cables are having this flaw. Why is this important ?  because as per the whole zoomed images that Igor's Lab provided the new NTK connector Tulip design latches to the male pins inside the female socket for the GPU connector and imagine if you have such variances and over the time what may happen ? I suppose the Northridge videos show what can happen, since most of those lot are from Cablemod directly. 8 Pin connectors are way thicker and are robust and never had this issue and won't have even if the pins are not perfect due to simple commonsense thinking - the 8 Pins have more metal contact mass vs 16 pins, so they are really feeble and the amount of current flow is also higher on the 16 pin vs a single 8 pin connector. Period.

Really a mess.

Is that Be Quiet cable only for their PSU's?

Nvm I will google it.

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

2 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

Is that Be Quiet cable only for their PSU's?

Nvm I will google it.

Be careful with use of different PSU manufacturers cables. Their pin-out on the PSU side is often different. Even within the brands own different PSUs.

• Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

9 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Be careful with use of different PSU manufacturers cables. Their pin-out on the PSU side is often different. Even within the brands own different PSUs.

Ya, I would only use something that was meant for my PSU. 🤙

Received the water block and RGB hub as promised by Raijintek! Super impressed with their speed, and communication. Rig is getting closer to being buttoned up. Does everyone route their loop similar as I do? I like to have the cpu intake closest to the radiator output. My theory is it is the coolest side of the route.

IMG20230520154624.jpg

IMG20230520185354.jpg

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

4 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Ya, I would only use something that was meant for my PSU. 🤙

Received the water block and RGB hub as promised by Raijintek! Super impressed with their speed, and communication. Rig is getting closer to being buttoned up. Does everyone route their loop similar as I do? I like to have the cpu intake closest to the radiator output. My theory is it is the coolest side of the route.

IMG20230520154624.jpg

IMG20230520185354.jpg

Remember the CPU blocks in and output design ain't always similar designed. Depends on the WB brands. In worst case you'll get worse temps. Where the intake is in the chassis (left or right, it doesn't matter regarding temps). Just follow the brands recommandation for in and out for the specific block.

image.png.dc79c5e1404482ee735cd36a6d8a42cc.png

Cold in and hot out.

image.png.c19561b653774640a3a887d8a599b2cc.png

GTX 980 - 3DM 03

https://hwbot.org/submission/5278906_papusan_3dmark03_geforce_gtx_980_271086_marks?recalculate=true

2925496.jpg

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

The baby core race start heating up. More E-cores bro @Mr. Fox @Ashtrix Loads of baby cores. And from both Intel and AMD. Intel may lead on with 3 different types cores. Two types baby cores and the rest is a few Performance cores. More is better? Huuu?

NIGHTMARE.gif.1d7b5b9afdbeb268ee492b29f81f63d7.gif

Intel Meteor Lake 16-Core, 14-Core CPUs Surface In New Benchmarks

Intel continues to go down the hybrid path with Meteor Lake. Meteor Lake, which features a multi-tile design, will employ Redwood Cove performance cores (P-cores) to handle heavy workloads while saving the Cresmont efficient cores (E-cores) for simpler tasks. The design allows for maximizing performance without sacrificing power consumption. However, Meteor Lake may feature a third type of core, presently rumored as the LP E-cores (low-power efficient cores). Meteor Lake will arrive for both laptop and desktop formats but presumably on the former first.

AMD's Ryzen will follow Intel's lead with hybrid cores

4080 is rarely affected. One of the very few and on top with the CableMod adapter. Hmmm, CableMod feels they need to go out with firefighting. PCI-sig with help of Intel developed and designed a disaster of power connector. I wonder whom came up with the great idea that this new connector had to be so dams small and fragile.  

image.png.c269495337226a369755ccb34f131ee5.png

image.png.3423fc3c49bbc7659712a20ec69e517f.png

image.png.de74db2c6c1850b1e84a565616692977.png

“Same here unfortunately” but with 4080, just waiting on support to reply on Monday. Good luck and it hope it works out

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

Those Meteor Lake leaks make little sense and look like clickbait. Why would Intel cut the number of cores when transitioning from 10nm to 7nm process

Multi tile design and Intel offer a huge stack of Cpu's. Don't expect we will see all variants this early. And why didn't AMD go with more cores when they changed to smaller node? And why went Nvidia with a smaller die with less Cuda cores for their low/mid range 4000 graphics chips? Better margins/higher profits?

Melting 4090 and CableMod. JayzTwoCents and Gamers Nexus Response. Blame NVidia or User? And Northridgefix have loads of cards to fix, LOOL

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Those Meteor Lake leaks make little sense and look like clickbait. Why would Intel cut the number of cores when transitioning from 10nm to 7nm process? 

They are first launching the new processors on Intel 4, aka Intel 7nm. Which Supersedes Intel 7, aka 10nm. Also note TSMC 7N is inferior to Intel 7, but the issue is Intel is 5 years late. Intel 4 is now denser than TSMC 5N as well.

Intel launched Tigerlake 11th gen on Intel 7 aka 10nm for BGA trash. And relegated Rocket Lake to suffer on 14nm while it was designed for 10nm in mind, and cut the 2C4T and IMC downgraded, they knew that LGA1700 will sell a lot due to PCIe4 Chipset and new I/O and with a disaster like RKL the graphs will look good vs 10/11th gen. And BGA will get sales regardless because Intel 11th gen BGA was on 10nm and sold a ton at that time AMD was not that competitive on BGA land. Plus ADL was on 10nmESF, which is 10nm+ now aka Intel 7.

So Intel is repeating the same, they are experimenting their Intel 4 node on BGA trash and give them the most important thing - L4 cache  this time on Multi Tile design and with the new Baby core LP-E added to mix they can mint out new BGA chassis and use them for 1-2 years again, so OEMs will also be onboard. Plus smaller silicon die tiles. I think TSMC is involved too for their Xe GPU tile.

As for Desktop LGA1800 socket, they will launch them as a stop gap. The MTL-S Intel 4 desktop processors will beat the RPL/R and Zen 4X3D in games, so they will advertise "GAMING" a lot so they will get sales volume and wont bother with SMT / MT workloads. Remember most computer builds are now just pathetic gaming boxes only. And once Zen 5 launches with 16C32T, Intel may launch Arrow Lake-S with 8P and 16E to fight Zen 5. But I do not get one thing here, Intel launching 2 CPU refreshes in a single year ? Maybe they know AMD Zen 6 will not use AM5 socket, so they cant use LGA19xx or whatever for Lunar Lake / Nova Lake in the future. But if AMD uses Zen 6 also on AM5, then it's toast lol. But this is all LGA. BGA will be selling boatloads for their new MTL-S processors.

Intel management team is absolute BS. They had everything, i7 5775C, Broadwell L4 eDRAM CPU which beats 7700K and approaches 10th gen i5 performance in Games. Imagine if they kept on using it since 5th gen to 10th, 12+ the refinements would be insane. But they did not care as it costs money and also because Intel management and Investors kept on eating that Data center Market money once Brian left after Spectre Meltdown and 10nm disasters, the investors jumped ship to Apple and Management is rotting it away plus a ton of talent bleed. They even let Jim Keller leave in middle of the design of his project

Now AMD and ARM are destroying their DC / HPC marketshare finally and also x86 share is ceding away to AMD, Intel responded by axing Optane / 3D-XPoint (World's best Flash storage technology and it will never be replaced) and SSD NAND business and 5G Modem and a lot and now adding the EDRAM back to their processors. Their previous quarter is a disaster in the entire history of Intel corp (HPC is losing money...only Client got them cash)

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

1 hour ago, Ashtrix said:

so they will advertise "GAMING" a lot so they will get sales volume and wont bother with SMT / MT workloads. Remember most computer builds are now just pathetic gaming boxes only.

One thing for sure. Intel want some of the gaming chips sales.... 

AMD's Ryzen 7 7800X3D Selling Nearly Twice as Fast as 5800X3D in Some Regions

And this one is for you bro @Ashtrix

https://www.pcgamer.com/you-know-m2-ssds-suck-right/

23 hours ago, electrosoft said:

My January purchased cable when I finally got around to using it last month shut down my entire system under any significant gaming load (>=300w). Stock MSI cable continues to work as advertised even >=530w.

23 hours ago, johnksss said:

Might explain you being locked at 300W. The sense cable not fully making contact and only registering 300W max. (speculations of course)

Yup, most likely their QC problems.  Some even get their new CableMod cables with small sense wires dingle in the free air.... Aka easier to catch.

I opened my case up and this small sense wire from my 12vhpwr was just dangling there. This isn't supposed to be free right? CableMod/reddit

• Thumb Up 4

1 hour ago, Ashtrix said:

So Intel is repeating the same, they are experimenting their Intel 4 node on BGA trash and give them the most important thing - L4 cache

Not clear L4 cache is worth the die space, in light of the current DDR5 speeds. Is there any specific communication from Intel that this is their plan for Meteor Lake, or just online speculation?

Anyway, I hope you are wrong about Intel's future, since you sound like they are going down the toilet soon, which nobody- not even AMD and Apple fanboys - should want given the benefits of competition in the CPU space.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

5 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Not clear L4 cache is worth the die space, in light of the current DDR5 speeds.

Anyway, I hope you are wrong about Intel's future, since you sound like they are going down the toilet soon, which nobody- not even AMD and Apple fanboys - should want given the benefits of competition in the CPU space.

Nah, they're not going anywhere. Honestly, it doesn't matter what brand you choose there are TONS of things to hate and complain about. There are also some things to be glad about. The universal problem that seems to apply to most things, all brands, is poor quality control and abusive overpricing. The people selling things are more dishonest and greedier than ever before, and the people that are buying things are more stupid than they ever have been before.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

Question? What is everyone using for their main keyboard? Looking for some ideas. Prefer backlit, but not a gamerboy style.

• Bump 1

Not clear L4 cache is worth the die space, in light of the current DDR5 speeds. Is there any specific communication from Intel that this is their plan for Meteor Lake, or just online speculation?

Intel won't go anywhere.

And if Intel dies that means DIY is dead, because x86 will be dead. Chipzilla status is not done over the night. It took them years of technology advancement and then fumbling as well under Brian Krzanich. Intel had world's most leading edge nodes, first 22nm, first 14nm and yet they faltered. They now have TSMC contracts up for Silicon fabrication.

But they are not going to maintain that status so long, ARM is closing in fast. Ampere announced brand new ARM Server processors, and AMD already has Bergamo ready but Sapphire Rapids is DOA, vs EYPC Genoa. Their DC business posted loss last quarter. Which is why Intel is speeding up Emerald Rapids (More cores now vs Sapphire Rapids) and Sierra Forest (E-Core XEON to fight vs Bergamo and ARM).

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-will-hold-20-of-server-cpu-market-in-2023-analysts-say

Server

L4 is a given, I do not think they can make a chip with just 6P cores and beat the 7800X3D and upcoming RPL-Refresh. This is not a rumor or speculation, Adamantine cache (Intel L4 branding) patches were done in Linux kernel too

Intel's new MCM is chiplet tile based, they are putting the Compute tile + Xe GPU + SOC tile which will have P+E+LP-E cores and L4 access across the board like i7 5775C. L4 is slower than AMD's L3 X3D stack but given the new design of non monolithic design from Intel it may depend on how they execute.

• Thumb Up 5

Helios (WIP)

Ethereal Ranger

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

One thing for sure. Intel want some of the gaming chips sales.... 

AMD's Ryzen 7 7800X3D Selling Nearly Twice as Fast as 5800X3D in Some Regions

And this one is for you bro @Ashtrix

https://www.pcgamer.com/you-know-m2-ssds-suck-right/

Yup, most likely their QC problems.  Some even get their new CableMod cables with small sense wires dingle in the free air.... Aka easier to catch.

I opened my case up and this small sense wire from my 12vhpwr was just dangling there. This isn't supposed to be free right? CableMod/reddit

@johnksss @Papusan the sense cable makes more sense. While it was technically connected, the cabling was floating on its own versus everything else.

Here is a pic of my actual failed Cablemod cable (before I cut it in half as per their instructions). This is the EVGA specific cable and you can also see how they just attached leads based upon which PSU you used:

VqD8SKR.jpg

LD4PaVI.jpg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

28 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

Question? What is everyone using for their main keyboard? Looking for some ideas. Prefer backlit, but not a gamerboy style.

Using the Razer pro type, its ok but it disconnects sometime, but there is a newer version, Ultra that it doesnt have the disconnect problems.

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Ultra-Wireless-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B09J72K6SM/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=razer%2Btype%2Bpro&qid=1684693651&sprefix=razer%2Btyyoe%2B%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1&th=1

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

L4 is a given, I do not think they can make a chip with just 6P cores and beat the 7800X3D and upcoming RPL-Refresh. This is not a rumor or speculation, Adamantine cache (Intel L4 branding) patches were done in Linux kernel too

All I'm seeing so far is bizarre news like this: https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-confirms-adamantine-l4-cache-for-meteor-lake

Basically they state that L4 cache will be faster than L3 cache (would be a nonsensical design), but then they also say it won't really be general purpose cache but:

As explained by Intel, the main purpose of L4 cache is to improve boot optimization and increase security around the host CPU. Furthermore, the L4 cache would preserve the cache at reset, leading to improved loading times that would otherwise have to go through all boot/reset cycles.

Not clear what the fuss is about, definitely can't wait to have my load and boot times optimised that way lol Probably just noise written by AI.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

Re: Buying positive reviews

Ugh, Asus can't keep shooting themselves in the foot....sheesh.

• Thumb Up 5

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

2 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Hyper X Alloy Origins is a good choice, its entirely made of AL chassis, removable USB C cable. Downside is UWP app for managing KB features. BUT the KB itself has 3 on-board profiles (which is very rare for many KBs including Corsair which do not have that), you do not need the software once you are done customizing. Another downside depending on user, it does not have media keys.

https://hyperx.com/products/hyperx-alloy-origins-mechanical-gaming-keyboard?variant=42330451148957

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bump 1

Helios (WIP)

Ethereal Ranger

5 hours ago, Raiderman said:

EVGA Z15. They have a clicky type and a not clicky type. I have one of each and wish both were the non-clicky type.  You use EVGA RGB software to set the colors and they save to the keyboard NVRAM so the software only needs to run when you want to change something. The EVGA software (like always) is a win32 application, not UWP filth.

This is a link for the non-clicky version: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=821-W1-15US-KR

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

On 5/16/2023 at 11:59 PM, Papusan said:

Bro Fox. Want to see something ugly? The new and shiny overpriced 4070 cards offer huge value over the cheaper EOL 3070, LOOL

image.thumb.png.66e081f24b65b10e6b292b0a95794a10.png

Here's todays Sunday Joke. 4060Ti should really perform more like  the older 3070(Ti) from previous gen graphics cards. Both have same 8GB vram buffer. My sons 3070 3DM Speed Way score is around 25% higher. Can't beat new and modern. New has to be better newer, LOOL

RTX 4060 Ti Beats RX 7600 In Early Generic Benchmarks

Compare my 3070@4000 3DM Speed Way score with this utter mess and you can clearly see how bad value you get with the low/mid end 4000 series cards. And the 8GB vram buffer doesn't make it any better. Even if the bench results is slightly better than this taster, it will and should give the new buyers of this scam a bad taste in their mouth. Not a good feeling, feeeling you are scammed!

image.png.c28bf767e5cc714fac72a92faf1bc9c3.png

Then you have the prices for this new and shiny. I have to pay $500/550 USD or above for a brand new custom Nvidia 8GB graphics card in 2023. And that brand new Nvidia card can't even run 1080P at max settings. If you want Ultra setting  then you'll have to pay close to $650 for the 4060Ti@16GB card here home. Yep, $650 for a 4060Ti ain't far away from the $699 suggested price for the 3080@10GB 4K flagship card from 2 years ago. Nice. Yep, Nvidia don't need help from the miners anymore. They get the needed help from stupid buyers. And we know they are out there waiting for this card.

Gigabyte’s custom GeForce RTX 4060 Ti cards are priced from $400 to $470

Then we have this from Sapphire. Castrate the card to make the price more appealing. This is just dumb. 

Sapphire’s Toned Down Radeon RX 7900 XT Custom Design Drops Vapor Chamber, $70 US Cheaper

• Thumb Up 4

well. I think that killed it.

back on topic. if the cables are defective why buy them. and it looks like the 3060 is equal to the 4060, pitiful.

its kinda like buying a bag of apples and all of them have a rotten core...go somewhere else don't repeat and complain. everything has issues

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled