NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

1 minute ago, johnksss said:

Ah, okay. Mine is also free, but like you mentioned. All 4 of mine are covered in the sheath all the way to the PSU.

Also to add.. All terminals seem to be pretty sturdy and no bent or out of place pins on the card itself.

I have not seen any issues with my cables, end terminals or GPU socket either. All still look like new. I frequently check mine for heat by touch and using an infrared thermometer, and I have never seen anything unusual so far.

All of the hyped crap on YouTube and tech web sites makes many people feel less than 100% confident, since we can only speculate on what is causing it. Some of the speculation is probably accurate based on logic, but without evidence. I really don't think it is happening because people suddenly forgot how to plug in a cable securely, especially after the first round of negative publicity. I suspect most people are cautious to a fault and still not feeling any warm fuzzies about it. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I am not sure there is any real evidence to show that Cablemod QC is universally bad or that their cables are causing it. The 90° adapter might create some resistance, but bear in mind that the adapter might be used to avoid bending the cable near the connector in tight spaces. The aesthetic improvement is nice, but it is not necessarily the motivating factor in all cases. It may be used in an effort to prevent the burning cable due to being bent sharply near the connector on the PCB in a case that is not large enough.

From what I have seen the last months.... There is 3 well known brands for custom cables/adapters as FASGEAR, MODDIY and CableMod. Most problems I have seen is coming from... Yep you gessed it, CableMods adapter/cables. 

CableMod reps say in short... The new 12VHPWR connector is trash. Only two of them in paralell or a redesign can fix this. This simple... You don't design a car the way a simple user error will and can crash the car. They recall the car if they see something that can be a problem forwards just to be safe. 

image.png.da01a11c39d027c592f9ea9db5df955e.png

Edit. Forgot the ultimate fix. A forced firmware flash in new drivers that will cap the power below 400W😂

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Totally agree with that. The alternative to replacing it free of charge during the warranty period if the connector melts would be a recall and replacement of all GPUs sold so far with a new GPU using a better connector design, or a larger PCB with 8-pin connectors.

I would like to see AIB partners do this on their own and start building 4090s with four 8-pin connectors and 4080/4080TI with three 8-pin connectors rather than following NVIDIA's lead on the 12VHPWR connectors. Any GPUs that are replaced under warranty would get the new design that does not use 12VHPWR connectors. 

This would neve happen even in an ideal world. No one would take that costs. Even adding more connectors would increase the costs.

I don't even dare think what a redesign, more connectors and validation would cost.  And nvidia offer the AIC parners 5% margins? There was for a reason Evga jumped the GPU ship.

• Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

56 minutes ago, Papusan said:

From what I have seen the last months.... There is 3 well known brands for custom cables/adapters as FASGEAR, CableMod and MODDIY. Most problems I have seen is coming from... Yep you gessed it, CableMods adapter/cables. 

What we do not know is how many have been sold versus suspected of failure. If CableMods sells volume of 10:1 or 20:1 compared to the other brands and 1 in 20,000 sold by CableMods results in a problem, it doesn't mean the other brands are better or that CableMods is worse. It just means we don't have enough data to speak with authority on the matter and have to resort to speculation. (I am just pulling numbers from the air for discussion. I don't think anyone has any real numbers.) That doesn't mean that anyone should think differently about one brand versus another, or feel more comfortable using FASGEAR or MODDIY instead of CableMods. The only thing we can be certain about is that we don't know what we don't know, LOL.

56 minutes ago, Papusan said:

This would neve happen even in an ideal world. No one would take that costs. Even adding more connectors would increase the costs.

I don't even dare think what a redesign, more connectors and validation would cost.  And nvidia offer the AIC parners 5% margins? There was for a reason Evga jumped the GPU ship.

As painful as it was to lose them in the GPU race, I think it might have been a smart thing for EVGA to do at this point. Putting myself in their shoes, I might have made the same decision. Other than it being a favor and an act of sacrificial charity, just because they want their customers to have better products available to them, there would be no true business reason for them to continue in a situation where the conditions were poor and profits too low. It is dangerous for consumers that EVGA might not be the last one to bow out and excuse themselves from the nonsense if things continue on their current path.

There are a couple of things that don't make good sense to me relating to the 12VHPWR connector. The sensor wire is very thin and delicate. Why? Is there a reason it is not the same guage as the rest of them? Leaving it free-floating places it at risk to some degree for getting broken or cut. But, confining it also makes is susceptible to kinking or breaking because it can't lengthen or shorten itself at the same rate as the heavier wires when the cable bundle changes from being straight to having bends in it. (That is one advantage to the flat cables for sure.) The 12VHPWR connector itself is dainty and fragile. Why? I can't identify a legitimate reason it needs to be. They could make it 50-75% larger and stronger without losing anything, and it would still be smaller than three 8-pin connectors if a silly goal to make it smaller in size is what is driving the idiocy. (Which would fly in the face of logic looking at the rest of the GPU.) The wimpy design of the 12VHPWR connector seems especially out of place on graphics cards that are some of the most robust, high-powered and overbuilt GPUs the world has ever seen, yet they put a wussy baby-girl power connector on them. That's real stupid. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

This build hurts my head....

$100k budget for a lot of BS but at it's core they select an EVGA Z790 Kingpin, 13900KS and G.Skill 6000 memory (?) 2x32GB and it won't run at XMP (or has issues) so they drop down to 5600.....

That much budget I am definitely:

Buying a binned out the wazzo 13900ks

Drop down to 2x 24GB SR sticks / Splurging for some 8000 sticks

Delidding the 13900ks

Tuning the snot out of the memory, CPU and GPU (in that order)  with all that cooling

Might as well water cool the memory too...

Heck with that budget I'd probably fish around for a killer 4090 sample too

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

The only thing we can be certain about is that we don't know what we don't know, LOL.

Yep. Here's a new one from the last couple of hours. I think Gamers Nexus will take a look a second round. Because this topic won't die in same way as the 12VHPWR connectors😁 Nice we have something to talk about, LOOL

The 3rd or 4th for the day.... And the kids on reddit blaming the users. A minimal line of scratch on the connector and all will attack you for being an fool, HaHa

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471n2xsj9aw1rg6zqoc7bl4j10dpl55o0mvyap1531&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

The damn small stupid designed latch/hook is so weak and small that the tiny 12VHPWR connector will with time slowly slip out of from the GPU connector. You shouldn't need babysit your Pc if the components is designed/developed and manufactured correctly. But yeah... Always the users faulth, LOOL 

4 hours ago, electrosoft said:

$100k budget for a lot of BS but at it's core they select an EVGA Z790 Kingpin, 13900KS and G.Skill 6000 memory (?) 2x32GB and it won't run at XMP (or has issues) so they drop down to 5600.....

What a waste of money. 80-90K down the drain for almost no gains. Only for useless bling bling + stuff you don't need. 

Here is more stupidity........ Nvidia go cheaper but not on the prices. One tier down at the cost of possible more performance. Shrink the GPU boards max power to minimum will help your electricity bill but you won't gain more FPS. 

For enthusiasts and gamers, it is unfortunate to see the RTX 4060 being regulated to the AD107 die, with the performance potential it could have had with Nvidia's bigger AD106 die. But at least we are getting an incredibly efficient GPU that will be easy to power and cool.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/rtx-4060-will-use-smallest-ad-die

In short... The gamers will get double up of everything that's bad. Lower performance due castrated TGP and lower tier GPU die (less cuda cores than previous gen). Can't beat the good offer from Nvidia, LOOL

• Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

8 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I have not seen any issues with my cables, end terminals or GPU socket either. All still look like new. I frequently check mine for heat by touch and using an infrared thermometer, and I have never seen anything unusual so far.

All of the hyped crap on YouTube and tech web sites makes many people feel less than 100% confident, since we can only speculate on what is causing it. Some of the speculation is probably accurate based on logic, but without evidence. I really don't think it is happening because people suddenly forgot how to plug in a cable securely, especially after the first round of negative publicity. I suspect most people are cautious to a fault and still not feeling any warm fuzzies about it. 

All I can say is I do not check mine at all. I unplug it to swap things around then plug it back in. Every time I hear the click and that has been good enough for me. I do not tug or move or play with it. If it burns it burns. Although I can clearly see mine though 100% of the time.

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Yep. Here's a new one from the last couple of hours. I think Gamers Nexus will take a look a second round. Because this topic won't die in same way as the 12VHPWR connectors😁 Nice we have something to talk about, LOOL

The 3rd or 4th for the day....

What a waste of money. 80-90K down the drain for almost no gains. Only for useless bling bling + stuff you don't need. 

And looking at his pictures you can see where it was not pushed all the way end. I would delete those pictures when saying I plugged it in all the way.... just saying.

Wait! he did delete them. 🤦‍♂️😂

Please tell me @Papusan screen shotted that one!!!!

Wait! one is there, but the other two that show it really well are gone.

lfon64ql4i1b1.jpeg?width=1170&format=pjp

Not sure if it's possible, but to correct this issue they would need to disable their "high tech" security feature.(Cable Sense) as the 8 pin connectors do not have this so when those cables are not plugged in fully the card does not even power on. The Kingpin cards will tell you which plug is either not working or not plugged in. Depending on how you look at it. (Just my opinion)

Damn, this rash of 6 to 7 month card failures has me seeing double. Case 1 shows the line as well as case number 2. Case 2 has 5 pictures while case 1 has the 3.🤦‍♂️ User error on me!

• Haha 4

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

29 minutes ago, johnksss said:

All I can say is I do not check mine at all. I unplug it to swap things around then plug it back in. Every time I hear the click and that has been good enough for me. I do not tug or move or play with it. If it burns it burns. Although I can clearly see mine though 100% of the time.

And looking at his pictures you can see where it was not pushed all the way end. I would delete those pictures when saying I plugged it in all the way.... just saying.

Wait! he did delete them. 🤦‍♂️😂

Please tell me @Papusan screen shotted that one!!!!

Wait! one is there, but the other two that show it really well are gone.

lfon64ql4i1b1.jpeg?width=1170&format=pjp

Not sure if it's possible, but to correct this issue they would need to disable their "high tech" security feature.(Cable Sense) as the 8 pin connectors do not have this so when those cables are not plugged in fully the card does not even power on. The Kingpin cards will tell you which plug is either not working or not plugged in. Depending on how you look at it. (Just my opinion)

Could be he have plugged it in all the way, but didn't notice the tiny wimpy hook would attach properly to the latch. Then it will slide out again before or later. I expect this is one of the reasons for smoke and fire a few months after they started use their +1600$4090. I expect the users should be able to see if the connector have slided out when they disconnect the connector after the fire. But maybe they are in shock after seing the smoke and forgot to check?😎

• Thumb Up 1

2 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Could be he have plugged it in all the way, but didn't notice the tiny wimpy hook would attach properly to the latch. Then it will slide out again before or later. I expect this is one of the reasons for smoke and fire a few months after they started use their +1600$4090. I expect the users should be able to see if the connector have slided out when they disconnect the connector after the fire. But maybe they are in shock after seing the smoke and forgot to check?😎

Well, I seen where some people are using Hwinfo with the alarm to monitor the voltage on the rail. So I added that to mine as well.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

These new 7200 G.Skill sticks are just madness. Anyone else running these new 2x24’s? Mine have been at 8600 c38-52-52-52-139 for over a week now. Solid as a rock! 

I slowly worked my way up on these. First 8000 for some days, then 8200 for some days, then 8400 for some days, now 8600 and I tell you after 7 days of daily use you no BSODS, no WHEAS. Just solid as a rock!! I work on this system 8 hours a day as well. It’s really surprising to be running this. 😂

DDR5 8600

138.900 MBPS bandwidth

50.7ns latency. 

These are my timings below. 

I run these voltages.

1.350 CPU IMC

1.350 IVR TX

1.550V DDR5 VDD

1.500V DDR5 VDDQ

PS: The 6.3Ghz is just (4) core loads, 6.0Ghz for all cores. I keep my water at 18.3C daily, but it does reach 24C at times during gaming. This KS is really not picky of water temps like my 13900K was. I had to maintain a SUB 18C cold temp with my 13900K for 6Ghz daily, whereas my 13900KS is like whatever…. “I like bath water” strange silicon these KS chips are! They have something special in them 🤷‍♂️🤣

EKc89Mh.jpg

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 2

13900KF

13 minutes ago, johnksss said:

Well, I seen where some people are using Hwinfo with the alarm to monitor the voltage on the rail. So I added that to mine as well.

Hmm, I have not seen that. Which sensor is it in HWiNFO64?

7 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Hmm, I have not seen that. Which sensor is it in HWiNFO64?

one sec

ejWFfM4.png

hZjlGIU.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 2

Hwbot Profile

GTX 980 - 3DM 06

https://hwbot.org/submission/5280172_papusan_3dmark06_geforce_gtx_980_85923_marks?recalculate=true

2926560.jpg

A better one. But far from taking 4th🙂 This K|ngp|n card should really be under water. Higher voltage doesn't do much (rather unstability). Need it colder.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5280177_papusan_3dmark06_geforce_gtx_980_87034_marks?recalculate=true

2926567.jpg

• Thumb Up 4

3 hours ago, johnksss said:

one sec

ejWFfM4.png

hZjlGIU.png

Thanks. My GPU is over those thresholds at idle. It is like 12.900V. That might be the 1000W vBIOS I am using though. Not sure if that affects input voltage or not. I will check with the stock vBIOS and see if it changes.

So, I got the 13900KS from Germany. Exactly as advertised. It is in the buggy Z690 Apex right now. Needs a delid real bad, so I have it capped at 60 on all P-cores. Will do the delid and move it to the Dark mobo in a day or two. 

g69YL8L.jpg

zx4e6rk.jpg

thBzh3e.jpg

Looks like a strong CPU...

image.png

• Thumb Up 5

28 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Thanks. My GPU is over those thresholds at idle. It is like 12.900V. That might be the 1000W vBIOS I am using though. No sure if that affects input voltage or not. I will check with the stock vBIOS and see if it changes.

So, I got the 13900KS from Germany. Exactly as advertised. It is in the buggy Z690 Apex right now. Needs a delid real bad, so I have it capped at 60 on all P-cores. Will do the delid and move it to the Dark mobo in a day or two. 

g69YL8L.jpg

zx4e6rk.jpg

thBzh3e.jpg

Looks like a strong CPU...

image.png

It will be different for each person depending on PSU/wires/GPU I suspect. As long as you are no where near that 11.7 range. Which seems to indicate a serious voltage issue. One created by bad PSU or very bad contact. This needs to be checked under load.

• Thumb Up 5

Hwbot Profile

20 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I went ahead and got another 1200W SHIFT PSU. I really like the flat cables and side ports. It is so much easier to manage the flat cables versus round sleeved cables, and the side ports free up usable space. The space they occupy on the side of the PSU is normally unused. The cables on a conventional PSU consume space that can be used for something else, like a drive cage or basement pump for a custom loop. All things considered, the volume this PSU and its cables consume is probably about half what my 1600W Supernova PSU consumes. Maybe the fact that it is native ATX 3.0 and has the factory 12VHPWR cable will help avoid socket melting.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Tbh I'm kind of missing the pics with the evga case. You had it looking fantastic.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

3 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Tbh I'm kind of missing the pics with the evga case. You had it looking fantastic.

Definitely looks amazing. I was (and still am) torn between it looking incredible and losing the huge amount of space it consumes. If you remember when you offered it to me a couple of years ago, I got out my tape measure and started trying to figure out how it would work and decided it was too big to fit. I was thinking with my head instead of my heart and being pragmatic at that point.

The reality is it will not fit anywhere comfortably, but I am still seriously considering moving the guts from my work computer into it and getting rid of the 5000D Airflow. It also looks amazing but it's too small. It's like the exact opposite problem LOL. The only thing that gives me pause is the fact that if I need to work on it I can easily, with one hand tied behind my back, spin the 5000D around or lay it on its back on top of my desk and it's no problem. I don't have to move other things out of the way or clear space to move it. Moving the DG-86 is definitely not something that can be done in a nonchalant manner. It requires strength, both hands, and a certain degree of planning (and moving other things), LOL. The empty chassis weighs more than the fully assembled 5000D. (I am only assuming this, but I suspect the gargantuan size and weight is why you are not using it instead of the Lian Li case you are using now.)

The DG-86 is too large to fit under my desk. It's about 6 inches wider than my desk is deep. This is due to the rear IO chamber, which is also one of the features I like so much. So it's like a two edged sword in that respect. I wouldn't want it under my desk even if it would fit, because that is just way too inconvenient and inaccessible. And what's the point in hiding something so gorgeous under a desk where nobody can appreciate its beauty? That's kind of stupid. I have always absolutely hated the idea of putting a PC under my desk or in an enclosed compartment inside of the desk.

It's so large that having it on my desk leaves me with no workspace, which is already at a premium. Going from the Level 20 XT to the DG-86 was jumping from the frying pan to the fire. The footprint is the same, but the DG-86 is a whole bunch taller and much heavier. The added height isn't as difficult to deal with as the amount of space the footprint consumes and the complexity involved in moving it. The one major advantage to the Level 20 XT is its 360° access, horizontal motherboard tray, it becomes the functional equivalent of an open bench with the glass side and top removed that is just as massive as the DG-86 in terms of desk footprint. 

What I really need is a larger office but that is never going to happen. If I had a larger office space I would probably do several things that I can't do now, including using both the DG-86 and Level 20 XT simultaneously and buying a second chiller or phase change system. Using external pumps and radiators contributes to the space problem, but I am not interested in changing that. The external pumps and radiators approach is the only way to fly, IMHO. 

The benching rig is still definitely staying open air bench like it should have stayed all along. Functionality trumps aesthetics in that respect. The space the open bench takes up is only 15x15 inches. It is so much more compact that I've even considered the idea of getting another open bench and not having any enclosed cases. The unrivaled convenience of using an open bench is absolutely compelling. Moving it is almost as easy as moving a milk crate. Just grab it by the side handles and move it (after disconnecting the wires and two QDC fittings, of course).

Having used few enclosed cases, all of which have been stunningly gorgeous models, has made me more appreciative of the convenience of an open bench and less influenced by something because it looks nice. If I were a gamer that valued form over function and built something, set a modest overclock, then put the side panels on, left it alone and just used it, that would be different scenario. I would be using hard tubing and doing things that gamers do that valued style over substance. But, I am not a gamer and I can't put something together and just leave it alone. I am uncontrollably compelled by my mental illness as an enthusiast to mess with it. Constantly.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Raiderman said:

Test benches are just so good! That’s why @Mr. Fox keeps going back to it. No matter what new case he tries, he always goes back to that trusty old test bench😂 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

13900KF

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Definitely looks amazing. I was (and still am) torn between it looking incredible and losing the huge amount of space it consumes. If you remember when you offered it to me a couple of years ago, I got out my tape measure and started trying to figure out how it would work and decided it was too big to fit. I was thinking with my head instead of my heart and being pragmatic at that point.

The reality is It will not fit anywhere comfortably, but I am still seriously considering moving the guts from my work computer into it and getting rid of the 5000D Airflow. It also looks amazing but it's too small. It's like the exact opposite problem LOL. The only thing that gives me pause is the fact that if I need to work on it I can easily, with one hand tied behind my back, spin the 5000D around or lay it on its back on top of my desk and it's no problem. I don't have to move other things out of the way or clear space to move it. Moving the DG-86 is definitely not something that can be done in a nonchalant manner. It requires strength, both hands, and a certain degree of planning (and moving other things), LOL. The empty chassis weighs more than the fully assembled 5000D. (I am only assuming this, but I suspect the gargantuan size and weight is why you are not using it instead of the Lian Li case you are using now.)

The DG-86 is too large to fit under my desk. It's about 6 inches wider than my desk is deep. This is due to the rear IO chamber, which is also one of the features I like so much. So it's like a two edged sword in that respect. I wouldn't want it under my desk even if it would fit, because that is just way too inconvenient and inaccessible. And what's the point in hiding something so gorgeous under a desk where nobody can appreciate its beauty? That's kind of stupid. I have always absolutely hated the idea of putting a PC under my desk or in an enclosed compartment inside of the desk.

It's so large that having it on my desk leaves me with no workspace, which is already at a premium. Going from the Level 20 XT to the DG-86 was jumping from the frying pan to the fire. The footprint is the same, but the DG-86 is a whole bunch taller and much heavier. The added height isn't as difficult to deal with as the amount of space the footprint consumes and the complexity involved in moving it. The one major advantage to the Level 20 XT is its 360° access, horizontal motherboard tray, it becomes the functional equivalent of an open bench with the glass side and top removed that is just as massive as the DG-86 in terms of desk footprint. 

What I really need is a larger office but that is never going to happen. If I had a larger office space I would probably do several things that I can't do now, including using both the DG-86 and Level 20 XT simultaneously and buying a second chiller or phase change system. Using external pumps and radiators contributes to the space problem, but I am not interested in changing that. The external pumps and radiators approach is the only way to fly, IMHO. 

The benching rig is still definitely staying open air bench like it should have stayed all along. Functionality trumps aesthetics in that respect. The space the open bench takes up is only 15x15 inches. It is so much more compact that I've even considered the idea of getting another open bench and not having any enclosed cases. The unrivaled convenience of using an open bench is absolutely compelling. Moving it is almost as easy as moving a milk crate. Just grab it by the side handles and move it (after disconnecting the wires and two QDC fittings, of course).

Having used few enclosed cases, all of which have been stunningly gorgeous models, has made me more appreciative of the convenience of an open bench and less influenced by something because it looks nice. If I were a gamer that valued form over function and built something, set a modest overclock, then put the side panels on, left it alone and just used it, that would be different scenario. I would be using hard tubing and doing things that gamers do that valued style over substance. But, I am not a gamer and I can't put something together and just leave it alone. I am uncontrollably compelled by my mental illness as an enthusiast to mess with it. Constantly.

TL;DR?

25 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

Test benches are just so good! That’s why @Mr. Fox keeps going back to it. No matter what new case he tries, he always goes back to that trusty old test bench😂 

^^^ What he said, LOL... ^^^

• Thumb Up 2

Trash 😁

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 4

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

36 minutes ago, cylix said:

Trash 😁

We need these emojis added to the button list in the lower right corner 💩 💢 💯
I would use the pile of poop for that one, LOL

• Haha 3
  • Bump 1

Cheap ass entry lvl card at prices of midrange..

• Sad 3

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

What a failure. Also this time nvidia screwed the the average gamers. Last time, the miner boom. Now overpriced cards that struggle to compete with two years old cards people had problem get because Nvidia prefered the price hike over MSRP. 

I wonder if the gamers will accept this.... Even 300$ is on the brink being acceptable as a good value. And yep, we still haven't seen 4060 in action with the measly 115W TGP.

The RTX 3060 Ti also offered great 1440p gaming, but this is a pure 1080p GPU for $400.

1440p.jpg?quality=50&strip=all&w=1200

Now that we’ve tested the RTX 4060 Ti, we can confirm that it indeed slows down at the higher 1440p resolution. In fact, it can’t even hang tough at 1440p with the RTX 3070, which cost $500 in 2020. You’d expect a new card to at least rival an older GPU that cost just $100 more than it 2.5 long years ago, but the RTX 4060 Ti fails to clear that low bar.

Nvidia.............

200.webp?cid=ecf05e470jwawunaisw6mpkgrib97m7fgnj5yhvwwplf5xwx&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.webp&ct=g

The nvidia way..... Sell software for huge premium! Imagine how bad this would be with older DLSS 2.

image.png.5fcd79bbb252839b0384fa117b34da0c.png

Yep, Nvidia now selling Trash for premiumfacepalm.gif.a60672ef3cf4805e2b56e5083770d74a.giffacepalm.gif.a60672ef3cf4805e2b56e5083770d74a.giffacepalm.gif.a60672ef3cf4805e2b56e5083770d74a.gif

LOOOL 08:07 - Cyberpunk 2077 - 10:44 - Hogwarts Legacy

Yep, new has to be better newer. I wonder whom in Nvidia HQ said that this is acceptable for a 2 years newer graphics cardfacepalm.gif.a60672ef3cf4805e2b56e5083770d74a.giffacepalm.gif.a60672ef3cf4805e2b56e5083770d74a.giffacepalm.gif.a60672ef3cf4805e2b56e5083770d74a.gif

image.thumb.png.f30fd84be7ea83ed258b64b8de923ec0.png

And this is 1080P... Maybe the 4060Ti should be a 720P tier card? Crushed by previous gen xx60Ti

image.thumb.png.9ff6dc7ed81fc9ca9b7852901ac70a77.png

In short............ And if you still buy it. You are scammed.

1447364651_MONEYDOWNTHETOILET.gif.145e6800eb91a4f35746b81f131c30e4.gif

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, tps3443 said:

These new 7200 G.Skill sticks are just madness. Anyone else running these new 2x24’s? Mine have been at 8600 c38-52-52-52-139 for over a week now. Solid as a rock! 

I slowly worked my way up on these. First 8000 for some days, then 8200 for some days, then 8400 for some days, now 8600 and I tell you after 7 days of daily use you no BSODS, no WHEAS. Just solid as a rock!! I work on this system 8 hours a day as well. It’s really surprising to be running this. 😂

DDR5 8600

138.900 MBPS bandwidth

50.7ns latency. 

These are my timings below. 

I run these voltages.

1.350 CPU IMC

1.350 IVR TX

1.550V DDR5 VDD

1.500V DDR5 VDDQ

PS: The 6.3Ghz is just (4) core loads, 6.0Ghz for all cores. I keep my water at 18.3C daily, but it does reach 24C at times during gaming. This KS is really not picky of water temps like my 13900K was. I had to maintain a SUB 18C cold temp with my 13900K for 6Ghz daily, whereas my 13900KS is like whatever…. “I like bath water” strange silicon these KS chips are! They have something special in them 🤷‍♂️🤣

EKc89Mh.jpg

Nice!

But seriously....

I say this with the utmost respect....

GO GET A 4090 ALREADY!  😁😆

15 minutes ago, Papusan said:

What a failure. Also this time nvidia screwed the the average gamers. Last time, the miner boom. Now overpriced cards that struggle to compete with two years old cards people had problem get because Nvidia prefered the price hike over MSRP. 

I wonder if the gamers will accept this.... Even 300$ is on the brink being acceptable as a good value. And yep, we still haven't seen 4060 with the measly 115W TGP.

The RTX 3060 Ti also offered great 1440p gaming, but this is a pure 1080p GPU for $400.

Now that we’ve tested the RTX 4060 Ti, we can confirm that it indeed slows down at the higher 1440p resolution. In fact, it can’t even hang tough at 1440p with the RTX 3070, which cost $500 in 2020. You’d expect a new card to at least rival an older GPU that cost just $100 more than it 2.5 long years ago, but the RTX 4060 Ti fails to clear that low bar.

Nvidia.............

200.webp?cid=ecf05e470jwawunaisw6mpkgrib97m7fgnj5yhvwwplf5xwx&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.webp&ct=g

No surprises here. Nvidia is re-aligning everything for the future and pricing since they got a taste of what consumers can and will pay during the mining pandemic times and to properly align their cards in their product stack you shift prices upward, cut dies, bandwidth and memory. You are no longer guaranteed a healthy performance bump along each tier even if Nvidia has to neuter their cards to give it to you. You won't get a *worse* performance bump tier vs tier (3060ti vs 4060ti) but it won't be the generational uplift we're used to in the mid to low tier anymore....and you'll pay for that privilege.

4060/ti is meant to be a full blown higher refresh 1080p card and that is what you'll get...and like it. Want Ultra settings too? Well, we have a 16GB model for that coming....aren't you happy? What? You want to do 1440p? Well, we have the 4070 and 4070ti....more memory? Fine, FINE....here is our $1200 4080...you are so lucky!

Looking at HUB's review, on average it is ~8.8% faster at 1080p and  ~5.4% faster at 1440p vs the 3060ti. It is a high refresh enabled card at 1080p and playable at 1440p. That is pathetic generation to generation wise.

Nvidia is Intel ~5yrs ago but with the technical advancements to back it up but consumers don't forget and the mindspace thoughts about Nvidia are slowly shifting. The moment they falter and AMD (or Intel?) offers at least equally compelling products they will feel it just like Intel is feeling it now.

• Like 3
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

What happened to Jayz 4060Ti review video? Why did he off-load the video? Ans is there a cached video out there?

Can anyone see whats wrong with Pcmag.com ? Or is it something wrong with the review editor? Maybe he was drunk or something when he reviewed the 4060Ti .....

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Founders Edition Review

Verdict:

The AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT is available for as low as $319.99 at the time of writing, and though it performs close to the RTX 4060 Ti at times, we’d still say it's worthwhile to spend the extra $80 or so on a $399 Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060 Ti instead.

That DLSS 3 support is also the biggest advantage the RTX 4060 Ti has over the RTX 3070. A few base-model RTX 3070 cards are available for $399 at this writing, matching the price of the RTX 4060 Ti. As things stand, we see no reason not to buy the newer card, though we'll have to see how the RTX 4060 Ti's availability and partner-card pricing shakes out on the street.

• Haha 2